Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Chronic health problems/injuries
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Chronic health problems/injuries Next Topic
Page: of 21

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2011 :  09:39:44 AM  Show Profile
How are my dear farmgirls doing? Has the weather started calming down for any of you yet? We are enjoying nice 70's weather lately. It's been great for my garden. The seeds are all peeking through one by one.
It is really helping me keep my mind focused on others and growing things which I need to do right now. I go in for surgery April 1st. Pray I don't have any reactions for the worse and I'll be back on in a weeks time around the 5th or so back to my happy lively self.

My thyroid is hyper and it is effecting my heart. So, I'm on homeopathic remedies for that to keep the heart from speeding up over 100. My doctor says she's putting the breaks on it so to speak.

The procedure I'm having done will be about an hour if everything goes off without a hitch. I wish you all could be here to give me support and love and hugs.

I'll be thinking of you all. I'll have my family and friends here locally with me so I won't be alone. I'm already getting that lump in my throat and nerves so I'm trying to keep myself thinking of positive things and that it will all be fine.

I'm praying for power and strength beyond what is normal for me and I know God answers my prayers and has never left me through all my trials.
This is one of those surgery's that if I don't have it I won't be around to pester you all anymore. And, that would just take all the fun out of my life. lol So, tell me funny stories and things that will make me laugh of all the silly things happening around you house. I really need it right now.

Love to you all,
Marsha

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
www.watkinsonline.com/rjaramillo
www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2011 :  12:00:57 PM  Show Profile
Marsha, will be keeping you in thought ansd prayer, hope that all goes well with tests and surgery!! I survivied my train trip. The attendants were very nice. I am not able to walk around the train as mu ankle/leg injury is such in bone damage that I do not have balance. So, safer to stay put, lol! Hope each of you are doing well!

Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2011 :  12:16:07 PM  Show Profile
Marsha, our sweet little farmgirl sister, you will be in my prayers. The Lord hears all of us and with our faith he will be good to you. The greatest gift we can give him is our faith and belief that he will answer our prayers. Take care and let us know how your doing. Hugs,Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2011 :  07:58:47 AM  Show Profile
just now reading this marsha. i so hope this will take care of one of your problems. will say a prayer for you the first for sure. sending you agape love my sister and friend. keep us posted on how your doing. sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Red River Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

183 Posts

Nancy
Ardmore Oklahoma
USA
183 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2011 :  8:44:03 PM  Show Profile
Ok Marsha....you asked for a funny story to keep your spirits up sp here is one....mind you this all happened within a day and night...OK...I have CHF and crippling RA..ect ect...A couple of weeks ago I had to also have a lower GI done because of problems..actually I was sure it was hemaroids, I am married to one so I should know them..my daughter in law had suppositorys to help with the discomfort before the exam...i ooohhh used them several days..thought I was getting worse but found out I was allergic to the stuff...I then had the procedure done and had a fical tear??? Anyway...I cannot use the sitsbath that I am suppose to be using 3 times a day, I have a built on very tall toliet seat that is like a deep cone..not that wide either..I realize my appointment is the next day so I decide I AM going to sit in the tub. I had it put in when I found out I had RA so I could just shower and be able to get my legs over the shorter tub to get in. OK....my husband did'nt know, I didn't even take my gown, last minuet you know...As I am trying to lower myself into the tub I realize really a bad idea...when you are the size of shammoo your going down no matter what...SPLASH..OK I am in it but this thing has NO handrails and the tub is smooth with the shower wall. I then realize there is NO WAY I am getting myself back out of the tub...I am a big woman. My late husband used to call me a lumberjack. I am still a little strong but I had decided that day to not take ANY RA meds or lasix and was GOING TO WORK IN MY FLOWER BEDS NO MATTER WHAT. OK...I am therfor exhausted, swelled up so bad my knees won't bend and have taken no pain meds so my arms were useless. I now know how walrus's feel! Well I just washed and then sat there....finally my husband comes in to check on me. He looked at me and said HOW DID U GET IN THAT TUB?? I said no how do I get out of it?? He said throw one leg over and I will pull....OUCH...My shoulders and elbow are screaming..he says, well I can call the boys...my sons are big grown guys...I told him if he did that I was pretty sure I could drown myself in the tub water! THEN he says what about if I bring in the pully I have in the barn and we can try that...he got the harry eyeball...THEN...he says hey on swamp people if they can get the big gators heads in the boat the rest of the body usually fallows...I asked him..ARE YOU COMPARING ME TO A 800 POUND ALLIGATOR?? OK that did it...I managed to roll my body around in the tub till I could get on my knees and hands and then put both hands on the lip getting into the tub and stand myself up...I WILL NEVER TAKE ANOTHER BATH ONLY SHOWERS!!! Oh and as soon as I got dried off, he got me my gown....the stomach virus that my grandkids had hit me like a bolt of lightning...so much for soaking my backside in the tub.....someday i shall write a book....my life has been like this for 25 years now....gettin' old ain't for sissys.....you are in my prayers :)

