Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Chronic health problems/injuries
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Chronic health problems/injuries Next Topic
Page: of 21

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - May 31 2010 :  07:06:04 AM  Show Profile
good morning, been a long couple days with a sick cow. gentle weather light rain warm. waiting on one more cow over due to calve. probably a boy. they take 2 weeks longer. so its gonna be a good day period. happy days sherrye hope every one has a great happy day

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - May 31 2010 :  07:11:31 AM  Show Profile
Today DH and I are going up to our friends house for a bbq. We just have such a good time together. Lot's of laughs, and you can't get too many of those. So my dear friends I do hope you all have a wonderful day. Sherry so sorry you have had a couple of ruff days with the animals, but nature calls and we have to ride with it, don't we. Take care and will check in later.

Hugs, Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - May 31 2010 :  08:53:00 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning! Hope everyone has a good day! Thank you to all the men and women, past and present who have served our country! A big thank you to the families for their sacrifices as well!! Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  08:25:12 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Ladies, Hope the days have been going ok for everyone!! Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  08:58:17 AM  Show Profile
howdy linda, a good day here. vet came we drew blood from buttercup. will know more tomorrow. she was a good girl for us. that was a big thing for me so i am glad it went well. still raining on and off here. sick of it i tell you. all my carrots etc washed down into a lump. lol hope you are all having a good day. happy days sherrye

farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2010 :  10:22:51 PM  Show Profile
is anyone pu i could use a shout out? sherrrye

farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  02:43:12 AM  Show Profile
Sherrye Good Morning! I've got the dang old cold and sore throat. My immune system is not quit up to par yet and this cold has really pulled me down. The cottonweed has been flying around here and that is part of it. How are you doing? We have been getting rain again and storms predicted for today and close to 100. I sure would like to see fall weather year round. Yes the snow is pretty and the spring flowers I love. Love swimming, but body just seems to be better in the fall. How did the blood work turn out for Buttercup? Well I'm going to try to go back to sleep.

Hugs, Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

miss kris
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

kris
mi
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  04:09:39 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Everyone - Hope you all have a good day today.

I go to work today, this is the Monday of my work week. Yesterday I worked in the garden and yard. My house is a wreck tho! Last night my legs hurt quite bad, went to bed early and feel pretty good this morning. Brenda, I hope this cold is short lived - summer colds are miserable.

Sherry, you have the best day!! take care - Miss Kris

For I know the plans I have for you...Jer.29:11
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  05:08:48 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning everyone! The weekend here is suppose to be close to 100, stormy and really humid. I got more herb plants yesterday. When its storming I move them under lawn chairs to protect some. The rain is clobbering the gardens out here too! Never mind the hail in places. Hopefully, my little container gardens will hang in there! I love fall as well! Its my fav season! How is Buttercup? I love that name! Well, I will check back later. Ready for my am cup of decaf! I hope we all have a good day, and I just love sharing with you farmgirls! Hey, everyone get the new MJF mag yet? Whatever you have to do today, work, chores, errands, etc, I pray it all goes well and health issues get better! Blessings, linda
Country at Heart

Edited by - prayin granny on Jun 04 2010 05:15:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  06:27:50 AM  Show Profile
good morning all, the news is not good for her. she went down last night. vet came. its cancer.we doped her with pain meds last night. it has caused her colon to fail and her cervix. so i am putting her down today. a very sad heavy heart here today. lisa is coming to help me. papa is not here. sherrye

farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  07:02:45 AM  Show Profile
Oh Sherry, I am so sorry to hear that! Will be praying for you. This will not be easy for you. If you can keep us posted today?, and know that the farmgirls are here for support. Take care, linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  07:09:44 AM  Show Profile
Btw Kris-love your signature! Its one of my favorite scriptures. Take care ladies, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  08:14:33 AM  Show Profile
Oh Sherrye I am so sorry to hear this. God Bless You. Prayers to help you through this day and for Buttercup that she goes peacefully. Were all her for you and wish there was some way to be there to give a big hug!

