Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 RAOK gifts received- please post here
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic RAOK gifts received- please post here Next Topic
Page: of 49

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2010 :  8:50:32 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I recieved a "secret" raok today. No name or return address. I got some pretty notecards and a cool pen. I want to thank my secret sender! Thank you!!!

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2010 :  8:55:07 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I got a really sweet and kind gift from Nancy Garterman! She sent me some wonderful cards, a beautiful rose tag, and some really, and I mean really cute buttons! Thank you so much!! I love everything! What a surprise!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

farmallgrl
True Blue Farmgirl

483 Posts

Angela
Westminster MD
USA
483 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  05:01:23 AM  Show Profile
I got a raok package in the mail yesterday. Thank you so Much CJ. She sent me a cow windsock and some beautiful floral fabric. Thank you so much for thinking of me:)

Angela
Farmgirl Sister #337

Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  1:55:05 PM  Show Profile
Seriously, its like Christmas here. Today I got TWO packages in the mail. Some beautiful stationary and a nice note from Sew Sweet...and a box of chocolate, stationary and the most gorgeous chicken statues I have ever seen!

And then I get all weepy, because its been a really crummy past couple days and it amazes me that I can feel so disconnected to people in real life because they think I'm a "freak" for living like I do (all old fashioned farmgirly like) and then I have this amazing connection to people I have never even met, but who totally get it. Thank you, thank you, thank you. This was so very special to me!!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.wakeupstartlearning.blogspot.com
www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  1:58:57 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Can I redue or add somethings to my list that I did. I reread what I wrote and would like to add a few things.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

farmallgrl
True Blue Farmgirl

483 Posts

Angela
Westminster MD
USA
483 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  2:37:13 PM  Show Profile
I am not really sure where to post this, but I was wondering if anyone would be opposed to getting a RAOK from a six year old (my son?) He keeps asking what I doing or mailing and I explain to him that it is doing something for someone out of the goodness of your. And I explained to him that the people that I send them too I have never really met in person but they hold a special place in my heart. So he wants to make a couple of things for spring and wants to send them to you too. I am hoping this is okay as it is a great thing to instill in the younger generations:) Thanks

Angela
Farmgirl Sister #337

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  2:47:02 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I knew I had seen this before but couldn't remember where. I posted on Across The Fence but I will post here, too.

I received some wonderful farmgirl mail today. First from Nancy. She sent a beautiful tea towel i am sure she embroidered in pink and green trim. It's so pretty. And some green buttons and an almanac from 1967. And a pretty picture of a blusjay with green leaves around it. Thank you so much.

Then another little package with a cute little notepad with a K on it. I always need notepads, as much as I have to make notes for everything I do. And some tea. Thank you whoever you are. I love it.

And a nice note from BJ Huff. I will have to write her back.

And last month Channah sent me a card with some tea bags in it. That was so sweet and thoughtful. Thanks again, Channah.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Edited by - kristin sherrill on Mar 08 2010 2:47:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13615 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13615 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  3:18:48 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Angela,
I think encouraging your son is a wonderful thing!! I wish that more kids were encouraged and interested.
Sounds great!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  3:26:41 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Channah, sure thing! Feel free to add on whenever you like. I very much hope this will be long a running thread full of farmgirl love!

Amy,I know how you feel as I'm sure most of the other ladies do too, when it comes to those around us. My guy doesn't understand our raok at all and my sister looks at me like I'm a loon for crocheting dishcloths, and let's not get started about what my mom thinks of my muck boots sitting by the front door. LOL I have come to this conclusion- Let them think what they will, I am very happy being me and I am so blessed to have sisters like you. Maybe we will never meet face to face, but it's quite possible that we will know we each other far better than we may ever know those that live right next door. I am so glad that your goodies brought you happiness!

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  3:28:11 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I agree Angela! When we were still doing the mail art, my son liked to help with that too. And my kiddos insist on drawing the name when I do a blog giveaway.

Melanie

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  3:48:20 PM  Show Profile
I received a wonderful RAOK this weekend from CJ! It had beautiful notecards, yummy Jasmine lotion, and an adorable pink piggy that will go perfectly in my piggy collection!
Thank you CJ for making my day brighter!
hugs
Jessie

"I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go." ~Abraham Lincoln

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  3:50:05 PM  Show Profile
great goodies gals!!!

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  3:52:32 PM  Show Profile
Had a long day of running mom to drs. and test. When I got home I was worn out. But perked up pretty fast, I had a gift from C.J. It was such a surprise. She sent me a cool memo pad with days sections on it. I can really use that. A pair of blue ankle socks which I love wearing in the summer with my tennies. And a pair of garden gloves, which I'm ready to start wearing. Thank you CJ for the lovely gift.

