Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Magazine: Call for Entries
 Keeping in Touch
 Mary Janes Farm Friend - New and Old sign ups!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Mary Janes Farm Friend - New and Old sign ups! Next Topic
Page: of 26

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13639 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13639 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2010 :  07:14:54 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Cecily . .
We did try the salsa and it is YUMMY!!! LOVE IT!!!
THANKS!!!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2010 :  08:11:27 AM  Show Profile
I am also curious as to whether or not we keep the same partners for the next issue. It has never been stated exactly.

Carrie

www.totallykadeshfarm.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2010 :  08:59:43 AM  Show Profile
Yes, we keep the same partners. It was posted in the first thread. Dianne, maybe you can ask Carrie to be Victoria's farm friend since hers is not responding. That is just not fair to her.

Hugs,
Marsha

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage tote bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2010 :  10:13:31 AM  Show Profile
Carrie, Do you assign farm friends? And where can I find the guidelines? Dianne

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

rhondacate
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Rhonda
Janesville CA
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2010 :  1:10:17 PM  Show Profile
My question is:

Is our farm friend that we send things to the same as the farmgirl that receive from? Or do we send something to one farmgirl and receive something from a different one?

~Rhonda

http://rmfo-blogs.com/rhonda
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2010 :  1:20:55 PM  Show Profile
We send to one and receive from a different one. I sent to Toni and received from Marcia.

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2010 :  7:28:28 PM  Show Profile
Dianne, Cycling Farm Girl/Carrie is assigning farmfriends. I believe she emailed my assigned friend but I don't know if she has heard back from them. I still have not heard from mine. But she would also need to contact the friend of my friend, could get a little crazy. lol. I send to Jeannie but she does not send to me.

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13639 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13639 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  09:11:39 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Victoria . . .
I feel really bad for you!! I hope that this is resolved soon because I know how disappointing it can be. I know I would be feeling very left out and wondering about the "Farm Friend" idea.
I'm just glad I was able to be your secret sister . . . I loved it!!
I'll be praying for resolution!!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  10:51:28 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Victoria, I am sure your Farm Friend had a very good reason for not sending a package out. I would like to "Angel" you and send you a Farm Friend package. Could you send me your info?

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog...Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1691 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1691 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  3:04:54 PM  Show Profile
Victoria, So sorry to hear that you still haven't heard form your farmfriend. I think that Julie has a very nice thought. If nothing comes about please e-mail me and maybe we could work something out. I know in my heart that Julie will be your angel.
Hugs,
Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  5:05:33 PM  Show Profile
Julie that is really sweet. I think Carrie has emailed my assigned friend. I really am ok with it right now. I know that this time of the year can be very hectic. I just don't want to go a whole year without hearing from her. If she does not respond soon maybe we can include Dianne. Whoever is suppose to be sending to my friend may be having trouble reaching her also so we could just do a little swapping around. But it will work out. Thank you again you are an angel. I'm telling you CJ spoiled me on the last SS. And like a little spoiled kid I had to whine a minute.

Go to Top of Page

rhondacate
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Rhonda
Janesville CA
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  5:05:53 PM  Show Profile
Perhaps could the list of the circle of farm friends be posted on the first page. If Carrie posted in order, then we would know who we send to and who we receive from. (For example, you send to the person below you on the list and receive from the person above you on the list.)

~Rhonda (has also not received anything from her farm friend)

http://rmfo-blogs.com/rhonda
Go to Top of Page

gspringman
True Blue Farmgirl

387 Posts

Gail
Bonanza Oregon
USA
387 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  10:18:04 AM  Show Profile  Send gspringman a Yahoo! Message
This all seems to have gotten a bit complicated from what I am reading. At this time I will be boughing out of any further doings. I feel sorry that some of the gals did not receive their gifts and I really don't think it is fair to continue to send to the same person each time and then some are still left out. Best wishes to you all.

Gail
Farmgirl #486

http://www.grammasladybug@blogspot.com
http://www.klamathfallscharmingchicks@blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

flowrgirl1
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Michelle
Brethren MI
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  12:07:12 PM  Show Profile
I got my new magazine today! Cant wait to read it and figure out a gift!

www.flowrgirl1.blogspot.com

Longing to be on a farm.
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  1:13:15 PM  Show Profile
I'm with Gail. I think I will gracefully bow out as well. I don't want sisters left out either.

