Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 gifts received from 5th round of secret sisters
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic gifts received from 5th round of secret sisters Next Topic
Page: of 7

yquiltsalot
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Yvonne
Renton WA
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2010 :  3:44:32 PM  Show Profile
Good to know! Thanks, I'll be keeping my eyes open for this!
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2010 :  5:41:19 PM  Show Profile
OK mystery solved, I got a post card from my secret sister today. She sent the birthday package. Thank you again secret sister. I just love getting mail and all the goodies made it extra special.

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.
Go to Top of Page

Moodene
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

Nadine
Devers Texas
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2010 :  11:18:32 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Moodene's MSN Messenger address  Send Moodene a Yahoo! Message
I got my package from my secret sister!! I got 2 rolls of satin ribbon which I will use on my sewing projects. A rooster magnet! I love anything w chicken designs on anything. I also got a pk of lettece seeds for container gardening which I do..will look at the website to see about more seeds from www.Agriburbia.com . I got a Moda thingy with a metal D ring on it..already got few keys on it..haha and a personl note to look on Moda Bake Shop site..and a beautiful card signed by my SS.

Love me like I am. farmgirl #801
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2010 :  07:54:13 AM  Show Profile
I see that we have some newcomers who wish to join, yes, this session is closed but look for new signups around the 1st or 2nd week of April. I will try to remember to look back here and contact those of you who showed interest in joining!

Sue
Go to Top of Page

yquiltsalot
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Yvonne
Renton WA
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2010 :  08:12:33 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Sue! I love Secret Sisters and used to do it with an online quilt group I was in (now defunct, alas...) It's a lot of fun to have a buddy to spoil. Ooh and getting goodies is a perk too.
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2010 :  09:24:22 AM  Show Profile
Wow!!!
My secret sister is the best!!!!!
My computer has been down; sick with a virus, poor thing But now I am up and running again.
My secret sister sent me a lovely book. The diary and letters of Lucy Maude Montgomery, author of the Anne of Green Gables books. I have been enjoying it sooooooo much. Whe also sent me a terrific box of assorted teas which have been geat with the cold weather here in Michigan.
My daughter fell and broke her leg so she has been staying with me and she, too, is enjoying the tea.
SIS sent me a sweet letter and seems to know all about me.
Thank you, thank you!!!!
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

tinarie
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Tina
Bagdad Florida
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2010 :  12:48:14 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Sue for the information. And you too Yvonne for the very kind offer. Reading that made me smile. We must check back in April. I have never had a secret sister. Do you get a certain name for a period of time? Very Exciting. I would like a chicken:) giggles. kidding of course.

...When one flower blooms,spring awakens everywhere....
- John O'Donohue
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  08:46:48 AM  Show Profile
I was just getting ready to start some soap and heard the dogs barking like crazy. Looked out the window and there's my mail carrier in the driveway. I go out and she hands me this HUGE box over the fence. It's from my SS! So I ran back inside and ripped it open and there is the most beautiful handsown red pillow! She has all sorts of farm things on the front like chickens and even some little recipes. It's felt too and so soft and warm. Hand sewn, too. It's on my chair right now waiting for me to sit back down and enjoy it.

Thank you SO much for thinking of me and making such a nice gift that will last a lifetime. I will think of you whenever I see it. I am just thrilled with it. Thank you, thank you and thank you again! You have made my day brighter. I feel very special right now.

Hugs, Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Leelee
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Wraylee
Diamond WA
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  08:56:16 AM  Show Profile
Good morning girls! I thought my DH had checked the mail last night...but I had a funny feeling to check it again on my way out this morning and wouldn't you know! A letter from my SS and a pack of recipe cards from the recipe card exchange! What a great day to get TWO wonderful things from farmgirls! My SS sent a lovely card with a bookmark on the front. I LOVE the Scandinavian Blessing printed on it! "May the light always find you on a dreary day~ And when you need to be home, May you always find your way~ May you always have courage to take a chance, and never find frogs in your underpants!" LOL! She also wrote a letter in which she says she's going on a cruise soon. I HOPE YOU HAVE A BLAST! Soak up some rays for me too! I really enjoy reading about your farm life and look forward to getting to know you better!
Hugs!

Feeling down? Saddle up!
www.quiltcropandcabbage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  11:13:03 AM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
I as some of the others have received a gift from my ss. I must say I have a lot of garden and craft books but I do not have this one. Thanks very much again to my ss. Lilly

learning the life I always wanted.

Edited by - solilly on Feb 02 2010 12:23:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  12:23:06 PM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Forgot to let you all know the title of the book my sweat SS sent me: Decorative Accents for the Garden. Love all Lilly

Go to Top of Page

Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  4:38:01 PM  Show Profile
Thank you secret Sister for the thoughtful package with the valentine embellishments and the plates and napkins, they are too cute. My daughter and I are going to have a tea party and we are going to make Valentines. Thank you so much as you have made us both happy!

Kelly
Farmgirl #238

May your bobbin always be full...
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  06:01:32 AM  Show Profile
Yesterday my granddaughter got off the bus and got the mail for me. She had an armful. There was the sweetest handmade card from my SS. She told me about her 2 grandfathers and how they were both farmers. I love her stories about them. We have alot in common because both mine were farmers, too. Also both were preachers. But farming was something they did to survive and keep food on the table for their families. My grandmothers were a big part of that. So I am proud of that. I guess that's where I get my love of farming from.