~Count your blessings instead of sheep~ (Bing Crosby) ~Nancy~
FARMGIRL #877
http://santabrigade.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2011 :  9:03:56 PM  Show Profile
Marsha I hope your laughing, I can't get my breath. Nancy I've gotten myself in those little problems before also. At the time it doesn't seem to funny, but afterwards it is. I'm just so glad to hear you came out of it ok. Hugs,Brenda

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2011 :  07:49:00 AM  Show Profile
ROFL.....Nancy, I'm so happy you're okay. I needed this today!!!! I'm so glad we can laugh with you, not at you.

My dh is from Bogata, South America. Even though he has lived here 40 years he still gets things turned around. If you've ever watched "I Love Lucy" and see how Ricky would confuse words and things, that's how my dh does sometimes.

Well, yesterday he took my grocery list and went to the store. I only eat organic and sometimes they run out of certain things because not too many buy it and we have to wait a day or two on the fresh stuff.

I needed eggs, chicken, butter and beans. Well, he comes home and is in the kitchen putting it away and we were talking about what to make for dinner and he notices in the little Ref. that his eggs are almost out. So, he had a whole dozen the week before he had asked me to cook up so they wouldn't go bad and make egg salad and potato salad with.

So, I did and he forgot he asked me. Well, his mind is on the eggs and then he starts telling me they were out of my whole egg again so he just got me chicken breasts!

Well, my daughter and I look at each other and start rolling with laughter and tears running down my face. I'm trying to catch my breath and all the funny things that remind me of a giant egg with a chicken in it come to mind. I'm trying to say the words to my dd and she is laughing and saying "what"?

Then, my dh realizes it is something he did again!!! And, starts laughing not even knowing what it was yet! Then, I catch my breath, wipe my face and say honey, they were out of my whole egg????? His face looked so surprised and then we laughed even harder!!!

I love that I married someone that keeps me in stitches with laughter!!!!

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

Red River Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

183 Posts

Nancy
Ardmore Oklahoma
USA
183 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2011 :  5:22:52 PM  Show Profile
Ha, love the whole egg/
...lol....Well today was my appointment with the doc that did the lower GI on me that I was telling you about, well I got there a few minuets early so decided since my heart doc is in the same building I would pop in and get my BP checked, I am so swelled up I look like I have been punched in the eyes and when I try to move my feet my ankles turn yellow so was concerned. I told them I was in a hurry because i had to go see....well I could'nt for the life of me remember his name or what he was called so I said....the ass man. I realized what just came out of my mouth and was so embarrassed..to many years of watching seinfeild. The desk clerk just looked at me and told me to have a seat...my BP was high...hmmmm wonder what brought THAT on....I leave, the heart doc is not there so I go to my next appointment, I FINALLY get called back and come to find out I have to have surgury with the (assman) on friday...great...he has to cut thru my colon muscles and remove the fisure. He said I may um...well....not be able to control gas afterwards. Great I tell him...soooooo NOW I WILL HAVE THE WALKING FARTS????? He busts out laughing and then says YES. Well now isn't that great.....I am feeling older by the minuet....

