Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Chronic health problems/injuries
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Chronic health problems/injuries Next Topic
Page: of 21

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2010 :  7:04:51 PM  Show Profile
Well we brought mom home today. All test was good and they think she was just over medicated. Cut alot of her meds out. She seems to be feeling better. Thank the Lord!

Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2010 :  7:58:13 PM  Show Profile
hi every one, thanks for thinking of me. i have been super busy. i am so glad your mom is ok brendaa. i took care of mine for 11 years. i miss her often. well will visit in am going to bath and bed. happy days sherrye girls i am so surprised that the unemployment extensions are less than what we get. we get 80 percent of check. go figure...

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2010 :  11:11:42 PM  Show Profile
Tom was getting 80% because he had taxes taken out of it. Maybe that is why its less. Tom got a job yesterday. Min. wage but at least hes working. And he seems to be very happy about it. He needs to be working, just to get out and get exercise and be with someone else besides me. hahaha Pray all is going well for everyone. As you can see, I'm not sleeping well tonight,which is normal for me, it's 1:00. I'll go back and lay down again later. Check in again sometime today when everyone else is up. hahaha

Hugs, Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2010 :  06:54:52 AM  Show Profile
Good AM ladies! Hope everyone is doing ok today. My day is pretty quiet, but will be joining family for spaghetti dinner at my daughters house tonite. Always fun to spend time with the grandkids!! Update on the brace, little by little getting used to it. It does give stability so I dont feel as though I will fall or lose my balance as easily as before having it. Still use the cane as well. Take care everyone. Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2010 :  2:04:16 PM  Show Profile
Ladies thought I'd catch you up on tom and his job. We were out this morning to find his some pants to wear to his new job. The phone rang and it was the lady that hired him. She said the girl that quit wants to come back to the job. So shes hiring her back so she doesn't have to train Tom. That was like a kick in the tummy for sure. He just kept saying It's just not right. I told him, Hunny there are alot of things in this world that is not being done right, but we have to trust the Lord. Maybe it was not meant to be. Thank goodness he still has the unemployment. He's been a little down today, could you all say a little prayer for him.

Just talked to mom and she said shes not feeling any better than she did before she went to the hospital. She said she has packed her clothes again, because if she doesn't get to feeling better, she's going back. So I'm going in to rest for awhile. Since I didn't sleep last night, thought I better try to now, who knows what I'll be doing by evening.

Have a good weekend and will talk later.

Hugs, Brenda

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  06:31:17 AM  Show Profile
Good mornig ladies! Marsha, Sherry, Brenda, hope the day is a good one. This humidity is kicking my behind!! Bones dont do so well in the extremes, heat or cold. Yuk!! Today is not one of my better days so I will probably rest more. Each of you take care and try to stay cool. Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  07:55:31 AM  Show Profile
what a busy diversified group of woman we are.i have been soooo busy i just thrive off demand. i am a self starter. i am always looking for new adventures. papa seems to enjoy what i come up with.lol we still do not know if we have to move out of here. still waiting. we did have to ask for our first extension on unemployment. we were shocked to find out there was 4 weeks of maximum benefits left that they found. what that will do is allow us to draw our money off the higher amount. so the extensions will be 80 percent of max. it could be the deciding factor on the house. it shows we could afford a payment easier. he has worked on and off. well i could move tomorrow if we find land. land lots a land across the sunny skies. it would be an extremely painful thing to do physically. both of us tend to want to take the easy way out. stay and pay. property prices here are still going down.well marsha hows your shoulder? i am so glad your cancer tests came back good. when i had my tests done my anemia is back a little. since it is not a diet thing for me but a dna one i have challenges.

Brenda hows hubby these days. its been a few days since i have been on? so sorry about his job. tough times they are. hows mom doing? i know how that is too. we cared for my mom for 7 years or so.

Linda hows your leg holding up. yipee for good food and loving family. i had the hrands on the weekend whew

Heres to hoping you have fine days. happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  08:56:27 AM  Show Profile
Good Day Sherry, Linda and Brenda,

Boy, after I get these last swaps done, I'm only going to take on one at a time in the future. I should have known better, but when I see so many that I'd enjoy I just dive right in.

I went to p.t. yesterday and just having the eval. nearly did me in. But, the exercises I do at home seem to be targeted to stretch out all the shoulder and chest muscles and neck so I'm hopefull. I don't know what they will do inhouse. I go next Wed.

I hope everyone is holding their own today. This heat is terrible along with the high humidity it is unbearable. My DH bought me a beautiful yellow/orange rose bush yesterday. It is in a pot on my picnic table so I can see it out the window when I am sitting in my very comfy sofa recliner.

