Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 gifts received from 5th round of secret sisters
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic gifts received from 5th round of secret sisters Next Topic
Page: of 7

PansyMama
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Susan
Michigan
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  7:18:11 PM  Show Profile
I got a package this week from my secret sister. In it was the sweetest handmade valentine heart that I have now hung proudly on my front door. Also, some beautiful red Valentine's candles. I love them. Finally a great book that I can't wait to read, The Prairie Girl's Guide to Life. Right up my alley. I love them all! Thank you secret sister, for being so thoughtful, you really brightened my day! Oh, and my daughters' days too, they were just as excited as I was!!

Susan
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2010 :  09:32:52 AM  Show Profile
Ok, I have learned a lesson today. Always be ready for strangers to come to the house when you least expect it. Here I am cleaning this morning wearing my grungy clothes, no makeup, and a van pulls up in the driveway. It's a Jehovah's Witness guy sharing some literature. We talk a little bit. Thye leave. Then about an hour later the dogs are barking again like someone's here. I look and there's my very favorite person in the world, my mail guy!! He has this big box covered in hearts! I get it and go back inside. Of course it's from the very best SS in the world. I just love you. I open the box and there is this round bubble wrapped thing. It took about half an hour to unwrap it. I used scissors and a knife and brute strenght, too, just for good measure. Finally got it all unwrapped. It's the prettiest little pottery vase. I love it so much. I just love pottery. Thank you bunches. And also a pretty flower transfer thing. I'll have to get a nice shirt to put it on.

And the most precious letter. I almost cried. Such a great letter. Wonderful memories of her childhood in Va. Just beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing with me. I also consider you my sister . I can't wait to meet you when this is over. I hate for it to be over. You are putting me to shame here with my SS. I am just thrilled with all my great gifts. I can't thank you enough. You have made my day so much brighter.

I almost forgot to answer a question. Yes, green is my very favorite color. Just green. Every room in my house, except the kitchen and it will be soon, is green.

Many hugs coming your way. Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2010 :  09:42:59 AM  Show Profile
Nope I have the best secret sister!!!! I received the most beautiful handmade notecards.
Oh I love them, I just want to keep them all for me!! But I may just use one or two
to pen a note to my friends. Thank you so so much!! Toni
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2010 :  11:10:25 AM  Show Profile
Feeling a little sore today from my RA...went to my mailbox and felt better right away! Received the nicest note and an embroidered hankie from my SS today. I also got a thank you note from Channah and my first letter from a farmgirl penpal all at the same time. Perfect timing. Thank you SS, Channah and Heidi!

Why not go out on a limb, that's where all the fruit is! "Mark Twain"
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  07:01:11 AM  Show Profile
~ This is to my Secret Sister: WHO ARE YOU!?!?!

You have sent me the most diverse and wonderfully thoughtful gifts. Dan brought me a package from the post office & said he was getting a little scared. Asked why, he said, "you are getting more gifts from others that I give you." When I opened the package, it was a wonderful pink & chocolate colored- Be My Valentine-print apron. You also sent heavy duty measuring spoons in the shape of hearts. How thoughtful. When the SS 5 is over, I just want to thank you personally.

I can't believe how my other exchange sisters are so wonderful too, whether it be Toni (what a woman) for the cup/saucer bird feeder, or Donna Timms with her comfort recipes including one for my hands. WOW...it is great to have farm sisters!!

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

"Half of success is the assurance of support along the way." cr
Go to Top of Page

MrsDirtDoctor
True Blue Farmgirl

165 Posts

Hallowell Maine
USA
165 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2010 :  06:19:13 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much secret sister you made my day! i love the valentine treats the doilies to craft with! hugs :)

Shayna
Go to Top of Page

Leelee
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Wraylee
Diamond WA
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2010 :  09:56:30 AM  Show Profile
Dear Sweet Secret Sister, who ever you are. You really brightened my week last week. I received your package on Tuesday after a SUPER stressful long work day. It brought me to tears just seeing the care you put into what you sent. Thank you soooooo much for everything, I love each and every piece you sent! The Valentines cone is ADORABLE, how did you know I love yo-yos? I baked heart shaped cookies this weekend, made lattes to share with my DH, and even let him have a chocolate or two :) The idea books helped me with my own Valentines to send out, and the candles made my scrapbooking room smell DELICIOUS! I want to eat the huckleberry airfreshner because it smells just like the real thing. Really looking forward to making the sammys from your recipe too. There was so much love in this package, especially the handmade scarf. I will treasure it.
Thank you, SS, and I hope you had a great Valentines Day too!

Feeling down? Saddle up!
www.quiltcropandcabbage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  09:16:33 AM  Show Profile
I received a wonderful farmgirl pillow kit from my secret sister. Thank You so much, I can't wait to put it together.

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
Go to Top of Page

farmallgrl
True Blue Farmgirl

483 Posts

Angela
Westminster MD
USA
483 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  09:45:05 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much for my earrings secret sister!! I do LOVE them sooooo much. I am going to wear them tomorrow. I have already picked out an outfit to match!!!!!

Angela
Farmgirl Sister #337

Has life got you down?...Look Up!
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  11:57:46 AM  Show Profile
My SS is the best! Just got a beautiful crocheted scarf and some chocolate. The note said a scarf for your neck and candy for your soul.
Thank you SS!

Why not go out on a limb, that's where all the fruit is! "Mark Twain"
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

Kyria
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kyria
Carthage TX
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  1:42:49 PM  Show Profile
I received this Valentine's pin cushion and note today.