BIG HUG!!!! Brenda

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  08:41:45 AM  Show Profile
Ladies, I just want you to know that you are all in my prayers :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

miss kris
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

kris
mi
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  09:36:58 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I wish your man was home today. We will be thinking of you - it never is easy to put an animal down which you have as part of your family. Some times it just needs to be done, when is never good.
Know you are cared for Sherrye - Miss Kris

Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  11:15:06 AM  Show Profile
papa came home early. my son and lisa and papa are moving cow calf pair here. he will be here. i will shoot her. she is my cow. i am grateful for all you farm girls and friends and family. this is a hard one for sure sincerely sherrye

farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  11:46:46 AM  Show Profile
Sherry my heart is aching for you. Dear,dear, sister this has got to be awful for you. Prayer's are with you sweetie and know you are in all of our hearts and thoughts.

Hugs, Brenda

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2010 :  3:51:13 PM  Show Profile
well i posted under barnyard my experiance with buttercup. she is gone. so very sad. she was a fine cow. even when she was sick she would move folks away from me. then stand in between us. very much a pet milk cow. i kept her horns. i love her horns. i always have. soberly sherrye

farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2010 :  4:13:25 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry. I know how much this must hurt. We are thinking of you! And keeping you in prayer!

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

miss kris
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

kris
mi
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2010 :  5:21:56 PM  Show Profile
Sherrye - I am glad for you to have had the experience of a cow who thought so much of you that she would be protective of you. Not very many people have that happen to them. It has been a gift and now a blessed memory for you to be able to carry. I think that is some of what I have done when I have had to put down a close companion. Big Hug for you dear heart - Miss Kris

Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2010 :  07:02:04 AM  Show Profile
i so want to thank you all for the love and support. miss kris is right on with her words. i had butter for a year and a half. what she gave me was huge. when i was struggling with this, i would come in and look to see if anyone had posted a comment. all through the days you helped me along. i ask my God Jah if i could have her back in the paradise. i loved that cow way over the top. i shall share the story of her another time. i am crying now. i still have a hard time. i wanted to say thank you so much my friends happy days sherrye

farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2010 :  08:12:07 AM  Show Profile
Sherrye, Our hearts are with you and will continue to be. We are here for you. Anytime you need to talk or share come on the forums! These farmgirls are just amazing! I am so thankful for everyones thoughts, prayers and support.( Including yours,dear farmgirl, as I was so new to the forum ) It is just an amazing group of ladies!! We will continue to pray and think of you. I am pretty sure each of us has lost an animal dear to us, it is easy to know and understand what you are going thru!! We are here for you anytime! Take care and I pray the days get a bit better, little by little. Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2010 :  8:40:13 PM  Show Profile
Sherrye, I'm crying with you. I had a horse named Buttrcup and she and I had a very close bond as well. Had to give her away many years ago because my Dad lost his company and I couldn't afford to keep her. I still see her looking at me from the new owners trailer as she drove away. My heart goes out to you and I am sincerely sorry for your loss. Take comfort in the fact that she is no longer suffering and that you were able to give that to her.

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2010 :  07:18:00 AM  Show Profile
I had a stupid but hurtful accident Sunday. My husband and I had just washed my car and I was going into the garage to get a bucket to go pick my squash, was in a hurry. Water and concrete didnt go together! Both feet went out and I hit with all my weight on my bottom. I was in severe pain but thought it was just a sore bruised bottom. Could not stand the pain any longer so my doctor sent me to have xrays - broken tailbone (sorry I know there is a name for it but have no idea what it is at the moment). I am out of work for the rest of the week, sitting on my grandsons donut type swim ring. The pain is awful but they said there is nothing that can be done - will take about a month for me to start feeling better but months to heal. I feel so stupid when telling this, should have known better.

"A mother is someone you never outgrow your need for"

http://drycreekfarms.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2010 :  07:35:46 AM  Show Profile
thanks dana for your love about my buttercup. i am shopping for a fresh cow now.
Suzie so sorry you broke your butt bone(LOL) sorry to laugh i know how bad that hurts. when i was small i jumped on the back of a bareback horse. well he bucked me right off on mt tail bone. broke hurt the worst part was as a young girl in love with horses it took a while before i could ride again. hope you are better in a jiffy.happy days sherrye

farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Chronic health problems/injuries Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page