Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Chronic health problems/injuries
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Chronic health problems/injuries Next Topic
Page: of 21

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  05:25:27 AM  Show Profile
Linda you and your family are in my prayers. I know that having 2 families living so far from you and the ones in you state has got to be worrysome. The Lord is with you and hears your prayers. Sherry prayers with you and DH that things will work out with the house situation. It's hard not to know exactly where you will be. I pray for your DH, I see what it does to a man when they are so unsure as to how they will provide for their family. I just keep reminding Tom, Prayer! Marsha, I so sorry to hear about all the problems you have been having lately with your body. Prayers are with you. Praying that today will be a better one for all.

Hugs, Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  07:32:40 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Ladies!! WOW, has it been hot! Yikes! Well, Had my brace on for a couple hours this AM. Little by little!!How is everyone doing? I hope things are going fairly well for everybody. Keep in touch, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  07:15:14 AM  Show Profile
howdy farm girls, well another great warm day in central oregon. hoping every one is having a good day. we are still waiting to hear from wells on the house. we shall see. papa is home from wa. so now we see if there is more work. brenda hoping your DH had a good interview. i am sure stoved up and so sore from my sprung rib cage. went to dr. on fri. it hurts way more than i thought it would. so limiting on what i can do. i hate this. it is enough to be a sickie but these little added owies suck. dr. said i sprung my rib cage and it will take a few months. darn. well any hoot. hope all are having fine farm days happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  07:28:39 AM  Show Profile
Sherry you take care girlfriend! Don't overdo. It will take time, maybe a good time for handwork!! DH had his interview on Monday and he thought it went well. But there were 3 others waiting in the hall for their turn. So we will just continue to pray and see what comes. Home today is a good one for all.

Hugs,Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  12:40:56 PM  Show Profile
Good day! Sherrye, the rib thing takes rest to heal. Like Brenda said, maybe time for quiet crafting?!!Just take care of yourself!! Praying for both your husbands and work and the unemployment extension. Watching cspan and can I scream?? It is amazing to me how one side can holler to have this extension 'paid for' yet by their own mouths do not care how or if their pet proposals for the wealthiest are paid for. Again we have 'wall street vs main street'. Its getting really old. Sorry for my soap box!! Ladies, take care ok?

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  2:44:55 PM  Show Profile
I hope everyone is doing well this evening! I woke up with another strange episode of pain that lasted for two hours and then left. Go to the doc. next week so I'll see what this is all about.lol
Sherrie I fractured a rib years ago from a upper respitory and sinus infection. I would get sick every morning for a month and couch that would not stop, entered broken rib.
They put a tight band around me and I wore it for a month maybe a little longer. It healed stronger than before I broke it.
Brenda I hope you DH gets that job.
Thank you for all the cards of well wishes from all my dear farmgirl friends. They have really perked me up.
I've been keeping busy making journals for my farmgirls and I am so happy to do this. It makes me happy creating for others delight.
The golden book journals are so cute. I'm working on a moleskin one with my own cover idea for another dear farmgirl.
I posted stress reducing tips on my blog. I just want to encourage and give back to others in these stressful times we all face. Go check it out.
Hugs to you all!

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
www.watkinsonline.com/rjaramillo
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  5:02:49 PM  Show Profile
howdy there girls, thought i would check in on you all. wondering if brendas husband got the job? wondering if her state was given an obama extension? oregon was given an extension according to papa. i hope he is right. he said he saw it in the paper. wondering what you think brenda? linda is the brace working out for you. i remember you said it hurts at first. so how are you? marjean what did doctor say? hoping you feel better. annab how are you. you were pretty sick last time i saw you post? i would have to say the heat is definitely a factor for me. i went and saw blood doctor today. he manages my hemoglobin and my porphyria and pain. so it went well. i can actually clear my throat today. chest pain from sprung ribs is way better. almost a month ago now. i still cannot cough or heaven help me sneeze.lol i hope all those that are hurting and sick are feeling good today. i know there are many more farm girls than i mentioned on here that are sick. it takes awhile to learn all the names. i know sick and am sending out a happy howdy. keep hanging on and look forward to your posts on here. marjean i need to check out your journals. i need a animal cow livestock calendar journal.happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  08:32:36 AM  Show Profile
Well, this is day 5 on my reducing stress journey. I love it! This was the perfect thing for me to do to get my mind off all my health issues. When you're already fighting a chronic disease and then something even worse gets ya, well you kinda go out on a limb. So, to get myself back grounded and stop all the negative thoughts I needed support and this is doing the trick.
Thank you one and all for helping me keep myself positive and supporting me on this journey.

Oh! Sherry I'd love to make one for you. Check out the ones I have on my etsy. I just finished the moleskin for Peggy and I made a crochet cover and added beads and a little applique tea pot, then I put ribbons down the spine. I try to do a unique design each time. I'll email you with questions.

Brenda let us know about the job for your DH. One of my friends DH just got a job and he starts on Aug. 9th with one of the hospitals in the area. If you know someone that works there that helps a lot.

Sherry, glad your doctor visit went well. I laughed when you said heaven help you if you sneeze. I was trying to think if that happened to me when I had the broke rib. LOL

Linda hope your doing better too with you brace.