It even had pins in it! Isn't it beautiful?
I love it! Thank you, Secret Sister!!!
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2010 :  5:58:48 PM  Show Profile
I got home from a very hard day at work and found a wonderful little package from my secret sister. A bar of honeycomb soap. I love the mold. I have never seen a honeycomb mold for soap. That is too cool. Thank you. And I can promise you it will get used tonight. I worked in the Nursery today and I've been pouked on, peed on, pooped on I need a long hot shower. LOL

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2010 :  09:26:25 AM  Show Profile
Words cannot express what quiet joy and tenderness I felt as I received my package from my secret Sister. I so want to meet her and give her much love for her thoughtfulness and intimate sharing in her note. Sister...you know what you said, and I along with you pray, laugh and rejoice. My gifts of Mary Engelbreit's art are so precious. Sweet Sister, I used to subscribe to her magazine, and loved how she had her special touch on houses and yards. My most favorite were the paper dolls and frameable pictures. The paper dolls took me back to my childhood. Paper cut-outs were the fad and very inexpensive for families who could not afford to give many dollies. Every time I see and use the gifts, I most certainly will think of you! Thank you again!

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

"Half of success is the assurance of support along the way." cr
Go to Top of Page

MrsDirtDoctor
True Blue Farmgirl

165 Posts

Hallowell Maine
USA
165 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  06:49:27 AM  Show Profile
I got some prizes yesterday from my SS!! thank you so much SS, I love the day planner and have meaning to buy one since college and work and life has got me all jumbled..how did you know i needed that!? I can't wait to plant the seeds this spring and i love the bookmark! you made my day :) hugs to you!!
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  07:18:23 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry, I posted in the wrong place.....My S.S has sent me two great packages. both with scrapbooking goodies!! love it all, but my favourite is a daily prayer/reflection book for women! thanks soooo much!

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

Moodene
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

Nadine
Devers Texas
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  07:46:25 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Moodene's MSN Messenger address  Send Moodene a Yahoo! Message
Just to let my secret sister know I got my box yesterday morning. will post pics later. In the middle of making my hubby comfortable since he came home from the hospital yesterday evening. He had staph infection in his left leg..what a grouch he has been..LOL..he keeps telling me that he is sorry but he doesn't feel 100% yet. I keep telling him..I know I know....lol..

Love me like I am. farmgirl #801
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  3:08:29 PM  Show Profile
Yesterday, from my secret sister, I received a packet of seeds (from Bakers Creek, yea!), a tote bag that I believe was homemmade, (by my secret sis?) and a pair of gardening gloves, which I really need as I forgot to ask for a new pair for my recent birthday! Many thanks to my secret sister!

Sue Feely
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  5:15:46 PM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
I want to add a line here to all the senders and receivers. Am I the only one who sends things to some one knowing who she is and ending up reading the statments she makes to others, other then this site alone. This SS thing has really been fun for me and I hope the others who are in this as well are having fun and in the end finding new friends. Mary Jane is the best.

learning the life I always wanted.

Edited by - solilly on Feb 24 2010 5:16:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kyria
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kyria
Carthage TX
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  5:21:32 PM  Show Profile
Nope, you're not the only one! It's fun to read other posts by the sister you're sending to! I actually looked up some of her posts in order to get to know her tastes better.
Go to Top of Page

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2010 :  09:39:53 AM  Show Profile
Hi Secret Sister, I am not sure if you sent me the afgan or if it was my secret santa
so I am going to post in both places. If it was you THANK you so much. And it is one
of my favorite colors, I like reds and burgundys and it will match nicely in my living
room. Hugs Toni
Go to Top of Page

AuntPammy
True Blue Farmgirl

488 Posts

Pamila
williamstown wv
USA
488 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2010 :  10:32:04 AM  Show Profile  Click to see AuntPammy's MSN Messenger address
A great big thank-you to my secret sis! I got the sweetest note from her. I am glad the weather (whereever you are) is cooperating with your gardening.

Plus girls, she sent me a package of Rain Lily bulbs! I cannot wait to get them in the ground...I have the perfect spot for them out by my fish pond. That was such a thoughtful gift...thank-you so much. I will think of you often whenever I look at them.

"God made rainy days so gardeners could get their housework done!" unknown

www.auntpsalmostheaven.blogspot.com

Edited by - AuntPammy on Feb 25 2010 1:21:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2010 :  6:27:43 PM  Show Profile
Hey Sue just checking to make sure I have my days right. We are revealing the week of March 7, correct? This round has gone so quickly.

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.
Go to Top of Page

arabianhorselover
True Blue Farmgirl

422 Posts

Jennifer
Bedias TX
USA
422 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2010 :  7:39:47 PM  Show Profile
I hope my SS is okay because I haven't heard anything from her! :( I have seen posts by my SS that I have sent to. So thank you for posting!

Breeder of Straight Egyptian Arabians and SportHorses
www.whisperwindsarabians.com
Farmgirl Sister #561
Never squat with your spurs on!!!

www.throughjenslens.etsy.com
http://twitter.com/arabhorselover
www.hillbilliehoneys.blogspot.com
www.kountrybumpkinfarmgirl.blogspot.com

Edited by - arabianhorselover on Feb 25 2010 7:41:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2010 :  09:15:38 AM  Show Profile
I would love to sign up for the Secret Sister. What do I need to do? I'm rather new to this!!Lin

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!
Go to Top of Page

Kyria
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kyria
Carthage TX
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2010 :  8:38:30 PM  Show Profile
I got home from a long out-of-state trip to find a package from my secret sister! It's a knitting needle holder and I love it! Thank you, Secret Sis! I will definitely use it.

You said in your note that you hoped we were surviving whatever weather we're getting. Well, we're doing just fine! We've had two rounds of snow, which is very unusual for us! But it melted quickly and the weather is more spring-like now.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic gifts received from 5th round of secret sisters Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page