bellagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Carmen
Holland MI
USA
129 Posts

Posted - May 07 2010 :  10:14:18 AM  Show Profile
Okay I went to the hen house chat room and tried to post. A message appeared that said I didn't have access to post to that forum. Maybe I was in the wrong area......I'm lost most of the time. LOL

I did find an area on e-com for all natural furniture polish. If any ones wants the recipes and can't find the site, email me at maquilts@sbcglobal.net and I'll pass the info.

Hugs,
Carmen

Blessings from Heaven and Earth
Go to Top of Page

traildancer
True Blue Farmgirl

485 Posts

Loyce
Glide OR
USA
485 Posts

Posted - May 07 2010 :  11:42:49 AM  Show Profile
Hello--I just emailed Mr. Brian asking to join the hen house. I like the idea of a stitch book; it sounds too cute.

I have been sewing most of my life (I'm 48), everything from jeans to prom dresses to flowergirl dresses to horse blankets. Right now my big project is an applique quilted wallhanging of a horsehead with a gazillion teeny pieces. You'd think my first attempt would be a bit simpler, but no. It won't be hand sewn.

On the hand crafting side, I have done embroidery, cross-stitch (counted and stamped), crochet and lots of knitting. I particularly enjoy seeing the project emerge from the bare beginnings.

The trail is the thing.... Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - May 07 2010 :  2:35:30 PM  Show Profile
I did email Brian and he has added me to this Hen House. It is funny about the second name thing but, we all use it and my husband is from up state New York and he thinks I am nuts anyway..
delicia
Go to Top of Page

jeannie max
Farmgirl in Training

43 Posts

Regena
Wesley Chapel FL
USA
43 Posts

Posted - May 07 2010 :  3:31:13 PM  Show Profile
Re: names----from day #1 I was known as Jeannie Jo ( thank God, I was first--my grandmom named me that----I was my Mom's first-if she had a girl-Jeannie-boy,Joe--so, back home in Philadelphia, PA-I am still Jeannie Jo-which I love.Mom's family was off the boat from the Barbados ( very British-aunts & uncles names-Mazie, Daisy ( my Mom ), Elsie, Lillian ( Granny )Noel, Clement, Lester, Ulric, Douglas, Etc. Miss all of them-time flies by so quickly !!!
Welcome to all the new farmgirls---Hope "Trail Blazer" can post pics of her work---sounds beautiful !!!!!!

Come and share a pot of tea. My home is warm and my friendship free.
Go to Top of Page

jeannie max
Farmgirl in Training

43 Posts

Regena
Wesley Chapel FL
USA
43 Posts

Posted - May 07 2010 :  3:33:00 PM  Show Profile
OMG-sorry-I meant Trail Dancer----must be the 'meds'--but, who knows--maybe you will be our "Trail Blazer" :)

Go to Top of Page

Ric Rac and Polka Dots
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Julie
Pleasant Prairie WI
USA
87 Posts

Posted - May 07 2010 :  5:54:09 PM  Show Profile
Carmen,
Were you logged in to the MaryJane's farm website when you tried to post? The same thing just happened to me, so I wondered if that is what happened. Let me know if that helps. I think you can stay logged in for the day. Not sure if you can stay logged in permanently though.

Julie

Ric Rac and Polka Dots

Farmgirl #1127

"No matter where you go . . . there you are."
Go to Top of Page

Ric Rac and Polka Dots
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Julie
Pleasant Prairie WI
USA
87 Posts

Posted - May 07 2010 :  5:58:12 PM  Show Profile
Loyce,
Welcome, welcome, welcome! We are glad to have you. I can't believe what an overachiever you are, that horse head quilt must be amazing. I try to do projects that I might finish before I die. I have to live to be at least 90, like Jeannie says, to finish them all.
Also glad to have an experienced knitter and crocheter on board. I am learning, but not great! I enjoy it though, very much. In a week or so we can get started on the stitch sampler book. I'll post more info when we get closer. Looking forward to seeing your bio! Happy to have you here.

