Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Farmgirls! What is your Farmgoal for 2010?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Farmgirls! What is your Farmgoal for 2010? Next Topic
Page: of 3

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  5:34:26 PM  Show Profile
This year I want to get my children where they need to be not just academically. I want to master the rabbit breding I have tried to start and hatch my own bities to sell at the co-op. My biggest goal is to get 2 Nubian goats and get some Kinders going. I need milk with as many as I have in my family! Of course moving closer to God is something I always aspire to do. OH and redo a vintage sofa myself.

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

Kerbear
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Kerry
Middle Tennessee
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  7:48:26 PM  Show Profile
In 2010, I am going to learn to quilt and can. I am going to spend more time with those dearest to me, read the Bible more and study from it, and give a helping hand. I am going to volunteer.
Thank you, Rene, for your post. I am a new farmgirl and would definitely like to learn more about MJF too.
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2010 :  5:44:16 PM  Show Profile
Farmgoal makes one stop and think - I would have to say that getting back to the basics. Getting back to who I was - before all the hustle and bustle of our lives. To take each day and make it better. To support those around us. To work with mother nature not against her. To use what I own when I can. To love life. To be happy. Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

homsteddinmom
True Blue Farmgirl

441 Posts

Brandee
bullard tx
USA
441 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  09:21:56 AM  Show Profile  Send homsteddinmom a Yahoo! Message
I already raise and sell rabbits, raise and sell goats, now i am looking at raising worms as i have lots of hay/poo that they can eat and already have a market for them. I do want to expand the garden by double from last year. I also want to add to my small orchard. spend more time with my family and less time working. Hatch more chicks and sell eggs!

Homesteading Mom in East Texas. Raising chickens, Rabbits and goats here on my farm!
Go to Top of Page

MeadowCrone
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Bernadine
Island Park and Salem ID
USA
220 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  12:23:59 PM  Show Profile
I love all your ideas, busy bunch of Farmgirls.

I need to put up permanent fencing, moving panels is a pain. I want to sell some of the horses and ride more. Last year we made our Christmas gifts but this year I want to make them more personal than gloves, socks and scarves, also I'd like to start earlier doing that...lol. Since we live in a one room cabin, I'd like to build my daughter her own room. Poor kid is 14 and needs private space from her 5 brothers still at home.
We are adding bees this year and I am so excited about that. But my biggest goal is the Herb Festival we have planned for June and the Farm School that starts then too, it is a day camp for children and revolves around living on a farm.

Gratefully living on the "fat of the land".
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  12:36:02 PM  Show Profile
My farmgoal is to truly make the most of the beautiful spring and summer this year and all it has to offer. I was big and pregnant and busy last year and I feel like spring and summer just came and went without me even realizing it. Camping, hiking, gardening, swimming, sitting out under the stars at night with my husband....I am going to enjoy life to the fullest this year!!!

Siobhan, wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

amomfly
True Blue Farmgirl

658 Posts

Angie
LaGrange IN
USA
658 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  2:32:42 PM  Show Profile
Oh that sounds wonderful Siobhan! I plan on getting a couple dairy gots for milk. Learning how to make some cheese and butter from it. Expanding and enjoying my garden more this year, and of course the canning too! I know I will be busy with my new realestate job but hope to really enjoy my little farm too!
Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  9:45:15 PM  Show Profile
Mine is to be able to root cuttings off of plants and get my grenhouse going better...

