Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Hows' the Swap Going!! A Different Kind of Swap!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Hows' the Swap Going!! A Different Kind of Swap!!! Next Topic
Page: of 17

tawandasister
True Blue Farmgirl

65 Posts

Sadiemae
Wolcottville Indiana
USA
65 Posts

Posted - May 22 2010 :  4:52:16 PM  Show Profile
I got a package from my farmgirl friend! It had the cutest picture frame to put a pic of my little ones in :) and CHOCOLATE! and crocheted washrag and towel - so FUN!! I love this swap :) Thanks Georgina!
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - May 22 2010 :  9:55:43 PM  Show Profile
Thank you my sweet Farmgirl Sister, Kelly, for my note that I rec'd today!! I just love getting "real mail"!!! Sorry to hear about your lettuce, but your chickens are no doubt "fat and sassy" now!!! I'll write soon! Hugs and smiles, Lin

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!
Go to Top of Page

Addybelle
Farmgirl in Training

34 Posts

Adrienne
Louisville KY
USA
34 Posts

Posted - May 23 2010 :  05:07:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Addybelle a Yahoo! Message
Yesterday I worked out in the garden with my new (and very needed) garden gloves from my sweet swap-sister, Karla. She has sent me the most thoughtful gifts and letters. I'm very lucky to have met her! This swap is better than expected!

~Adrienne
http://addybellesgarden.blogspot.com
Suffering from Barnheart...thanks Jenna W. :-)
Go to Top of Page

queenofadventure
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Jessica
Jensen Beach FL
USA
87 Posts

Posted - May 23 2010 :  07:20:55 AM  Show Profile
I was greeted by a package from my dear Farmgirl Sister Teresa yesterday!! I loved everything!! The candy sticks were very much nostalgic of an old drug store I used to go to :) Love the travel mug...as you know that will come in handy for my travels. The two books are absolutely fabulous...perfect timing for I need a nice dose of inspiration in my life right now! And the stone paper...How Cool! I have never seen that before....very unique to "Write It In Stone" hee heee! The card was wonderful too...It reminds me of my old german shepard Vince. Have a wonderful day as you certainly brightened mine!!
with blessings and gratitude,
Jess

farmgirl sister #937
Go to Top of Page

country roads
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Melissa
Shinglehouse Pa
USA
443 Posts

Posted - May 23 2010 :  10:09:19 AM  Show Profile
I received a wonderful package from Joan yesterday morning! Thank you so much Joan! I started the seeds you sent today along with some butternut squash seeds. I love the old chicken feed advertisement postcard. I started the book last night, I have never read a mystery before. Maybe it will be my new love! :) Hubby is going to put a picture hanger(?) on the back of the little bird house for me so I can hang it up amongst my pictures. Thank you so much for everything! I love it!
Oh, I really like your "EGG" sign. You have a very pretty house!
Unfortunately, I also received the package back that I sent to you :( I'm not sure what went wrong but I will be taking it to the post office in the morning to get it straightened out.

Thank you again Joan!

Take care, Melissa.

Farmgirl # 352

~Think happy thoughts~
Go to Top of Page

karla
True Blue Farmgirl

1308 Posts

karla
Pella Iowa
USA
1308 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  09:48:31 AM  Show Profile
So glad you liked them. It is fun to keep my eyes open for little things for you! How are the chicks?

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  11:31:40 AM  Show Profile
Hi Staci, I received your wonderful gift today! I LOVE the necklace it is so me! Color, items hanging etc - you are very talented. Oh, the package was wrapped so pretty too! The sweet card with the roses on it. Thanks so much for the photo of you, your as pretty as I thought you'd be, and your sweetness shows in your smile. Makes me feel closer to you now that I have a face to go with all the kindness you have shown me.
Dave and I are going out to dinner with friends tonight, I will be wearing my new "work of art and love" around my neck. I like hand crafted jewelry, as you already know! Great minds!
Lots of hugs,
Ruth

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  12:45:09 PM  Show Profile
So happy you like it Ruth! I'm still pretty new at the jewelry thing, I think I'm too fussy and just don't let the creativity flow well yet.
I've got some books coming and hope to learn some new techniques - I love the charms that Elaine from TinkerVerve makes and hope to learn how to solder pendants.
(Without burning myself.) I'll let you know how that goes.
Enjoy your night out!
Love, staci

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on May 24 2010 12:46:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

knitnpurlgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

83 Posts

Georgina
Cammack Village Arkansas
USA
83 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  7:45:56 PM  Show Profile
I received the sweetest package from Sadiemae today. Thank you for the letter and the bithday card. My daughter miriam was ecstatic over the key lime pie mix. We are making it this week. I loved the tea light and holder, fits perfect in my house. We are trying your recipe for banana bread this weekend, that is one of our favorite things to do. I make sourdough bread each week and usually some sort of quick bread or sweet for lunches. The daisy seeds I am very excited about. I am planting those tomorrow on my birthday. The chocolate is gone, sure was good. thank you for everything. I really enjoyed the package and most especially the notes. I enjoy hearing about your life, your little family sounds fun. I know that your life is never dull, I've been there, but loved every minute of it. take care-georgina

Secret of Happiness: "Be satisfied." "Be grateful." "For what you have. For the love you receive. And for what God has given you."
Go to Top of Page

tawandasister
True Blue Farmgirl

65 Posts

Sadiemae
Wolcottville Indiana
USA
65 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  7:55:42 PM  Show Profile
Great Georgina! Enjoy! This is going to be so much fun :) Happy Memorial day weekend farmgals!
Go to Top of Page

KellyWall
True Blue Farmgirl

336 Posts

Kelly
Apison Tn
USA
336 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  5:04:42 PM  Show Profile
Lin, Thank you for the Birthday wishes and the nice note. Thank you for the picture, it is nice putting a face with my new farmgirl sister, I will mail you a photo of me.
Have a great holiday weekend!

