Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Chronic health problems/injuries
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Chronic health problems/injuries Next Topic
Page: of 21

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2010 :  07:03:49 AM  Show Profile
good morning, wondering how you all are today? brenda how are you and mom doing? is she home yet with you? at her age if you qualify there are services that may be able to help you at home. then too like marsha said, the easy lift is a great help. so hoping you are ok today. i was also thinking,,, now this is just a thought. but here in oregon the state will pay a family member to care for a mother or father in need. could you possibly have that where you are? the pay is more than you would have other wise. may help out the income issue too. combininb households could help in some ways. just a thought. we had my mom 11 years with us. her income was a true help at times. just throwing ideas out there. i know its just plain hard though too. sending support and hugs and love out to you.
we have had a lot of volunteer help here lately. for us it is a strange thing. we are usually the folks who go help others. well i met a couple at a plant nursery. they are very nice with one son. they want to learn farm stuff. they have 40 acres. larry the fellow said his father never taught him yo work. so he comes and papa shows him how to dig a post hole. he digs 11 for us. now he came last night and pounded 26 T posts in. FREE FREE FREE work. i tried to give eggs milk meat something. NO they did it for us for free. they said there is a whole movement of young folks edging in on the old hippie movement. they want to live off the land eat local. he said they would come and work here to learn. they want to know what we know about organics etc. he is bringing more folks to learn and help. maybe there is something like that going on where you are. where ever that may be. at my age and disabilities this is truly a Gos send. happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2010 :  08:03:19 AM  Show Profile
Ladies I just don't know where to begin. First off I do care about how my mother is doing and her safely. But they released her yesterday, insurance will not pay for anymore time. Doctor highly recommended she go into rehab before she goes home. She flat out told them NO. I have a older brother that will not help me, refused to when my daddy was here. I told mom that I couldn't do any of the lifting and moving of her. That I'd keep everything done at the house so she can live there, but that we'd have to have help. Social worker tried to keep telling her that her safety at the rehab was going to be so much more. She threw a fit and started being really mean and rude. Yelling and saying horrible things to my husband. I got up and left the room. I have dealt with this kind of behavior all my life. And the things she said to me just killed something inside of me. When she continued to yell at Tom I told him I was going home. So we walked out. I called social worker to tell her that we were still there and to let me know what was to be. She said she had no choice but to let her go home. I said then mom will have to find a way, they said they would call a taxi. It is something I had ever done.Everyone has always done as they were told. This is a situation where she doesn't and won't listen to reason. And the Lord and I have been in conversation for a long time over all this type of thing. I do pray that in Gods eyes I have made him look upon me with anger. I know that he knows all that I have done and would still if she could give over control of some things. I do believe he knows I love and care for her and pray for her safety. Yet she refuses to ever be around my DH. You have to understand my DH is the most gentle loving person I've ever known. And he has given her his all. No matter when or what she wanted or needed, he was there for her. I can't just sit here and except the way she is doing him. I know the are those that feel its just her age. But I think you can age gracefully too. She never has been and I don't see it in the furture. I appreciate all your prayers and concerns and still need them, if at this point you feel that I don't deserve it and I would understand. I'm not trying to put you in a difficult situation, just wanting to share what I'm going through right now. I do pray all of you have a good day! Hugs, Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2010 :  10:16:36 AM  Show Profile
Well, my goodness Brenda, it is sad to see older ones act like that. You can go to court and have declared incompitent so you can get power of attorney and put her in rehab. Most judges will back the family member trying to help. If you don't have any other family to go against you then you should call a lawyer about that.
I don't know about in your state but elderly neglect can also come into play, but as long as you are in touch with the social worker and they have seen her behavior you are safe.
I took care of a non-relative in my home and had to put her in an assisted living facility with her nieces, and nephews support. they all lived out of state and I took care of her in her home until she could no longer and brought her to mine then to the alf.
Wow! what an experience that was I can tell you. But, this is what I would tell her when she would yell at me.
I sat right in front of her and said: I will not allow you to treat me this way and talk to my family this way. If you want my help and want my respect then you will have to stop acting like this. Understood? She did and after that I never had a minutes trouble. Even when we went to the alf, she just cryed a little and then signed the papers and I left. Even though she was not related to me it hurt me to do that. She had no kids.
Anyway, just letting you know I completely understand the issue. I had my Uncle living with me for four years and he is deaf and has mental illness, when he got to hard to handle I called the hospital and off he went to a deaf facility in St. Pete.
I prayed first for the strength to tell him and asked for God's help that he not get violent with me, he had a history of that, but he understood and went quietly and again it was hard to do but was the best thing for me and my family at the time.
So don't feel bad for defending your rights against your Mother, once they know you won't let them treat you like that and if you are the only one to help them they come around.
Out of four kids I'm the only one that helps my Mother. It was rough going at the start but now she understands where I stand and that I won't be pushed around anymore.
You're in my prayers that you can do the right thing for both of you.
Hoping my Sherry and Linda and Annika are all well today.
Getting lots of rain here. My squash is growing, yeah! Trying this garden out again.

