Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Chronic health problems/injuries
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Chronic health problems/injuries Next Topic
Page: of 21

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2010 :  11:10:08 AM  Show Profile
Happy 4th of July weekend ladies!

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2010 :  6:08:00 PM  Show Profile
How is everyone doing? It has been crazy storms and rain ou in this area!!

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2010 :  07:55:38 AM  Show Profile
howdy girls, wondering how everyone is also. i am fair today. big days very tired and that always makes for more owies. i so sometimes marvel at the ease of those who have no chronic issues. they move through the day with such fluidity. i watched papa and i asked him once...so you can go through a day and sit here now and not be conscious of your body and being in it? YES wow even on a great good day i still am aware i am dragging this body along with me. i would think linda you are always aware since it is your ability to get around that is also compromised. hows the brace doing. we are now officially in summer. so now i know what you girls east and south are dealing with. today is to be 95. gotta go do chores. anyway ouch for me. i am going to go slow and easy today. how about you gals how are you doing? what do you do to cope with pain and health issues? how do you accommodate gardens and farm life or city life for that matter. i must say i love my handicap sign for parking. BIG HELP happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2010 :  08:13:14 AM  Show Profile
Sherrye, loved your post. Good to hear from you. This is a busy time for those on farms isn't it?? The heat already in ares seem pretty intense. Sherrye, I hope your day goes well. The rains and humidity seem to make the 'ol' bones ache more, ha ha. Hot bath soaking helps some and rest and foot elevation. The tougher days? Honestly, the forums on MJF have been more of a blessing than I can say!! The farmgirls are just great. To share with so many ladies on so many topics and walks of life is truly a joy and blessing. As for the brace? Will know more once the custom shoes arrive as well, another 6-8 weeks. In the meantime I use the brace around home to get used to and to help with stability. Think it will be a good thing tho!! My little container gardens are coming along. Having them high helps to water, etc with more ease! Snipped some chives for macaroni salad over the 4th! Hope you ladies have a great, easy day?! Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2010 :  12:42:33 PM  Show Profile
I've been trying to keep up with my sewing and online training that I'm doing. That takes a lot out of me. I can sit for so long and then have to get up and move. Oh the achey joints. But, then it gets better.
I sure like talking to you ladies on here too! When my DD is at work I try to keep up with laundry and stuff to help out. The couch looked like a mountain yesterday. My DH said were can I sit.LOL Today, my dd is home so she started folding it all. I wish I could of had more children, just didn't work out that way.
My last Dr. visit revealed my immune system is fighting cancer cells in my small intestine. Thankfully, we caught it early and I'm taking strong homeopathic herbal medicine to kill it. My Lyme is active and that is causing all kinds of issues.
I've been watching movies that make me laugh cause keeping a positive attitude is what works to get me back feeling better in no time. My next visit is in Aug. I'll let you know how it goes.
I got a great lead for my Watkins business from my doctor. It is a massage therapist office near me and she called me today and I'm sending her catalogs. Yeah! And, I've had two farmgirls request catalogs from my website. That really makes me happy. Being productive means a lot to me now more than ever before.
Take care my special farmgirls. I'm having Robin make me a butterfly with her felted work. I hope she can do it. She's one of the shops I picked this month for Support-a-farmgirl shopping. I love butterflies and collect them, real and on neat stuff. Mostly useful things though. This one will just be to cheer me up!

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
www.watkinsonline.com/rjaramillo
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2010 :  2:33:22 PM  Show Profile
Marjean, good to hear how you are. We will be praying about your health issues. I think most have us here need to do a little, then rest. That is ok!!Boy are we trying to learn patience!! Lol!!

