Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Chronic health problems/injuries
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Chronic health problems/injuries Next Topic
Page: of 21

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  07:32:28 AM  Show Profile
well i am back up and going again. slow but forward. i like that i have folks i can ask for help from. rarely do i need it but i do now and then. papa just left for corvallis for 4 days work. i think i will focus on packing and digging. we are looking at some property owner carry. any hoot i am up one more time. so linda and brenda how are you two doing today?
wondering how the container boxes are coming along. have not heard a lot from linda wondering if she is ok? i know brenda you talk with her. sending warm thoughts and prayers. we must be the only sickies in the group that wants to yak about it. lol happy days here sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  4:57:33 PM  Show Profile
Lol! Its good to be there for one another! My daughter and I had my other daughters kiddos this weekend. I am doing ok at the moment. Sorry you had such a rough time of it Sherry. Hope things are better now. I have a couple dr appts this week. One for a leg brace-ugh!! Take it easy ladies. It has been windy here so I put off more planting the pots. Have a good nite, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  10:21:08 PM  Show Profile
i am doing great thanks linda. so glad you had fun with family. i love getting together. i love to have parties. i dont much any more. i used to be known for big food get togethers. we are going out to eat on friday night. wow i am excited. we have not done so for at least 2 years. except for the few that friends have paid for. just could not feel ok with it till we were working again. sooo now he works. its our 36 year anniversary. we just love each other so much. looking forward to some fun.
so i am wondering linda whats up with the leg brace farm girl. now i dont want to be nosey. but i am new on here so i dont know your whole situation. i hope it helps you and does not hurt. i am sorry you need it in the first place. hoping you are well and happy today.
brenda how are you doing? i know each day is different. hoping things are going good for you. we do enjoy the good days dont we. happy days sherrye

farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  10:50:52 AM  Show Profile
Hope the days are going ok ladies! I fell and shattered my ankle and broke a leg bone a few years back. Had several surgeries, pins in place, and they may? do another. The brace is to help with stability? I have pretty much 0 range of motion in that foot and swelling always. There are rougher days, but I have learned acceptance and with the Good Lord's grace, take each day at a time. Hope the day is a good one for you farmgirls! Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  4:13:31 PM  Show Profile
oh linda , that is so sad. i am glad they can help you some. i am sure that hurts all the time. that would limit your life style. i dont know everyone that well yet. i was wondering what you do for fun? happy days sherrye

farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  4:43:28 PM  Show Profile
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SHERRY! Hope you had an awesome time out! My circumstances? I promise, not too sad. I try to be a fighter! Oh, I do get discouraged often, dont get me wrong. Thats why I started this post. Hoping others out there may share and we can encourage and advise each other, as Kathy suggested the raise bed gardens! Because the curves in life can alter our lifestyles. And sharing how we may make changes to help our quality of life and routine can be great! I know that I have to pace myself more, I think Brenda does as well. I enjoy knitting, sewing, paper crafting, and all things farm and ranch! And I will add gardens to that if my container plants give some vegs and fruit! Lol! How about you Sherry? Blessings, Linda
Country at Heart

Edited by - prayin granny on May 26 2010 4:50:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

KanMogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katherine
Rock Kansas
USA
349 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  7:33:08 PM  Show Profile
Hope you ladies are doing better these days. I suffer from restless leg syndrome and it has been flaring up a little lately. I hope this doesn't mean the medicine is not working anymore. I need to walk more than I have been. I take Mirapex and Metanx for it. Metanx is a nutritional supplement my doctor is having me try.

Linda, today was the last day of school so I am out for the summer. We need to plan to get together. .

I would rather wear out than rust out.----Richard Cumberland
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  8:18:02 PM  Show Profile
Kathy I understand that restless leg syndrome is very unconfortable. Do you get it by being on your feet all day at school? I never understood what the cause was. I sure hope you start getting relief soon. Congrat's you made it through another year. Rest up!!!

Hugs, Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  8:35:08 PM  Show Profile
Kathy, restless leg not fun at all! I hope tonights a better nite for you! Hope your summer is great! I know your daughter is out here, let me know when you are coming here. Are there certain places here that you like to go to? Kathy, Brenda, Sherry, a peaceful nite to you! Blessings, linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  08:11:25 AM  Show Profile
hi girls, ..linda we have not gone out yet. he is out of town till today working. yipee work i love that word. we go friday.

