Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Chronic health problems/injuries
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Chronic health problems/injuries Next Topic
Page: of 21

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  07:52:15 AM  Show Profile
My goodness, this is the quietest I've ever seen us. lol What's happening in your life? Things must be keeping us all busy for us not to stop by and say a "howdy" to our friends.

So, "Hello" from sunny Florida. I am always thinking of you all and don't think cause I'm not on everyday that I don't care about you. You are very special ladies to me.

I'm busy trying to help Kayla to get her shop promoted on Etsy and get some sales. The co-op is bringing us lots of traffic but no sales. I'll be picking up her artwork from the printers today. So, be on the lookout for more great handmade note card sets in her shop and in the co-op.

I'm getting ready for a Princess House party saturday. I have broken vases to replace and that's the only way I could get it done was have a party.

We'll be cooking a chicken in a crystal cassarole dish in the microwave. I'll let you know how it turns out.

You all have a great and productive day.
Hugs,
Marsha

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
www.watkinsonline.com/rjaramillo
www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - May 17 2011 :  12:30:45 PM  Show Profile
Totally agree Marsha!! I have been a bit out of it since I got back. Feels like I moved all over again and, frankly, having a hard time with adjustment and acceptance?! My mom is having surgery soon and will be stayin with one of my daughters for most of the summer. My mom is a very 'narcisstic' and several personality disorders (mental illness) and this will be VERY rough summer. So I am trying to stay stron, but fighting some depression at all that has gone on and is about to? I think of all of you each day. Even if not on forums all the time lately, each of you have and are a blessing to me. I know that I have friends for life here.

Its spring and planting season for many of our farmgirls on farms and property as well, I remember last year it got quieter around this time and during harvest as well.

Hope all of you are well. Marsha, prayers the economy begins to pick up soon. It is just hard these days for people to make purchases, I think.

Also, both Brenda and I have had hard time signing into and signing up for comments on peoples blogs lately. So bear with us ok?

My computer still down. Borrowing a family members laptop for a brief period so I am able to say hello for a few days.

God Bless, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  2:08:06 PM  Show Profile
Just wanted to say hi! Sherrye, are you ok?

Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Red River Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

183 Posts

Nancy
Ardmore Oklahoma
USA
183 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  5:32:26 PM  Show Profile
Well I have been quiet due to going thru the divorse, trying to keep up the yard and garden and animals alone. My CHF and RA are doing a number on my teeth right now. Little income, won't get my first husbands social security till July, have a 800 dollar divorse bill, need to have 2 teeth pulled. Oh and my X still thinks he can just drop by for congecal visits even tho he left me....Pray I don't shoot him with my 410....

~Count your blessings instead of sheep~ (Bing Crosby) ~Nancy~
FARMGIRL #877
http://santabrigade.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

foreverbooks
True Blue Farmgirl

514 Posts

Carole
Tombstone AZ
USA
514 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  06:39:52 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, sorry to hear about the divorce. That is a rough one! But it sounds like you are working through it. You are in our prayers.

Carole
Arizona Farmgirl Sister #2556
Go to Top of Page

Red River Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

183 Posts

Nancy
Ardmore Oklahoma
USA
183 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  7:22:49 PM  Show Profile
Well I don't believe in divorse....He gave me no choice because he just abandoned me. I was sick in bed while he was moving his things out of the cabin. He said he could'nt take the stress of me being sick all the time. So now that leaves me unable to marry again and getting to spend life alone. I have never been alone, was married to my first hubby for 29 years, we had dated since I was 15. He passed away at age 47 of a heart attack. Me and mom went to the cemetary today to spruce up their graves and a vase had came unglued so we had picked up what we needed to fix it and it had to first be scrapped free of the old glue and dirt...mom had the knife and I was afraid she would cut herself so I took it and ended up jamming in into my pointer fingers big knuckle all the way to the bone...I pray they cleaned it really well at the ER, I am so scared of getting an infection since my immune system is null and void. I got stitches and will get them out in 10 days. Then at the er since it was a knife injury they asked me if I ever wanted to hurt myself or anyone else...me and mom burst out laughing and I told them...mmmmm really not a good time to ask...my husband up and left me

FARMGIRL #877
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  11:18:43 PM  Show Profile
Nancy, I am so sorry. We will be praying for you! I divorced many, many years ago, raised my kids and stayed single. I dont regret it? I believe my life is in God's hands. Sometimes it was tough, but God always saw me thru. Take care and know the farmgirls are always here. Blessings, linda www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - May 28 2011 :  07:04:35 AM  Show Profile
howdy girls, i have not been on to much lately. mostly barnyard buddies. i have been perking along. yesterday i had to go to the chemo room and get an infusion of sugar. i am feeling some better from it today. had a severe attack exposed to round up. they have a new one. no smell so no warning. i happened to look up and saw my neighbor spraying his weeds. so i ran for cover. it was too late. so i will be better in a few days. i am sorry you are going through so many hardships nancy. sometimes it comes that way. it is a stormy ride. i hope things will settle for you. i too was alone. i actually learned to enjoy it. i felt good about being able to do it myself. i gained confidence. hoping all you girls are doing good today. gotta milk a cow and go back to bed. happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Red River Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

183 Posts

Nancy
Ardmore Oklahoma
USA
183 Posts

Posted - May 28 2011 :  07:44:18 AM  Show Profile
Thank you ladies, I need the encouragment. What has been the hardest is the only ( Pa ) the grandkids remember is the one that left me. They keep asking me when is he coming home? When the 4 year old cries for him it just tears my heart out. I just can't believe I am putting my grandkids thru losing another grandpa. Breaks my heart....

