Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 UPDATES! New chapter-'Scattered Prairie Gals'
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic UPDATES! New chapter-'Scattered Prairie Gals' Next Topic
Page: of 6

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  07:14:49 AM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Glad to hear form you Brenda will stay in touch. Lilly

learning the life I always wanted.
Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  08:02:04 AM  Show Profile
Brenda,
So good to know you're home and doing good. I guess I'll be the runner up on the pages, I've never done pages like this before and not quite sure where to start.
I wish I had someone taking pictures this morning. I was out on the deck doing one of my favorite things to do. I was fixing our first cook-out breakfast of the year. You know how good food tastes when you're out camping and cooking over an open fire. Well I have to modifiy mine a little, I use the gas grill and I have a griddle that fits pretty good. So this morning's menu was bacon,scrambled eggs and toast. Nothing fancy but darn good. I was thinking how special it would be if we could all get together and do this.
Connie

LULU

Take care and write soon.

When you wish upon a star...Jiminy Cricket
Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  08:10:24 AM  Show Profile
Oh ladies just to paint somemore of this picture. We could have some of those tent cabins like Mary Jane has to sleep in at night and a camp fire in the middle to gather around to swap stories and catch everyone up on what our Scattered Sisters are doing.
I've tried to talk my daughter into putting in several tent cabins on their farm for a B-n-B, but she doesn't have my vision yet. So much for my fantasy. Y'll have a good day.
Connie

LULU

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  11:09:31 AM  Show Profile
Brenda, welcome home!!!! You take care of yourself and get to feeling better soon!! That breakfast outdoors sounds great, ladies!

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  1:37:46 PM  Show Profile
Any of you involved in the Link for Life run at the Sedgwick county zoo this Sat?

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  2:06:02 PM  Show Profile
Hey Ladies! A Ks chapter has invited us to a tea on May 8th 11:30 AM. If any of you are interested email me for the particulars. Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  2:07:48 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, miss you and I hope you are doing well! Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

KanMogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katherine
Rock Kansas
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  4:22:52 PM  Show Profile
I haven't been on for a couple days. I attended a United Methodist Woman's retreat last night and this morning. It was very uplifting.

I would rather wear out than rust out.----Richard Cumberland
Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  7:36:18 PM  Show Profile
Linda,
Send me information on the tea with another chapter. Where are they located?
Connie

LULU

Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  8:11:49 PM  Show Profile
I tried to access the henhouse, but when I try to sign in the screen tells me I'm not registered. I type in my user name and pass word but it won't except me.
Connie

LULU

Go to Top of Page

KanMogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katherine
Rock Kansas
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  10:42:48 AM  Show Profile
"Once you’re a Sisterhood member, e-mail henhouses@maryjanesfarm.org to join a Henhouse, set up your own Henhouse, or to make any other requests or general inquiries about Henhouses." The preceding is what it says on the Henhouse homepage. That is what I did to get in. I've posted on the book discussion.

Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  11:21:39 AM  Show Profile
Kathy,
Thanks for the information I've emailed the henhouse@maryjanesfarm.org so we'll see how it goes.
Connie

LULU

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  11:25:30 AM  Show Profile
Kathy, I will try that as I have not been successful either. Received an email from Brian that he would set our chapter henhouse up and I am waiting to hear further from him. Brenda and I were wondering why so hard to access that part of the forums. Emailing those of you interested about the tea with the details. the chapter is 'Badger Creek Farmgirls' Have a great day! Thinking of you Brenda! Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

judylynn
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

judy
council grove ks
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  4:04:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone - We just got home from Okla City - we attended the Western Heritage Awards at the Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum. It was awesome. I have not started my Scrapbook page - well start collecting things tonight.
Glad to hear you are recovering Brenda. I have not tried the henhouse - I guess I thought that's what this site was .... is there a computer savvy badge.....
the go greener badge sounds great. For several years now I shop with a collapsible frame bag - covered in red canvas it has a movable handle and is collapsible. I love it! Great to catch up on everyones' posts.
judylynn #1016
Go to Top of Page

KanMogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katherine
Rock Kansas
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  5:23:40 PM  Show Profile
I made a mistake in the e-mail address. It should have had an s at the end of henhouse. You can go to "Farmgirl Chapter Henhouses". On the homepage are instructions and a link to get registered in our henhouse. Then you can just log in with your username and password that already exists.

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  09:36:36 AM  Show Profile
LADIES!! Got it situated in our henhouse! Know Brenda will be happy as well! If you are a sisterhood member you will find us under Scattered Prairie Gals! Jump right in and join us there. Will post here as well so that those not in the sisterhood yet, will still know what the chapter is up too and we can still all 'chat' together! Enjoy the day! Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  8:44:35 PM  Show Profile
Judy, If there was a computer savvy badge, I would be first in line, lol! I am still learning! I need to email MJF tomorrow with the list of everyone and they will set all sisterhood members up in our henhouse! Yay! ALSO-had a nice talk with Brenda. She is doing pretty well and taking it careful so the healing goes smoothly. Hang in there Brenda! Good night, Ladies!

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  11:11:20 AM  Show Profile
Emailed the list of our chapter to MJF. They will set those of you who are sisterhood members up in our chapter henhouse. Will continue to post updates here as well. Once I hear from MJF, I will email each of you to let you know that you are set up to 'enter' the henhouse! Looking forward to the fun!! Received the rest of the chapter papers and I am in the process of getting each ladies packet put together and mailed out. Thank you all for your patience! The name badges my daughter is working on will be ready and mailed out in May. Have a good day farmgirls!

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2010 :  06:29:04 AM  Show Profile
I have contacted Cat at the "Badger Creek Farmgirls" and I'm looking forward to the tea in her garden. It really sounds like alot of fun. They are just trying to start a chapter I think.
I called her and she sent me an invitation, it says to wear your favorite garden hat and apron. Is anyone else going? That means I've got to get busy on my sisterhood badge. And do we have a chapter badge yet?

I finally got logged on to the henhouse, but it wouldn't let me post?
Connie/Lulu

LULU

Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2010 :  3:05:34 PM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Linda for all the updates. Mailed my pictures to Brenda yesterday. Lilly

Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2010 :  3:16:51 PM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
I did look at our henhouse site it looks good but as yet I can not post. Will try again later in the week. I did send my scrape book to Brenda and we use reusable bags as well. It would be nice if the stores would give us a kick back for doing it. It saves them money as well. Lilly

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  2:13:28 PM  Show Profile
Ladies, I heard from MJF and they have each of us set up for the henhouse now. Lilly, if you still have trouble, email Brenda or I and we can look into it for you!I agree that it would be great if the stores did something like that. Plus, it might encourage people to use the reusable bags!

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  2:14:47 PM  Show Profile
Connie, I will email you!

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  2:30:50 PM  Show Profile
Ladies,
Today I went to Goodwill to see if I could find some denium. I want to recycle them into tote bags for getting
groceries or whatever. I also thought I would make myself
a vest to put my badges on. Then I went to the one remaining Walmart that still has material in this area. I found some really cute hen material for an apron and maybe some trim on my sisterhood badge. I'm also thinking about a reversible apron but I would still need to find a contrasting material maybe a gingham, so I'm on the hunt.
I also found a site to purchase an apron from a farmgirl,if you are interested you would look under market place on the forum.
Connie

LULU

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  10:28:22 AM  Show Profile
I have ordered aprons from Grace. They are just beautiful. Even got one for my grandaughter. She just loves hers!Making a vest is a great idea, Connie!

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic UPDATES! New chapter-'Scattered Prairie Gals' Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page