jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2006 :  05:24:10 AM  Show Profile
Yes, the time zone on this site is the one for Idaho. Little different than Eastern time, huh? In the mornings, we are the first to post, as everyone else is just getting up out in the West.

The purse was a little over $36.00 and is called the MaryJanesFarm purse. The photo shows that it says "say howdy if you are a farmgirl" on the top. I hope that is how mine comes. The photos are the same on each purse, but different on all sides. It has soft handles, long enough to go over your shoulder, and I do not really know what it is made of, probably a plastic of some kind. It resembles a tote bag, really. I have admired it, because I also want to use it for carrying my projects when I travel. Originally, I think it did come with a kit in it. It is not tiny, it is regular purse size, but I don't remember the dimensions. Anyway, I hope this helps you see which one I got! And I hope you got some sleep, girl. You are as bad as me! I was quilting last night at midnight.

Peace

Edited by - jpbluesky on Apr 11 2006 05:32:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2006 :  04:21:38 AM  Show Profile
Love the pin idea! So versatile. Count me in for the sticker, too!!

A few posts bace, Meg mentioned putting a sunflower on the car antenna....gonna do it today! In fact, our local chapter is meeting this morning and I'm gonna try to get to the store and buy some fake sunflowers for all the gals.

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

sonflowergurl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katee
Tampa 'Burbs FL
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2006 :  05:37:20 AM  Show Profile  Send sonflowergurl an AOL message
If I put a sunflower on the car, my hubby would just take it off. At least right now while we're down to one vehicle he would! Maybe I can sneak one on eventually. LOL

Katee

The end will justify the pain it took to get us here.
"Looking Toward the Son"---- http://sonflowergirl731.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2006 :  07:27:31 AM  Show Profile
I'm getting my hair cut this morning (whole other issue, unfortunately -- still searching for that elusive perfect hair style) and while I'm out, I plan to stop at the dollar stores to see if I can find any plastic sunflowers for my car and for the girls in our new chapter.

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2006 :  09:30:06 AM  Show Profile
I will be happy happy happy to replace the disneyland anntenna ball that has been riding on my anntenna for the past year..ready for a sunflower..I will look for one too.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2006 :  10:32:42 AM  Show Profile
I like the sunflower decal/sticker idea and happy to say DH drives around with a bumper sticker that say "wave if your a farmgirl" (since we only have one car) so I don't think he'll mind about a sunflower sticker.. I am a graphic designer by trade so if you do need it designed before sending it off to your hubby for the making, let me know and I'll work up a couple of designs for you gals to choose from.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com
www.smallsqrl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

sonflowergurl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katee
Tampa 'Burbs FL
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2006 :  12:14:36 PM  Show Profile  Send sonflowergurl an AOL message
Hey sqrl, that sounds like a great idea! If I knew graphic design, I could put what's in my head on paper, you know?!? LOL I'm picturing two different options. The first one just says "Farmgirl" in brown and has a sunflower on each side of the word. The second one I picture is a sunflower on a stem and a cream colored banner scrolling across the stem that says "Farmgirl". (Not that my vision is "it", but that's what I've been picturing the whole time during this discussion!)

Katee

Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2006 :  2:33:31 PM  Show Profile
Too Funny about the husbands and the car thingy's!!!

I had my "Wave if your a farmgirl" sticker out, to put on my car.

J, said your not really putting that on our car are you?
I said well "Yes".

A little while later he said " Can you get one of those for my truck? I might be able to **Pick up** some farmgirls"

Well after a good smack and a big kiss!! We both laughed

~~Bridge's Boutique~~
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2006 :  2:43:43 PM  Show Profile

My brother did that with his truck too (before he met Kate of course)! He thought he was just brilliant!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2006 :  3:19:34 PM  Show Profile
I'm back home with trimmed hair, the deed and stuff for 47 1/2 acres of land (hooray!), and a bunch of plastic sunflowers from the dollar store. Now to figure out how to attach one of the sunflowers to my antennae.

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2006 :  4:28:44 PM  Show Profile
I put my sunflower on my antenna today...husband hasn't seen it yet. I dont' think anything I could do would surprise him at this point though.
HOoray Patti....how exciting about the deed...yay!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2006 :  5:52:58 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
I now know what I am going to paint on my pump house. A great big Sunflower and in the middle the initials FG .

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f149/blissnblossomfarm/pumphouse001.jpg

SInce I am off tomorrow I am going to the local feed and farm store and buy the paint. if you haveany sketches of a sunflower email me. i will put up photos tomorrow when I am done. Sorry I still can't get the sizing right, now you have to scroll across.

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights

Edited by - celebrate2727 on Apr 12 2006 5:55:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

rosebud74a
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

Stacy
Maryland NY
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2006 :  7:12:52 PM  Show Profile  Send rosebud74a an AOL message
Katee, I have similar visions in my head. I tried to make a pin a zazzle.com but they only let you make t-shirts or cards. I made a t-shirt which is really cute, but i can't figure out how to get it on here....It has a bunch of sunflowers wiht the farm girl written under it in this cute font.....would love to see some desgins sql.....
I have a small dilema realted to the sunflower/car idea. My car has no antennae...I was so excited about getting one and I looked at my car and realized I have no where to put it.......gave a me a chuckle and a hmmm, moment. Any one have any ideas for my bald car?