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2010 :  06:55:11 AM  Show Profile
its way too early for me to be up. maddie had her calf about 2 hours ago. yipee soooo very happy both heifer calf and mom look good. no nursing yet but its early. i am sick today and needed bed time. not a chance now gotta go give bo-se shot to calf while mom is still calm from labor.i knew it was coming. i felt depressed yesterday and achey. now i am full blown sick. throwing up bad at other end weak shakey belly ache headache all muscles and joints are hot. this sucks. i got into new paint at a home about 4 days ago. this is a metabolic reaction in the liver to the chemicals. i am all puffy and just totally a sick farm girl. well heres hoping the other 2 cows wait for me to feel better. the heat is a real issue too. 100 is predicted for today. still learning as i go at the happy farm sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2010 :  07:16:20 AM  Show Profile
Oh Sherrye, so sorry! We are here and praying for you! I hope your day gets better and the sickness leaves! Hope mamma and her calf do well too! Check back and let us know! Blessings, linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2010 :  7:52:44 PM  Show Profile
well all is well here. as the day wore on i was able to feel better. so i did tax stuff and watch a movie. then lisa brought our crazy goats so we could wean the babies. that was fun. now hot bath bed and another movie. i love air conditioning. it was 102 today. tonight more dry lightening so watching for fires. we have the air field for the water planes. they drop huge amounts of water when we have forest fires. i hope we dont have any yet. the smoke is a problem for me. i know i will be better tomorrow. lots of sweets and some rest and i will be up again. wondering how brenda is doing lately? also marsha and annika and all us sickies out there. i hope you had a fine day even if it was a challenge. i figure when i have days that morphine does not help that it makes the days i do not need it more better. so to speak happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  08:01:17 AM  Show Profile
thought i would pop in and see how all you are? hoping since not too many posts lately maybe all is well. i have been doing loan modification papers again. hoping they may give us a break. brenda have you heard anything for you on unemployment benefits? its a strange world out there for sure. obama stopped the cobra ins. help. so that will be over for us. the pymt is 865.00 with his help it was 227.50 we could do that. NOONE on unemployment could afford $865.00 a month. so we are still in a state of flux. today i finish taxes and house papers. then rest. heres hoping ALL you gals are having a fine day. we sure are HOT here in the desert. happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  09:36:51 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone! Sherrye, I am glad that bad day got better! Hang in there with the house paperwork and be careful! Quite frustrating the financial games that seem to be going on all over 'wall street vs main street'. Sherrye, don't quote me?? LOL! But I am pretty sure the Cobra thing is not Obama's fault? Think it is tied into the unemployment ext bill that Congress didn't pass. The Senators phone numbers are online. Encourage everyone to make your voice heard. Many unemployed main street are affected as you and Brenda have shared. I have other family and friends affected as well. I am sure there are more farmgirls as well!! Well, it is suppose to storm here today. I know Brenda got storms pretty bad yesterday. Hope all of you are doing well and keep in touch! Blessings each day, Linda

Country at Heart

Edited by - prayin granny on Jul 12 2010 09:38:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

KanMogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katherine
Rock Kansas
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  10:46:10 AM  Show Profile
I Hope all is well with everyone. It does look like it could storm anytime here in central Kansas.

I would rather wear out than rust out.----Richard Cumberland
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  11:17:43 AM  Show Profile
It sure does Kathy! Think we may be in for a good one!!

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  4:25:37 PM  Show Profile
thanks linda, hoping brenda is doing good? i finished the paperwork WOW 48 pages all about our life. the only thing they do not now is when i go to bed.lol 3 years of taxes and income and expenses. i think our debt to income is still too off. so now we are in official foreclosure. so now we see whats next. today they are supposed to put a stay on the foreclosure till we are evaluated. then we are going to go see a bk lawyer. he can hold it stopped for awhile while we try to figure it out. i think in the end we will be moving. not to be negative but there is no work coming up when this job for facebook is over. so 3 weeks or so. still no idea where we will go but where ever it is it will be good. i am a survivor for sure and no one can take my power unless i give it to them. i am an not going to do that. so you can remind me when i am crying. LOL happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  7:47:21 PM  Show Profile
I also pray everyone is doing well. Thank you Sherry for asking about me. I'm doing well, have had some pain back the last 2 days with my back and legs, But GD and I pulled weeds Thurs. and I believe I may have overdone. With the unemployment extensions not available and Tom has still not found any work we have been busy trying to get food stamps and help with rent. We found out today that we can get food stamps. what a blessing. We have never been in this situation and it is really hard to ask for help. But do what you have to do. I do hope that things for you sherry can be resolved. But I have faith that if you must move that you will make wherever you go a home! Take care girlfriends, and I'm praying for healthier days ahead for all.