So thank you so much for the nice pillow again. I have it on my chair and it's so comfy and warm. And I also love the bookmark. I always need those. You are so sweet and I hope we will be able to keep in touch when this is over. Maybe penpals? I would love that. Have a great day.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  07:30:28 AM  Show Profile
Kris you should post a picture so we can all see your beautiful pillow!!!

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

Nothing we achieve in this world is achieved alone. It is always achieved with others teaching us along the way. Lee J. Colan

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  2:16:20 PM  Show Profile
I received an unbelievable gift from my very own secret sis today! A big, beautiful pincushion, some fabric, very bright and sunny and makes one think of Spring, a bar of soap that is colored with baby carrots, who knew, a really nice knitted (by herself) dishcloth, a pad of pretty paper for my endless lists and some earl grey teabags which she says is her favorite; Earl Grey is my favorite too, can't wait till the morning to try that brand! You are too good secret sister! Isn't this fun!?

Sue
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  2:24:34 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, I wish I could. I have tried but can't seem to be able to get pictures on here. I can do Photo bucket but need my daughter to even load the pictures onto that for me. I am computer stupid. Sorry.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  2:30:28 PM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Here it is Feb 4th and I just got my second package from my SS who ever you are I want you to know it is very kind of you. Opening package now. Chocolates, a very pretty bow around a paper covered red neck warmer with two large black and white buttons. I can tell before reading the card she has made this herself. Everything is wraped in heart paper. The inclosed card said she made it and to use it instead of a scarf. How would she know I wear scares. Thank-you again. I also wish you a very happy Valentine's day. Will be in touch. Lilly you call me Lillian

Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  5:02:03 PM  Show Profile
I got a note from my SS today with some really cute 'honey bee' recipe cards in the envelope. Thank you SS.

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.
Go to Top of Page

queenofadventure
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Jessica
Jensen Beach FL
USA
87 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  11:54:57 AM  Show Profile
Yay! I got a nice package from secret sister yesterday! A sweet little hanging angel with "angels gather where friends are," enscripted on it! It will be perfect for my car and then for the christmas tree...i'm sure it will find many places to reside! Then a pink/rose quartzy key chain "perfect because that color is like rose quartz which symbolizes the heart..which I had open heart surgery when I was 4...and the heart means alot to me." I love the card too! Thanks So Much S.S.!

farmgirl sister #937
Go to Top of Page

Kyria
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kyria
Carthage TX
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  12:03:50 PM  Show Profile
Yesterday I received a pretty little recipe card packet complete with a pen and dividers, all tied up in a pretty ribbon. Thank you, Secret Sister!

To answer your questions, I like to both knit and crochet, but prefer smaller projects that are quickly completed. I also sew.

It's very hard to narrow down what I like to read. Christian fiction, but not mushy love stories. Mysteries are good. Nothing raunchy.

Hope that helps!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  1:58:11 PM  Show Profile
I just went to the mail box and got the cutest handmade valentine card. I love it. I am going to frame it. It's on red paper and it's a tree she painted with some really pretty pink and red fibery yarn going down the right side of the trunk. I hope ya'll can just picture this. It's so beautiful. I love bare trees, too. Thank you so much. You have been so thoughful and sweet. I can't wai to find out who you are.

It also has a glittery gold heart around a red heart at the top of the trunk. And another at the bottom. Love it! And painted green branches.

Hugs, Kris

Happiness is simple.

Edited by - kristin sherrill on Feb 06 2010 2:00:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

AuntPammy
True Blue Farmgirl

488 Posts

Pamila
williamstown wv
USA
488 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  4:52:48 PM  Show Profile  Click to see AuntPammy's MSN Messenger address
I got the sweetest card from my secret sis today...I absolutely love it! Included in the card was a packet of Zinnia seeds which brightened my rather snowy day and got me to thinking of spring! Thank-you secret sis, you have really brightened my day. I cant wait to find out who you are.

"God made rainy days so gardeners could get their housework done!" unknown

www.auntpsalmostheaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2010 :  04:29:26 AM  Show Profile
I received a package from my secret sis yesterday, but didn't open it until really late last night!
She sent me a pair of garden gloves- how did you know I wore through all mine last fall?! Some cute recipe cards- needed those too! Some cute little craft flowers, and a wonderful lavender sachet...I can never have too many of those!
Thank you Secret sister for brightening up my day!

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

Nothing we achieve in this world is achieved alone. It is always achieved with others teaching us along the way. Lee J. Colan

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

AuntPammy
True Blue Farmgirl

488 Posts

Pamila
williamstown wv
USA
488 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  12:24:36 PM  Show Profile  Click to see AuntPammy's MSN Messenger address
The snow is well, snowing and blowing, lol and the wind is well, blowing and howling,lol and yet...I was drawn out to my mailbox. You see, I was peeking out my window and noticed the mailman put a package in my mailbox!!!!

Now I am not usually peeking out my windows but well truthfully there isnt much else to do today, lol. Anyways the sweetest Valentine surprise was waiting for me! A lovely dishtowel with hearts appliqued on it and a lovely pin (brooch) to pin on my jacket! It is already on there by the way! Thank-you my secret sister who ever you are...you are the best!

"God made rainy days so gardeners could get their housework done!" unknown

www.auntpsalmostheaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  6:06:23 PM  Show Profile
I think we must all have "the best" SS #5 sisters. I received 3 cross stitch booklets, along with some Aida cloth and some plastic cloth that is meant to be a book cover or other items. These booklets are both pretty and cute patterns. I am anxious to find out who you are. You are very generous and I am very thankful!

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

"Half of success is the assurance of support along the way." cr
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic gifts received from 5th round of secret sisters Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page