Kelly #238

May your bobbin always be full...
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  7:55:10 PM  Show Profile
Glad you got it before your birthday, Kelly!!! Happy birthday!!! Can't wait for your picture!!! You have a great weekend too!! Hugs, Lin

Edited by - Lin on May 29 2010 7:57:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  4:08:21 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Channah sent me a wonderful ggodie package- full of lotion, teas, nail polish and things. Sooo sweet.
Thank you again Channah!

Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  4:56:50 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
You are so welcome Melanie! sorry it was so late.
Hugs!!
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

Dilavendar
Farmgirl in Training

28 Posts

Di
Cortland Ohio
USA
28 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  08:33:38 AM  Show Profile
Hi Angela aka Farmgal, Loved the handpainted cat tea set you sent me. you're a great artist. This swap is so much fun. Hugs Di
Go to Top of Page

sw80689
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Sharon
Papillion Nebraska
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  9:53:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gail-Thank you so much for the precious Tea cup and saucer, love it!! Enjoying the tea and almonds:) Heartfelt thanks for being remembered on my birthday. Sorry I am late in posting this, my dad had a severe accident and was in ICU so I have been out of town with my parents at the hospital.
Hugs,
Sharon

Sharon
Farmgirl Sister #1393
*We are all angels with one wing, the only way to fly, therefore is to embrace one another*
Go to Top of Page

Grammygail
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Gail
Chattanooga Tennessee
USA
172 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2010 :  07:39:47 AM  Show Profile
Sharon,
I am so sorry about your Dad. I do hope he is recovering from his accident and that he is doing ok. I knew you hadn't been on in awhile and thought you might have taken a little vacation for your birthday. The hospital is not a vacation.
Keep me posted on your Dad and how he is doing. I will send him, your Mom and you and your family out to my prayer partners.
In my thoughts,
Your Farmgirl Sister Gail
Go to Top of Page

KellyWall
True Blue Farmgirl

336 Posts

Kelly
Apison Tn
USA
336 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2010 :  08:17:01 AM  Show Profile
Aww, Grammygail, I just noticed you are from Chattanooga! Welcome to the Sisterhood, I am in Apison, just 25 min. from downtown : )

Kelly #238

Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2010 :  08:24:43 AM  Show Profile
Isn't that interesting!!! Sharon, Gail's MJF Friend Swap Partner, is my sister!!! And Kelly, you and I are Swap Partner Sisters, and you and Gail live close together!! What were the chances that would have happened???? MJF made us ALL 4 sisters!!! Yeh!!! Hugs and Smiles, Lin

Go to Top of Page

KellyWall
True Blue Farmgirl

336 Posts

Kelly
Apison Tn
USA
336 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2010 :  5:56:07 PM  Show Profile
Lin did you get my mail yet? I sent a fabric postcard and am worried that it didn't get there, I mailed it Thursday June 3rd. Okay, Lin that is so weird, perhaps I can meet Gail, that would be so cool!

Kelly #238

Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2010 :  7:02:20 PM  Show Profile
Kelly, your BEAUTIFUL mail art post card arrived today and I got teary........it's so heartfelt and I absolutely love it!!! I am just amazed at your clever idea and to put so much time and work into it really touched my heart!!! Thank you so very much!! I showed my daughter and she said "oh that's so cute!!! And look at the stamps...pictures of our Princess Emma and Kitten Lily"!!! She was right.....our three kitties are all rescues and the stamps on our postcard has rescue kitties on them!!! Max, our Himalayan was a rescue from the Humane Society 13 years ago and our two sisters were dumped 3 years ago as 6 week old kittens!!! It was so perfect and I thank you with all my heart!! You really made my day!!! Yes, it would be so neat if you could meet Gail!!! Hugs and smiles, Lin

And how was your trip to GA this past weekend? I don't know what that is....you'll have to explain!!

Edited by - Lin on Jun 08 2010 7:05:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

KellyWall
True Blue Farmgirl

336 Posts

Kelly
Apison Tn
USA
336 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2010 :  06:48:48 AM  Show Profile
We had a great time at Callaway Gardens, it is a beautiful park and resort. We rode the entire bike trail I think 8 miles. Went to the butterfly gardens it is a really nice place, you can see it on their website. I am glad the post card arrived, I always wonder if the stamp will stay on until it arrives at its destination, with fabric you never know! We too had a cat like that, he dissapeared, and we don't know what happened to him, I hope someone took him in and a coyote didn't get him. Hugs to you too!

Kelly #238

Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2010 :  09:18:03 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like a wonderful trip, Kelly! I'll go on the website and check it out. Your postcard was in perfect condition when it arrived. I'm going to frame it in a double glass frame. Love it!! Our 3 kitties are inside kitties....I couldn't stand the stress of worry about them outside, plus we live in town and poor animals do sometimes get hit by cars. Sad...enjoy your day! Hugs, Lin

Go to Top of Page

Melbick
True Blue Farmgirl

81 Posts

Melanie
Venus TX
USA
81 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2010 :  09:19:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Melbick a Yahoo! Message
Could you please remove me from the swap list. Right now is just not the best time for me to be involoved. I have had a sudden death in the family that has hit me and my children very hard and right now I need to concentrate on them and keeping our farm going.

Melanie Bickham
FarmGirl Sister #1475

http://www.etsy.com/shop/homegrowngirls

Homegrown Girls
http://thebickhamfamily.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2010 :  09:27:51 AM  Show Profile
Melanie, I am so sorry for your loss. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you as you and your family go through this very difficult time. Hugs and Smiles, Lin

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Hows' the Swap Going!! A Different Kind of Swap!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page