Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 gifts received from 5th round of secret sisters
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic gifts received from 5th round of secret sisters Next Topic
Page: of 7

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2010 :  11:45:29 AM  Show Profile
I just got back home and checked the mail box. I had something else from my secret sis!! And the envelope is so cute. She's so creative. I love it. So inside the pretty envelope were a pair of pretty green garden gloves I so deserately need right now! And a cute little thing full of sewing needles. And a green reusable bag. And a beautiful pair of green glass beaded earrings on silver hooks! I love them! Lots of green things. Love my green! Thank you so much. You're the best!

And I hope you have a wonderful trip where ever you're going. You'll have to tell me about it when I know who you are.

Hugs, Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2010 :  4:24:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi Lin this round is almost over. We have our reveal next week. But if you watch the site there will probably be another starting up in a couple of weeks.

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.
Go to Top of Page

Kyria
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kyria
Carthage TX
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2010 :  4:32:27 PM  Show Profile
Okay, here's the pic of the knitting needle roll-up my SS sent.

As you can see, I've already put it to good use! Thank you again, Secret Sis!
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2010 :  5:39:28 PM  Show Profile
As some of you know I've been away most of the week helping to care for my grandchildren while my oldest daughter was in the hospital having my grandson!
I arrived home late last night to find a package had come from my secret sister while I was gone! How fun it was to open it and find 2 packets of seeds- arugula, which I love, and snapdragons! I can't wait to plant both of them! And, there was a golden retriever magnet, which is so cute! My husband loved that too, and I put it right on the fridge. She also put in some "papers" I think they are called, postcard sized papers which are decorated. One is a Victorian girl in a beautiful walled garden and the other is a poem: Birthday joys with flowers on it. They will be put on my mirror in my bedroom!
Thank you so much secret sister! :)

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

Nothing we achieve in this world is achieved alone. It is always achieved with others teaching us along the way. Lee J. Colan

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2010 :  6:36:02 PM  Show Profile
I have been gone the past few days to a reading conference and to see my new grandson. I came home today to find a package waiting for me from my secret sister. It was a beautiful tea wallet filled with tea in my favorite color purple. It was so lovely. I can now take my tea on the go. What a wonderful and thoughtful idea. Thank you so much secret sister. I will treasure this gift and think of you every time I take tea with me on the go. How fun is that?

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2010 :  6:38:12 PM  Show Profile
oh goodness me I put this in the wrong post..this is supposed to be in secret santa...can you tell I am a bit tired.
I will post it there too.

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2010 :  1:52:27 PM  Show Profile
I received a very nice card from my secret sister. Thank You for thinking of me.

Julie

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
Go to Top of Page

bbteacher
True Blue Farmgirl

134 Posts

Bonnie
BALTIMORE Maryland
USA
134 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2010 :  2:36:00 PM  Show Profile
I received the nicest gifts from my SS. She sent a Feb package and a B-day present. She has written to let me know that she's not the "crafty," yet she made me a lovely picture frame. She put all my goodies in a hat box! It was so much fun to unwrap all the treasures. And after getting 52 inches of snow, it was such a great treat to get this package in the mail. Made me feel like I was back in the land of the living-I got mail1

Bonnie
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2010 :  3:33:01 PM  Show Profile
I have had such a wonderful SS that I could not ask for better. I must say again, that the ladies I have met here at MJ's have been outstanding, each a special treasure in their own way. I am anxious to meet my SS and I am anxious to tell mine who I am. This is a marvelous way to meet wonderful women...a zinger right to the heart. I loved your note SS, and have already had a cup of tea as I read one of MJ's books. "Thank you" is so lame for the generosity you have given me.

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

"Half of success is the assurance of support along the way." cr
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  08:15:52 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for letting me know!! I'll watch for it!!

quote:
Originally posted by EastTXFarmgirl

Hi Lin this round is almost over. We have our reveal next week. But if you watch the site there will probably be another starting up in a couple of weeks.