I just hate restless legs. for me sometimes it is triggered by a product or chemical that i get exposed to. since many chemicals are neuro-toxic and hormone disrupters it can cause this type of body response. there are times when i have full body response. i feel like i am going to jump out of my skin. i use really hot baths and a nausea med. since nausea meds work through the nerve system (stomach is a bowl of nerve endings) the med compazine or promethazine will aid in reducing symptoms. for me it passes. i did clean my home up. i took a huge step in having a clean green non toxic environment. it took a very long time. now i get the restless legs after being out away from home only. i hope your meds are working for you. we are all different and what works for one may not for another.
Hoping all is well for you farmgirl friends. i am having a fine day. sending hugs happy days sherrye

farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

miss kris
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

kris
mi
USA
118 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  11:13:54 AM  Show Profile
This is a refreshing topic - there are not a lot of places or people to talk to about this thing - pain. I have pain every day - my back has been flared up for over a month but it should settle down, it usually does. Its my legs, they hurt every day - I have some restless leg too but it comes and goes. I don't do drugs either - I have been going to a holistic doctor and we have been working on my circulation. It is expensive - insurance won't touch anything having to do it the holistic way. Some times I just get so down about dealing with a constant companion who isn't very nice to me. I try to just accept it, not fight it and then I do better. But...that doesn't always work. The stress in my life I am sure is part of it all.

I just came to the topic today....I don't talk about the pain much, don't like to be thought of to be a complainer. One thing I see I share with many of you....never stop. My husband has been telling me for years, YOU NEVER TAKE A BREAK !!!, well, my body has finally spoken loud enough that I do take a few more the last year, I am 56. I guess I am a slow learner.

God bless you all!! Kris

For I know the plans I have for you...Jer.29:11
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  2:50:42 PM  Show Profile
Kris I'm so sorry that you are dealing with such pain also. Please know that we are all here for you anytime. Not sure about the other girls but Linda and I are up and down through the night. So don't be surprised if we are here at 2-3 in the morning. Right Linda? I would love to go the holistic way but I'm on many med's for other things that I would have to be very careful what I did. I'm so glad that you have found us and be sure to check in we are on here everyday.

Hugs, Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

KanMogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katherine
Rock Kansas
USA
349 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  5:03:32 PM  Show Profile
I've never been able to figure what triggers my restless leg and I've been dealing with it off and on since I was 20 (33 Years). I do know that walking on a regular basis helps.

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  6:28:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kris, welcome aboard! Glad to have you sharing with us! Yes, Brenda, often times in the nite and/or early AM, the computer helps us out! Thank goodness for MJF friends! Well ladies, I got fitted for the brace today!! I am not going to LOVE it, however, I do think it will give me some stability and maybe even help with pain??!! We will see. That may help me love it, LOL! I have to special order some shoes too. At least I can get a cute pair of maryjanes that are wide enough to take the brace! I think I am going to check out the fabric store and find some pretty material to make several long skirts. Think they will be more comfortable with the darn brace.And cooler with summer. Well, I am determined to make the best of this, ha-ha! Sherry, have a great time tomorrow night then. Know you will enjoy the time out! Kathy, Im sorry, that is a long time to deal with it!! Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart

Edited by - prayin granny on May 27 2010 6:29:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  6:45:36 PM  Show Profile
well howdy
well howdy to the newbies here. i would say you have that love hate thing going on with the brace linda. i am the same with my c-pap machine. i have sleep apnea also. i have gotten so thin now though i may not need it. the anemia and porphyria caused problems for me breathing. i used it faithfully. i hated it but slept soooo much better with it. now i am sleeping good with out it. love hate thing...

Kathy there are chemicals that could be causing the restless legs. just a thought. i have certain places i go to i can know i will have the leg thing in a night or two. some reactions the body has to exposures are delayed. it makes it more difficult to diagnose. usually the metabolic response takes a while to build. you will have an immediate response to something. like a head ache but the leg thing is usually delayed.i am sorry for you. i do hope the meds keep working.

Kris have you tried homeopathic. it is a clean natural way to help the body balance itself. not sure it would be enough help. but thought i would throw it out there. i am glad others have joined in the chat.

