Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Chronic health problems/injuries
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Chronic health problems/injuries Next Topic
Page: of 21

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2011 :  9:36:04 PM  Show Profile
Hey girls, I'm almost through with my PT and I can now walk across the room without the aid of my walker. Just not brave enough to go without outside yet. I can only straighten my knee to a 7, 0 is the goal, but I have drawn up my knees for over 17 years so I have a ways to go on that. I can bend my knee to 105 on my own and we get to 110 with the therpist's help. So I'm still working on that also. I will go back to the knee doctor next week, so maybe he will let me drive before long. And I have no pain to speak of, like I had before. Still have some pain in my left knee but nothing I can't handle. I won't even consider any surgery on the left one until the right one is completely healed.
I'm praying for each of you to over come your problems and injuries and please keep me in your prayers. All things are possible through prayer.
Connie

LULU
farmgirl sister #1369
"Scattered Prairie Gals" chapter

Take care and write soon.
When you wish upon a star...Jiminy Cricket
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  03:50:34 AM  Show Profile
Connie its so good to hear that you are doing so well. You are in my thoughts and prayers always. Keep us informed to all the improvements. Hugs, Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  06:46:25 AM  Show Profile
Connie, great news that you shared!! We will be keeping you in prayer. Continue on the mend!

Blessings, Linda

http://www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

phonelady
True Blue Farmgirl

323 Posts

Carla
Loveland Colorado
323 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  8:21:44 PM  Show Profile
Good for you Connie!
Keep on Truckin'!
Carla

It's not just life-
It's an adventure!

http://familyhistoryfindings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2011 :  06:23:33 AM  Show Profile
so glad your doing better. my friend just had surgery for her ankle. she fell onto a dog bowl it cut her tendon clear through. she is home now. very scary. so glad your up and walking. hoping everyone is doing good today. happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2011 :  4:38:33 PM  Show Profile
Hey Gals,
It's been crazy weather here as usual. From near 80's back to 60's and rain and humid then cold. Today it went from 70's this a.m. to 50's in the afternoon after some rain. What a jump.

Hope you all are well and warm. Connie, so glad you're on the mend. Keep up the good work. Sending warm hugs to the rest of you gals, my thoughts and prayers are with you all!

I'm working on my altered books for the museum gift shop. The interview went well and I'm taking back several of the books next month for their consideration. If they don't buy them all first before the public even gets a chance to see them. lol
They are really after my secret compartment books. It looks like any ordinary book until you open it up and the pages don't turn. Then when you look on the side you see little drawers and once you open them a big surprise! You can put any little treasures away from snooping eyes and hands!
I'm having lots of fun making them. A long overdue project. Keeping busy with family and life!

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
www.watkinsonline.com/rjaramillo
www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2011 :  06:09:58 AM  Show Profile
Marsha, one of my daughter's does altered books! Makes them as memory books for family and friends. They are so very special and fun! Enjoy what you are doing. Sounds like yu have been pretty busy. Take care everyone! Hope it is a good day for each of you.

Blessings, Linda

http://www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2011 :  06:35:33 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning everyone! We've got snow coming in again this evening and tomorrow. I wish I knew how to post a pic, I'd show you all the snow piled up in front of my yard. I feel like I'm living in a igloo! I do hope that everyone is doing better, take care and be careful in the snow. I need to get some things done here this weekend and then will be keeping an eye on my grandkids for a week. Mommy and daddy are going on a cruise. So will have to find sometime in between to rest. So better get with it or the weekend will be gone. Hugs, Brenda Marsha your altered books sound wonderful, can you send us a pic so we can see what they look like.