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Eleanor Roosevelt, 'This Is My Story,' 1937

Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2006 :  7:32:02 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
how about one of those pizza delivery things you put on your car. could start a new trend.

Ideas-
Sunflower tow hitch
sunflower rims
sunflower car bra
sunflower dash protector

creative juices are flowing here....

blessings
beth

Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2006 :  06:55:22 AM  Show Profile
Boy, you miss a few days and you miss a lot around here! Please, I want a decal too! My bumper sticker has faded to almost gone, so I'd better replace it soon!
Patti, I'm with you on the secret hand shake (and the aerobics)...it wouldn't be pretty.
Sharon

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

rabbithorns
True Blue Farmgirl

544 Posts

Allison
Fort Scott KS
USA
544 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2006 :  08:29:43 AM  Show Profile
This thread is fantastic! I already have a bumber sticker that says "I brake for gnomes" on the car but since my husband is about the only one who uses the car these days, he's not too happy...makes me laugh though! I only have it on there because I can't find my car in the parking lots if I don't - every car in AZ is white!

But I would wear a sunflower pin or bracelet or something. I'm not a hat person, but I like headbands. What about a cloth sunflower pin that has the word Farmgirl embroidered into the center? That could go on a hat, or blouse, or even purse straps. I like making handcrafted "statements". Haven't read every post so sorry if that's a repeat idea...I think I'll make one and see how it goes.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2006 :  09:16:56 AM  Show Profile
I think I am going to be able to find my green mini van (Which is awfully common here!!!) in any parking lot easily now too!! That sunflower really shows. Husband just shook his head.

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

sonflowergurl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katee
Tampa 'Burbs FL
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2006 :  11:26:38 AM  Show Profile  Send sonflowergurl an AOL message
LOL Jenny, my husband would shake his head at me too, and then sigh a big drawn out long sigh! ROFL

We're down to just one vehicle right now, but once we get another one...lookout! I will be putting one on the one "I" drive the most. hehe

Katee

Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2006 :  1:20:48 PM  Show Profile
Us mother ship famgirls have been thinking bumper stickers too! The 4-color "WAVE if you're a farmgirl" stickers that our publisher produced to send to new Farmgirl chapters (starter kit) seemed to fade over time. And our publisher says they're almost out. So, Cindylou has been working on several (as well as some clear window stickers) that would have a simpler design and stronger colors (but only two colors this time that won't fade/weather proof). She should have them available in less than a month with the intention of sending out fresh stickers to all our chapters. We'll also have them on our website. She's thinking something like:

Certified
FARMGIRL

or

WAVE if you're a
F A R M G I R L !

We can certainly play with some of your ideas for incorporating sunflowers, or aprons and a contest for choosing an emblem. It's such a great idea. Or decals and pins.....

In the meantime, Cindylou is going to stick with her original plan for more bumpers stickers of the plain variety and then we can get creative over time. Mom has a cool idea about hexagons with a hidden meaning tucked into future designs somehow. We'll keep you posted!

Beth, I can't wait to see the pump house!!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2006 :  2:56:44 PM  Show Profile
Beth - love the photo of your barn and pumphouse. Is that late afternoon sun shining on the barn? It made me very homesick for my beloved mid-west.

Peace
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2006 :  3:08:15 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Sorry girls- I'm on a rain delay. have to work on it this weekend as it rained here all morning. But I filled my time with lots of sewing.

Yes , jpbluesky, that is the afternoon sun on the barn and pump house. I think I will plant some real sunflowers around it as well. It is a little unsightly at the moment. What do you think- yellow trim as well?

I am going to make aprons for the market to wear. It will have my farm name and logo and maybe a big sunflower on each pocket.

WHere are you all finding these sunflower antennae?

blessings
beth

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2006 :  5:17:00 PM  Show Profile
I found a big tall fake sunflower (like silk flower type)at walmart..the stem was about 2 ft. long..maybe more I guess..I used clear package tape to tape it right to the antenna. The sunflower part is about 4 or 5 inches diameter. It was cheap

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

sonflowergurl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katee
Tampa 'Burbs FL
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2006 :  10:56:01 PM  Show Profile  Send sonflowergurl an AOL message
ROFL Jenny, now THAT is a big sunflower. Everyone will see you coming! hehe Good luck getting it to stay! :)

Katee

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2006 :  12:12:08 AM  Show Profile
Yep...I LIVE to embarrass my 11 year old daughter..haha

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2006 :  04:44:27 AM  Show Profile
Jenny, that sunflower sounds like the ones that Pam decorated our meeting area with. Our chapter, Southern Fried Farmgirls, meet in style.....on a porch with a nice breeze and big sunflowers hanging on the wall for decorations. Just perfect!

Beth, WalMart has flowers and the dollar stores all have fake flowers, too. I think most of us are just 'rigging' the flower.....probably with duct tape.

For those of you without antennae on your car.....attach a huge fake sunflower to the front grill of your car/truck.

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Spotting a FarmGirl idea?l Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page