Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Chronic health problems/injuries
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Chronic health problems/injuries Next Topic
Page: of 21

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  07:43:47 AM  Show Profile
Sending bright blue skys and waving green tree leaves to all who are bummed out by this winter weather! Wish you all were here enjoying this with me. I only live 40 minutes from the beach, come for a visit.

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
www.watkinsonline.com/rjaramillo
www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  06:39:31 AM  Show Profile
thanks marsha, beautiful. we are having some good days here. trying to get things done before rain. i think i now have the flu so slow going here. sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  08:14:18 AM  Show Profile
Greeting Farmgirls!
Hope you are all holding on to God, love, laughter and family during your ups and downs. Sherry I'm sending you prayers for a speedy recovery.

Kayla took her first solo drive to work today. Poor thing she had to take rescue remedy to calm her nerves. My dh and I were cheering her on. Our dear farmgirl friend Joanna and I were on the phone at the time and she cheered her too! So, she had lots of support today.

Blessings in your day!
Marsha

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  1:02:58 PM  Show Profile
Marsha thanks for the picture, It looks good to see green. It's raining really hard here, but I love the sound of rain. I'm in trouble, was out with mom all day yesterday, won't even talk about that. Let's just say I was REALLY hurting. Started cleaning today and moving a few things and I told Linda and I'm glad she was on the phone line, or I may have gotten a spanking!!!hahaha Better go for now, you all take good care. Hugs,Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  1:05:46 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon all! Hope all are doing well. A lot going on in my life right now and trying to hold on to God with all that I have! Life can be challenging for certain! So very grateful for my farmgirl sisters! Hugs! Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  1:12:52 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Ms Brenda, you are in trouble! Lol! Just be safe and careful ok?? Have a good evening everyone!

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Red River Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

183 Posts

Nancy
Ardmore Oklahoma
USA
183 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2011 :  11:29:33 AM  Show Profile
Well i had written out a long post to this and lost it on my computer...I haven't been on any posts for awhile but I need incouragment so am joing in on this one. I have recently been diagnosed with crippling RA. It came on like the flu but it just made my joints all hurt and be hot and swollen. I also was diagnosed with lumbar stenosis. I have it everywhere. All of my bones are thining and I have erosion in them all also. I already found out 2 years ago I have congestive heart failure and a birth defect of the heart that I never knew was there. I have valvular, vascular and hypertensive heart disease along with it. I have had to give up my 4 antique booths, my chickens, my gardening and my sewing. I am heart broken over no longer being able to do all the things I love. I just need your prayers.Nancy

~Count your blessings instead of sheep~ (Bing Crosby) ~Nancy~
SANTA BRIGADE
RED RIVER HENS
http://santabrigade.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2011 :  12:29:54 PM  Show Profile
Well Nancy, you are sure needing encouraging words for all your going through. I'm sure able to understand how you must be feeling. It takes time and support from friends and family and lots of prayer and reliance on God to give you endurance to make it through to the other side, which is acceptance of your new situation with limitations.

I suggest lots of funny movies and books. Keep friends around you that have a good sense of humor. Not the ones that are negative that will only make you more depressed.

Follow my blog, I'm putting fun things I'm doing around the house and you can enjoy the pictures and stories!

Write in a journal about what you can still do each day. If you crochet or knit or scrapbook, start getting friends to come over for an hour or what you can tolerate once a week or month and make things together. It really helps.

Sending you lots of hugs and good thoughts!
Marsha

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

Red River Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

183 Posts

Nancy
Ardmore Oklahoma
USA
183 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2011 :  3:01:56 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Marsha,
Just knowing others are out there helps. I think my entire family is in denial. I try to look up what I am diagnosed with and also see what the medicine is that they give me but no one wants to know, my mom tells me to quit looking up that stuff on the computer, she basically wants me to keep my head in the sand but I need to know.I want to know what I can do to make me better. My sons are the same, one thinks I should'nt take any medicine whatsoever. My heart doctor told me if I stop my heart pills I will die. I think both of my sisters have the same problems but they refuse to go to the doctor and they are the age my dad was when he died of his heart attack. I do have several friends, 3 that are RN's, they will talk to me about my problems and my church has been wonderful and even came out and built a ramp coming off the side of the cabin so I can use my walker or my scooter :) I have accepted it and am thankful for every day God gives me. To live is good but to die is gain. Being a Christian we should be happy no matter what, we KNOW there IS light at the end of our tunnels :) God Bless

FARMGIRL #877
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2011 :  4:54:16 PM  Show Profile
Nancy do you like reading? There are a few reading groups on the site. That helps me alot. Also meditation is really a help. If you can find someone to show you how to do Bio-feedback, it is wonderful. If I was there with you I would help you. Ask your doctor about it and maybe she can refer someone. Also there may be some support groups you could join in too. Prayers with you sister, that you can find something fun to ease your thoughts. Hugs,Brenda