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!
Go to Top of Page

Kyria
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kyria
Carthage TX
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  08:46:49 AM  Show Profile
This is my first time to do the Secret Sister swap and I was wondering, how do you do the big reveal? Do we just send a letter/gift telling our identity? Or do we do it on here?
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  08:50:00 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Kyria, I am wonderng too. I plan one last gift this week, but wanted to do it correctly.

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  11:11:53 AM  Show Profile
Yes, ladies, this round #5 will end on March 7th and yes it did seem short, look for sign ups for the new round #6 probably right after Easter which is April 4th as I will be away in Florida visiting my son form alomost three weeks after traveling to Savannah Georgia for their St. Patricks Day parade!

Sue
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  11:28:38 AM  Show Profile
How exciting Sue!! I presume we will sign up again at a later date. I still want to know if I tell my "person" this week with my gift or what!! Thanks!

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

Go to Top of Page

AuntPammy
True Blue Farmgirl

488 Posts

Pamila
williamstown wv
USA
488 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  12:40:25 PM  Show Profile  Click to see AuntPammy's MSN Messenger address
Well, I always send my last gift to my secret sister with a note telling her who I am. This round seemed to just fly by and I am so looking forward to the next one.

Sue,I hope you have a lovely visit with your son in Florida! You are so sweet to do this-you are a very special person. Thank-you so much.

Blessings to all, Pam

"God made rainy days so gardeners could get their housework done!" unknown

www.auntpsalmostheaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  3:10:36 PM  Show Profile
I got the nicest gift from my SS today! She sent me a crochet book on Tunisian Crochet, which I have always wanted to try and some recipe cards with chickens on them and the nicest note with two quotes: Spring is on it's way, calling me ever so softly, but still calling me to the yard. and Love should be shared and given, not locked up or hidden. Thank you SS, you are the best!
I am sending my SS a package this week and I will reveal my name to her at that time.

Why not go out on a limb, that's where all the fruit is! "Mark Twain"
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

MelMel
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Melanie
Wa
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  4:26:20 PM  Show Profile
I`d like to join in this fun....How would I do that? Im totally new to this site....and I LOVE it already!

God is Good!
Go to Top of Page

MelMel
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Melanie
Wa
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  6:11:05 PM  Show Profile
I want to join in this fun...!

God is Good!
Go to Top of Page

Kyria
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kyria
Carthage TX
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  7:47:20 PM  Show Profile
Melanie, there'll be another one starting about April. This one is winding to a close. Keep an eye out, we'd love to have you!
Go to Top of Page

MelMel
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Melanie
Wa
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  8:58:05 PM  Show Profile
Awe Thanks....I`ll be looking forward to it!

God is Good!
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  05:18:14 AM  Show Profile
welcome Melanie LOve your name LOL!!

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

MelMel
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Melanie
Wa
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  08:05:00 AM  Show Profile
Oh yes...Looks like we are both Melanies...that doesnt happen to often! Thats neat.

God is Great!
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  4:48:19 PM  Show Profile
I got a post card from my traveling secret sister today. It was so sweat of you to think of me on your trip to Arkansas. I think Arkansas is so pretty. I lived in Bentonville for about a year with my job and just loved it.

Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  4:56:07 PM  Show Profile
I sent my reveal package today to my receiving Secret Sister. I go on duty tomorrow for the next 4 days and with 12 hour shifts I knew I would not get a chance to go to the post office until next week. I wanted it to be there by the reveal date. I'm not going to spoil the surprise but I will tell you I normally do not use that much tape. LOL. You will know who this it too when you get it. I waited until the last minute to go to the post office and when I went to wrap the package I realized I was out of the heavy duty wrapping paper. All I had was thin flimsy packing paper so the box is wrapped in flimsy paper and LOTS of tape. Be careful getting into the box the paper is not attached to the box. Don't cut into the box. Enjoy.

Go to Top of Page

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  7:21:04 PM  Show Profile
I received a lovely package from my Secret Sister, she sent me a new dish
cloth, some dipping spices, and notecards with my intial on them, everything
is just great, going to have to try the spice package when my sisters come
for a visit. Thank you soooo...... much. Hugs Toni
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic gifts received from 5th round of secret sisters Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page