I go to the ortho. doctor tomorrow for the car accident I was in Dec.'08. Then Monday I go back to my homeopathic doctor and we'll see if the cancer is doing better and what the rest of me is doing.lol
I still can't gain weight, but I'm not loosing so that is good news.

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150

Edited by - marjean on Jul 27 2010 08:34:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  1:03:05 PM  Show Profile
Marsha, I've been doing each day along with you but have not been able to post yet. Will try again. I do love doing the stress reducing journey!! So glad to hear that you are holding your weight at the same point. Keep it up girlfriend. Let us know how the next Mondays appt. goes.

Sherry, I do hope your doing better today. Broken ribs are very painful, I've been told. I am so happy that the extensions have been extended. I know it's a great relief for everyone. Tom talked to the administator yesterday and they hired someone else. Was a downer for him, but I'm getting him busy today painting our bedroom.

Linda, we talk everyday and have a good time, but we haven't stopped laughing long enough to talk about how the brace is doing! So please let us know. I do hope that it gets to where you feel more confident with it.

Well I must go now but pray that all are doing well.
Hugs, Brenda

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  4:09:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies! Praying for everyone! Hope all of you are having good days! The brace does help some, will be better when the custom shoes with it are ordered and arrive. I has been hot hasnt it. Wow, some crazy seasons we have had this year. Everybody take care!!

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  6:37:38 PM  Show Profile
marsha i was wondering are you still going to chemo? when i was not making blood and had a hemoglobin of 4 they thought i would die for sure. proved them wrong 4 times actually. when i had to go to the infusion room we would all visit. i really enjoyed all the friends i made. since my body was rejecting the iron infusion i would go into anaphylactic seizures. so a regular person could do what took me 6 hours in 20 minutes. so in the beginning it was like a job. i was there almost every day for yrs. then slowly it got better. after 9 years i go no longer. just had my labs yesterday. a little anemic but for me they keep me anemic some. the pathway dna genes are broke.ght food. you keep eating girl friend. i am hoping today was a fine one for you. i know the fight is long and hard for us that are sick. we can do this and rise above the pain and smile at the wonders our God has made for us. BRENDA can your husband go and apply for the unemployment extension. even if it had run out? i am so concerned for you. let us know what is going on. i am so glad you and linda have big laughs. thats how it is with lisa and i. we have only known each other for a year. i feel so blessed to have her as a friend. well heres to broken chests and chasing cows. i hope kris got roxie home today. papa and i have a saying here. any day above ground is a good day. yessiree and yup happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  7:02:27 PM  Show Profile
Sherry Tom will be getting the extension for unemployment. He talked to them yesterday and they said checks will be sent out in about 3 weeks. Thank the Lord, He is Good!!
I know what you mean about a special friendship. Linda and I just hit it off from the beginning. It now feels like we have known each other all our lives. We have shared the good and the bad. Have never met face to face but were trying to work out something where we can. I do so much wish that we all could do that. But remember you are all in my thoughts and prayers girlfriends. I feel the Lord has brought a group of very special ladies to this site. Everyone have a wonderful nite sleep and arise well rested to see what the Lord has planned for us.

Hugs to all! Brenda

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  9:05:17 PM  Show Profile
brenda that is so great. so now you know for now your in your home. we should know soon with wells. we shall see. papa has one week left of regular unemployment. then his first extension. so not much money. used to be maximum. now its 293. he qualified for a new claim a while back. we could do a payment like they ask for last june. they had given us a temporary modification. we will see. what ever it is is what it is. its tough for even those working these days. costs are up so high. we are bringing the 5th wheel i bought.we got it from lisa. so we will bring it here and clean and set it up. so if we have to go it will be ready. i will have a place for my head that is safe for me. i have carbon air filters to clean the toxic stuff out. we are in foreclosure now. so it could be a 30 day notice instead of a loan modification. we have had so many wonderful friends offer to help us. people are so good. any way happy days here sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  05:48:56 AM  Show Profile
Sherry you and DH are in my prayers always. The worse part is just not knowing what is coming around the next corner. Tom and I have just given in over to the Lord as I know you have also. As you said what it is, is what it is. So glad you have the 5th wheel that can ease your mind and heart that you do have a place to live. Who knows what the Lord has planned for you! It could be coming quit exciting and a pleasant change. But if your anything like me a don't really like change but have learned to go with the flow. Take care of yourself, you are a lovely lady and very special to all of us. Pray this is a good day for all of us farmgirls and sisters.

