True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Carmen
Holland MI
USA
129 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  05:33:11 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Sister Chicks,
Sunday I started picking fabric for my "Little House" quilt. Think I'll use my reproduction fabrics. About a week ago I started a "Ma Ingalls" shawl.....well needless to say I've ripped it out three times. I'm having problems with the turn around part. Instead of being straight along the edge, mine is drooping. Any suggestions???? I'm not very good at crochet. I mainly do simple afghans and dish clothes.

I want to welcome all the new comers. I know you will enjoy this group. Every one is so nice and very helpful.

Warm hugs,
Carmen
Farm girl sister #1443

Blessings from Heaven and Earth
Go to Top of Page

jeannie max
Farmgirl in Training

43 Posts

Regena
Wesley Chapel FL
USA
43 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  06:22:49 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning, Carmen--please explain " Little House" quilt ??? Is this size, related to book/TV/ quilt pattern or other. What colors ??? Sounds wonderful! I have such a hard time with the quilting stitch now that my last 2 fingers are impaired--but something small--I want to try. And, of course, not being able to sew did NOT stop my fabric buying for "someday" when the nerves grow back & normalcy is returned !!!! keep us informed !!!

Come and share a pot of tea. My home is warm and my friendship free.
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  06:33:34 AM  Show Profile
I joined in the swap for the needle holder. It is really simple and I am looking forward to doing it. Just wanted to mention it in case any of you wanted to get in on it. I think it is still open. I printed the instructions and it seems like an easy do and a needle holder is a great thing to have.
delicia
Go to Top of Page

bellagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Carmen
Holland MI
USA
129 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  06:47:53 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jeannie,
The "Little House" quilt is just a simple 9 patch and I'm using it for my project in the reading room. We are reading the "Little House" book series and going to be making projects that correspond with the books. I used to hand piece and hand quilt everything but I had carpal tunnel in both wrist and hands. So now I do everything by machine. Have you had the chance to visit www.paperpieces.com? They have a wonderful sale going this week ONLY. You menioned English paper piecing in one of your earlier messages.

Hugs,
Carmen
Farm girl #1443

Go to Top of Page

nin1952
True Blue Farmgirl

269 Posts

Donna
Cedartown GA
USA
269 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  07:50:01 AM  Show Profile
Hi all
I can't find where I post my bio. Help?
Donna

LIVE simply, LOVE generously, CARE deeply, SPEAK kindly...Leave the rest to God.
Go to Top of Page

Ric Rac and Polka Dots
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Julie
Pleasant Prairie WI
USA
87 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  12:13:04 PM  Show Profile
I sent you an email, but if you have no luck, call Brian at the main office. He should be able to talk you through it. Good luck!!!

Julie

Ric Rac and Polka Dots

Farmgirl #1127

"No matter where you go . . . there you are."
Go to Top of Page

Ric Rac and Polka Dots
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Julie
Pleasant Prairie WI
USA
87 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  12:20:40 PM  Show Profile
Hey everybody!
Still writing here until all of you who have sent emails to join are in, so this way we can all access this post!
Jeannie, I'm excited to get going too! There are still problems for a handful of ladies who are sending emails to get in but aren't in yet, so I am just waiting for them. Shouldn't be too much longer. I also found ideas for project number 2 and 3 if everybody likes them. I am so excited!!!! They're so cute!! One of them is a stitchers sampler, and it is a Crabapple Hill pattern. I love it. Check it out on their website. I saw it done up in a quilt shop, hanging on the wall, and it is so beautiful! Believe it or not, at the wedding we went to out of town this weekend, three blocks away from the church was a really fun quilt shop, JJ Stitches, in Sun Prairie, WI. What luck. We had a 2 hour window between the church wedding being over and the reception to start, so well, it would have been crazy not to go, right? My husband and son were very patient! That is where I saw the sampler hanging on the wall, and it was very cute. It didn't look really hard, maybe a little time consuming, but done a little every day I think it is doable. Either way I am making one, but if everyone wants to we can do it after our stitch sampler book! Let me know if you all like it! Have a great day!!!

Julie

Ric Rac and Polka Dots

Farmgirl #1127

Go to Top of Page

jeannie max
Farmgirl in Training

43 Posts

Regena
Wesley Chapel FL
USA
43 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  12:45:14 PM  Show Profile
OKAY--now tell more about this sampler-Crabapple Hill pattern. What is the website we should go to ??? Being "ADD" for sure--I want lots of things in my "pot". Glad you had a great weekend "&" found that shop-----okay--back to 'a' cleaning, etc :)

Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  03:49:53 AM  Show Profile
Their patterns are very cute! I'm loving this one: http://www.crabapplehillstudio.com/items/262_vintage_postcard.aspx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Farm Girl #790
http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

Go to Top of Page

jeannie max
Farmgirl in Training

43 Posts

Regena
Wesley Chapel FL
USA
43 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  05:12:56 AM  Show Profile
Oh-bad way to start the morning--a new website with lots of things to look at/think about/ buy :) Okay--I'll clean fast so I can get back to this----now, we'll see how good I am at FAST 'cleanup' !!!!!
Thanks --lots of good ideas !!!