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  06:41:30 AM  Show Profile
howdy to you all this am. life has been a bit challenging these last few weeks. sure wish papa could get a few weeks of work in. we have no idea when any is going to come up. this time of year things are slow. i too would like to see the altered books. sounds pretty cool. marsha brenda connie linda how are you all doing? i have not seen marsha post much lately. i am hoping things are going ok on your house modification. sending hugs to all. happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  1:44:26 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon everyone!! First off..... a Hearty Congratulations to our Brenda for being the Feb Farmgirl of the Month!! Well done!!!
Hope everyone in the snow laden areas is doing ok. It has been a crazy snow winter for so many this winter season. Hope everyone is doing ok. Connie and Kathy, hope you are mending and feeling better everyday. Marsha, Sherrye, hope things are going well. Prayers and good thoughts for each of you that have posted on this thru the past many months. Hope life is treating everyone ok? Have a good day, ladies!
Blessings, Linda

www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2011 :  09:24:22 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning everyone! DH and I are staying with grandkids this week. Still have 4 days to go. We are having fun, but boy oh boy, I told DH that Gods is telling me, Now this is why you didn't need another baby. I have always thought we would have enjoyed one of our own. Since this is second marrage. But I see why now!!!!! They live in a 4 story home and the kids are 17 and 11. Can take care of themselves, but to be snowed in with 2 that are used to going and being busy~~~~Well I think you all can picture it!!! We play ALOT of games and I've baked just about everything that could be baked. Making Banana Bread today. Let the little one spend the night with a friend and DH and I ran over here to our house for a break and left the 17 year old home at peace by his self. He's fixing dinner tonight. Potatoe Soup. YUM YUM! That will surely feel good to the tummy. But I must add, all the stairs is just about to get to me. I had turned wrong with my right knee just before going over and you should see me taking those steps. One leg at a time, takes forever to get from the bottom to the top. hahaha But DD and SIL are having a wonderful time. But will be happy to see them. Hope this finds all doing well. Check back in when I get a break! HAHAHA Hugs, Brenda

Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2011 :  12:04:41 PM  Show Profile
Taking a break from my altered books and crocheting. I've been under the weather off and on for the last three months. So, just when I get to feeling better, I get the virus back. Same thing with my dh and now my dd came home from work sick yesterday.

We've been having controled burns and all that smoke weakens the immune system not to mention it's flu and cold season.

My DH is cutting the pages out of the book. A very slow process. So when he gets that one finished I'll post the picture. He is taking a nap right now, been working 4 a.m. to 6 p.m. the last two weeks.

He dusted the ceiling in the living room and kitchen today for me and the ceiling fans. I happened to look up and saw moving dust bunnies. lol We have 15 foot ceilings so you don't tend to look up at them very often.

I'm enjoying reading your posts and hope you all are doing well and staying away from these illnesses.

Check out my contest for Feb. just for leaving a comment on my facebook page under "market place" section. Hope you'll all enter. It will be fun to see all the comments.http://www.maryjanesfarm.com/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=46972

Have a blessed and happy day!

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150

Edited by - marjean on Feb 05 2011 12:06:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2011 :  11:03:47 AM  Show Profile
I'm so excited with the secret compartment book. It turned out wonderful and beautiful. Here is the inside picture. I'll have four available by the end of the month. $20.00 which includes shipping.

I can't wait to go back to the book store and buy more large books.

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  08:32:40 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Farm Friends!

I hope you are all doing great today! Loving the cooler temps today. Low 60's. I'm offering my altered books to farmgirls on sale this month to get me started with excitment. Buy one get one free! You pick either a secret compartment or secret drawer book.

I'm still working on the larger altered book with pockets and tons of embellishments. That one I'm saving for the museum gift shop. I have to have one of each for their consideration.

Keep warm and happy! Hugs to you all!

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  2:17:52 PM  Show Profile
You gals must be hibernating for the winter. I havn't seen you on this thread in weeks. Is everyone okay? Check in and let us know how you are doing.

I went in for the blood test today for the newest in Lyme testing. I'll have the results next week. My doctor did the draw and wow was she ever good. I didn't feel a thing except the awful pain from the band she tied around my skinny little arm. lol

She definetly gets a gift certificate my next appt. That test costs $800.00 and I got it free!!!!

And, I drove my Mom and I home, a thirty minute drive. I havn't driven that far in over 2 years. For that matter more than around the block. My poor little brain held up under all the stimulation. Yippie!

