Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Amish Recipe swap .Sign up closed. List sent!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Amish Recipe swap .Sign up closed. List sent! Next Topic
Page: of 8

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  07:06:31 AM  Show Profile
I got mine from Channah last week.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  08:48:15 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Just checking. :)
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  12:36:32 PM  Show Profile
I got 3 more today! My mailbox was full of goodies. Marlene,Karla and Shelia. They all look so good. Thanks a bunch ya'll!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  3:02:30 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I got some more too Kristin!! Thank you so much Karla, Shelia and Marlene for the yummy recipes.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  7:13:27 PM  Show Profile
Special thanks to three more Farmgirls.....Karla,Shelia and Channah!!! Veggie Casserole sounds awesome, Karla. Shelia, the Breakfast Casserole also sounds delicious, and Channah, your Apple Crumb Bread will go nicely with the casseroles!! Plus all the other recipes you girls sent....thank you so much! And Channah, I'll email.......your picture put tears in my eyes!! You are so beautiful and your kind, sweet personality glows through!! Thank you all so much!! Hugs, Smiles and thanks, Lin

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  9:55:31 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
aww, Lin sweetie, your so sweet. :)
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  05:37:20 AM  Show Profile
I sent out my recipes yesterday ladies! Sorry so late :( I hope you enjoy though. Thanks everyone for the shower of recipes. This has been fun. My 4 year old always says, when I've come in from the mailbox, "More recipes mom?" And he asks at dinner, "Mom, is this one of the recipes you got in the mail?" Last night at dinner he says, "Mommy, you make a lot of recipes. Daddy's not very good at cooking, is he?" LOLOL! Poor daddy....

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  08:40:28 AM  Show Profile
Oh Siobhan, how cute. Kids always say the darndest things.

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

AliciaNak
True Blue Farmgirl

405 Posts

Alicia
Elko Nevada
USA
405 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  11:00:06 AM  Show Profile
Ok ladies, I am sorry for the delay, but mine went in the mail last night, which means that they got picked up today.
My hubby called yesterday morning to request meatloaf for dinner....The cheddar loaf was excellent! Thank you Marilyn!

Alicia
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.~Ralph Waldo Emmerson
www.blondenak.blogspot.com
www.artfire.com/users/BlondeNakCreations
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  11:15:21 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
No worries ladies.
Hugs!
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  11:18:03 AM  Show Profile
We'll love getting them, regardless of when they come!!! It's so much fun!!! Siobhan, your story is so sweet.........."out of the mouth of babes"!!! Hugs and Smiles, Lin

Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  12:09:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Thanks for the recipes I received yesterday from: Channah, Karla and Marlene. They look so good! I need to spend some more time in the kitchen making all these wonderful recipes! With the two of us it's hard - so I normally wait until we have company and share. When I bake, I take the goodies to friends and neighbors. Yesterday, I took Marilyn's Blueberry Streusel Muffins to my neighbor, she told the girls, Mrs Ruth should open her own bake shop! They agreed!
Thanks again farmgirls for all the wonderful recipes!
Hugs, Ruth

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  1:18:36 PM  Show Profile
I hope all mine got to everyone by now. I have only seen a few that have gotten from me. I was just wondering if they all made it.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  1:29:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kristen, I got yours on the 29th and I posted, but I wrote alot on the post and you might have missed that I rec'd it. You put your recipes on the cutest paper with the little bees and flowers and the sweet little paper art on the bottom corner. Oh and did I mention your recipes sound awesome???!!! I'm having an "Amish Recipe Cooking Day" if it's cooler on Saturday, so I'll let you know which one I try!!! Hugs Lin

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  5:07:21 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Lin. I do believe I saw your post. I want to try them too. All of the recipes sound really good.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1497 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  8:20:14 PM  Show Profile
Alicia - I'm glad you enjoyed the meatloaf. It's one of my family's favorites, too. Ruth - I'm happy to hear that your neigbor liked the blueberry streusel muffins! I've never actually tried that particular recipe but my Mom has made them several times and my Dad really loves them.