Julie

Ric Rac and Polka Dots

Farmgirl #1127

Go to Top of Page

bellagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Carmen
Holland MI
USA
129 Posts

Posted - May 07 2010 :  6:40:01 PM  Show Profile
I went the section that says...Jump to: select forum
Then I selected farm girl chapter henhouse. I logged into the site and then found our hen house.
Carmen
Bellagirl
Farmgirl #1443

Go to Top of Page

bellagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Carmen
Holland MI
USA
129 Posts

Posted - May 07 2010 :  6:57:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi Julie,

I just went to that same site again and this time it let me to post a message. The message might be of interest to everyone else in the house.....free down load embro design (4) samples for the seasons.

Hugs,
Carmen
bellagirl #1443

Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  08:10:31 AM  Show Profile
I want to join this henhouse, also.
I'm emailing Brian ASAP.
I love to quilt and do both hand and maching piecing. Lots of English paper piecing.
Also, knitting, embroidery and redwork
Can't wait
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.artfire.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

Ric Rac and Polka Dots
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Julie
Pleasant Prairie WI
USA
87 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  08:30:46 AM  Show Profile
Michele,
We would love to have you join us. We haven't started a project yet, kind of waiting until everyone that said they are going to join has. It will give me a little time to get the details and material list together anyhow! No project is mandatory, if you don't have time don't worry about it. The main thing is we have fun, learn from each other, and hopefully develop some friendships along the way! Make sure you read through all the old posts on the stitching and craft link you already wrote on, and on the bulletin board and project sections for any good stuff you might have missed!
Michigan, are you getting snow? It feels mighty cold here this morning in Wisconsin. Yuk.
Remember to fill out the bio once you are linked to the henhouse. This way all the girls can kind of get to know you! Have a great weekend!

Julie

Ric Rac and Polka Dots

Farmgirl #1127

Go to Top of Page

bellagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Carmen
Holland MI
USA
129 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  11:50:05 AM  Show Profile
Hi Julie,

No snow YET! It's 39 degrees and the wind is something else. Yesterday it rained all day, so this morning before the parade I thought I would go take pictures of the tulips....the wind has ruined the flowers. We now have a stem festival.

Carmen
Farmgirl sister 31443

Go to Top of Page

Ric Rac and Polka Dots
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Julie
Pleasant Prairie WI
USA
87 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  12:15:12 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh, I am not happy that the tulip festival got ruined. I mean the pretty flowers at least. I was hoping for some beautiful pictures from you Carmen. Bummer.
It is yukky here. Now the sun came out, so it looks nice out, but don't be fooled. We have a first communion party to attend right after church, and it is supposed to be outside. Probably plans have changed and it is inside. I hope so, my sinuses are killing me. It will be fun though, it always is! Just wish I felt more like a party !!!! Have a good warm weekend everyone.

Julie

Ric Rac and Polka Dots

Farmgirl #1127

Go to Top of Page

jeannie max
Farmgirl in Training

43 Posts

Regena
Wesley Chapel FL
USA
43 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  5:12:53 PM  Show Profile
Oh Carmen-----what a shame--I love looking at flowers--tulips don't do well down here in Fl--it was sunny & 90 hot & humid degrees today. Anyone ---post pics of northern flowers--there are so many I miss from my life up North. But-our veggies are beautiful-finally tomatoes !!!!
Re: patch--I am putting some fill between the patch & the backing--just a little, so it will stand out !!!!
Everyone----I/we love reading your letters --keep them coming !!!!
Love, jeannie

Go to Top of Page

jeannie max
Farmgirl in Training

43 Posts

Regena
Wesley Chapel FL
USA
43 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  5:19:01 PM  Show Profile
Michele--please tell us about the English paper piecing----I've would love to learn how to do it. Can you send pics---or, tell me where to look for something like that & how long did it take you to learn & did you learn from reading a book-is that possible ??? Sorry, lots of questions--since it's a holiday weekend----take your time for an answer---- & Happy Mother's Day--because all women are nurturers-one way or another !!!!!