Brenda, all your comments on the blog were so much like how I feel. We do think alike in so many things. I think most of us on the MJF forum are so like minded. That's why we get along so well.
I'm going to post a pic. of my scrapbook when I get a few pages done.
Have a great day everyone.

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
www.watkinsonline.com/rjaramillo
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  09:46:46 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Ladies! Hope all is going ok!! Yes, it is really hot here too. Humidity is not so fun. I pretty much am indoors all day! Marsha, I know what you mean about the swaps. Love them, but I slowed way down myself. Sherry, I hope things work out. It is not easy at all to move to something new. But somehow the Lord guides us and gets us thru! Brenda, we will hang in there with the Lord's help with our moms, Lol!! Have a good day ladies, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  4:12:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi Marsha, Linda and Sherry, Well I hope the day has gone well for everyone. It's just too hot to be out doing anything. I've spent the day mending for my DIL. There may not be alot I can do for the kids but they know where to come when they need some sewing done. Makes me feel good. Girls I just want to share with you what Linda and I do alot of the time. We get on the phone and chit chat until time just pass' by. And LAUGH until we can't breath. Last night we were laughing so hard that we couldn't hardly say goodbye. We probably would have still been talking and laughing if her DD hadn't come in and told us to get off the phone we should be in bed. hahahaha And, we were good girls and hung up. Her DD is a pretty senseable young lady so thought we better take her advice. But was still laughing afterwards. Just wanted to share that laughter "is" the best medicine, It can change the whole day for me. I believe that one of the greatest blessings that the Lord has given us is "each other" right here on this site. I love ya girls and your in my prayers aways. Have a good evening.

Hugs, Blessings, Brenda

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  4:37:34 PM  Show Profile
Soooo true Brenda! My daughter is still laughing at how silly we can get. But she gets right in there with the silly, lol!! I hope each of you are doing well and the day has been a good one for you all. Chat tomorrow. Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  07:30:50 AM  Show Profile
good morning farm girls, i sure hope all are doing good today. i know heat can be a real challenge. we have an irrigation ditch in our yard. the dogs and i use it often to cool off. itty bitty uses the pond about 5 times a day. he hates to come in ever. jewel farm girl sister came over yesterday. it was so fun. she even scooped poop out of the stalls with me. i think i scared her. i turned beet red and was sweating profusely. hot flash in almost 100 degree heat will do that to you.lol she is the nicest farm girl. we went and saw isabel.
Patti ann was here with her daughter. they came from portland. we walked around and saw the livestock. her daughter selina wants a bull after meeting jasper. these are girls i would not know without MJ. thanksMJ
I am hoping you are all doing ok? i am wondering if marsha you are ok with the therapy? i was thinking of linda when i was scooping poop. not having good balance must be such a challenge for you. is it better now that you have some time and practice? i am so glad you and brenda have such fun together. i wish you could meet each other in person. lisa and i are close and talk often each day. lots of good laughs and some one to be there when i need a farm girl hug.
Today i need to go slow. i hope the calf comes tomorrow. i am still a little sick though i hate to ever admit it. i am so sick of sugar i could spit. no appetite at all these days. i can rest today all day if no calf. papa said he would finish the stalls for me. we are doing DE and shavings for new baby goats and cows coming soon. hoping all is well for you farm girls hoping to here from you all so i know your ok. i know summer is busy. there have been a few days with no posts from any of us. i thought we had a few new girls too. where are ya?? happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  09:08:56 AM  Show Profile
Good Afternoon Sherrie, Brenda and Linda! I've been trying to catch up on all my farmgirl swaps and mail. I've been getting pressure emails and can't take that so, that's why I've not been able to get on until today. I finally got most of it caught up. The post cards and photo's go out this week. Done deal! wiping forehead! lol
I am like a child that puts to much on their plate and thinks it all looks so good they'll eat it all and guess what? Doesn't happen.

I'll be addressing them all today and will start back on my blog posts tomorrow. And, tomorrow is the next p.t. day. The exercises are making the shoulder hurt but I know it has to be done. I've lost 2 pounds, but not going to panic just going to get stricter with my eating more raw foods and see if that helps.
I am going to try a new enzyme for digesting protein and see if that helps too.
I've got a great tip to post tomorrow that I got in the mail from Lavonna. I use Nature's Sunshine products and they send newsletters out and this one was full of good stuff for us to benefit from.
Hope you all have a great day!
Hugs and Kisses!

