Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Chronic health problems/injuries
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Chronic health problems/injuries Next Topic
Page: of 21

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2010 :  1:07:06 PM  Show Profile
Brenda,

Your blog is beautiful. your words are well chosen and your message is uplifting. I always try to look at the bright side and I have found that most women I have met who deal with chronic pain also tend to downplay their situation. Isn't it funny that those who are truly suffering can so often give the most to others in need? Promise to visit you blog often!
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2010 :  8:13:22 PM  Show Profile
Marianne, go to the blog and sign on as a follower and please leave a comment on the different post. We are having a party and giveaway. Those who sign as a follower will be in the drawing. Hope to see you there. Marianne, when you live with the chronic pain for years, you have to downplay the pain. It's there everyday as soon as you wake up and many times during the night. But we just can't let it stop us from living our life. It could be easy, but not good for our well being. There are days that I get angry and so tired of it. But I was reading in my Purpose Driven Life book that God uses your weakness to help others. It's good to tell others they are not alone and they have a friend in me. We will work through all the twist and turns together, helping with suggestions and prayer's. Doing alot of phyical help for others is hard as I've found helping my mom out. But I'm a good listener, share my love of God and pray. I have a strong shoulder you can lean on and I'll be there in anyway I can. So there are good things I can do. So I pick myself up on those tough days and talk to my support group and try to tackle something new. I'm so happy that you enjoyed our blog. Linda also struggles with chronic pain and we do alot of bible study's by email and phone calls. And we just wanted a place where others could come and know that we are not perfect and never will be. But we are trying our best, trip and start over to be the ladies the Lord wants us to be. I am finding out that it is an everyday process and work and commentment. Thank you for joining us. Can't wait to get to know you better. Didn't mean to go on so, just trying to encourage others not to give up, with God all will work out. Hugs, Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2010 :  4:57:43 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies, it has been a bit chaotic for me lately. How is everyone? Hello and welcome to Marianne. Thank you to all who checked out Brenda's and my blog. We are learning it all a step at a time!! Hope everyone is having pretty good days. Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2010 :  06:47:21 AM  Show Profile
hey there grannies, i just got signed up on your blog. selbek is my user name there. happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2010 :  07:03:41 AM  Show Profile
Oh Sherry I'm so happy that you signed up on our blog. Be sure to leave us a comment on any of the posts and let us know what we could do to improve it more or add other interest along side of our love of God. Hugs,Brenda

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2010 :  07:21:54 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone! Connie, let us know what the doc says about your surgery! Marsha, how are you doing? Thank you to all who are checking out our blog. Leave a comment and join in! We are having a 'party' giveaway. Have a good day ladies! Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2010 :  11:59:57 AM  Show Profile
Just checkin in to see how everyone is doing? Blessings, Linda

http://www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2010 :  1:02:01 PM  Show Profile
Checking in, you girls are on my mind. Yes Connie we are waiting patiently to hear what the doctor said. Have a good weekend girls. Hugs, Brenda

Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2010 :  2:26:01 PM  Show Profile
I went to heart doctorFriday and good news, he has ok'ed knee surgery. I have an appt on next Wednesday to do a couple more tests that knee doctor needs before surgery. As soon as I get home from the doctor on wednesday I will call and schedule the day for knee surgery.
So now I'm trying to get all the swaps I'm involved in done and mailed off. I won't be able to drive for 6-8 weeks so I'm trying to make a list of things I will need during that time, I'll be able to make some of the things for Christmas.
Brenda, on the coaster craft please go over the steps for me as my mind is about that long and I want to make some for Christmas. Take care ladies and keep me in your prayers and know you will all be in mine.
Connie

LULU
farmgirl sister #1369
"Scattered Prairie Gals" chapter

Take care and write soon.
When you wish upon a star...Jiminy Cricket
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2010 :  5:05:20 PM  Show Profile
Oh Connie, Bless your little heart! I will be praying for a speedy recovery. Will get my circles measured tomorrow and send you the instructions. So happy for you that you past the test with heart dr. Hugs, Brenda

Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2010 :  06:50:23 AM  Show Profile
marsha i would love the crock pot bread recipe. never heard of it before. happy days sherrye where are you girl?????

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2010 :  07:46:01 AM  Show Profile
I'm here, I'm here!!!! Between keeping my husband from having a heart attack over this crazy mortgage situation and my niece moving back in things are a little challenging these days!

But, yesterday's talk and Watchtower study picked us both up and my dd and dh went to a friends graduation party and had a great time visiting with old friends. I know when you are the one that has the responsibility to support your family and with a wife with ill health you worry even more. I keep reminding him of Jesus reassuring words that as long as we put first God's kingdom and are doing his will he will not leave us and will provide for our needs. And, we both have seen his hand in my case and others lives as well.

A friend of ours that is a full time volunteer in the preaching work that we do had lost her job a year ago and was collecting unemployment. Her dh is self-employed and you know how that can be work this week and none the next so he was praying and hoping things would pick up. Well, she was praying that if it would not interfer with her volunteer schedule and that she could keep up with all her Bible students that she could take on a part-time job again making $18.00 an hour two days a week.