Hugs, Brenda

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  11:05:50 AM  Show Profile
Good AM ladies! Each one of us is definately going thru some trying times, that is for sure. But the Lord does keep holding us up and taking us thru and we have one another to keep lifting each of us in prayer! I hope each of you have a beautiful, peaceful day. blessings, linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  1:05:04 PM  Show Profile
yes you are so right girls, if i had to think i was doing this with out my God i could not. i know he will care and love me. there is true peace in that. this old world is getting so broken by man kind. He will bring to ruin those ruining the earth. we are so broken as a human race not just the earth. so many new ailments. yes it is a fine day today. i am up and doing yipee. so fair tomorrow to see pigs. need to learn all we can about our new breeder sows. so corn on the cob and fried bread and cotton candy day tomorrow. happy days sherry

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  1:31:48 PM  Show Profile
I hope everyone is doing well today. I went to the Orthopedic dr. and found out my rotator cuff left side is the problem and is pinching a nerve when I move my arm and lots of inflammation. Four weeks of physical therapy and back to him to see his prognosis.
Then, next Wed. not Monday I go to the homeopathic doc. I tore the rotator cuff 20 years ago and it has never healed right. Then apparently the car accident just stirred it up again.
Keep smiling. Enjoying the journey for reducing stress. Great idea, if I do say so! Your support means a lot and is so encouraging.

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2010 :  07:08:02 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies! Marjean, I am doing the stress journey from your blog as well. I have not been able to figure out how to comment on it tho. Soo, will post thoughts here? I had a very nice day yesterday. Went to church then coffee with my daughter at Borders where she works, and then dinner at TGI Fridays. Was just a nice and relaxing day! So far I am really enjoying thie church we found. And their bookstore has a large 'library' area, so I am really happy to begin checking out books there!! It is going to be a HOT one out here today. You ladies take care and stay cool. Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2010 :  08:13:23 AM  Show Profile
Good morning? How is everyone doing today? Been thinking and praying about you ladies. Hope everyone is staying cool!! Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2010 :  09:01:45 AM  Show Profile
Some of the girls are having the same problem, so they post as annoumous and it goes through.

quote:
Originally posted by prayin granny

Good morning ladies! Marjean, I am doing the stress journey from your blog as well. I have not been able to figure out how to comment on it tho. Soo, will post thoughts here? I had a very nice day yesterday. Went to church then coffee with my daughter at Borders where she works, and then dinner at TGI Fridays. Was just a nice and relaxing day! So far I am really enjoying thie church we found. And their bookstore has a large 'library' area, so I am really happy to begin checking out books there!! It is going to be a HOT one out here today. You ladies take care and stay cool. Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2010 :  09:10:51 AM  Show Profile
Going to my doc. appt. at 2 p.m. So, we'll see how the old cancer is doing. I'll let you know later today if we are still alive.lol Whenever, my doctor calls me back to her office and she opens the door, she says "It's alive"! And we all laugh. She loves her work and she is a great person. The Lyme is here to stay, but if we can get rid of the other beasts we have a fighting chance.

Sherry, I just went Sunday to our convention. It was all about staying close to God and that he is soon to destroy all the wicked. We had a Bible drama about Jesus warning his followers to flee Jerusalem when the Roman army came and then left. It was so cool to see how important it is to pay attention to Jesus warning at Matt. chapter 24.

I hope everyone is doing well today. I thank God everyday to be alive and to know the truth and hope to live to see his great day!

Brenda and Linda hope your day is going well. Thanks for keeping me company on this journey of reducing stress. Sunday wore me out, but today I am feeling more strength coming back so that is a good thing.

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2010 :  07:33:32 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone! Marjean, I was able to post on your blog! Hooray! Brenda had told me to try the annyomous too and it worked. I hope all are doing fairly ok today. I don't think the weather helps too much. Wow, it has been a pretty harsh season all around this year! Everyone have a blessed day. Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2010 :  12:18:39 PM  Show Profile
Just hoping everyone is doing well today. I'll be so glad when the heat lets up and I can replant my garden. A summer garden is just not going to work here in this soil and heat. So, I'm planning a fall and spring garden.

The doc. appt. went well. The cancer score is came up a little so she said that is a good sign. If it goes down then it is taking over. She also said that since I'm not loosing weight but holding my own that is also good. One of my dear farmgirls sent me a book on cancer and I've found a lot of good advise for diet. So, I'm sticking to what it said to avoid that feeds the cancer, like dairy. I just am using water in things like my pancakes instead of milk. I also use almond milk or rice milk.
So things are looking up. My electrolytes were low so she gave me a remedy for that and something to improve circulation to help with the edema. The e-rays messed up my dna so she had to respin my genetic remedy to unlock the chain. She is really an amazing doctor. I told her so too and how much I appreciate her helping me through all this stuff.
I found a great line of organic cloths for women. If you like buying organic clothing then check it out under maket place thread.
Have a great day!!!

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2010 :  4:38:07 PM  Show Profile
Marsha what a blessing to get on here and heard that you appt. went well. Prayers are with you sister.

I'd like to ask for prayers for my mother, she's 86 and we had to take her to the hospital today. Lots of dizzyness and jaw pain and trouble breathing. She has heart problems and I just told them she's not coming home until we know whats going on. Blood count down a little 9.2 not as low as it usually does when she needs blood at 6.00. So they have kept her over night to see what they can do. Thank you girls for being here for me.

Hugs, Brenda

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2010 :  10:36:02 AM  Show Profile
Prayin!!! Keep us posted Brenda! Marsha and Sherry hope you both are doing ok. Haven't heard from you for a bit, Sherry, sure hope things are ok. Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Chronic health problems/injuries Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page