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  4:19:24 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ladies! Had the grandkids all weekend, so it got a little hectic! Lol! Then I was finishing up my trivet swap of yours Marsha. I hope my partner likes them! I got all unsure and Brenda gave me a pep talk! Thanks Brenda! But doing them was fun. I want to make more, what a great idea they were Marsha! Sherry, the balance thing is tough. I step very carefully!! Well, it has cooled a bit here, thanks to a couple days of rain. I am so looking forward to fall! Hopefully Brenda and I will be meeting up soon! Take care everyone! Linda
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  4:28:44 PM  Show Profile
Marsha I'm looking forward to your great tip tomorrow. You always come up with such great ideas. I know what you mean about taking on too many swaps. I did that also and I finally got them all finished and sent. As much as I love it, I decided to bail out for awhile. Too much going on here at home. I pray pt goes well for you girlfriend.

Sherry its just wonderful when DH can see that you need your rest and takes care of things. Sounds like you have a special one there. Please be careful out in that heat, the humidity has just been terrible. I was so glad to hear you met up with some of the farmgirls. That just has to be so fun. I do hope someday we will all be able to get together.

Linda thank you so much for being there for me today. It was just a bummer and I couldn't really put a finger on what it really was. But we did end our call in giggles so it was good. Praise the Lord we have this place to be there for each other.

Tom went into work today and they had to shut Casey's down. The south end of Pleasant Hill had a gas leak and all the stations on that end was shut down. As he was getting there two fire trucks pulled up and closed the entrances to Casey's. They said the leak was coming from there and going into the sewer system. There were 5-6 police cars and it was right at the time the kids were getting out of school. Crazy!!! At least they found it. So they sent everyone home. So we'll wait until tomorrow to see if he goes in or not. Well praying that everyone is doing well and having a good evening. I am, my hunny will be here.

Hugs and Blessings, Brenda

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  11:42:43 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon, ladies!! Hope everyone is doing ok today!? Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  3:01:07 PM  Show Profile
Hey my farmgirl friends. You are such a blessing to talk to and are so encouraging.
I've been so busy getting rid of left over garage sale stuff and just stuff we've had for years through that freecycle site. You guys if you don't have things you can barter with here, I'd highly recommend this.
You just box it up and set it out and the person you picked comes and gets it when you say. I've been putting tips on my barter blog about freebie sites. I'll have to see if I posted this already or not.
Google freecycle and your town. Then follow the directions usually to a yahoo group and join and start getting rid of your stuff. Then, the nice thing is that after you've posted the offers your allowed one wanted post a week and you can ask for things you're needing. And, you get them for free!!!

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2010 :  12:22:54 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon ladies! Hope everyone is doind ok. Marsha, will check that out. What a great idea! Going to your blog now for the stress postings! Blessings, linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2010 :  1:47:41 PM  Show Profile
I have some good news to share with you ladies. I've been trying to get our co-op known and more sales by looking into free advertising.
Well, one of those was for radio and advertising our contest starting next month.
The station called me on Wed. but wouldn't you know it I was too sick that day from lack of sleep for 3 nights. So, I just played my messages today and called him back and left a message.
I'm so excited I hope he will like what I do and give us some air time.

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2010 :  9:03:06 PM  Show Profile
thats great marsha. i helped open a co-op back in the 70s. it was a fun place to work with good goals and food.happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2010 :  2:29:51 PM  Show Profile
Hope it has been a good weekend! Went to church this am. I really am loving the church we found. Then out for coffee and lunch. I am pretty tired, but a lovely day. But yikes this hot, humidity!!Lol! Blessings, linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

KanMogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katherine
Rock Kansas
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2010 :  4:55:49 PM  Show Profile
Linda, I really meant to get with you this summer. The summer went to0 fast and I am back to work now. We can try for a Sunday or Saturday.

I would rather wear out than rust out.----Richard Cumberland
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2010 :  5:09:03 PM  Show Profile
Kathy, that sounds great! We will get together one of these times! This whole year is going by fast! Still working at a get together at Pendletons. You are going to be out here for Ren fair right? Maybe we can catch up there? Have a good day everyone! Blessings, linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  06:57:29 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Ladies!
I hope everyone is feeling well today. We are have rain which brings humidity but has taken away the unbearable heat. Feels like your walkin into a steam room when you go outside.
It's making my sinus' stuffy and now my ears are stuffy too.lol
I'm having so much fun with the blog and my newly found free auction site.
I also joined a team on etsy and think it is going to help bring in some more customers. But, I'm really excited about possibly being on the radio to advertise my Sunshine Farmgirl Co-op's give-a-way contest. Which, starts Sept. 1st.
It's to bring in lots of traffic to our sites and hopefully some sales along with it.
They called me and I talked to them yesterday and now am just waiting for a packet to arrive in the mail. I hope it will be in time for the contest.

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  07:17:13 AM  Show Profile
Marsha, that is great!! My daughter and I hope to open an etsy account one of these days, years etc, lol!! Want to and getting the courage to step out there are 2 different things! Have a blessed AM everyone! Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Chronic health problems/injuries Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page