I have been blessed with such wonderful new friends,
Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  4:01:42 PM  Show Profile
Speaking of kids, my granddaughter is having some hard times at school. Her mommy just made a poster chart for her to put the stickers on and at the end of the week she gets a nice surprise. Well, her name is Kansas with a K. When I showed her my new cute little PINK and green notepad with the K on the front, I thought she was going to yank it out of my hand! So I think I will use that for her surprise. If that's ok with the sweet farmgirl who sent it. I don't think she will mind.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  4:04:49 PM  Show Profile
I had a wonderful surprise today when I got home. I had a gift from my secret sister! It is a dvd of "Follow the River". I can't wait to set a time aside so I can just get me a cup of tea and sit down and enjoy my new movie. Thank you secret sister for the perfect surprise.

Blessings, Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  7:51:17 PM  Show Profile
Nancy, THANK you for the notecards and little goodies for scrapbooking you sent me.
What a great friend you are. And thank you also to the anonymous person who sent me
the little booklet with the tea tucked inside. Whoever you are THANK you. Toni
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  8:15:40 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Well to sum up my list, I really like anything you farmgirls send! I am not picky. Anything you ladies send it a treasure in my eyes! I love tea, holiday sence candles, bookmarks, anything homemade, journals, etc. And I can not believe that I spelled Christian wrong. lol I do love books by Louis L'Amour even though I have only read one book. lol But really I love anything!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

theprimitivepilgrim
True Blue Farmgirl

217 Posts

Michelle
Baggs Wyoming
USA
217 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  9:11:55 PM  Show Profile
Just returned home from a quick three day get-away before all of our spring babies start arriving. The sweetest package from Nancy Jo was waiting for me, and brought tears to my eyes. The antique farm sale bill is beautiful, and will be framed and hung on the wall~ What a treasure. Absolutely loved the Thanksgiving postcard, buttons, Sunday School card, gift tag, and butterfly. The pattern wrapping paper was the best!

Thank you Nancy Jo for blessing me with your kindness~

~Michelle
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  04:30:16 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Channah, I added the rest of your info to the list. ok?

Melanie

Go to Top of Page

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1984 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1984 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  04:41:31 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo. . .THANK YOU!!!!!!!
After having a horrible day, I decided to take a walk to the mailbox to clear my head and tackle the afternoon projects. There, inside the mailbox is a package. . . I reach in and pull it out what could it be I hurried back to the house threw off my jacket and boots, sat down in my favorite chair and opened it up. . . I was RAOK'ed!!!!!

I love, love, love what you sent!!! It was like you were here and knew exactly what would cheer me up!!! I will be embroidering my new kitchen towels later this week using the transfers you sent, even a new apron is going to be embroidered with one of the designs.

You are the most wonderful Sister in the world!!! Thank you for taking the time to think of me, you truly touched my heart!!

Joanna #566
JojoNH
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CountryCents
www.CountryCents.com
http://CountryCents.Blogspot.com
http://Twitter.com/Eastwooddesigns
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  07:12:46 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Gartenman you have been one busy gal.
I returned from a day of running some not so great errands and there in my mailbox along with the relentless bills was a wonderful surprise from Nancy.
Some gorgeous buttons, a vintage pattern, some vintage photos a beautiful rose card and more . All wrapped up in pattern paper and tied with lace!!!!
Thankyou, thank you
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.artfire.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  2:13:49 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
that is great Melanie! Thank you!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  11:13:12 AM  Show Profile
I would love to complete my birth date list! (I'm kind of weird that way:o) )
Unless I missed them somewhere - I still need birth dates for Kristin, Michele, Marlene, and MaryBeth.
Thanks ladies!

Blessings, staci
:o )
FG#973

Never regret growing older - many people never get the privilege. - Irish proverb.
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  12:10:18 PM  Show Profile
just wanted to thank me SS she nailed it all things beautiful things and an adorable box
the lace dollie and the tassel and i love pez and the tiny pots and picks oh
thank you thank SS..your the best...
debi

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  1:20:12 PM  Show Profile
I got the sweetest set of notecards in the mail today. Blue with cherries and teapots!!~ so cute!
Thank you Diana! It was a wonderful surprise and most definitely brightened my day!
:)

hugs
Jessie

"I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go." ~Abraham Lincoln

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  1:28:37 PM  Show Profile
I received an adorable notebook from a secret someone. :) I have no clue who it was, or if it was an RAOK, but please know I love it and I think it was just so sweet of you! :)
hugs
Jessie

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 49 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic RAOK gifts received- please post here Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page