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
www.watkinsonline.com/rjaramillo
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2010 :  08:10:33 AM  Show Profile
my heart goes out to you brenda. it truly does. when mom came here is was sooo very hard. i felt i had a christian obligation to care for her. i also had promised my dad i would never put her in a home of ANY kind. i had made that promise when i was 18. little did i know how hard that promise was going to be to keep.my situation is different than yours. if i had felt my promise did not need to be kept i would have quickly put her in a home or assisted living.there are nice places out there these days. no one can walk your walk or even suggest truly what will work for you all. i remember times in posts in the past where you said she did not like your fine husband.negative influence daily is like dripping water. so my heart goes out to you my sister. i shall pray you find an answer that will bring peace to the situation. folks used to say talk to your mom and maybe she will change. i am here to say young folks do not want to change. why would an 80 year old woman want to. plus honestly as you have said before she does not make sense being that grumpy.maybe she needs a pill.lol sorry i had to say it. if you did have power of atty you would at least have more options open. never would i want you to think your choices are wrong. never do i or us know really what another farmgirl is going through. i am so glad you have linda also. so i send love support hugs and kisses and prayers your way. what ever you choose to do will be what is best for you and mom and hubby. sincerely sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2010 :  08:14:21 AM  Show Profile
i must add that i would answer folks this way. when we get older we UNLEARN. we dont learn to do things usually if we are getting frail and daily tasks are difficult we are going into the unlearn stage. so tomorrow will be different than today. things can and will get better. sometimes it just takes too long for us.love sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2010 :  11:25:36 AM  Show Profile
Well ladies, hope all of you are hanging in there and having some ok days!! Brenda, you and I have talked and talked about our moms so we know what our prayers need to be. You ladies are so right. The psych babble can get old sometimes, BUT, we really do need to stand firm and set our own boundaries in order to have some sanity for our lives. It is not wrong nor unGodly to do so. Have a good day everyone! Blessings, Linda YAY!! Fall is coming!!

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  5:20:51 PM  Show Profile
Brenda and I get to finally meet on Monday!! Yippee!! Hope all of you are having some ok days!

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  6:07:18 PM  Show Profile
Well, that is wonderful for you both. I'd love to have pictures of you both. Can you email them to me. And of you too Sherry and Annika. I've started my farmgirl scrapbook with the photo swap we did and need your's to go with them. Email was so much easier and fast. Saved shipping and writing all those envelopes. lol

Well, I'm breathing better now that my dh cut off the flowers on our rain tree in the backyard. It was right off the patio and my throat was closing up every time the dog and cat had to go in and out. Wow! what a difference I feel so much better. Then he bleached off all the algae that was growing from the heavy rains this year too.

AHhh! My lungs are so much happier and my throat. WE have a huge tree in the front yard that he is going to work on tomorrow. The minute you open the front door all you see is a bed of yellow on the ground. It would probably fill a 5 gallon bucket.

Other than that we are all good and well and happy. What a great Watchtower for this Sunday. All about Jesus magnifies God's Righteousness! Rom. 3:25

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2010 :  08:09:25 AM  Show Profile
howdy farmgirls, wondering how your visit went brenda and linda? i am thinking you are going to be so tired. the exciement was probably high. it would be for me. when i met patti from portland i was so happy. i met her daughter also. she is so poised and polite and kind. a great couple of farmgirls. hope you get to rest when you get home.

The meeting was on Jesus role here on earth and the great love Jesus and Jehovah have for us to do what they did. one thought i think was good my DS brought out was... Jesus was perfect so once mature he did not age. this was probably something the apostles recognized right off. he was never sick or wrinkled. what a loving act from our God. to right away offer a way out of the sin that causes us to die is such a loving thing and to have christ willing to come here and get it done.

i have been rocking and rolling around here. now that we know we are staying i am cleaning up messes. car went in shop for water pump. its apple picking day here. so far i have had a fun working hard playing hard i should say week. hope others have fine farm days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2010 :  09:01:05 AM  Show Profile
Howdy Farmgirl Friends! What a beautiful day we are having here in Florida. I opened the door to throw something outside for the birds and was so pleasantly surprised to feel coolness instead of heat!
We don't get local channels anymore and I'm not a radio listener anymore either, so I get my weather day by day as it comes.lol

I can't wait to hear from Linda and Brenda on their visit. I emailed a new farmgirl here in Florida that only lives 1 hour from me. And her dh works in my area from time to time so on the next trip she will be coming for a visit. So exciting!