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  2:42:34 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone, I'm doing so good with my knee, I can even walk around inside without my cane. Need to work on my balance, but I'm improving every day. Thanks for all the kind thoughts and prayers from everyone they sure are helping me.
Brenda congrats on being farmgirl of the month. I hope you and Tom have survived the grandkids. I was envious of the banana bread.
Linda, Kathy, Marjean,Sherrye and Marsha I hope you are all doing well and having a good day.
Connie

LULU
farmgirl sister #1369
"Scattered Prairie Gals" chapter

Take care and write soon.
When you wish upon a star...Jiminy Cricket

Edited by - lulu on Feb 15 2011 2:44:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  10:22:06 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!! It has just been a bit crazy. Got snowbound out here for a bit and just used the time to completely rest my leg/ankle. Now I am trying to do a bit each day of cleaning and straightening up! I hope everyone is doing good. Connie, sooo glad to hear how well you are healing. Keep it up
Marsha, let us know how your tests come out ok?

Hope everyone is doing well. thinking of you all!

Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  11:46:12 AM  Show Profile
Hey Farm Friends,
So glad to hear from you. That's great Connie, keep up the good work. Linda, I know lots of places are getting hit hard this year with snow. At least you could put the time to good use, resting up is always good for the soul.
Can't wait to hear from Brenda and Sherry.

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2011 :  06:42:55 AM  Show Profile
howdy sisters, well i am back on line. we had lots of snow fats. it put power lines down. we lost phone electri internet water gads. well up and running again. so glad to be back on. happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2011 :  08:55:34 AM  Show Profile
You're back! Sherry so glad to find out you are ok. I was worried it was your health or a family member. Whew! I can just see all that snow piled up. I am looking forward to when I can play in it again.

Have you gals been over to my new store on my website. It opened yesterday! I have an incentive going on for new customers who sign up and new vendors to sell their products.

When you get to the home page scroll down and click on the General Store to see our wares and to register as a member! Look up at the top right of the page.

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2011 :  7:21:31 PM  Show Profile
Marsha, hope to check it out tomorrow!! Glad to hear how everyone is doing. thankfully our snow has melted. It has been warm and springlike. Take care all!

Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  07:14:25 AM  Show Profile
its so good to hear everyone is getting through this difficult season. connie its great to know how fast your healing up. linda i hope you do not over do now. marsha how have you been feeling lately sounds like getting your site up was a big job. i stopped by it is looking really good. i feel a little down today. there have been so many days of dark clouds snow and uncertainty. i am surprised how fast this economy fell when the whole popped. there is so very much to be grateful for. i know this in my heart and soul and breaths i take. yet the last few days doom is what i feel part of the day. i am a controlling person. of course i cannot control this so i think it frustrates me. in my heart i know Jah has his plan and loves me enough to include me. yet i never feel i do enough for Him. it takes so very much time just to live the day now. it feels good that i can come here and share with sisters who know how i feel. it will pass i know. its probably all the dark days here too. anyway so glad to be up and doing again. sending hugs love and a smile to my farmgirl friends happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2011 :  5:47:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!! Goodness, it has been a long winter for so many! Lets hope that spring is around the corner soon! Hope all are doing well. Marsha, I hope to get a look at your site this week. Take care everyone!

Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2011 :  6:16:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone, I've not been here for awhile.This has been a bad week for me, mentally. I so need to find a job, but I know there is so many I can't do, because of my health. I just get depressed trying to make ends meet. I think also the weather is starting to get to me. You know when for no reason, out of blue, you find yourself crying and have no idea why???? Thats been me off and on this week. But had a fun talk with Linda and my son today and have laughed my head off. Tomorrow is a new day and need to move on. Hope this finds you all doing well. Will be back to check in. Hugs,Brenda

Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  07:06:07 AM  Show Profile
hi brenda, sorry your feeling down. i sure know how it can be. i have had some low days too. marsha called and left me a loving message the other day. thanks marsha for the encouragement. then linda checked to see how i was. i felt very loved. i think the season has been long and so some of us are feeling low.i know this too will pass. so ready for planting and working in the warm sun. sending hugs to you and love and a prayer brenda. hanging in there sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Chronic health problems/injuries Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page