Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Chronic health problems/injuries
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Chronic health problems/injuries Next Topic
Page: of 21

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  07:47:18 AM  Show Profile
good morning girls, well i am up and going. that is good. we had butchered a cow a couple days ago. the neighbor had sprayed round up. he then irrigated. warm day it was thick in the air. oh my. ouch had to stay with the kill truck. had to see it done, new folks doing it. so i have been sore achy and tingling. shakey is the part that is hard. typing and doing anything intricate. will be better in a few days of carbs and sugar. one thing about my metabolic disorder is sugar is the treatment for attacks here or hospital. i do eat sweets. its a good day. sun is out, sky is blue, my heart is full.
Well what a fine thing. we have flicker woodpeckers raising babies in a hole in a tree. now this tree is only about 15 feet from my patio doors.the tree is about 1500 years old. a juniper of amazing size. i can sit and have coffee and watch her feed them. they are big enough to hang out the hole now. i raised 4 boys and all their friends. i would say these are boy babies. they push shove and fight inside there. gads when mom is coming they are like a cartoon. biggest pokes the others heads with his beak till they give up and get out of the way. he hollers like crazy waiting for mom now. i so hope the magpies do not find his noisy self. my sisters husband is coming today i hope to take photos. when she fly's in you can see her white under tail feathers and her orange wings. she is very beautiful. how great and wondrous are our Gods works. happy days sherrye
How are you all doing? hoping things are good. wondering about work for your hubby, brenda ? did he find anything? did the unemployment stop? hoping all is good.
Susie hows your body today after a few more days of rest? heres hoping its better. i get very impatient to heal.
Annika, you sound a lot like me girl. do you crave sweets and carbs? has it always been this way? are other sisters or anyone in your family sick also? just a thought. i was first diagnosed as chronic fatigue, then they said i was depressed. NO I WAS NOT DEPRESSED bummed i was sick but not depressed. tried chinese med and the list went on. now its figured out for me. if i am careful i do pretty good. i am hoping you will get yours figured out. those symptoms can be connected to a few different disorders. it does become difficult to figure out. that can be depressing in its self. so sorry you are struggling. hoping it gets better soon for you. sincerely sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  6:28:00 PM  Show Profile
It's been a bee-u-tee-ful day here. Me, I've been sick as a dog and trying to get my digestion to work right

But I sat outside on my porch and enjoyed looking at how lush and green the hills have become. I wish I had pictures...the redwing black birds were singing in the cat tails and the creek was burbling along...I have to remember how beautiful life is when I'm feeling low.

Blessings to one and all and may you all have a great weekend!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  7:10:12 PM  Show Profile
How's everyone doing? Wanted to check in on you all. I am still hanging out at home, cant say that I feel better yet but maybe before long I will see some improvement. Has anyone had to type lying down on their side and pick letters with one hand....hubby really needs to take a pic of me doing this. (lol)

"A mother is someone you never outgrow your need for"

http://drycreekfarms.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2010 :  10:06:14 AM  Show Profile
Oh Susie, lol, hang in there!! I hope that you are feeling better soon! Have a good weekend everyone and stay cool and safe with all these storms!!

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2010 :  08:24:34 AM  Show Profile
susie hoping you are better each day. do you go to work monday? i am hoping you are better then. maybe they would let you work half days till your stronger.
How are the farm girls today. we are going to be cool today. i like that. we had the grandkids last night. so fun so cute.. i always learn and have loads of fun when they come over. i was going to test kistens blood sugar. she is 3. she says here nana hand me that. she says i got bit by hundreds of ants on that toe. i will do this one. she pokes and starts to do her own test.when we were going to sleep she says nana nuggle me closer. she spooned in. nana tighter cozy like this. she was wrapped and wadded and spooned up against me. only way she could get closer was to climb in my tummy. she said this is good this way nana and asleep she went. grandkids are soooo great. happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2010 :  1:23:41 PM  Show Profile
Oh Sherry, little Kristen sounds so cute! Don't you just love when they want to cuddle!! Susie I sure hope your feeling better today. And no I don't know if I could even begin to type lying down. You must be very talented!!hahaha Have been fighting a chest cold the last two weeks. Finally had to go to dr and he put me on some strong meds. All I want to do is sleep. But probably the best thing for me. I do believe that I feel alittle better today. He says it takes time. It is very hot here and I'm not even going to stick my nose out. Well I hope everyone is doing ok and will check in later.