I am having my next tea party in November and she wants to come. It will be so much fun for her to meet my family and friends. Dressing up in hats and fun dresses we just have a blast! My dd cooks and I bake and we make the tea sandwiches and have a variety of teas hot and cold. It's just one great afternoon. And, this time I'm adding a special treat, a spa party! We'll pamper ourself with fun stuff and listen to relaxing music as we try out all the fun products.

I had another nice experience today. I had another referal from Watkins for another customer in my area. Thank goodness I stay active and order each month so that way they will send me all the referals. How cool is that!!!!

Yippee!!!! I finally got with a company that people actually use and like there products. I know I do!!!
Sending a big farmgirl hug to you all. Sherry, Annika, Brenda and Linda! I'm going to make a cup of organic roobis tea and right in my grateful journal. Life is good! And, Sherry, we are so blessed to get such loving care from our spiritual family. Malachi 3:10 comes to mind.

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  3:27:48 PM  Show Profile
Today was a weird day. My daughter had to work a split shift 7-11 a.m. then back in from 4-8p.m. She is not a morning person! Noone in my family is. But, she is young and will get through it fine.

Our weather is so nice here in Florida the past two days! I am so thankful and soaking it all in. My squash is growing like a weed. lol
What a difference between the one I put in the ground this summer and this one in the raised box. Now once the vines start and the flowers do their thing I'll have fun figuring out how to keep it all in that 4x3' box.

How is everyone today? All is quiet on the western/eastern front.
Hope your life is treating you well and wishing you all the best!

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2010 :  07:13:55 AM  Show Profile
brenda and linda how are you both. how was your meeting? what a fun time you must have had. so far so good here. we have had 2 nights of hard frost. its all over except one tomato area. i am not doing a fall garden. we have plenty in the ground now. hope you are all feeling good these days. i know the cooler weather helps me a lot. missing you and thinking of you girls happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2010 :  07:36:20 AM  Show Profile
Girls, our trip to Topeka was wonderful! We were jumping(as well as we can) out of our cars and grabbing a big hug. It was just the best thing to finally see each other. Linda's DD and 3 yr old GD came with her and DH went with me. We had non stop chatter. DH and I really enjoyed the little one, she is so darn cute.When we was walking along the path, he told her to hand on to poppy's hand and she replyed back, ok poppy! That made his heart swell!! Had fun with Linda's DD, she has such a cute way of saying things and Loved her expressions. We went to Old Town Prairie Town. Unfortunity it was not open for us to go into all the buildings, but we peeked in the windows. Had lots of fun. Had a nice area to walk and we did, only stopped many times to rest. Then off to eat. We ate at Boss Hogs, and let me tell you if you ever go to Topeka, be sure to stop there. It was great BBQ. We're already starting to plan another meet up soon. I do hope you all will be able to meet Linda someday. She is so much fun and a very dear, dear friend! Hugs, Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2010 :  08:28:44 AM  Show Profile
oh yipee you girls. what a fine wonderful fun happy day sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2010 :  08:37:25 AM  Show Profile
Brenda, I'm so glad that you had so much fun!
Sherry, Marsha, Brenda , Linda and any others I've missed...Have a wonderful October day and here's a farmgirl hug as well!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2010 :  10:48:24 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies!! Brenda and I had sooo much fun. I literally couldnt sllep much the nite before I was too excited. Yes!! We are still exhausted and the bodies are feelin it!! LOL!! But what a joy to meet up with Brenda and her DH. We just enjoyed each others company and laughed and had a blast!!! We will try to post a pic here??Marsha I will email you a pic. I am in that swap too, but think you and I missed each other. I think I missed a few gals. Need to double check on that!!My DD and GD loved Brenda and Tom as well. Cannot wait until we meet up again. Which should be in about a month at our chapter outing. How are all of you doing? Hope things are going fairly ok!! Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2010 :  1:15:10 PM  Show Profile
Wow! Time has flown by since my last post. It is good to hear that Brenda and Linda you had such a nice visit. I'm looking forward to getting your pictures too.
I'll send my email addy to you all and then we can exchange photos.

The contest for my new website starts this friday the 15th so you all be sure to go over to www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com and enter. You have to go to each shop page and look for the farmgirl that will be hidden somewhere and when you find her fill out the form and then wait for the drawing for me to announce the winner!

Hope everyone is having a quiet Sunday! Warm blessings to you all.

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
www.sunsinefarmgirlcoop.com
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2010 :  4:08:06 PM  Show Profile
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=45887

Hey Farm Friends,
You gotta read my post above of my trip to the doc's today. You'll be crying from laughing so hard. I meant for it to be funny, so don't feel bad when you do.

So how is everyone today? I'm fighting a virus, so that's why I've been feeling so tired and coughing my head off and I thought it was just my allergies. It was that too, but the virus was an added bonus this month. lol

Hope you have a great evening! Love ya bunches!