Since my last post I've received recipes from Marlene, Shelia, Karla and Susan. Thanks alot ladies - everything sounds so tasty and it's impossible to choose any favorites.

I've been busy and working some odd hours lately so I haven't had time to try any of the recipes yet. But I think I'll try one of the breakfast dishes this weekend. Just reading everyone's posts about the recipes they have tried is making me hungry!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  10:40:08 PM  Show Profile
I received recipes from Channah, Karla, Shelia and Marlene. Thanx gals. Susan made me aware that I missed a step in the Puff Cookies. You do need to mix the dry ingredients together and then add to the sugar mixture, THEN chill. So sorry about that. And I didn't put my name directly on the recipes.....they are the ones on the yellow cards.

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2010 :  07:48:17 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies!

I have received recipes now from almost everyone - just missing a few. I am leaving today to go out of town, so the rest will probably be waiting for me as a nice surprise when I get home.
Can't wait to have time to try them all out!

Thanks!
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2010 :  12:32:31 PM  Show Profile
Here are all the people I've received recipes from (just so you have peace of mind that they arrived safely): Ruth, Lin, Beverly, Mel, Channah, Karla, Shelia, Marlene, Kristin, Diana, Judy, Beth, Teresa, Luanne, Marilyn and Susan. So many recipes I haven't even gotten to look at them all yet, but I've seen some that sound awesome!

Thanks again Channah for doing such a great job! What a successful swap this was (other than me being really late...hehehe). Did anyone get my recipes today?

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2010 :  12:46:27 PM  Show Profile
OK...question for all you organized farmgirls. How are you going to organize all of these wonderful recipes we've traded. I'm at a loss. I totally terrible at organization and I have no idea what to do with them. I could leave them all in their envelopes and put them in one of my bigger recipe boxes, but I feel like they all need to be somewhere open and together where I can take a glance really quick and choose a recipe. Has anyone had any great ideas with theirs yet?

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2010 :  4:51:50 PM  Show Profile
Siobhan,
A 3 ring binder was suggested by Alicia and I like that idea. Right now I just have my recipes in a folder, but think I'll use the binder idea and maybe put the envelopes in the back pocket of the binder.
Hugs and Smiles, Lin

Edited by - Lin on Jun 03 2010 4:55:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

TeresaJ25
True Blue Farmgirl

975 Posts

Teresa
Medford NY
USA
975 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2010 :  5:07:48 PM  Show Profile
The binder is the way I'm going also. Even for the smaller recipe cards. I just put 1 hole punch through them and put them in the front of the book. My own little homemade amish recipe book filled with fantastic recipes!! We should swap again...more recipes!!!

~Teresa
Farmgirl Sister #1348

*Anyone can criticize and complain and predict doom and gloom.
Be the person who fills the room with sunshine!
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2010 :  5:11:15 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I'm all for that, Teresa!!! This swap was so exciting and I plan to try every single recipe!!! Hugs and Smiles, Lin

Go to Top of Page

shelia
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Shelia
Soddy Daisy Tennessee
USA
19 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  06:56:27 AM  Show Profile
I have enjoyed checking my mailbox for the past two weeks!! Thanks to all of you for the many recipes I've received! I've decided that one Saturday out of the month we'll have Amish Day. Beginning with breakfast, each meal will be Everything Amish! I've enjoyed reading the return address, the recipes, the notes you've included, and the individuality of each farmgirl has shone through with her selection of recipes and the way she chose to package and send it...this has been an absolutely wonderful experience and I hope to do it again!
Youall are wonderful ladies. I'm so thankful I found this place.
Shelia

Just pray for a tough hide and and a tender heart. Ruth Bell Graham
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  07:54:52 AM  Show Profile
Look what I made this morning! The Amish Apple Pancake is so yummy!!!! Good choice Lin!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Amish Recipe swap .Sign up closed. List sent! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page