Hugs, Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2010 :  3:30:11 PM  Show Profile
Crazy hot and humid here too. Watered the veg and herbs on the balcony and came right back in! Lol Well, I hope everyone doing ok?

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2010 :  6:29:44 PM  Show Profile
Catching up on all the comments to make sure everyone is doing better. I am okay at times but when I do try to get around more then I hurt more. But it's back to the ole work place tomorrow no matter what....would just love to stay home from now on. So I am sure I will be hurting tomorrow night after 9 hrs of sitting in an office stair all day. I will check in on everyone really soon, you all take care and get better. ~hugs to you all ~

"A mother is someone you never outgrow your need for"

http://drycreekfarms.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2010 :  7:59:30 PM  Show Profile
Susie, we will be praying for you tom! Let us know how it went!
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  2:17:56 PM  Show Profile
susie hoping when you get this you had a good day and do not hurt too much happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  2:45:28 PM  Show Profile
I hope everyone is doing well today *hugs*

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2010 :  06:39:51 AM  Show Profile
we have been so busy. summer is upon the desert now. so dragging irrigation lines and weeding are number one. since this could be our last summer here on this farm, i am really enjoying all my views and gardens.we can see the cascade mtn.s from our windows. they are so majestic. i am hoping this finds all you farm girls doing ok dokey today. wondering how susie is with going back to work?
Brenda i am thinking its you that hubbie has no more unemployment??? what is going on? have not heard from linda either. i am still upright today. had a HARD disappointment yesterday.so today will be better. going to check cows now. hoping all is well happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2010 :  08:24:03 AM  Show Profile
Sherry, thank you for asking. I'm not on line as much right now. DH still unemployed and unempoyment has run out. We have used all our savings and don't know where to turn now. He put app's in all the time. But no calls in reference to them. I really feel it's his age. Right now we are so disappointed in our Senate! They are still going around about the extensions. We can only take it day by day. Hope you all have a wonderful day, and until later, Hugs, Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2010 :  08:42:28 AM  Show Profile
Sorry ladies, have not been online much lately. Have had some legal and business stuff to get taken care of. I go the beginning of the week to pick up the ankle brace and get measured for orthotic shoes to accomadate the brace and get both feet even with the brace and shoes? The shoes will be another 4-6 weeks but I think when all said and done, it will help?! At least I am praying for that! Take care everyone! Will try and check back later!

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

miss kris
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

kris
mi
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2010 :  09:18:14 AM  Show Profile
Hi dear hearts - Its hard to hear about people who are unemployed and not able to get one. It is a hard place to be for sure. I pray answers are found and jobs are gotten.

I haven't been on much either. Life has gotten bigger and I start to shut down a bit. My body has been complaining about the stress level causing me to have bad nights with my legs and hip. I have to let some things go and am working on it.

our garden looks nice - weeded 4 rows this morning - then had to ice my back but still am glad for the weeded rows. you guys take good care and try to rest in His hands. See you in print.

For I know the plans I have for you...Jer.29:11
Go to Top of Page

KanMogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katherine
Rock Kansas
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2010 :  10:06:01 AM  Show Profile
This is sort of too late for planting this year but I read somewhere about using a light weight pipe to drop seeds in the dirt. It doesn't require so much bending over. You make the hole with your hoe and then place the pipe where you want the seed to go. You just drop your seed down the pipe right where you want it and cover it with the hoe.

