Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  07:52:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh it is bitterly cold her today! On my drive out to the barn this morning the truck had a hard time shifting because it was so cold! -28 (wind chill included) and the wind is supposed to pick up and be strong all day! Yikes! The good news is we are looking at getting up into the 20's this weekend! Yay!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

krissy
True Blue Farmgirl

278 Posts

Kristen
Snohomish WA
USA
278 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  08:00:28 AM  Show Profile
It was 12 degrees last night around 10 p.m. This morning it is 15. The weatherman has been talking about snow flurries today on through the weekend. Anything to make this cold worthwhile, please! I can't wait for the rain now. lol

http://lateinlifemommy.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

doglady
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Tina
Howard Ohio
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  08:05:16 AM  Show Profile
There's a wind warning today and the temp is 51 degrees. However, by tomorrow it's supposed to be in the uppper twenties.
Tina

You can tell your dog all of your secrets and they'll never say a word!
www.kennelcreations.com
Go to Top of Page

LisaTwo
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Lisa
Hampden Maine
USA
127 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  08:19:58 AM  Show Profile

Need I say more?

Smiles,
Lisa

http://pinkporches.blogspot.com

http://pinkporches.blogspot.com/

*And you know when the truth is told-- you can get what you want--or you can just get old.* (Billy Joel)
Go to Top of Page

krissy
True Blue Farmgirl

278 Posts

Kristen
Snohomish WA
USA
278 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  2:37:17 PM  Show Profile
Oh Lisa, that's pretty!!!

I checked the weather forecast for my area and apparently on Sunday we may get "significant accumulations" of snow. We'll see...

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  5:54:49 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I would love some snow Lisa!! Thanks for the picture! It is beautiful! It is still cold here.
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  6:07:08 PM  Show Profile
We got dumped on, about a foot of snow yesterday through this morning. The wind was close to blizzard conditions today and since we live on a township gravel road we are going nowhere yet.It was a fine, very driftable snow. The temp is around 0 and we are in a windchill advisory.
It IS beautiful! I'm just so glad there is no where I have to be other than here.

"You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd.....
But you can be happy if you've a mind to. All you've gotta do in knuckle down, buckle down and do it, do it, do it!"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  7:08:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
We got -40 degree windchill today. They were saying that you would get frost bite in 10 minutes if outside unprotected!!
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  7:10:15 PM  Show Profile
Right now it's about 14 degrees (St. Louis area). The wind has died down--we had gusts up to 45 mph today. No snow, otherwise it would have been a blizzard. I heard Iowa and Wisconsin really got dumped on. In Flagstaff, AZ they had 20 inches of snow---the old record was 5 inches. Sometimes it seems the weather is going crazy.
Cindy
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  07:07:45 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
It's freezing here. 9 degrees!! very very cold!
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

krissy
True Blue Farmgirl

278 Posts

Kristen
Snohomish WA
USA
278 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  07:22:21 AM  Show Profile
Brr, brr, brr. That's all I can say. And my hands are so dry. I keep slathering on the moisturizer. This morning it was 14 on the back deck. It's been sunny and cold and overnight there are no clouds, hence the cold.

I've been watching the weather forecast and the guy keeps talking about snow. Perhaps over the weekend and then on Monday we may get a lot. Who knows. They never really know what they are talking about, do they?? LOL

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  07:47:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Today the weather is sunny but cold at only 8 degrees above 0. With windchill it is still -10!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

krissy
True Blue Farmgirl

278 Posts

Kristen
Snohomish WA
USA
278 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  10:36:02 AM  Show Profile
I can't even get solar heat to warm up my home office downstairs. I have a space heater on, but the windows down here are aluminum and they just don't cut it as far as keeping the cold out. I see the beautiful sunshine coming in through the blinds, but no way am I opening them! NO WAY!!! That's asking for colder feet and hands.

Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  7:25:17 PM  Show Profile
hi from central oregon, it is a warm 9 degrees. we have been -14 at night and around 2 in day. so cold. now we are warmer in day 19 and tonight who knows lol. every no freeze tank heater etc. is froze. down to one hose. tomorrow if it does not thaw we are going to use a torch to melt the water in the pig pen. it is now froze to the top. the hens are all toasty in the coop.i went in last night and it was warm. they are little heaters. so hoping for snow so we can warm up lol sherrye
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  9:31:46 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Same thing again today! Cold, Cold, Cold.
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2009 :  06:48:58 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! It is cold, seems like everywhere!!!

-5 degrees here this morning. We have over a foot of snow and it has been SO-O-O-O-O cold that it's not melting any. Frosty, frosty, FROSTY!!!
Our pellet stove gobbles pellets when the weather is like this . . .

HEY FARMGIRLS . . . STAY WARM!!!!!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2009 :  07:07:10 AM  Show Profile
It must have really gotten down to like 20 last night. When I got up my heat was on Aux setting. It was just 66 in here. It did that alot a few years ago and our light bill was really high. So I turned it down and I can't get it to shut off. I would much rather wear extra clothes that to have a big light bill again!

I am SO ready for SPRING!! I had to haul water this morning, too. Just 2 buckets now!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2009 :  10:28:33 AM  Show Profile
We are having a heatwave today of 19 degrees after a week of snow..lots of it, wind, and below zero temps. the sun is out which is nice. Spring seems really far off...sighing

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2009 :  11:31:36 AM  Show Profile
Its WET!!!, thank you very much, and chilly , not as cold as earlier in the week, but that too will come back. I love the Winter.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2009 :  08:24:49 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
It snowed yesterday and today it is in the 30s. What a change from 5 degrees!
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2009 :  4:35:16 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
It is cold and rainy here.
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2009 :  8:34:12 PM  Show Profile
It is cold, windy and rainy here. The mud is a foot deep from all the rain.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2010 :  08:58:53 AM  Show Profile
Today is actually pretty nice. But still in the high 30's this sfternoon. I put all the goats and cows in the front pasture while the sun's out. But tonight is supposed to be below 20. And then only in the high 20's to low 30's during the day for the next way too many days. Under 20 at night.

Global warming??? Ha! Not here. I'd like to see some of that here, please.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1823 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1823 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2010 :  11:29:45 AM  Show Profile
The temp here in Cedar rapids, Ia is 7 degrees. Tonight supposed to be in the teens BELOW zero. Happy New Year everyone. Good day to stay in.

Happiness is having
farmgirl friends.
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4740 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4740 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2010 :  3:00:16 PM  Show Profile
We will be in the single digits to low teens here for the next 10 days. I can't wait until it warms up!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Weather Report: Previous Topic Whats the weither like there? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page