Go to Top of Page

Ric Rac and Polka Dots
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Julie
Pleasant Prairie WI
USA
87 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  08:25:20 AM  Show Profile
Yep, you got it right, CrabApple Hill. It has tons of cute embroidery stuff. Please do check it out, you will love it!!!! I have a few of the kitchen towel patterns, pillow patterns, and now the embroidery pattern for the stitchers sampler. I love it. Let me know how you all like the site and that pattern.
My mom fell again last night, around supper time, and broke her hip. She just broke her back with a fall in early Feb. I didn't get home till about midnight, and I have to run and do stuff around here and get to the hospital. Please keep her in your prayers. She is a sweet little redhead lady named Ida. This is just terrible. I am so upset and exhausted.
Once all of us get signed up we will start our stitch book, and then you all can let me know which next thing you would like. I am open to anything on Crabapple Hill's website. I also saw a little project where you fold up an old hankie and stitch a pretty flower and make a little I guess, mini purse type thing to hold jewelry, potpourri, etc., it would be quick and easy and is really cute. I'll try to remember where I saw it and make a copy to put up. It is a nice little project and I don't think it would take too long. We could maybe do that before the sampler, which I am hoping you all will love too! Seriously, I saw it done up and framed and absolutely loved it.
Ok, sorry I have to run. In the meantime, those of you who aren't already signed up officially, keep trying to get signed up we can get moving. I know you are trying, and if nothing is happening maybe call at the office and ask. I'm not sure why it is so complicated!!! Probably lots to do on their end, but I know for sure there are at least five more that are waiting to join. Don't worry that you are holding us up, a little more time at this point would be good for me! I do want to recommend you all go to Sublime Stitches website and start practicing the stitches she has tutorials for, because those will be in in our stitch sampler. So there, now you all have your homework! That site is fun too! So, get busy, and have fun.

Julie

Ric Rac and Polka Dots

Farmgirl #1127

Go to Top of Page

jeannie max
Farmgirl in Training

43 Posts

Regena
Wesley Chapel FL
USA
43 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  08:37:44 AM  Show Profile
Julie--so sorry to hear about your Mom.
All right everyone--Julie asked for prayers "&" the following---
1. get listed in the hen house ( guess Brian is really busy )
2. practice the stitches you want to use in your sampler book.
3. go onto the Crabapple website given above & see what you think?
4.if you have ideas for the henhouse--share them with Julie--she's going to need some time to help her Mom--so, all of us 'biddies' need to work together--otherwise, she'll be worrying about us also !!! She is truly a MOTHER HEN :)
I am so happy to be with all of you---take care, Julie--your chicks will be fine !!!!

Go to Top of Page

Ric Rac and Polka Dots
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Julie
Pleasant Prairie WI
USA
87 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  09:04:10 AM  Show Profile
Jeannie,
Thank you so much. I just read your post and started crying, I have no idea why. Just knowing I am associated with such a wonderful group of caring women makes me feel so good. I so appreciate your post and helping me out, and I already know in advance I am going to get prayers and anything else I need from all of you, cause you're the best! I guess it was just a relief to realize that I don't have to do everything by myself. It is our henhouse, after all, not mine, and that is a good reminder to all that we are all in this together! Amazing how you can meet on line and truly connect! I'll post later to let you all know how it's going!

Julie

Ric Rac and Polka Dots

Farmgirl #1127

Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  09:35:11 AM  Show Profile
Wow! The Crabapple site is nice! I liked the Embroiderers Blessing pattern, so pretty!

Caron

Happy Farmgirl Sister #254

"An Apron:Its strings gently tug at us, tenderly, softly calling us to turn back to the old ways".-Above Rubies Magazine
Go to Top of Page

Ric Rac and Polka Dots
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Julie
Pleasant Prairie WI
USA
87 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  11:35:57 AM  Show Profile
Oh good, I was hoping you would like it. We'll just have to wait and see how everybody else likes it!

Julie

Ric Rac and Polka Dots

Farmgirl #1127

Go to Top of Page

bellagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Carmen
Holland MI
USA
129 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  12:00:13 PM  Show Profile
Julie,

I called my prayer group and we will keep your mother in prayers daily until we hear she is well once again. God will give you strength, just remember to lean on HIM.
I have done a couple of the Crabapple Hill patterns, the Halloween houses and the "To Grandma's house we go" Christmas pattern. Both required only chain stitching (so easy for a beginner) and a bit of piece work. I'm game to do any pattern that everyone agrees to do.