I would rather wear out than rust out.----Richard Cumberland
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2010 :  10:34:23 AM  Show Profile
Good Day Farmgirls! I hear all of you. I have a list a mile long and it started growing when I was 6 years old. It doesn't keep me down though. I'll just say it started with low-blood sugar and my last on was Lyme disease.
So what I do to make it all better is keep up with good association. Read the Bible daily. Every scripture that has to do with a better future and no more sickness!
I too go to a homeopathic doctor that saved my life 5 years ago when I was not able to be diagnosed by the medical field. Keeping a positive attitude is the main way to heal. When you are stressed you know it effects the immune system.
Annika try Olive Leaf extract from Nature Sunshine. I got mine by signing up under one of the gals in my co-op. It kills any kind of bacteria, it is top for Lyme disease. If it can kill that it will work for anything. Email me and I'll give you some other ideas that might help stop your digestive issues.
So ladies want to do a swap? I have one posted for a trivet and coaster and placemat swap. Keeping busy doing something for others helps keep your mind off yourself.
I am homebound and when I have enough energy to sit up at the sewing machine I do that. But, these you sew by hand and that is easy to do in the recliner.lol
I too have a garden. My DH and DD did most of the work. I dropped in the seeds. I can't bend either so I just reached out and dropped and she made the whole. We have black eye peas, acorn squash and tomoato growing so far.
I put on my mask and sun hat today and watered them. The heat has been a killer here. My DD usually does it but on her work days she is rushed for time, so today I braved the heat and then came in a put an ice pack on my knees and elbows.
I have a new house keeper coming today. She is in her early 20's moved here from Arizona and is out of work. So, a friend of mine told me about her and I signed her up. I am allergic to dust so have to keep the house dust free as possible. I take a holistic remedy for it that helps me to breath indoors anyway.lol
Hugs to you all,
M

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
www.watkinsonline.com/rjaramillo
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2010 :  06:25:06 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone! It is great to see new faces and so many comments and thoughts! Thats why I took the chance and started this thread. I knew there had to be other farmgirls out there homebound, and/or various health issues that can affect quality of life. Being a support system for each other is a blessing. To share prayers, ideas, solutions, and lift one another up is what its all about! I am so thankful for the MJF forums and the farmgirl friendships we are blessed with here! I hope the day is ok for everyone! Stay cool ladies, it has been a hot summer and its just starting! Lol! Meet y'all back here!

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2010 :  07:34:47 AM  Show Profile
i can see by no posts folks are busy into summer. i know we are busy here. lettuce ready to pick. weeds to pull. hoping all of you are having a fine morning. when people ask how are you here we say hey it aint snowing so we are great. what a year. on the health front i am holding my own this week. i am soooo busy so will be looking forward to sunday. till then we are running and still embarrassing as it is WAITING on calves. boy i hope one out of three is pregnant. its great seeing new folks post. i am so sorry there are so many girls with health issues. i think as is global warming so it is with health. more are sick since we are in my opinion in the last days. things are all goofy. i will be thinking of all the farm girls today when i am out. i thank MJ and the farmgirls here for just being here. i so look forward to coming to see and visit with all you guys. being mainly home bound this is a place for me to enjoy friends and learn new things every day. happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2010 :  08:23:13 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! On my way out the door to finally pick up the brace and look into shoes. Will check back later on! Hope everyone is having a good day! Blessings, linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2010 :  4:21:13 PM  Show Profile
Linda, I'm praying that you find it easier to get around now. But girlfriend, please take care in learning to adjust. I worry about those stairs.

Hugs, Brenda

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2010 :  6:37:03 PM  Show Profile
LOL! I promise Brenda! The brace will take adjustment, but think it will be a blessing in the long run! How is everyone doing today? Ladies, please pray and contact your senators to pass the new bill of unemployment extension! It affects so many! Take care, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2010 :  9:11:52 PM  Show Profile
let us know tomorrow how the brace feels please linda. and brenda when do they vote for the unemployment? it will effect us also. hope you feel good today and sleep well tonight sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2010 :  08:59:58 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Ladies!! I have been having the brace on for about an hour in the am and an hour in the evening. It does hurt a bit as it puts the bum foot in proper alignment, but it will get easier as I build up the time and get used to it. As much as I did not want to have it I really think it will be a blessing as time goes on and I build up tolerance. Brenda and Sherrye, lets hope and pray for the unemployment extension when congress gets back from the July 4th recess. Praying for you ladies!!

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2010 :  09:17:12 AM  Show Profile
My prayers go out to all of us who have chronic health issues, that we have a safe, fun and relaxing 4th of July! Praying also for all of our military people who are continually fighting for our freedom. Love and Light!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Chronic health problems/injuries Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page