Go to Top of Page

bellagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Carmen
Holland MI
USA
129 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  6:14:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jeannie,

English paper piecing is fun and a great "take along" for those of us who can't just sit. I always need something to fiddle with and keep my hands busy. Go to www.paperpieces.com They have a really good price for the pattern with includes the paper pieces needed.

Hi Julie,

I posted the free pattern down load info in our hen house site. But if the gals go to the stitching and crafting room, there is a message posted there that shows the picture and all the web site info for contact.

Carmen
Bellagirl
Farm girl sister #1443

Go to Top of Page

traildancer
True Blue Farmgirl

485 Posts

Loyce
Glide OR
USA
485 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  7:30:09 PM  Show Profile
I just tried to post my bio on the Hen house and was denied access. Guess I'm just waiting on Mr. Brian.

Go to Top of Page

Ric Rac and Polka Dots
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Julie
Pleasant Prairie WI
USA
87 Posts

Posted - May 12 2010 :  09:55:48 AM  Show Profile
We'll wait a day or so to let him catch up, but if we don't see you up there by then we'll send him an email! Jeannie sent me an article about a great way to put the stitches sampler book together that involves no sewing, so I am excited!

Julie

Ric Rac and Polka Dots

Farmgirl #1127

Go to Top of Page

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - May 12 2010 :  3:56:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi Julie, I would like to be a member of the hen house...love to do sewing and such... I am a member #1179 is my number so I will let Brian know. Smiles, Beth

You can never be to kind!
Go to Top of Page

country roads
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Melissa
Shinglehouse Pa
USA
443 Posts

Posted - May 12 2010 :  4:35:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi Julie, I would like to join your henhouse too. I love to do embroidery. I am teaching myself to quilt, knit and some crochet. Right now I am working on a Grandmothers Flower Garden tablerunner. My wonderful hubby bought me a book for embroidery on crazy quilts(something else I'd like to learn how to do). I won't have time to do all the projects, but I promise to keep up as best as I can!

Take care, Melissa.

Farmgirl # 352

~Think happy thoughts~
Go to Top of Page

Ric Rac and Polka Dots
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Julie
Pleasant Prairie WI
USA
87 Posts

Posted - May 12 2010 :  7:09:17 PM  Show Profile
Beth and Melissa,
I am so happy you both want to join. It is going to be fun. We'll try to think of really neat projects, but of course nothing is mandatory. We'll make sure not to try to do too much at once, we all do have a life with other things to do! Read back on all the posts and see what we wrote about an embroidery stitch sampler book. So far this sounds like what everyone wants to start with. Jeannie sent me an article about a homemade scrap book with stitching featured inside, and it looks perfect for what we are going to do. We'll talk more about it later.
Welcome, can't wait to get to know you. You'll love everybody in our henhouse, they are so nice!

Julie

Ric Rac and Polka Dots

Farmgirl #1127

Go to Top of Page

traildancer
True Blue Farmgirl

485 Posts

Loyce
Glide OR
USA
485 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  12:29:13 PM  Show Profile
I'm in, I'm in!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Ric Rac and Polka Dots
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Julie
Pleasant Prairie WI
USA
87 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  5:16:12 PM  Show Profile
YAAAAAYYYY!

Julie

Ric Rac and Polka Dots

Farmgirl #1127

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - May 16 2010 :  08:52:07 AM  Show Profile
Julie I would love to be in Ric Rac and Polka Dots. Is there still room? If so I guess I need to email Brian? This sounds so fun.

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

jeannie max
Farmgirl in Training

43 Posts

Regena
Wesley Chapel FL
USA
43 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  03:19:31 AM  Show Profile
Okay, Ms. Julie--I am ready to start a project with the group !!!!!! Welcome, Brenda--we have a great group who are raring to go-------my fingers are itching to create -----hope you all had a great weekend------( PS-if you love to read also--get "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett-for times when fingers need a rest :) YEA- I love Mondays--a new start of another week---we are BLESSED for sure !!!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New henhouse Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page