Hugs, Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  05:35:47 AM  Show Profile
Good AM ladies! Well, the weather held in my area anyway. It was cloudy and dark at times, but no rain! Getting ready for the morning cup of coffee! I hope everyone has a good day! Blessings, linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  05:41:12 AM  Show Profile
Hey, does anyone watch 'The last American Cowboy' on animal planet? Great show, love it! Many of you live the life, but for us wannabe farm and ranchgirls, its a good show! Take care!

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  07:47:47 AM  Show Profile
i only have netflix so i do not see it. probably would be fun to watch. is it realistic? happy days sherrrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  08:48:33 AM  Show Profile
Howdy all! Sunday was a nightmare day for me. My thyroid remedy is too much for me and I woke up with a headache and pressure which I rarely have. And, then the pain started in the intestines and went to my chest and lasted for several hours. My DH was nervous but I told him don't panic let's just keep a positive attitude and say it's gas pain. LOL
I sat on the couch and didn't move the rest of the day, only for the really important things. Well, finally my DD figured out it was the thyroid med. and so yesterday morn I didn't take it and my head and body pain is gone.
My docotr said I did the right thing and that the intestinal pain is from the cancer medicine getting rid of the cancer so I'm happy knowing it is a good pain.
So, I'm hoping next month my test will look better and I will start gaining weight again. I'm down to 109.
I'm working on my altered books and that is such a joy to me it is keeping my spirits up.
My DD is going to the beach and will be back late Friday night. I'll be lonely without her. Waaaa!!
We've been getting lots of rain last two days. Good for the garden.

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
www.watkinsonline.com/rjaramillo
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  7:37:46 PM  Show Profile
wow marsha no fun at all for you. glad you know how to think for your self. stop the remedy and there ya go. sure hope the good pain med gets the cancer for you. hoping you sleep good tonight sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  8:56:52 PM  Show Profile
Marsha, hope you are doing better!! My daughter alters books and they are amazing! Have a good nite everyone! Sherrye, know your mind is on a lot, try to rest well! Blessings, linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2010 :  8:04:08 PM  Show Profile
hi girls, heres hoping you are all having a good day. i have been rendering fat from our beef. plus being gone some. sooo tired tonight. i picked up a 5 month girl goatie and lifted her over a fence. ouch. i sprung my ribs right between my boobs. gads even considered the doc. cant cough or move certain ways. this is very inconvenient. so i helped the vet jake again with donkey ears and one leg with sarcoma tumors. he injects them with chemical to kill the cells. he has to come one more time for them. this is a friend who i help with her livestock and gardens. happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2010 :  8:42:58 PM  Show Profile
Girls I do hope that all is feeling better. It just seems that something crops up just as were getting another healing. Have been swimming at DD and it feels good while I'm in there. Not alot of change once I get out. I may need to become a prune. DH had an interview today and then one next Monday with the administrator. This is the closest he's gotten in 7 months. Praying if this is where the Lord wants him, his will be done. We go to the VA tomorrow for him to get a dr. there. Will cut out copays at least. Well praying for better days ahead for all.

Hugs, Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2010 :  9:23:20 PM  Show Profile
hi brenda i will say an extra prayer for you. tough times for all. hoping the interview goes well for him. its hard on these old guys to go find a new job. i know papa just wants it to be like it was. well thats not going to happen. i told him he was going to come home one day and there will be a note that says papa we moved we live on the rock now come home. he lives in such denial that we will have to leave here. not me i am out looking at property and wheelin dealin happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  04:52:08 AM  Show Profile
Ladies, can I ask you for some farmgirl prayers and good thoughts? Just a lot of tough family issues right now! Gives stress that we all know doesn't help with anything! Hope you ladies have a good day! Will check in later! Cup of tea is calling me! Blessings, linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Chronic health problems/injuries Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page