beadbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

148 Posts

Therese
Valencia California
USA
148 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  12:42:35 PM  Show Profile
We are having wind, and it is making it feel a lot colder that the 50 something it is. I gotta get back out there and get the strawberries and tomatoes planted.
Brrrr...

Therese

If you ask me what I came into this world to do, I will tell you: I came to live out loud. ~Emile Zola
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  3:47:00 PM  Show Profile
I'm proud to announce that we've had a whole week of clear skies and sunshine! Today we had 64. It's funny because we still have mounds of snow everywhere. On the North side of all the houses around here, our whole yards are about 5 inches of snow yet. Looks funny.
Kris, we are expecting rain soon too. They keep pushing it back a day, but it's coming. At least it'll melt the rest of this snow....in time for more I'm sure. Winter ain't done with us yet!

Sister-chick# 905(Oct.7th2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  9:55:49 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
It's been really nice her but cold.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

bdhughes77
True Blue Farmgirl

126 Posts

Debbie
Menomonie WI
USA
126 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  01:31:15 AM  Show Profile
It's foggy here in Western WI. Last night we had a little party for my g'daughter's third birthday and had to drive about 45 minutes each way. Very scary...we missed two turns on our way home and had to turn around!

Debbie #1223

Count your blessings!
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  09:20:11 AM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Today it is rainy not to rainy but enough to stay in doors. Temps better in the low 60's Lilly in Va

learning the life I always wanted.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  10:31:39 AM  Show Profile
Wow! 65 and sunny. A sweat shirt is really too warm, but I want to clean out some flowerbeds from last year. I had left all the old flowers standing so that the birds could pick off every last lingering food-morsel. Now It looks like a bunch of skeletons. It looks like the next 5 days are going to be rain. Oh well....we're due for somthing beside "Sun!" It just ain't natural...it ain't Ohio in March!!! lol

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  4:39:57 PM  Show Profile
Weather here is on/off rain, gloomy, and chilly. I just know spring is coming soom!! Lol!

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  4:44:55 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
We are having really, really bad wind storms here. The wind has nocked down limbs, our rabbits cages that they sleep in ( They are now in the other part of my goat shed where they have tons of room to run around and it is dry). And it is really chilly, rainy, and gloomy.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

phonelady
True Blue Farmgirl

323 Posts

Carla
Loveland Colorado
323 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2010 :  10:01:18 PM  Show Profile
Raining here on the Western Slope in Colorado. It's a normal Spring here. Rain, sun next day, rain the day after.
But it's not snowing and rear freezing cold!
Smiles!
Carla

It's not just Life-
It's an Adventure!
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  8:57:47 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
We are having weird weather here. Sometimes it is sunny and warm and sometimes it is rainy and cold. Today was sunny and a little warm. :)
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  09:48:44 AM  Show Profile
BEAUTIFUL!! In the 60's

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"==Cinderella
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  4:53:22 PM  Show Profile
Wel, I can now say I hope we get some rain. I can't believe I just said that. But just enuf to water the fertilizer I just spread out back in the goat pasture. I have never done this and thought I would give it a try. The people across the road have a horse farm. They also have commercial chicken houses. They spread the manure all over the fields and it seems like a few days later the fields are so green and pretty. So I thought I'd give it a shot. Couldn't hurt. ANd we need more grass here. I need to do the cow pasture next. So I hope it will rain a little tonight. Then that's all.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  4:57:48 PM  Show Profile
Well it's +7 and the sun is out. The snow is continuing to melt (yeah!). It was raining for a little while this morning, now it smells all wonderful and springy. Apparently there was a bit of a thunder storm west of the city this morning.

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  1:57:08 PM  Show Profile
We did not get the rain I thought we were. But today is beautiful! I have my windows open!!!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  2:30:30 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
It is 70 with a light wind. It is sunny and beautiful. I have never seen such a wonderful March. But I did live in Ohio for 38 years. We moved here in July.

I sure didn't miss the Ohio winters.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1417 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1417 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  03:26:36 AM  Show Profile
I live on PEI in Canada - and this is my first winter here. It's been a very balmy winter - thankfully, considering the horror stories I've heard! :) Today it's suppose to get up to 12!! But, tomorrow it's down to 1 again. At least it's not raining :) The sun seems to shine here a lot more!
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  03:43:45 AM  Show Profile
RAIN!! It is Spring today, but we have rain. Not too cold 50 F. Day before yesterday it was gorgeous, almost 60 F !!

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  08:22:14 AM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
It is a very pretty sunny day with temps to maybe in the high 70's. But right now at 54 the air feels so good. Love life and all it has to offer. Lilly

learning the life I always wanted.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  12:20:59 PM  Show Profile
It's a beuatiful day here for the 1st day of spring! Blue skies and sunshine. I am going to try to til a few rows for peas, potatoes and onions today. If I can get the little tiller to start and if there is any gas. It's supposed to be scattered showers starting tomorrow afternoon. So perfect time to plant things. At our local garden center they have Seeds Of Change seeds. I was happy to see that. But all the peas were gone.

My hubby is in Kansas. He said it was 12 there. Wow. Such a totally different world there. Kind of like Canada.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  12:46:49 PM  Show Profile
Spring was here, but then it snowed last night and spring is no more:( But it's Wisconsin, so I can only hope for the nice warm summer.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  12:57:35 PM  Show Profile
We are having a gorgeous "1st Day of Spring!63/sunny. But then it's been 60's for a couple of weeks now and upper 30's at night. They keep saying rain is coming, but it still isn't here. I weeded out the garden today, getting rid of all the old 'mater and pepper plants.Plus I cleaned out an old flower bed. I also planted 4 short hills of 'taters we had in the basement growing like crazy.That's what I did last year...replant our 'eatin 'taters after they grew eyes during the winter. Works for me! Recycle those puppies! :-)

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  2:52:22 PM  Show Profile
Oh it is soooo beautiful here in CT (finally) it's like being outside you can hear angels singing! Sunny, warm, in the 70's! It's supposed to get nasty again by the end of the week, but we'll take what we can get... it is still only March.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

jclambert
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Judy
Stringtown Oklahoma
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  3:37:03 PM  Show Profile
It was 70 yesterday. It's about 34, snowing, sleeting, and raining today. Gotta love Oklahoma weather. Everybody says if you don't like it, hang around a day and it will change. If our weatherman is right, it will be back around 70 Monday. Yea!

Judy

*Love one another*
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  7:01:14 PM  Show Profile
We are in Houston, usually averages about 75 this time of year. Today it started off at 70 and rained cats and dogs for a few hours then the wind started to blow and now it is in the 30's.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  06:01:04 AM  Show Profile
Darn, it's stasrting to rain here and I did not get my peas planted. Maybe I can plant them this fall.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Weather Report: Previous Topic Whats the weither like there? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page