Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Mary Janes Farm has inspired me to....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Mary Janes Farm has inspired me to.... Next Topic
Page: of 2

vegetarian farmer
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Jane
Freedom pa
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2010 :  4:04:29 PM  Show Profile
I have also been inspired to do many things, but the best was she inspired me to sleep on my screened in porch. It is like sleeping outside and I looooooove it! I can't wait to get back out there and I even braved temperatures in the 30's. my husband had to move back in the house and I had to follow by late October. I am even thinking of putting a wood stove out there so I can get back out. Nothing is better than waking up with the sun, birds, and view of the whole farm. My bedroom feels like a tomb now.

http://hardworkhomestead.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

dandelionhouse
True Blue Farmgirl

205 Posts

Debbie
Plymouth Mass
USA
205 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  1:51:40 PM  Show Profile
How cool! I never understood screened porches until we moved east...Coming from the high desert we had mosquito's but they didn't interfere with enjoying the great outdoors after sundown too much. We have a little bug called Midgies here along the east coast.. and they arrive just around sundown. Talk about an unwelcomed dinner guest... anyway, lots of screend porches here and for good reason! I have been snipping out photo's of them to tuck away in my
dream home improvement binder for a couple of years now...
enjoy! The woodstove sounds perfect..

home is where we all craft the life of our dreams.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Mary Janes Farm has inspired me to.... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page