Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Stories from us widow women.....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Stories from us widow women..... Next Topic
Page: of 14

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  8:33:21 PM  Show Profile
How very nice of you Sharon~~thank you for your thoughts and prayers!!

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

eggfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Kristy
Melvern KS
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  8:50:38 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Sharon ! That is so sweet !! Hugs !!

Hugs...Kristy
"Live like you were dyin'"
Sis #2339
Scattered Prairie Gals Chapter
http://www.myhealingthroughartstory.blogspot.com
My studio Blog- http://www.lostcreekstudio.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2011 :  06:20:11 AM  Show Profile
just checking in gals. this month (end of it)marks the 1 year anniversary of finding my beloved dead in the back yard (no previous illness). already started doing stupid things so just need some extra prayers that i can keep "my wits" about me and get thru this month. Next tuesday would have been his 56th birthday so i am going to do some errands with my mom and take her to lunch--just to do something ..this morning i woke up crying. it does get easier but it does not get better.. i miss him more than ever.
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

Laila
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Laila
Kutztown PA
USA
273 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2011 :  06:26:29 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry Jainee. What a shock that must have been. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Laila
Go to Top of Page

eggfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Kristy
Melvern KS
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2011 :  09:45:58 AM  Show Profile
janie...sending you prayers and hugs !! So hard to imagine finding your dear Husband. I was blest to have had exactly one year with my DH to prepare,if you really can, for his passing. We knew it was coming. It has to have made it a bit easier than your circumstances. Know you have friends here to hug you and lift you up !!!

Hugs...Kristy
Sis #2339
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2011 :  7:43:20 PM  Show Profile
1badmamawolf (Teresa) asked me to say hi to you all, and always know you are in her thoughts and prayers...

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2011 :  9:03:57 PM  Show Profile
Ohhhhhh Marly, please tell her we love her and we miss her, there have been so many times I've wished to chat with her. If some of you widow women don't realize it, she was the start of this whole thread, the inspiration and motivation that kept me going, after I lost my guy.

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

eggfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Kristy
Melvern KS
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2011 :  10:06:08 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for filling in the blanks ! I remembered name but didn't figure out why !! LOL !! Say hello to Theresa for me as well !!!

Hugs...Kristy
Sis #2339
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2011 :  6:40:35 PM  Show Profile
I thought I would bump this up since I have noticed a few new Gals on the site who are widows....

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

Alanna Neupert
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Alanna
cabot PA
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2011 :  08:16:17 AM  Show Profile
Hi! My name is Alanna and I lost my husband, Norm, of 41 years to cancer on August 23th. I was 18 when I met, he was 4 years older, we met on a blind date. Do people even know what that is ? I was a city-slicker and he was a farmer. He told the friend that fixed him up that nite that he was going to marry me. Well, I wasn't that easily convinced. We met August 1 and got married 4 years to the day.On August 1 on this year, he was in the hospital and we were told that the cancer had spread to his liver and there was no hope. He was such a fighter, even having his bladder taken out and a neo-bladder put in his place. All those months of chemo and dr and hospital visits. I don't drive in large cities with alot of traffic, but I put on my big girl pants and did it! I hate Pittsburgh trafic,especially on a Friday. Well, we lived in a cute cape cod house for 37 years and we sold it to our daughter 7 years ago and we moved down the road to his parents farm. It has been in the family since 1902 and we were currently restoring it. We did a family tree with his grand-parents name,his parents names and also our names on the risers of our steps to the upstairs. It is beautiful. I just had my first Thanksgiving by myself and I'm dreading Christmas. His birthday is also on Dec 22th. I cried all Thanksgiving Day and I wonder when this pain will get a little better. I used to bake homemade bread and big dinners, now it's a struggle to make a small meal for myself.The nights are the worst, I usually cry myself to sleep. My dog Angel is such a comfort to me. She's a beautiful Lab-Golden Retriever but has so much arthritis. When I cry she struggles to get up and she puts her sweet head on my lap. I love her so and I dread the time that I have to put her to sleep. Well- have to close for now. More later -Love from the farm,Alanna
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2011 :  09:22:04 AM  Show Profile
Alanna, my heart goes out to you. I lost my husband but not to death. I wonder if this thread is for widows only or anyone who has lost someone they dearly loved. Things do get easier. The thing is to try not to be by yourself on these special days. go somewhere and do something not typical of how you would have spent the day. It helps some.
Hugs and blessings to you.

Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2011 :  10:21:48 AM  Show Profile
Glenda, this thread is for anyone who has lost anyone they loved...it just started as widows...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2011 :  11:17:04 AM  Show Profile
Alanna:
Hugs to you. I am sorry for your loss. This thread is, by far, my favorite!!!!!!! I've never experienced loosing a husband. I have dear friends who have and I have mourned with them, and will always be here for them. To have a thread like this one where those of you can come, find others who are going through the same thing, and to have the farmgirls listen, etc... Well... I'm happy to read that you have found this thread. I've posted on the thread just to let others know I am hear and will listen.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2011 :  10:02:44 AM  Show Profile
Tina, so very glad to see this has been bumped up.....good timing with the holidays coming around. I just passed the 2nd. anniversary of my dh's passing. The first Christmas he was gone I think I was on auto pilot, last Christmas wasn't really into it, and spent the holiday alone (my choice). This year I am feeling a little more back to normal, altho doing things a bit differently. My brother and sil will be here from the west side of the mtns. we're 6 hrs. apart, so will be thrilled to see them. We are not buying gifts this year, keeping things low key, no huge meal preparations, but still lots of good food and of course Christmas goodies.I am giving in a couple different ways, which makes me feel wonderful. I hang onto the fact that things will, eventually, get better. My prayers are with all of you farmgals.......

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  08:33:32 AM  Show Profile
alanna,
I am so sorry for your lost. This will be my 2nd christmas w/o my beloved and i am still not in the "mode" for celebrating. He loved the holidays and it is still painful for me to hear the music or see the specials on tv. What I want you to know that it is ok to cry or grieve anyway you do it. It is your grief and no one can truly share it with you or tell you how to "do it". You need to do whatever you need to keep going. It will get easier but it doesn't get "better"- how can it? you have lost a part of your life, your heart and you need time to heal. My prayers and love are with you, I know how hard it is ( mine has only been gone for 1 1/2 years) just hang on to the good memories and let the rest go.
hugs
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2011 :  12:04:00 PM  Show Profile
Thoughts and prayers to all the "widow women" of MJF. I often think of all of you and wonder how you all are doing. I haven't lost a spouse, but I have lost my parents, a sister, a nephew. Happy New Year to all of you.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

marthajane
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Anna
Orlando FL
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2011 :  2:20:07 PM  Show Profile
New Years Greetings. I found this stumbled on it. Wanted to thank ladies for helping me understand something.
Thanks for sharing your pain on here...this is why the Bible says pure religion is visiting widows-THAT's REAL LOSS and PAIN
I feel it too...wishing there was more I could do.
Praying for your hearts and for ways to minister as you grieve.
ps I have woken up crying out loud too...more than once

Happiness IS being a MOM
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2011 :  2:26:00 PM  Show Profile
Anna, I am glad that you stumbled upon this topic. It pains me to read the grief you all are going through. I do know one has to go through the grief. And- you are so right, we should all minister to the widows, especially at this time of the year. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

marthajane
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Anna
Orlando FL
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2012 :  09:58:36 AM  Show Profile
Well thank you Marley-that shows love that you can express such tenderhearted comments.
I just always wondered what "to visit orphans and widows" meant...and by reading through this topic I see that it is perhaps talking about listening, caring, doing acts of empathy, and mostly just being there...not letting a person feel all alone and deal with such tremendous loss as if there is no one else who loves them.

Happiness IS being a MOM
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2012 :  11:49:01 AM  Show Profile
Anna: I agree, this thread is wonderful. Thanks for posting to it. Hope your New Year was great.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2012 :  1:33:49 PM  Show Profile
does anyone know why Teresa (1badmamawolf)is no longer posting, after reading her posts and her starting this thread, I would love to see her come back and post again...

Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2012 :  4:12:13 PM  Show Profile
Didn't she start a wonderful thread?? I would love to see her come back as well, so much inspiration and love in the words she wrote. Hope you all had a good New Year......Marly, please give Teresa our love.

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2012 :  8:21:31 PM  Show Profile
Suzie, I will give Teresa the message. Thanks. I miss her so much. She surely helped me a lot when my pets were not feeling well. Every thing she told me to do worked. Teresa should have been a writer, which one could see, as Suzie put it, "so much inpiration and love in the words she wrote". I agree. What a loss. I did mention to one of the MJF about missing her so. I won't share the response because I really did not understand what she exactly was referring to. But- she and I have remained very close.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Alanna Neupert
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Alanna
cabot PA
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2012 :  10:13:31 PM  Show Profile
Happy New Year to all of the farmgals! Well I'm struggling along got Thanksgiving over with- C& C allday! Cooked and cryed,did 2 whole turkeys and alot of the sides. Christmas evening and day I just went thru the motions of the holidays. My husbands birthday was on Dec 22, so that was a emotional day,too. I'm trying to keep busy as I can with my new normal life. I can't believe that I have lost my desire to cook- last nite's supper was oatmeal with home canned peaches. I thought it was good, but thank goodness I didn't have company, people might think that I'm really loosing it. I did make homemade dinner rolls for Christmas eve dinner and they turned out great! I baked them on a stone baking pan. Well hope everyone is keeping warm, I've got a Dr. appt tomorrow and I have to venture out. Love from the farm, Alanna and my dog Angel!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  08:05:20 AM  Show Profile
Hi Alanna:
Happy to see you posted on this thread. A dog name Angel. How sweet. Happy New Year to you.
Marly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Stories from us widow women..... Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page