True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  06:55:44 AM  Show Profile
Patti -

It would be nice to get MaryJane in on this idea. Yes, it would be good to have a few items to choose from to wear that have FARMGIRL on it. Like Frannie says, not everyone wears a hat - but if there was a hat, shirt, pin, etc that had the logo on it with a sunflower then you would know it is a fellow farmgirl. How do we get MaryJane's thoughts on this?

Anne

"Second star to the right, straight on till morning" Peter Pan

Edited by - asnedecor on Apr 10 2006 06:56:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  07:21:12 AM  Show Profile
I'm not sure that we *have* to get MJ's approval, but I was just thinking I'd feel more comfortable with that for a couple of reasons. First, she's so darned creative and everything that I figure she may have some wonderful ideas to tie together everything posted here and come up with the perfect "thing", whatever that is.

Second, since this is her site and her "name" (FarmGirls), trademarked or not, I personally would feel more comfortable doing something of this nature, especially since it was hatched & incubated here (am I starting to think more & more like a farmgirl, or not? ), with her stamp of approval.

Another thing I keep thinking is that surely she is very busy and doesn't get alot of time to read these threads. I think she'd love hearing about this, being consulted, etc. I know if I were her, this would give me a real glow of pleasure.

That's just me, though, and I surely don't want to start bossing folks around here or making things difficult.

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  07:39:35 AM  Show Profile
I agree that whatever we decide should say FARMGIRL and not just be a symbol if possible..I like the idea of running it past MaryJane too.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sillyfoulks
True Blue Farmgirl

164 Posts

Elizabeth
Illinois
USA
164 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  09:54:07 AM  Show Profile  Send sillyfoulks an AOL message  Send sillyfoulks a Yahoo! Message
I knew you girls would come up with some brilliant ideas for this. And,Yes, I agree we should get MaryJane's opinion on this! Oh, this is exciting!

Elizabeth

Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing.

http://livingcountrystyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  10:50:17 AM  Show Profile
I'm with Patti and Frannie on this one...I would love to wear something that set me out as a farmgirl but I don't usually wear hats. And eventhough MJF doesn't really "own" the word Farmgirl she still started it here and we should at least give credit. If anyone would like anything designed I'd be more than happy to creat some ideas for everyone. But I definitely think it should be very universal - something that can be pin, shirt or hat..

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com
www.smallsqrl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  11:11:08 AM  Show Profile
A PIN would be perfect! You could wear it on a ribbon around your hat top (don't know what it's called), on your blouse or apron, with dressy or casual . . . I don't think I need to go on and on.

Plus a pin would be much more affordable than an item of clothing, which would mean more of us would be able to get one. What a great idea!

How about a sunflower pin with FarmGirl in pretty script either up the stem or across the center of the flower?

Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  11:17:39 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Love love love the pin idea. now you artists get creative! lets see what you can come up with.

FYI- sent a message to Meg since the queen bee is away and hope she passes this on to her. so i hope we hear something soon.

i know this sounds corny but when i first started thinking about this, all i could think of was a secret handshake!!!!LOL

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights
Go to Top of Page

rosebud74a
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

Stacy
Maryland NY
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  11:39:34 AM  Show Profile  Send rosebud74a an AOL message
I like the idea of a pin, then you could wear it with anything, since we are all individuals. A pin is so much more versitile than a piece of clothing. I can almost see it in my head, wish I had a way to make it appear on here...are you all thinking a button type pin, or something metal....hmmm. maybe we could have a design contest and have MJ (or her stand in) be the judge..

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Eleanor Roosevelt, 'This Is My Story,' 1937

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  11:43:56 AM  Show Profile
I'm for this, what ever we come up with, I just love the red hat ladies, such cuties!! Sure would be neat to have our own symbol to wear proudly, esp. when traveling about. I agree too, we need to run it by Mary Jane first.

www.sageflowerfarm.blogspot.com

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  11:48:19 AM  Show Profile
I vote for the pin - yes great idea. Sunflower with the words FARMGIRL incorporated somehow. I would love the pin.

Anne

"Second star to the right, straight on till morning" Peter Pan
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  11:57:14 AM  Show Profile
Beth,
We could still do a secret handshake if you really want to. I'm not real coordinated (you should have seen me try to do aerobics back in the day -- not a pretty sight for many reasons!), but I'll do the best I can to keep up with you guys.

I can see me now -- going up to perfect strangers, flailing my hand around in our secret handshake thing, and them backing away slowly with a frightened look in their eye, tucking their little ones safely behind them.

Off topic, but I have looked at all those little icons over there to the side and there are some I'd really like to use, but they never seem to fit what I say. Like the green guy with the red tongue sticking out. I think he's cute, but he means "tongue", and that's just not me! Oh well.

Edited by - happymama58 on Apr 10 2006 11:58:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  12:20:23 PM  Show Profile
Hey, farmgirls!
I did speak with my mother this morning. She says she stayed up most of the night sorting through drawers, etc. at Grandma's house; reading lots of old letters, diaries, etc.; cleaning, crying. Anyway, my mother has had a few challenges in the trademark area lately...trying to keep our right to use farmgirl. I can't go into details at this time, but it's been expensive and stressful.

In other words, there is a commercial endeavor underway that doesn't come from us. BUT, Momma loves your idea for the word Farmgirl emblazoned with sunflowers on bonnets, aprons or hats, or whatever! An apron emblem is less problematic, but we're hopeful, so be patient for a bit and we'll let you know in a month or less what we can do. In the meantime, tape a plastic sunflower around the antennae of your car (you'll find your car easier in parking lots!), or wear your favorite apron to town! A contest for best pin design bearing the word Farmgirl and a sunflower or an apron is a fantastic idea!