FARMGIRL #877
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - May 28 2011 :  09:49:58 AM  Show Profile
nancy you are not doing this to them. this is a circumstance. things happen. you are not at fault. you are doing the best you can with what you have to work with. love covers many problems and eases the transition. i try to work through love and the best for all involved. i know you feel the same. many woman who are sick have their husband leave. it is very sad and very hard. i am sad for you. you can do it. you have our support. our love. our hugs. you get mad if you need to. but keep getting up and doing what the next day holds and it will get easier. lots of hugs and love to your grandkids. you are a fine farmgirl and grandma. sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Red River Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

183 Posts

Nancy
Ardmore Oklahoma
USA
183 Posts

Posted - May 28 2011 :  7:17:55 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Sherrye, I do feel more in control of my life now. I think being with him was depressing me because he did'nt want to work full time or do chores around the cabin. Now that I am back on all my RA meds I am able to work around the house and have been told how much better the place looks :) THAT feels good! I even moved a well house that I am using for a chicken house by myself and was able to get it where it needed to go and then install a door. Now I have a set back with my hand but after the stitches come out I will go at it again! I am feeling more like my old self again :) Thanks to all of you for your encouraging words, I keep ya'll in my prayers. Hugs, Nancy

FARMGIRL #877
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - May 28 2011 :  8:18:32 PM  Show Profile
Nancy, that is great! So much accomplished! It does feel good and help our self confidence when we do things we werent sure that we could.! You are doing great! Stay strong and know we are all here for you! Blessings, linda www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - May 29 2011 :  09:34:44 AM  Show Profile
I typed out a beautiful update and the stupid computer went to outer space and lost it all.

I'm too tired to type it again so I'll just say glad to see you are all alive like me and doing the best you can with what you got.

Keep your chin up and keep plowing through life farm girl style!

Hugs,
Marsha

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150

Edited by - marjean on May 29 2011 09:35:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - May 29 2011 :  7:09:46 PM  Show Profile
Oh Marsha! That has happened to me too! It is sooo frustrating when it does that. Hope everyone is doing ok this weekend. Blessings, linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  05:54:38 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Ladies, I will be needing prayers, as I have 22 days to move. We found a place, still a duplex, that will be much better for me physically. Where we are right now is on a concrete slab and it's killing me from the moisture in the flooring. And I feel like I'm in a fish bowl, mom can see everytime I'm outside or when we leave the house. And she'll call and ask where you going, or what are you doing outside!!!!! This new place has a basement under it and I'm praying that it will help my legs and hips some. I'll have a lot of trees across from me and a big open area behind me. It is so peaceful to look out and sit outside. As it is right now, I just don't go out, no visiting with neighbors, because I know the phone will be ringing. Have started packing and find that I'm alot slower now getting it done. I will only be a block away from mom, but I will have my privacy. So girls if you could pray that the body holds up and gets this all done I would really appreciate it. I do send prayers for all of you that you are doing well! Thank you! Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  06:13:37 AM  Show Profile
oh brenda, you have a big job ahead of you for sure. i understand the need for some private space. i had mom for 11 yrs. here. we are slower these days for sure. well life is not a race.. so try to pace yourself. if i was there i would help you. slow and easy is a good pace for me these days. i hope it helps your legs. glad to see moat of us here holding our own. take care and pace yourself brenda. sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  06:27:10 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Sherrye, I'm going to do one room a day, maybe! It will probably take me several days per room. With DH not working he can help me out alot. As I'm going along, I'm trying to downsize on what I move. The rest will go to charity. My problem is I sit and think about why I have what I do, who gave it to me, etc. But if I've not used it for the last year, I don't need it. I think I'm at a stage in my life, that I don't want clutter, I want breathing space around me. I do feel this is a God thing and I'm going to let him guide me through. Happy day everyone! Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  06:34:02 AM  Show Profile
yes marsha, me too. i am so disappointed when that happens. we are plowing through life here one day at a time. i do get frusterated with how long recovery can take. i feel so achey this am i think a truck hit me. ouch all over. well any way i am still here and getting better now. when i am sick i feel like i weigh 500 pounds. thank goodness for me i try to remember....this too shall pass. so anyway,, i wanted to comment on the article in the awake. i know marsha has read it. it tells of honey ants. it is in india or africa. a girl goes and finds a ant hill. she tells the folks this is a real treat where they live. she digs 3 feet down and follows a tunnel. it leads to ANTS hanging upside down with honey in their BUTTS.LOL many times. so she grabs them up and shoves them in her mouth. yum.??? probably perfect food though. protein and honey. amazing they bathe themselves in a antibiotic they make. they are pure. the honey is what is called HONEYDEW. way cool. it comes from the acaia tree. so Jehovah has everything just so. what a perfect symbiosis life cycle. as we all have acknowledged here before. He is an amazing Creator. i just wanted to share about the ants. happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Red River Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