Well, she had to put out applications to comply with the unemployment requirements and her last place she applied for called her in for an interview. Of course she prayed before she went asking God for the same requirements she'd been asking him for. Well, they said we'll call you after we review all the applications. Two days later they called her back in the office and told her that for some reason her application stood out to them even though others were more qualified than she was for the position. They asked her why she only wanted the two days a week so she explained she was in the volunteer Bible study work and could only spare two days a week so her service to her students would not suffer. They were impressed with her commitment to them.
Then they asked how much she wanted an hour she said a quick prayer and told them $15.00 an hour. They said we'll give you $17.50 how's that? She almost cryed. Jehovah had answered her prayer in a big way. Then they said after the first of the year they'll give her a dollar raise. So, we know our great God will not leave us and always takes care of those that serve him out of a pure heart!

Thought you'd like that experience, it sure lifted my spirits. I'll keep you posted on our mortgage situation. I sent a letter to our state senator and he is looking into the matter for us. So, I think they will sit up and take notice of their inquiries. I'm a true blue farmgirl. I put my mind to something and plow through to see the right end result come about.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and enjoys this great weather!

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
www.watkinsonline.com/rjaramillo
www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2010 :  07:57:35 AM  Show Profile
My gluten free recipes are on this thread subscribe so you don't miss them.
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=44322&whichpage=2

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2010 :  12:03:28 PM  Show Profile
Marsha, know that we are praying for you! Loved your story! Christ is so good to us even tho we may not deserve His grace. I make so many mistakes and I anm so thankful that He is there to lift me up and see me thru!! Did you get my mail ok for the coffee pot? Take care everybody. Connie, so glad, know that you want to get this surgery done!! Stay in touch everyone! Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2010 :  1:16:51 PM  Show Profile
Ok Girls,
I went in for my last test and then I called the knee doctors office. I'm scheduled for surgery on December 16th to have a total knee replacement on my right knee. I'm still feeling great about having this done, I'm so in hopes that this will relieve some of the pain that I experience on a daily basis. If all goes well (and I know it will) the second knee will be done in a few months. But one step at a time, please keep me in your prayers. And know you are all in my thoughts and prayers.
Connie

LULU
farmgirl sister #1369

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2010 :  3:59:26 PM  Show Profile
Connie I've marked the calendar!! I know you want to get this done and get back to the young lady that you are. You most certainly will be in my prayers sister. I'm so glad that all the test came back good. Will be thinking of you. Hugs, Brenda

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  05:29:09 AM  Show Profile
Connie, know that you will be in our prayers!!! Take care and keep letting us know how you are!! Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  08:01:14 AM  Show Profile
Hey Ladies,
Hope you are all having a great Saturday! It is cloudy here but cooler so we'll take it! Connie, I know your surgery will be just fine. Would you mind sending me your address so I can send you an after surgery package?
Linda, thank you I got the letter and check for the coffee pot. Getting it ready to go out Monday.
Brenda and Sherry, hope you are both well and keeping busy.
I sent letters to our state Senator and he is in contact with the agency's involved in our situation and it has put a fire under them now. We are being treated so much better so we are just waiting for the official answer and I'll let you know as soon as we find out.
I'm truly greatful for all the help you sent me Sherry, it has helped us so much.
My DH is going to aux. pioneer for a year after all is said and done. I told him I will join him with my letter writing. That made me so happy and thankful to Jah for all his help and giving me back my peace of mind.

Have you ladies checked out the shop hop for November on my website? You get a free gift with every purchase. Ten days left for this months specials.
Our two new shops need some sales if you could check them out I'd greatly appreciate you help.
www.planetearthremedies.blogspot.com
and
www.ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Have a great weekend!!!

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150

Edited by - marjean on Nov 20 2010 1:36:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  10:46:40 AM  Show Profile
I may have a set back, my doctor called last night to tell me I have a bladder infection and I will need to take an antibiotic to get it cleared up. This may set back the surgery for awhile, the knee doctor won't operate while I have an infection. I'm in hopes that it will get cleared up and I'll be back on tract.
Connie

LULU
farmgirl sister #1369

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  12:40:52 PM  Show Profile
Oh goodness Connie! We sure will be praying for that. I know how much you want to get the surgery done. Waiting can often be so hard. Keep us posted and hope that you get everything situated. Yogurt and cranberry tabs help a lot with this too!! Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  12:09:39 PM  Show Profile
Oh Connie, so sorry about the infection. I do know that the cranberry juice will help.Please keep us posted on how it's all going. Hugs, Brenda

Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  10:06:23 AM  Show Profile
We are up to our ears reorganizing the house for my niece to move back in with us. What fun! I go Monday to renew my driver's license and have my first appt. with SS to reapply for the SSI payments. Just a note to tell you, letters to your state Senator really makes the difference. I've had two phone calls from two seperate employees making sure I know what to do this time around. They are really jumping!

Hope you ladies are all doing well today and have a great rest of your Tuesday in peace.

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2010 :  1:10:05 PM  Show Profile
Marsha, that is great!! The whole mortage stuff is quite the scam. It is pretty frustrating. I become more and more anti corporate type stuff!! Hang in there! Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2010 :  1:28:34 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies, I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Well I guess what don't kill ya will cure ya,lol I was on the antibiotic for the bladder infection, well turns out I'm allergic to it. I itch so bad, now I'm taking benyadril for the itch. I'm going back to the doctor on Monday.
Connie

LULU
farmgirl sister #1369

Edited by - lulu on Nov 26 2010 1:29:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2010 :  2:31:42 PM  Show Profile
Oh Connie I'm so sorry to hear the antibiotic didn't work. Hang in there girlfriend, it will soon pass also. Keep in touch so we know how it's all going. Praying for you!! Hugs, Brenda

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Chronic health problems/injuries Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page