lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  3:12:53 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Well, my grandfather always called me "Precious" and the weird thing is when I met my husband, he started calling me "Precious" and he didn't realize my grandfather called me that. So that is my nickname but then he started calling me "Meow Meow" and this is a name everyone knows now... this last christmas, my sister made me a rhinestone shirt with "Meow Meow" on it with cat eyes!!

I'm not sure how I got Meow Meow, but I think it's hilarious and cute.

~~~~
Proud Farmgirl #775

http://maggielousdaughter.blogspot.com
(in construction!)

Go to Top of Page

Tanna
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Tanna
Fort Worth TX
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  4:43:15 PM  Show Profile
Let's see. DH, Mark, I sometimes call Sparky. That's usually when he's getting worked up over some project he's doing that isn't working out like he would like. (If you've seen National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation you know why).

Lukas was called Lucky before and right after he was born. I didn't have the easiest pregnancy with him so he was Lucky.

Liam is Nardo. It started out as LiamNardo as in Leonardo Da Vinci. He is always building and inventing things. Lukas thought Nardo was funnier. Recently Liam has acquired Baby Fish Mouth. That one brings on peels of laughter from everyone except Liam. He doesn't have bad breath or anything. He heard someone say it on tv and thought it was funny so we started calling him that...but not in public.

I don't really have a nick name unless you count LaVina. When I was a kid the pharmacy couldn't read my doctor's handwriting and somehow got LaVina from Tanna. My step-dad thought it was pretty funny and started calling me that if I called him Gordina (his name is Gorden)

Tanna
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  5:16:22 PM  Show Profile
We have a few nicknames. My sister is Lajohanna and we have always called her Jonnie. My oldest is Rebecca which got shortened to Becky the Becca Becc. My middle one is Chloe' Suzanne which for some odd reason became Billy Bob. She was Billy Bob until we moved over seas and the Scottish Nanny thought that was awful, so she became Chloe' Suz. Then the youngest is Veronica and she has been Rainna forever. When my middle daughter was in High School she had a teacher that was having a baby. When the baby came she named it Chloe' Suzanne and a year later she had another one and named her Rainna. My middle daughter has started calling her little sister (Rainna) Banana not sure why and I have become Lady McBeth.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Nicknames Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page