Farmgirl Sister #368
~~~**Terri**~~~
My blog is up again, please go and read....
http://thecontentedwoman.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mom2my2boyz
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

Sarah
MN
USA
56 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  3:28:07 PM  Show Profile
We have our house (in the city) up for sale and our goal (husband, children and I) is to sell the house and find (and purchase) our place in the country - hopefully by late Spring! We'd appreciate all the prayers we could get in this area, if anyone thinks about it... Our hearts LONG to be on a little farm in the country! All in God's perfect timing...(it's SO hard to be patient!) :o)

"So I threw my hands in the air. I was done with Wal-Mart and Wonderbread. I wanted something real."
-Excerpted from Jenna Woginrich's book, "Made from Scratch" a must-read!
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  11:59:43 AM  Show Profile
My goal this year is to learn to make my own clothes. To sew something to wear. That would be fantabulous. :)

Oh, and of course, keep on plugging away at saving for that farm....

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.wakeupstartlearning.blogspot.com
www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3320 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3320 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  12:58:11 PM  Show Profile
My goals this summer:
1. I want to make my gardening beds more yield productive. I didn't plant near enough basil or spinach!
2. I also want to re-paint the living room.
3. Re-roof the garage.
4. And, I want to get myself a decent bicycle and start pedaling again around my beautiful little by the bay city.

"The best mirror is an old friend."
- George Herbert
Melody
Farmgirl #525
Go to Top of Page

CherryPie
True Blue Farmgirl

935 Posts

Kimberly Ann
Puyallup WA
USA
935 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  1:21:32 PM  Show Profile
My goal is to finish my novel this year. My farmgoal is to get my garden in shape and have a bounty of produce from heirloom, organic seeds.

Kimberly Ann
Farmgirl Sister #225
Crochet Geek, Newbie Fiddler, Would-be Farmer, Backyard Chicken Rancher, Eager Podcaster
http://beesinourbonnetsintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Podcasts at http://thefannyfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mamawolf
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Heather
Sublimity OR
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  3:57:32 PM  Show Profile
My goal for 2010 is to renovate the little 1920 farmhouse on our newest farm. This is the year I turn 40, and I'm ready to start living the life I've always dreamed of! That means building a chicken coop, and a garden shed out of our old delapetated barn, plant several raised beds, and fill all of the shelves in the stone cellar with beautiful jars of canned fruit and veggies!

If any of you are in or around Sublimity, OR., come on over!

Heather

We Are,...American Farmgirls(and darn proud of it!)
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  8:24:53 PM  Show Profile
I would like to edit my book to get it published. I forgot about it until I read someone else posted that goal! Thanks for the encouragement ladies! I also want to sew more. As I read the goals it makes me want to do more!

Michelle

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2010 :  06:14:34 AM  Show Profile
Good luck to you authors that is something I have always wanted to do but not at time of list quite yet.

Got to get this farm really going! That has been our dream for years and I am not going to let that one go now that we are finally out here.
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2010 :  10:41:45 AM  Show Profile
Last year it rained every day off or it was too muddy and my garden didnt get planted like usuall. This year even if I miss work I am having my garden. It is my therapy! I keep a garden journal of what works where it was planted and how much I plant for the yield I get. The next year I make changes where needed. It takes the guess work out of buying types and amounts. I try one new something each year though for fun. In the midst of that 6" snowfall I see out the windows lies my garden waiting to come alive. Its exciting dont you think. The way a small seed gives so much food?
Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2010 :  06:09:24 AM  Show Profile
Farm goal for 2010---really to keep the weeds out of the flowers and veggies. We will mulch and fertilize. We have no big trips or parties planned so should be able to take better care of the gardens during growing season.
Last year was not a big year for the fruit trees, so am looking for a better harvest there. It seems we get a good harvest every other year.
Marcie

I enjoy chatting with my friends.
Go to Top of Page

kentuckywoman
True Blue Farmgirl

63 Posts

Majal
Ashland KY
USA
63 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2010 :  10:08:35 AM  Show Profile
My 2010 farmgoal is to find land and purchase it (save up so I won't have to get a loan). I am looking for about 5 acres I think. Also, learn as much as I can about small homebuilding and get a start on my first little farm home!
Go to Top of Page

marcyl
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

marcy
st peters mo
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2010 :  8:15:14 PM  Show Profile
We are planning to get our house in Missouri on the market by mid March and with luck sold this Spring or Summer. Houses are going well in our area. We will get heating and updated electric done in the Maine house to make it ready to move in. Probably a good cleaning as well.It would be great to get settled into the farm by years end.

Farmgirl from the North Woods of Maine.
http://sothenweboughtthefarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

dandelionhouse
True Blue Farmgirl

205 Posts

Debbie
Plymouth Mass
USA
205 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  07:08:06 AM  Show Profile
My farm girl goals for 2010 are: Continue my subscription to MJF for inspiration and to nurture my inner farmgirl. To add a few raised beds for veggies at our summer cottage. It is on an island and away from grocery stores.. Lots of folks grow their own there and we have the space for it too! Volunteer at our local Horse rescue, add more chickens to our shrinking flock of back yard chickens.. and plant more flowers! Help my daughter start her own little garden. Contintue writing on my blog, and hatch some of my new artistic ideas.

www.deborahjeansdandelionhouse.com

home is where we all craft the life of our dreams.
Go to Top of Page

Beechwoodbear
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Jayne
Quakertown PA
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  07:14:39 AM  Show Profile
One of my farm girl goals is to try to get permission from our township to have an egg garden..They say we need at least 2 acres for chickens, we have an acre and a half...Also I want to get our vegetable garden back up and growing...We stopped a few years ago and I miss the fresh produce!...Another goal is to get the Teardrop camper on the road!!!
Go to Top of Page

podsandpetals
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Cindy
Genoa NY
USA
57 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  1:53:40 PM  Show Profile
My 2010 farmgirl goals are to put up a high tunnel for tomatoes, cukes and some of my dried flowers (basically for me to play in). And find someone to help me with crops and markets!!!! To plan out my market garden better and keep records- not something I'm very good at! I know I can't control this very well growing naturally- but please please please- NO LATE BLIGHT this year. On a personal note I'd like to be more present- my mind is always whirling around somewhere thinking about what needs to be done or day dreaming. It's not fair to my family! All this talk here about glamping has me very intriged- would be a great get away even if only in the back yard- for some quality family time. Would be so so fun!! I've loved reading everyones dreams for a new year! That's the wonderful thing about farming- There is always another year to get better or try again! -Cindy

www.podsandpetals.etsy.com
ebay seller podsandpetals
Go to Top of Page

TabithaLenox
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Kim
Gettysburg PA
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  11:18:42 AM  Show Profile
My goal is to redo our horse fencing...get water down to the barn....and build a chicken coop and raise chickens!

Kim
Farmgirl #184

http://www.tabithalenox.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

DebbieSue
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Debbie
TX
USA
199 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  6:05:09 PM  Show Profile
I want to can a lot of fresh produce this year! I did not do enough last summer and need to make up for it this year!
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2010 :  10:04:24 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
My dream for 2010 is to develop our property into a sanctuary for relaxation,fellowship,fun,a gathering place for all. I have always dreamed of living in a place that is quite, beautiful, and has lots offer those who visit. I have an awesome foundation to work with. The bones are done and now It just needs a lot of sweat equity, TLC, and a plan. I am really good at planning but not so good at execution. SO it will be an adventure for sure.

http://www.bboopster.blogspot.com
Nana to 4 with 1 on the way.
3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Farmgirls! What is your Farmgoal for 2010? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page