FARMGIRL #877
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2011 :  07:20:08 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh! You ladies have me Lol!! Making my am start out on a smile! Aaa, we have to chuckle some at our circumstances, dont we? I think it helps us get thru the days for sure! Well, I am doing ok. My kids, gkids, have had me in laughter every day! They took me out in their truck yesterday.......basically we went 4bying.....not at all sure how to write that! Now, this is a big, raised truck. So the lengths they went to get me in it, lol! Moved the truck so that it was by a raised area, then they used a ramp. My daughter helped me on it, my son in law was inside the truck. Between his pulling me up, my daughter pushing me in and my holding onto a handle in the truck and pulling up...,with some laughter, we got me in!! It was so much fun, and my son in law loves to scare me. So many times I was lol and screaming at the same time! Whats great? Ladies, I struggle with deep, deep fears. Have since my injury. It changed my life and how I am able to live. I felt more vulnerable, less in control of things, ya know? This journey, God is working on my fears. He has me so far out of my comfort zone! I am here also to take care of some legal house stuff as well. I am scared, but the things God is showing and teaching me? Well, I am kind of in awe! I do know for certain, that laughter is a great medicine for us tho and allows us to get thru a lot of our days. Blessings and prayers to each of you today! Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2011 :  07:45:38 AM  Show Profile
i am happy to hear from you linda, so glad you are having some laughs along the way. when are you heading home? i sure the legal stuff works out ok for you. a good sence of humor can be helpful for sure. all is good here, but a little tired and stressed over belle. so outside everyday with her now. today i am going to have to clean up the piles in the house. my barn always seems to be cleaner than the house.lol well i am glad all of us are hanging in there enjoying the days ahead of us. sending hugs. marsha how are you today? i need some watkins extracts. sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2011 :  08:06:13 AM  Show Profile
Sherrye, heading home prob the begining of May. Hope things will be ok with you. How did you fare with this last bout of storms? Really cold and rainy here the last couple days. Going to the house tomorrow to get things ready to get into storage. Hope everyone has a good day. Blessings, linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2011 :  11:20:24 AM  Show Profile
Hey Sisters! Linda, loved the story! I could picture the whole thing happening. Great fun! Keep it up. Laughter is the best medicine. I've been feeling better about my surgery since I've been laughing daily and reading all of these great stories!!!

Sherrye, I'll email you. Watkins just released new extracts in great flavors! Yum!!! And, a intro. sale price. Also, I give an extra 10% off.

I'm working on my living room table today. It's small thank goodness, but I sure can pile the projects all over it. I feel so much better when that table can stay clean and useable by the rest of the family!

I mopped the floors yesterday with the steam mop, so today it's the table. I got the last order done of my secret compartment books and can't wait to get more orders!

Then, I'm working on a wall quilt for a barter I did, so keeping busy is also a big plus for my poor nerves.

Ya'll have a great day!

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2011 :  12:57:52 PM  Show Profile
Nancy, your stories were awesome! Right behind ya on the age, fallin apart, and yesthe bath thing, lol! Oh, what crazy times that life brings us.

Marjean, when I get back to Ks, I too have to get going on denta work.My fear thing I talked about before? The dentisit is prob # 1 on my list! Praying for you! We may not be with you in person, but know that on the 1st you will be ever present in our thoughts and prayers!!

Have a good day to all of you ladies who post here!

Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2011 :  06:30:41 AM  Show Profile
hi girls, have been so busy i have not been here lately. so far so good here. big days so fast sleep too. i think the stress level here is better as belle gets better. what a relief it will be when she is well. feeling a little sick today. i bet your trip is wearing on you about now, linda. hoping it all goes well for you. i helped pack a foreclosed home yesterday. i was glad for the work. i am trying to pay for my new milk cow in idaho. i am gone again all day today. kinda hoping tomorrow will be my day for play. we shall see. hoping all is well for you farmgirls. happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Red River Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

183 Posts

Nancy
Ardmore Oklahoma
USA
183 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2011 :  09:17:36 AM  Show Profile
Well just wanting prayers today...I am having my colon surgury, my fissure won't go away and now my colon inside has spasms so they need to cut thru the colon muscles....so....now I will have the walking farts......ain't life grand ..........

FARMGIRL #877
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2011 :  09:52:21 AM  Show Profile
Prayers for you Nancy. That all goes well and back to normal!! Hugs,Brenda

Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2011 :  10:07:30 AM  Show Profile
Sending you all sunshine from Florida today! We are a pleasant 75 degrees and low humidity which is always a good things cause that means I can go outside.
Check out my garden on my blog and my Friday budget tip of the day.

Have a Happy and Blessed day!

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2011 :  5:01:28 PM  Show Profile
Nancy, let us know how you are doing?! Hi everyone. Hope all iswell wit all of you ladies.

Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2011 :  08:55:25 AM  Show Profile
Hi Dear Friends,
I survived my surgery, but feel weak and like I was beat from head to toe. Thank you for all the prayers and kind support.

It will take me a week or so to bounce back so I will be vegetating on the couch the rest of the week. I just don't feel good sitting up at the computer.

Love ya all,
Marsha

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  07:14:28 AM  Show Profile
so glad your doing good marsha. it appears that most of us are hanging together this week. sending hugs to you all. happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  07:23:07 AM  Show Profile
Ladies, today is suppose to be in the 70's. Possible storms this evening. But I'm going to try to get out in this nice weather for awhile. I do pray that all of you are doing well and can enjoy a beautiful day. Hugs,Brenda

Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  6:30:34 PM  Show Profile
Saying prayers for you Marsha!

~ Elaine
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi

embchicken.blospot.com

Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2011 :  07:11:02 AM  Show Profile
hey there, wondering how you are doing today marsha? hope you are healing fast. sending hugs and love sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  11:17:43 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies, hope all is going well. Nancy and Marsha, hope you are healing ok, day by day doing better.

Well, got things into storage yesterday. That is a bit of relief. one step at a time for certain.

Hope each of you are doing really well.

Hugs to all, Linda

www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  09:05:43 AM  Show Profile
Hey My Dear Friends,
I hope you all are holding on to life and staying well. Here's my update.

Well I went to the doc yesterday so she could see what all is running around in my body after the oral surgery. Well, I have radiation, bacteria, mercury, fungus on a list a mile long. When she printed out my results I felt like when you go to a good sale and they give you your receipt that is a mile long. lol

The good news is after we get all this stuff out of my system I will be feeling wonderful. I'm waiting for that day to come soon. Now, the next step is getting the mercury out of the other three teeth with new filings. That will be some time next month.

The only reaction I get to the lidocaine is shaking for 15 minutes.
So far no infection, I can open my mouth and no hole in my sinuses. Yippie! And, I ate a normal meal this a.m. didn't have to blend it up.
I found out the reason I was almost choking on the liquid food was my throat is swollen from all this junk being in my lymph glands. But on a good note, I'm sleeping the best I have in 6 years. All through the night. That is amazing. Just from getting rid of the mercury in one tooth.

Did you ladies enter my contest for April? All you have to do is follow my blog and refer others. If you get 5 you win a prize!!!!!
http://www.jeanpatch.blogspot.com

I did two trades Monday, one was all the way to Russia. If you make something and want to trade with me from my two esty shops just let me know.
I'm looking for Anniversary gifts for my dd, dh and dm.

Thanks so much for all your support!!!!!

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Chronic health problems/injuries Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page