183 Posts

Nancy
Ardmore Oklahoma
USA
183 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  08:56:35 AM  Show Profile
Hey Sherrye,
That is odd because just this morning I was telling my son what I knew about honey! Back in the day when antibiotics were not around they would dress the wound with honey due to bacteria not being able to live it in so the wound would'nt get infected! That God of ours is a very smart God :) Hugs, Nancy

FARMGIRL #877
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2011 :  11:45:52 AM  Show Profile
Hi Dear Friends,

My goodness Brenda I hope you get some help from the kids and grandkids a day or two before you move. In only 22 days. yikes, I will pray you don't overdue it and pace yourself like Sherrye said.

That was a great article about the ants I really enjoyed learning something new from around the world.

I'm finishing up the quilt for a barter and my poor shoulder injury is screaming at me. I slept wrong somehow. And, it flaired up and then sewing on the border didn't help it. DH is massaging it daily and I sleep on my back and that keeps the shoulders from locking up on me and causing unbareable pain during the day.

I'll have dh sew the binding on for me. He is good at helping out when I can't. Gotta love him!

I'm almost to 100 sales in my Jeanpatch shop. So, I'm having a contest this month to help me reach it. So exciting!

Take care of yourself and keep in touch. :D Marsha

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2011 :  06:27:55 AM  Show Profile
he is a fine creator. he has made such a fine place for us to live. we received bad news the other day. so i am sick this week. stress always gets my porphyria going. so lots of pain. we are at the point now i want to give up fighting to hold on to material stuff. i would love to stay on this land. if Jehovah is willing i would love to stay. this new money worry is big. so we will see. today slow and easy. marsha congrats. on your customer count. hoping all is good with everyone. hugs love and happy days to all you girls. sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2011 :  7:06:29 PM  Show Profile
Sherry, I am sorry to hear that. Will be praying for you. I hope things get better soon. Hope you ladies are all doing ok. God bless, linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Red River Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

183 Posts

Nancy
Ardmore Oklahoma
USA
183 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2011 :  7:59:01 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,
Well my life has been a roller coaster. I am trying to keep calm so my RA does'nt go into a flare and my blood pressure will not go up too high and affect my heart. My husband who left me is wanting to come back. I still love him but my family is still very angry with him and I fear I will lose my family, mom, sisters, sons ect. if I take him back. He is a wonderful grandfather even tho he is not their biological grandfather. As ya'll know he died at age 47 and they don't remember him. I do not know what to do. He still only works part-time and I am fixing to be on my first husbands social security so I can finacially make it without him but I get so lonely at times that I cry all day long. He says he will find a full time job and we will never say the divorse word again. What should I do????

FARMGIRL #877
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  06:45:44 AM  Show Profile
hi nancy, i am sorry your life is a roller coaster right now. i hate the feeling of not knowing and having things change. i am sending hugs and support to you. life can be so very hard. hang in there. i hope you are all doing good today. sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  10:01:08 AM  Show Profile
Nancy,
You know its hard to give advice to someone about a decision like this, you know how your family feels, so make alist of the good and bad and see which one has the most going for you. Pray for God's guidance and trust your heart, only you can walk in your shoes and only you can decide if you can trust that this won't happen again.

My friend of 35+ years is going thur this situation (different reasons) they have been married over 30years, he was seeing someone else she caught him at it and told him to leave. He came back and wanted to try again, she has a farm in south central MO, but he wanted to be in this area so she said yes (against her kids wishes) he moved her back to Kansas, long story short is he had kept the girlfriend and was counting on the wife to sell her farm in Mo. His plans were to leave her and get half of the money for him and girlfriend. But my friend decided to hold on to the farm until enconomy got alittle better, then sell and have some money for their old age, he was against that!! Now she knows why and found out that the girlfriend was still in the picture, needless to say she told him to get out and not come back. She's glad she moved back to this area cause she has friends and family here to help her get on her feet, but she won't be selling the farm anytime soon. He's not going to get a cent of it.
She is 60 yrs old and starting over (scary), now she is trying to find ways to be self sufficent and find a job.

So I'm praying for you to become self-sufficent and if you can get back on your 1st husband's SS to support your self then pray that you don't have to give that up and depend on someone else. Good Luck on whatever you decide, only you can make that decision and hope you don't find yourself in this situation again.
Connie

LULU
farmgirl sister #1369
"Scattered Prairie Gals" chapter

Take care and write soon.
When you wish upon a star...Jiminy Cricket
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Chronic health problems/injuries Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page