I had a hard working happy joyful prosperous active day. sooo fine happy days farm girls sherrye

farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  7:25:34 PM  Show Profile
I am a huge fan of homeopathic, natural remedies. Slowly plan to return to it. What I was doing was not easing the high b/p recently tho. But, the meds arent either. They keep trying new, lol! Plan to go back to organic as much as possible too! Have a great nite, ladies

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

miss kris
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

kris
mi
USA
118 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  04:00:35 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning! Hugs to you all!

It takes time with trying to go a more natural way. Sometimes I think people have to much to go that way - the pain is to bad or something. But with me, my brother in law takes a lot of meds for pain and got cancer in his kidneys from it. I decided that I am going to try it holistically. I am working with a man who listens well. One of the reason I decided that is regular doctors and I often battle because they don't appreciate my questions. I got sick of the battling. Being told to take pills over why something is like it is goes against my thinking. So, I tried something else.

Listening to everyone, it puts my pain in perspective a bit...I am trying to give up the RIGHT to feel like I WANT. Also reading "the uncommon woman" by Susie Larson, its a good read for a strong willed person.

I can not tell you how much I appreciate this site. Kris

Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  07:24:32 AM  Show Profile
yes miss kris you are so right. kind a like good things take time. giving the body time to equalize. hope everyone is in good spirits. its so wet and cold here i hope the weekend is better. papa is home. we are going to go look at property. i like doing that. for me today is all about twitching and jerking. i get very jumpy on days like this. we use correlle dishes so when i jerk and fling the plate it does not break. LOL i have to be careful or i squeeze to hard. it passes. it will be a good day. going to a friends this am to help her. she fell and broke her pelvic and hip. going to water her house plants. she has tons. hoping you all have a happy day sherrye

farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  07:45:25 AM  Show Profile
Girls besides my phyiscal situation, and taking care of mom, she is very demanding. I don't mean to be disrepectful but it just wears me out. She can get very nasty to DH and he tolerates as best as he can. But it does challenage the two of us to get along, when the stress gets to be too much. I't been bad lately and it really affects my body. Could use a few prayers to finding a way to deal with her attitude. I've tried for so long, I'm about to give up. I just keep praying the next day will be better. Hope all of you are having a good day. Hugs, Brenda

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  08:10:07 AM  Show Profile
Brenda, Prayers are coming your way!

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  08:11:32 AM  Show Profile
oh brenda i am so sorry, i KNOW what you are saying. my journey with my mom is over now. i took care of her for almost 8 years in our home.it can be very rewarding and joyfull. just the same it can be HARD. sometimes we thought that we would explode or implode.we made her her own living room. it helped a lot. we had to have nights out. well that ended when she took to being very ill.i will carry you in my heart today and send you hugs. my papa had a hard time with her always being here and always being with us. sooo hoping it gets better for you soon. sending love sherrye

farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

miss kris
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

kris
mi
USA
118 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  09:53:24 AM  Show Profile
Brenda - I understand how it feels to be at the line of just about giving up. It isn't an easy place -- tears could easily come because of how alone you can feel there with only enough hope to keep you breathing. The two things I can do is ask God to please hold you in His arms and allow you to feel His care. The other thing is just to encourage you, to let you know we hear you and stand with you from a distance. Sometimes when it gets hard, it isn't about disrespect, its just the way it is, the truth. Please take some time to feel the warmth of people who care for you. Kris : )

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  11:14:00 AM  Show Profile
Thank you girls, I can feel the loving suport. If she was just not so hateful and mean at times. She can put on a great show in front of others. Tom and I are going outside to work today and I'm not taking the phone. Quite time!! And do remember I'm here for all of you also. Sherry I sure felt that hug you sent, thank you. Kris thank you for all the encouragement and all the warm feelings. Had a good talk with Linda this morning and that really helped. We just can't stop laughing when we talk. Good theropy. Love you all, Brenda

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Go to Top of Page

KanMogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katherine
Rock Kansas
USA
349 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  4:45:52 PM  Show Profile
Praying for you, Brenda. I have a co-worker who is dealing with her mother right now. Her mother is getting very forgetful and doing a lot of strange things so she is arranging for an evaluation. I don't think she is getting much support from her siblings.

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  07:27:15 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, farmgirls! I hope everyone is having a good weekend! Its been a quiet one for me and I just hope to get caught up on some household chores and projects. Little at a time, right? Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Chronic health problems/injuries Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page