CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2006 :  5:57:28 PM  Show Profile
jus' had to share this honest to goodness TRUE STORY with ya'll!!!

(bear with the 'caps' .. cuz' this is how i wrote it to my ya-ya's on my 'ramblins' list .. and i just 'copied' it to here!))

but then .. after reading it ... i guess SHOUTING ... is zackly what i was doin'!!!!

======================================

OH GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTY! WHAT A CRICK I HAVE IN MY NECK! HAD TO CRAWL UNDER THE PORCH TO GET TO THE DOG FOOD .. IT'S KINDA' DARK UNDER THERE .. (photo)

AND WHEN I POKED MY HEAD INTO THE HOLE .. 'SOMETHING .. THE SIZE OF A SMALL ELEPHANT WITH WINGS DROPPED INTO THIS HEAD OF WHAT I CALL 'HAIR' THAT SITS UPON MY HEAD! "it" STARTED FLAPPING AT WARP SPEED TRYING, I GUESS, TO ESCAPE! I HAVE NOT WITNESSED A HEAD SPINNING A FULL 180 DEGREES SINCE SEEING THE 'PEA SOUP' SCENE IN 'THE EXORCIST'! BUT I AM HERE TO GUARANTEE YOU .. THAT CHICK HAD NUTHIN' ON ME AS I WHIPPED AROUND THAT YARD WITH ARMS AND LEGS FLAILING .. BEATING AT MY OWN HEAD AND WHATEVER HAD TAKEN UP ROOST IN IT .. I'M SURPRIZED THEY DIDN'T HEAR ME SCREECHING DOWN IN TOWN!
(photo)

I THINK I HIT EVERY BOARD ALONG THAT FENCE AS I WHIRLED AND TWIRLED MY WAY DOWN TO THE CREEK! IT IS A WONDER I DID NOT IMPALE MYSELF ON ONE OF THE FENCE POSTS! I AM SURE I AM THE FIRST WOMAN IN THE HISTORY OF EARTH TO HAVE LEVITATED 15 FEET INTO THE AIR .. AND ORBITED A GOOD 400 FEET IN DISTANCE .. WITH ONLY 'ARM FLAPPING' POWER! I THINK I MIGHT HAVE EVEN KNOCKED MYSELF UNCONCIOUS FOR A FEW MOMENTS WHEN I RE-ENTERED EARTH'S GRAVITY AND HIT THE GROUND WITH A MIGHTY SMACK!

... AND WHEN I CAME TO ... EITHER THE 'DEMON DEVIL' WAS TAKING A REST .. OR IT ACTUALLY GOT LOOSE AND MADE HIS ESCAPE .. I FELT AROUND FOR ANY 'FAMILY' IT MAY HAVE LEFT BEHIND .. AND WHEN I ONLY RAN INTO THE USUAL KNOTS AND DRED-LOCKS THAT ARE ALWAYS FOUND IN MY HAIR .. I RAN INTO THE HOUSE .. JUMPED INTO THE SHOWER AND SCRUBBED MY HEAD WITH 4 BOTTLES OF SHAMPOO!

WHATTA' WAY TO END A DAY!

P.S. I THINK I'M GIVING 'STEAK' TO THE DAWGS FROM NOW ON!!!

True Friends, Frannie

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2006 :  6:02:39 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Could it have been a bat? Oh my goodness you have never lacked excitement in your life. Maybe time to stay inside, make some dolls and stay safe. thanks for sharin miz frannie!

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2006 :  6:10:43 PM  Show Profile
oh my yessssssss! it could have been a BAT! but it didn't BITE me thank goodness ... WHATEVER it was! (but then .. upon retrospection .. it might just have been a large MOTH .. and in my excitement .. it grew!

i was just thankful it wasn't a SNAKE!!!! xoxo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

akcowgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Valerie
Homer Alaska
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2006 :  2:09:27 PM  Show Profile  Send akcowgirl a Yahoo! Message
Don't feel to bad Frannie. The first time i went to Hawaii i had hair that i could almost sit on and we were at an out door resturant that had those umbrells things. Well i was setting there and all of a sudden i feel something plop down onto my head. I start screaming "GET IT OUT, GET IT OUT." and crying. This inturn freaked the thing in my hair out and it started trying to get out but only got wrapped up worse. my mom finally got me to sit down and hold still. she got it out. It was a Gecko. She still get a laugh out of it and i was 16.

Valerie
Yes, I live in my own little world. But that's ok they know me here.
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
Go to Top of Page

ThymeForEweFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

705 Posts

Robin
An organic farm in the forest in Maine
USA
705 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2006 :  3:42:27 PM  Show Profile
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyy gosh! I'd have been screaming and flapping too.

Why was the dog food under the porch? At my house it would have been the raccoons' fault.

Robin
www.thymeforewe.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2006 :  6:14:58 PM  Show Profile
valerie ... a gecko!!! when honey hunk and i spent a week at St. John's Island in Eco-Tents .. we had a resident GECKO that i feared would take up residence in my mouth or up my nose during the middle of the night!!!

Robin .. dog food is stored under the porch to keep the racoons from getting to it! It's in a huge metal can with the lid on it .. they would have to get through the DOOR to pry it open .. so .. just a little 'double door' thingie. We usually keep it in the barn .. but hank put it in the crawl space so i wouldn't have to LUG it from the barn to the yard where the pooches stay when i am away from the house. I'm thinking he will probably want to keep storing it under that porch for convenience .. but i'm here to GUARANTEE you .. .HE will be the one to go get it!!!!

xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2006 :  6:23:24 PM  Show Profile
I was drinking a glass of tea when I read your post, Frannie, and I was afraid I was either going to choke or spit the tea out all over my laptop!

I'm putting dibs on NOT being the person to feed your dog next weekend

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Dawg Food!!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page