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2011 :  6:43:35 PM  Show Profile
Nancy, we will be keeping you in thoughts and prayers. Any life changing health issue is a definite challenge. Reading may help, encourage and help to relax you. Would you be able to enjoy some simple embroidering? Maybe small container gardening that could be on a table within an easy reach for you? An easy container garden of some herbs? Know that all of us here understand and want to be of help and encouragement! Blessings, linda www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Red River Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

183 Posts

Nancy
Ardmore Oklahoma
USA
183 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2011 :  8:12:20 PM  Show Profile
Thank ya'll :) It feels good to talk about it. I do have beautiful african violets that stay in bloom year round. I always loved them because they remind me of my grnadmother which I called Nana so therefor my grandkids call me Nana :) I love to read, but my passion is antiquing :) I like to (window shop) so I go to ebay and enjoy looking at all that is out there. We have a fabric store here that has been there as long as I can remember and I got to be friends with the owners and they knew I was a (picker) this is before the RA and she told me I could have the giant sign up on top of the building if I could get it down! It was a singer light up sign from the 1950's and is 4 feet wide by 6 feet long and a foot in depth! HUGE. My boys got it down off that building for me and attached it to my barn for me so I can look out my cabin window and see it :)They are my hero's

FARMGIRL #877
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2011 :  04:27:34 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, I just went to your blog and it is wonderful. You have a perfect spot to live. Out there in God's country. It's a beautiful place to live and the best place to raise the grandkids. How long have you lived there, were your children brought up there also? It's got to be so peaceful and quiet. Thanks for sharing all the pic's. Hugs,Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Red River Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

183 Posts

Nancy
Ardmore Oklahoma
USA
183 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2011 :  5:35:25 PM  Show Profile
Thank you! It is peaceful out here :) I have been out here since my son's were 3 and 5 years old. They are now 30 and 32 :) We lived in the big barn house while the boys were growing up, after they left the nest we decided it was really too big a house and we never even used the upstairs so my oldest son which had just had a baby decided to take that house and since my family heart history was so bad me and my late husband of 29 years built the little log cabin behind them by the pond. That way if something happened to me they could take care of him. He lived in it for 2 years and then passed away with a heart attack. I later remarried and now Robert loves the cabin too and thinks the grandkids are his whole world. I have been blessed by 2 wonderful husbands. I wanted to put a claus in our wedding vows that said I DIE FIRST THIS TIME!!We all love it out here, very peaceful, i got in my victory scooter and rode it today and LOVE it! My mom does too and now she wants one. lol....

FARMGIRL #877
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  07:21:03 AM  Show Profile
wow wow wow is what i say. saw your pics. i love the window in a pic makes. it looks wonderful. when i first was set back by my illness it was very hard to accept. i read and used the book--simple abundance. a daily writing of positive thoughts to help you stay up beat. oprah recommended it tears ago. i really enjoyed the book. i learned it was not who i was that was different, just what and how i did things. looks like you have LOTS of love and help. i have found slowing down to now be ok for me.those fine grandkids a log cabin to live in gorgeous land. i see you sew already. i am sorry for your loss of other activities. it looks like you are still a busy girl. my thought is you need a big hug and a love. i am sending it to you now. the dark days are HARD. they do pass. your sun will come up tomorrow. this is a fine place to have support. we truly do know your loss and sadness. the good thing is the sadness comes and goes. so we have the good days. we have a saying here Any day above ground is a good day. things always change. i am hoping when you read this you will already be feeling better. God does love us and knows ur pain. I send a prayer for you too.my hope happy days ahead for you sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  07:55:17 AM  Show Profile
First of all, a very Happy Birthday, to our Marsha! Have a great day today! Sherrye, so beautifully put!! I think time does allow us to begin to move forward. The dark days still come, but we begin to reach out more and lean on God and friends to guide and help us thru! Time also allows us to find new ways that work with our physical limitations to enjoy some of the things we used to. Or to find new things that can be enjoyed and adjust with our new physical limitations. I have to use a wheelchair and/or the motorized carts at large places, including stores. I hated it at first, and cant say I am loving it now, but it is needed and allows me a freedom. I think each of us here has had to find a 'new normal'. It takes time to adjust, but you will find days that are easier and will grant you a light at the end of that tunnel. Ladies, hope everyone has a good day today! Blessings, linda www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  10:47:30 AM  Show Profile
Well, it's a good thing when you don't feel any older. But, my body is speaking up about that today.
Nancy you have a lovely place in the woods. What does the wood smell like? I had a cedar room on my back porch years ago, but the ants kept coming in so my dh had to tear it down.