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2010 :  07:52:36 AM  Show Profile
howdy farmgirls, well a little slower for me today. went and saw the doc this week. my sis went too. he talked her into trying cymbalta for her chronic pain. i said better you the guinie pig than me. well first pill whew. she threw up and continued to for the whole night. next day sore achey joints and muscles and the poos. well that is very classic direct reaction to the med. porphyria.... poor girl. he has been trying to get me to try it for a year. so glad i did not. my sis and i both have the porphyria. so i hope she is better today. i am pretty tired today. i was able to go to bed at 7 last night. wow. it felt soooo good. usually by the time i am done with milking and clean up its 9. jewel and i are going to go pick apples on friday at 1. it will be fun for sure. then like alee and the girls i will be trying to get them all processed. yum.
I sure hope you are all doing well today. are you granny girls if i may say that doing good? are you rested? i am so happy you two were finally able to hug and touch and laugh together. happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2010 :  08:45:37 AM  Show Profile
Hope you're having a good day. I'm busy with the website and the give-a-way contest starts tomorrow. So excited. I hope it turns out well for everyone. Be sure to stop by and pick up some goodies from one of our shops.
Linda I still have the coffee pot for you. Boy, Sherry tell your sister she's in my prayers. Goodness what an ordeal to go through. If she could get off all chemicals and use natural remedies instead she would fair better. Let her know this is coming from a woman who lived on pain medicine for over 20 years and has been off all pain med. and chemical RX for 5 and is now pain free from migranes, fibromyalgia and liver pain and much more. I just tough out the pain and sleep if needed when I get cramps or an occassional hormonal headache. Anywho, just let her know I hope she feels better soon.
Have a great rest of the day ladies!

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2010 :  2:47:43 PM  Show Profile
Marsha, thank you!! Was about to email you, heck I will after this post--Lol!! Hope all are doing ok. It is totally ok that we are called 'grannies'. We get a kick out of it!! Have a good afternoon, ladies.

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2010 :  2:56:49 PM  Show Profile
Ladies, Brenda and I began a blog. Please check it out! Be patient with us as we are learning this computer stuff!! Lol! http://www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2010 :  3:01:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies!! We love being called "grannies". Being a grannie is what we do best. We have put up our new post and having fun. Still learning, there's alot we don't know or understand. Hey Linda, are we ready to let the girls know the address to get to the blog????? I'm sure they won't mind following along as we learn. Would you all mind watching us try things and maybe or maybe not they work?? I do hope everyone is doing well today. The weather here in Mo. is beautiful today. I absolutely love Fall!! I'm keeping busy with mom but I do try to get online and keep in touch. Will check back later. Hugs, Brenda

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2010 :  07:58:07 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Ladies! I have been reading all you have to say about your health problems and I sympathize with you all.
About the middle of the summer I did a slip slide getting into the shower. I caught myself before I went completely down, I bundled myself up in my robe and went to sit down and collect my wits and see if I hurt any where. I seemed to be ok. But within the next couple of weeks I started noticing I wasn't able to do certain things. Long story short, I had sprained my right leg and was having a devil of a time getting around. I went to the doctor and he put me in a leg brace and I couldn't do anything but cry with the pain. I hurt so bad I would throw up, and I can usually stand alot of pain. I have nerve damage in my legs and I have arthris in kness,hips ankles all over really. Anyway I have bone on bone in my knees which makes it hard to get around. After my second doctor visit in two days he put me in the hospital and I ended up in respite care to do physical therapy, they thought I would be there for 6 weeks or more but I was doing everything they ask of me and after a couple of weeks I got to come home. I had a physical therapist that came to the house to work with me and I'm doing much better.
My dear DH has gone above and beyond for me he got the danger spots ( slips,trips and falls) cleaned out and fixed up the spare room for me with a hospital bed and wheel chair (should I need one) And in the bathroom he put up bars and got me a bath bench. Built me a handicap ramp off of our deck. And he even cooks me meals and does the dishes when I don't feel up to it. He is not a man to show his emotional side very much but all he has done for me just shows his love more than words can say.
Now I'm doing better and will be going to see a knee replacement doctor. I'm in hopes that he will be able to help me with my knees, but with all the medical things wrong with me we'll just have to see.
I've been staying busy at home with sewing, refreshing my crocheting skills (limited at best), baking for charity and reading. Now I'm planning on meeting up with some of my farmgirl chapter friends for an outting at a Farmer's Market and so excited about this trip. I wish you all a healthy pain free day.
Connie

LULU
farmgirl sister #1369
"Scattered Prairie Gals" chapter

Take care and write soon.
When you wish upon a star...Jiminy Cricket
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2010 :  1:44:05 PM  Show Profile
hi lulu, nice to hear a man do so much for his gal. so sorry you are hurt. talk soon happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Chronic health problems/injuries Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page