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Maven
http://www.harvestthymefarm.vpweb.com
www.onefunkyfarmgirl.blogspot.com
~Let me take ya for a ride on my big green tractor~
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  2:18:34 PM  Show Profile
I'm still interested in joining. Just got my newest issue in the mail, but with work, kids' homework, dinner and a meeting tonight, it will have to wait. Dianne

Go to Top of Page

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  2:39:33 PM  Show Profile
I hope my farm friends don't quit. I so enjoyed sending and receiving the gifts and the challenge of coming up with something appropriate to the current issue. Still waiting for my magazine so I can get started!

How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it. -G. Elliston

www.sharnymcclarny.etsy.com
www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  4:30:29 PM  Show Profile
Gail, you were my person I send to! Please do not bow out, because I promise to send you something, as I did this month! I sent you an email, and really I understand if you do not weant to receive anymore gifts.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jan 04 2010 4:34:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  6:38:45 PM  Show Profile
Gail and Dawn I really think this swap is a great idea. I am one that has not heard from my farmgirl friend yet. However, I just got the new mag in and can not wait to think of something to send to Jeannie. Don't get discouraged. I understand if you do not want to continue for your own personal reasons but don't stop on the account that some have not yet received. It will work out in the end. I have gotten emails from a couple of farmgirls wanting to 'angel' me a package. That really is not necessary but it is the sweetest thing to offer. Stick with the swap ladies it really is a wonderful concept. It makes looking through the magazine even more enjoyable.

Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  07:47:53 AM  Show Profile
I for my part am willing to have more than one farmgirl friend. I know others feel the same way. For those left out we could take turns adding an extra girl to our list. It won't cost me any extra. I love to send gifts and it is fun to look through the mag. and find a gift theme to use. Keep it simple and life will be good to you.
You have handled this very graciously Carrie. I applaud you. Don't let a few spoil it for the rest of us.

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

traceyg
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

Tracey
Grosse Ile Michigan
USA
124 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  2:21:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi Carrie!! I agree with marjean/Marsha! Your idea was and IS a good one, and I thank you for setting it up. I know there are a few glitches (usually are) but most of us are enjoying the swap just as you intended!! I, too, am willing to take on an additional farmgirl if that helps out ... although maybe there are farmgirls that are still wanting to join that could be matched up with the gals that are missing their partners. Hey - whatever works.

Thank you!! Don't be hard on yourself ... you are doing everything you can (and more!).
XOXO

Tracey
#Farmgirl #114

Life is sweet ... Bee happy!
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  3:01:40 PM  Show Profile
ok here is my 2 cents.. There is a few farm friends that for some reason their farm friend has not been a good friend and they have not gotten anything. I am sure the rest of us if asked could take on another person so that everyone gets included, or at least take a turn sending to the one or 2 people who have had bad luck here. But now other people are pulling out and so now that just leaves more people hanging, It is not helping the few who did not get something, just adds to that list. I for one will help out anyway I can to help the people that did not get something but I committed myself to the swap and will carry it out to the end and help out anyway I can.

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  3:04:44 PM  Show Profile
Besides, I got my new magazine yesterday and am having fun looking through it to decide what to send!!!! Who hoo It is fun!!!! Let me know if I can help in any way!!!!

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cycling Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

86 Posts

Carrie
Alberta
Canada
86 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  06:11:56 AM  Show Profile
Well my farm gals...I think it's all been cleared now. Hopefully!
I've sent emails out with changes made so hopefully this is it!
Now I can enjoy the new magazine?! I just got it in yesterday and the colors on the cover are the precise sewing colors that I have been collecting and working with at my sewing machine. I'm keeping it in my creative corner for added inspiration. Sigh! How wonderous! Thanks everyone for being so patient.
Have a very great day!

Carrie - Victorian Urban Farmgirl

For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
Luke 6:38

Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  08:06:37 AM  Show Profile
If you decide to open the sign-ups to new members, please keep me in mind. Dianne

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Mary Janes Farm Friend - New and Old sign ups! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page