When I was a teenager I lived in the woods on 10 acres. It was so peaceful and I loved to explore the neighborhood with the kids that lived out there too. We had horses and chickens and rabbits.

Hope Sherry, Linda and Brenda you are all spry and chiper this brisk Monday! Just when we thought the heat was here to stay it dropped down to the 60's today. Now just as long as it doesn't freeze again my garden will be okay.

I'm going in for a bunch of tests for PAD, aorta in abdomen and legs. I'll let you know when I do and what they find. Crazy pain just won't go away.

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

Red River Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

183 Posts

Nancy
Ardmore Oklahoma
USA
183 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  4:35:39 PM  Show Profile
Ya'll are so wonderful :) I can't even begin to tell you how much you have already encouraged me. I actually made one curtain today, plain but I did it :) Putting it up was well not easy. I could get on the bed but I had to get on my knees to be where I could hang it then one of the little ends fell off the rod and it rolled to my foot behind me, I tried to reach for it and my legs went into cramps...you would be amazed that even as bad as you hurt you can still move fairly fast..I managed to pull myself up with the wrought iron headboard so I went ahead, and hung the curtain then I thought...now how do I get down???? Well I have a handicap pole that goes to the ceiling so I just took hold of it and tried to lower myself...yea right and ploped on my hind end on the bed...I then scooted to the very edge and pulled myself to the ground with the pole....I was worn smooth out by the time I got it done but I accomplished something Love you all, prayers and hugs, Nancy

FARMGIRL #877
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  7:12:57 PM  Show Profile
Nancy please be careful. And Marsha Happy Birthday! Hope everyone is doing good. Marsha be sure and let us know how the test goes. Hugs,Brenda

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2011 :  09:38:40 AM  Show Profile
Ladies, I am FINALLY making my trip home to the west coast. Will still be checking in here tho for certain! Would appreciate your prayers and good thoughts. The train is a 24hr trip and I am nervous about so much, not the least of which is pain. I am in a handicapped section and the porters help us quite a bit.

I have a lot of business stuff to take care of at home that may not be fun either. Hopefully when all is said and done, I will be returning home here to a much more calm mind and more at peace, having gotten things settled at home there!!

Hope all of you are doing ok and the days for you are going well.

Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2011 :  6:23:56 PM  Show Profile
My prayers are with you on your journey, praying that you have peace of mind and that the good lord guides you in your decisions.
And that your pain is manageable during your travels.
Connie

LULU
farmgirl sister #1369
"Scattered Prairie Gals" chapter

Take care and write soon.
When you wish upon a star...Jiminy Cricket
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2011 :  06:46:45 AM  Show Profile
take care and have a successful trip my friend sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

foreverbooks
True Blue Farmgirl

514 Posts

Carole
Tombstone AZ
USA
514 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2011 :  07:11:11 AM  Show Profile
Linda,

May the Divine be with you during this journey!

Carole
Arizona Farmgirl Sister #2556
Go to Top of Page

Red River Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

183 Posts

Nancy
Ardmore Oklahoma
USA
183 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2011 :  09:05:12 AM  Show Profile
Please be safe on your trip Linda. I have always wanted to travel by train but never had the chance but 24 hours? Whew that is a long trip! I don't know if you are able to get up any but I SURE would wear the circulation hose. My friend from England that use to come and stay a week with me every year used to wear them for her 10 hour airplane flight. Yesterday me and mom went and picked out some pretty flowers and I managed to get them planted but whew today I am paying for it! It did set in a chair since they were going in pots but What i did wrrong is go to my favorite picker plave and get some heavy items which they loaded in the truck for me but I was determined to unload them! NOT SMART!

FARMGIRL #877
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2011 :  09:43:21 AM  Show Profile
Wow! Linda what an exciting time a train ride! My friends went from Md to Arizona which was quite the experience. I'm glad you are in the hadicap section. Think happy thoughts! I'll be thinking of you and wishing you a safe and happy trip.

Got all my tests done for the week, now just the waiting game for the results to get back to my doctor. We are checking the thyroid, a new blood test for Lyme, PAD and more.

When they were testing the legs, my left one was not good she had a time just finding the pulse. You could hear on the sonogram how the blood flows and on the right leg it was good and strong, but on the left very faint and weaker sounding. So, it will be interesting to see what the report turns out to be.

But, I'm in good spirits again and am looking forward to a nice cool weekend. My seeds are growing and the sky is blue and sunny today.

I hope all you ladies are well and keep that positive attitude feed with happy thoughts. Have a great day and weekend!

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Chronic health problems/injuries Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page