Warm hugs,
Carmen
Farm girl sister #1443

Go to Top of Page

Jibara Girl
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Zoed
Upper Marlboro Maryland
USA
19 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  5:13:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Jibara Girl a Yahoo! Message
I am new to your forum topic and just want to let you know that I have purchased from Crab Apple Studio many times. Very high quality and just plain beautiful. Have fun girls you wont regret it.

Zoed Vega
Texas

Live... Love.. Laugh.. Dream.. ;)
Go to Top of Page

Ric Rac and Polka Dots
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Julie
Pleasant Prairie WI
USA
87 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  06:43:47 AM  Show Profile
Ok, so is everybody in that is coming in? I need to figure out who is still waiting for the office to link them up. Just drop me an email to let me know if you can! I appreciate it! Thanks!

Julie

Ric Rac and Polka Dots

Farmgirl #1127

Go to Top of Page

Ric Rac and Polka Dots
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Julie
Pleasant Prairie WI
USA
87 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  08:13:17 AM  Show Profile
Just another reminder that we can start posting on the actual henhouse site now, as I think most of us are in! Starting new project after teh holiday weekend! I can't wait!!!!

Julie

Ric Rac and Polka Dots

Farmgirl #1127

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  7:37:35 PM  Show Profile
Julie. I called Brian yesterday and I am in your ric rac and polka dots too! Yea! I love Crabapple Hill patterns too. Which sampler are you talking about? I just purchased the beautiful quilt with the dinnerplates. And the floss. Can't wait to get started. You will make the group so much fun! Bonnie

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Ric Rac and Polka Dots
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Julie
Pleasant Prairie WI
USA
87 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  06:07:08 AM  Show Profile
Bonnie,
I'm so glad you're in. I hope I can make it fun, I am sure going to try. I keep finding more and more things that we could do as projects. I am going crazy trying to decide, but then I realized we will all decide together - so no pressure on me! I will just put the info up and have you all look and pick out your favorites. We can vote on them and decide which ones to do, or should I say which order to do them in because you will probably like them all too! Also everyone can send in their ideas or links so we can look at them too, so I think we are going to have tons to choose from!
I'll kind of be glad when the holiday weekend is over and life can get back to normal, there is so much to do right now! I have a cake and jello to make for today, some seeds to plant, some plants to transplant, and then have to take a shower and get ready for our get together, which is this afternoon. Good thing I woke up earlier than usual, right? Have a great weekend and get those fingers ready to roll!

Julie

Ric Rac and Polka Dots

Farmgirl #1127

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  09:28:24 AM  Show Profile
Julie I'm still waiting for Brian to email me. I guess I'll try calling Tues. But I still want to sign up. It sounds like its going to be alot of fun. And thank you for doing all this for us. Also, prayers are going out for your mom and you sweetie. You have your hands full, and we are all here for you.

Hugs, Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

Ric Rac and Polka Dots
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Julie
Pleasant Prairie WI
USA
87 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  10:08:34 AM  Show Profile
Brenda,
Thank you so much. We are glad to have you. I can't wait to get started on the first project. I posted in the henhouse, but I will tell you here also for those of us who aren't officially linked yet. I think everybody is happy with doing an embroidery stitch sampler book. I am just wanting to hear how many stitches everybody would like to do. We'll just do an average of all the replies. We could do 3 or 4 on a page, so we could easily do twenty or more if you all want! Let me know what you think you would like, everybody's opinion counts!
Don't forget to post a bio so we can all get to know and love you!

Julie

Ric Rac and Polka Dots

Farmgirl #1127

Go to Top of Page

Ric Rac and Polka Dots
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Julie
Pleasant Prairie WI
USA
87 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  10:58:53 AM  Show Profile
Hey everybody in the Hanging By A Thread henhouse, we are posting now on the henhouse. New project starting, need your input on which stitches you want to include! Check out the projects link to find it. Looking forward to hearing from you. Have a great weekend. I am furiously sewing finishing up a picnic quilt and placemats which I just started on Wednesday for my soon to be daughter-in-law's shower which is Saturday. I thought it was next weekend, and then I found the invitation. You can only imagine how thrilled I was to see I had the date wrong. Nothing like a little stress to motivate a person. I almost had a heart attack, and started the project immediately after putting down the invitation and fighting back a panic attack! :) Well, it's my own fault for not writing the date on my calendar, so maybe that will teach me. Probably not, I'm 51 and still doing things like that from time to time, so . . . .
Anyhow, again have a great weekend and try to decide which stitches you would like to include in the project. Any ideas for the front cover you would like would be great too. I have an idea or two, but would love to hear what you all come up with!

Julie

Ric Rac and Polka Dots

Farmgirl #1127

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  5:08:45 PM  Show Profile
Julie...how do I join the Hen house? How do we get to Brian to join? I've never heard of having to do that before.

blessings,
Peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New henhouse Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page