Kate, Johanna, and I have all been working on Farmgirl tote bags (containing 2# of Budget Mix, an apron pattern, and a magazine in a smallish tote bag that will be good for your stitching projects.) It has "Farmgirl at Heart" embroidered on it [the bags are sewn and embroidered by us] and will be offered in the next magazine that, if you've become a subscriber before last week, you'll receive in the mail in a couple of weeks!!! It's a special issue, 192 pages.

Farmgirl love,

Meg

ps. I love the secret handshake!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  12:42:58 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Meg- And thanks for the update on your mom. Wow sounds like there is a lot to look forward to coming out soon. We're glad you all like the idea. And I love the idea for an antennae.

blessings
beth

Edited by - celebrate2727 on Apr 10 2006 12:51:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

sillyfoulks
True Blue Farmgirl

164 Posts

Elizabeth
Illinois
USA
164 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  1:02:26 PM  Show Profile  Send sillyfoulks an AOL message  Send sillyfoulks a Yahoo! Message
Patti, I couldn't help but burst out in giggles over the secret handshake with perfect strangers. It was a perfect example of ROFLOL.

Oh and Meg, as soon as I get off here, I am going to run and find an old plastic sunflower. I think I have one in the attic. I am sure I will have everyone in town asking me about it. ROFLOL

Elizabeth

Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing.

http://livingcountrystyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  1:28:09 PM  Show Profile
Meg, I didn't realize that's where your mother was. My heart goes out to her. I have helped my mother go through my dad's things, and I dread the day I have to do the same with her things. It's a bittersweet time -- we found things that made us cry and from time to time something that made us laugh through our tears. I'll never forget looking over and seeing my mom holding one of Dad's tshirts up to her face and breathing in his scent. I'll keep your mom in my prayers, and you and your brother, too.

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  1:51:22 PM  Show Profile
i travel around a lot .. soooo .. i'm thinking of painting a SUITCASE with FARMGIRL (and paintings of SUNFLOWERS) emblazoned across it! imagine when it comes around that turnstile thingie at the airport with a hundred or more people looking for their luggage .. i'd probably let it 'roll around' several times and watch the reactions and wait for a farmgirl to be watching to see just WHO that travellin' FARMGIRL is!

i have a friend who does great 'folk art painting' and she had painted on suitcases before .. i might just have HER do one for me!

and lordy .. i'm ALWAYS "totin" stuff .. so a big book-bag with a scene painted on it would be great too!

i love wearing those big rubber galoshes .. (but not so much in the summertime) .. oh how cute THOSE would be all 'did' up farmgirl-ish!

we could even get some of those 'sticky' letters and plaster FARMGIRL across our back-window .. or on the trunk or the side of our car!

i can hardly wait to get to 'creatin'!!!

xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  2:00:54 PM  Show Profile
My husband has a business on the side in which he makes vinyl decals and signs. He can make multi-color, single color, and almost any size and design you can imagine, unless it's a copyrighted image. Even some of those are available at a small cost.

He can make a sunflower for our car windows, so if anyone is interested, let me know. I'll let Meg know and make sure it won't cause any problems if we want to use the word FarmGirl on it somehow, since she mentioned some issues lately involving the use of farmgirl.

Anyway, let me know, ladies, if this is something you might be interested in. He could make up some different designs based on the consensus of the group and I could post them for everyone to vote on.

He's made these for companies, local sports teams, school fundraisers, individuals, etc. I wish you could see the tiger face my dd has on her rear window (her school mascot is the tiger)!

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  2:05:43 PM  Show Profile
Meg
It all sounds so exciting. I may be first in line to buy that tote bag, sounds very cute. Hope the issue with the FARMGIRL name can be resolved, its always something isn't it.Of course like the other girls, looking forward to the magazine and the new books.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  4:03:51 PM  Show Profile
I will have to for sure be the owner of the tote bag too...and heck Patti..I want a farmgirl sticker!!! This is fun!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  4:30:30 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
patti- creator of the farmgirl handshake jive!!! i want a sticker too.

blessings
beth

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  4:39:13 PM  Show Profile
I just bought MaryJanesFarm purse online! I am so excited to get it. I am going to us it all the time and just see if anyone asks me about it! And I am looking for a sunflower for my car. My hubby is going to think I have taken one step closer to nuts! :)

Peace
Go to Top of Page

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  8:06:05 PM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
sign me up for EVERYTHING!! Im loving the sticker/decal for the car and of course the tote!! Since i am an art student maybe i can get a graphic design buddy to come up with something of an idea, and just see what we can come up with...i love this idea!

You must be the change you want to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  9:15:44 PM  Show Profile
I like all the ideas! I think it would be fun to have something to give a signal to other farmgirls. The window decal would be neat as my hubby isn't a bumper sticker kind of gal so mine is on the fridge.
How about sunflower buttons on a ribbon bracelet?

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2006 :  12:34:41 AM  Show Profile
JEANIE
What is the purse made of and how big? I saw the online picture but couldn't really tell. I think there were two different ones, what pictures are on yours? It is the middle of the night so if these questions seem stupid answer them anyway.I'am going to try and go back to sleep now, then get up early and go get a big grocery order.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2006 :  12:38:28 AM  Show Profile
I just posted the above message and it says 12:34, here it is 3:36, is that the MJ time zone? Think I need to go lay down.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Spotting a FarmGirl idea?l Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page