Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 My Sis . . . ending my "career" - 09/13/12
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic My Sis . . . ending my "career" - 09/13/12 Next Topic
Page: of 21

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2010 :  11:28:11 AM  Show Profile
(((HUGS))) to you and your sister. Is there a different OT person or a COTA in the area who could work with your sister? She may be thinking the OT person is someone or something else that she is afraid of. Your sister has a brain injury so one may never know but it's worth a try to look for someone to do what this OT person is trying to do.

My hat is off to you, I know how diffucult it can be at times. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  09:05:31 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
There is only one OT with the current home health program. There are other OTs in private practice . . . I guess her hubby will need to make the decision as to whether a change is needed.
So, I guess we'll see how this week goes with her.
We're off for another week . . .
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  7:10:16 PM  Show Profile
Praying for you all.

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  10:01:10 PM  Show Profile
Have a good week ceejay, been thinking about you alot lately. Please take care of you!!! Praying for you also my friend!!

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  10:07:48 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Prayers sent dear!! Thank you so much for keeping us all updated!
Hugs,
Channah

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  08:46:03 AM  Show Profile
I've been praying for you and your family. The sun is shining so I'm going for a walk around the block with God.

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  6:50:18 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Diane!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO APPRECIATED!!!

And, to all you Farmgirls . . THANK YOU!!!

I'll get back here in a few days and provide an update on things.
THANKS AGAIN!!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  9:21:56 PM  Show Profile
Oh CeeJay this is the first time I've been on you post. My heart aches for you. You are a good sister and she loves you for it. And it does take the world of patience. But please take care of yourself also. I'm glad that you have had a couple of days to re-coup. My prayers are going out for you and your sister and will be waiting to see how things are going. Love you girlfriend, Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2010 :  2:58:42 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thought I'd share these photos with you . . .

My sis and I, week of August 5, 1955. About 3 weeks before her 3rd birthday and 4 months before my 7th birthday.

Same date as above photo: My older sister, Marilyn, my mom Evelyn, oldest sister Janice, my little sis, oldest brother, Noel and in front would be me and my other brother, Gerry.
My dad was taking the photo.

Our parents are both gone, but all my siblings are still living, scattered from British Columbia to North Carolina.

Thanks for letting me share!!!

Edited by - ceejay48 on Mar 13 2010 3:03:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2010 :  3:22:49 PM  Show Profile
What a lovely family and I just know that your parents would be so proud of you today, you two were a couple of cuties! Cherish these pictures, for I know alot of people who have none. Pictures are pricelss!! Prayer's continue for you and your sis. Keep us up on how she is doing.

Blessings, Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

theprimitivepilgrim
True Blue Farmgirl

217 Posts

Michelle
Baggs Wyoming
USA
217 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2010 :  7:48:17 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for sharing these precious pictures, CeeJay. You have a beautiful family, and a beautiful heart.

Keeping you all in my prayers~

~Michelle
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2010 :  8:07:55 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
You have a lovely family CJ!!! Thank you so much for sharing!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1669 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1669 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2010 :  9:12:31 PM  Show Profile
Lovely pics CeeJay. Treasure them always.
Hugs,
Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  09:13:23 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks girls!!
I do cherish them. My mom passed away 16 yrs. ago, my dad 3 yrs. later. Because I'm such a scrapbooker & papercrafter my siblings decided I should have the photo albums and all the memorabilia. I'm supposed to scrapbook all of it . . . it is a HUGE, HUGE task and I've only purchased books to put it in and torn apart those awful magnetic page albums my mom had in later years. My daughter and I did that and sorted everything from those books by family or subject.

The first photo album my mom put together was when she was dated my dad (they got married in 1933) and she was doing scrapbooking then!!
Photos cut into heart shapes and formed into flowers. She used watercolors to very lightly color some . . . it's pretty cool. I love those books and they are very fragile and precious!!

THANKS!!!
CJ

Edited by - ceejay48 on Mar 14 2010 11:15:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  10:39:53 AM  Show Profile
Ceejay, thanks for sharing the lovely pix, you and your family are in my prayers
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  11:16:38 AM  Show Profile
Very cute pictures. It's nice that you shared them. You and your whole family are in my prayers.

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  11:31:35 AM  Show Profile
Ceejay, awesome pictures. I just love old photos, so nostalgic. Your sister and family are in my prayers.

Why not go out on a limb, that's where all the fruit is! "Mark Twain"
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  6:38:42 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks again . . . so, so, SO much!!!

I appreciate all the encouragements, support and prayers!
I am tired!!!! Discouraged!!!
But I don't have whatever it takes to get into it!

TWO days off . . .
THANKS AGAIN!!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  6:58:57 PM  Show Profile
Praying for you
cj I pray a few days off will give you peace and rest.

blessings
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  8:47:17 PM  Show Profile
ceejay, as usual I've been thinking about you lately and wondering how things are going. I haven't been here too much lately, but thought I'd check things out tonight. Didn't see any updates on your sister and wondered how she was doing. Enjoy your days off, sounds like it's time to "recharge" your battery!! Thoughts and prayers are always with you!!

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  6:32:20 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Well, girls . . . my 2 days off are over . . . and they have been good days. But I am not ready to go back to work. I kinda "hit the wall" this week with caregiving for my sis. There is a multitude of issues and I'm struggling SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much with them.
I won't go into all of it . . .

I just want to let you know that ALL YOU DO IS SO VERY, VERY, VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!!!
THANK YOU ALL!!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  7:52:24 PM  Show Profile
CJ,
I will continue to pray. God will give you the strength you need. Lean on Him. You know we are here for you.

blessings and hugs
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  8:47:55 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like you're having a rough go of it ceejay~~~~I'm sorry things are so tough on you and am praying for you, that God gives you the strength to get through these tough times. Like Tammy said before me, we are all here for you, and to help you through these times!!

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  04:40:56 AM  Show Profile
CJ I'm praying that you can find some relief and strength to get though all the rough times. And yes we are all here for you and love you dear friend.

Blessings, Brenda

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  8:52:58 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks again girls!! Friday was a much better day . . more peaceful and I know it was because there were prayer warriors in action out there!! I worked Saturday (I only work about 1 Saturday per month . . depending on how the days in the pay period fall) . . and it was fairly peaceful as well. But my sis was more restless and agitated . . .

This situation is complicated and loaded with so many issues that I can't even begin to lay them all out. Some of them are not so hard to deal with, some are less difficult than others . . .some are downright get-you-down-if-you-let-them. Because we are dealing with a woman with a severe brain injury . . . accident almost 4 years ago . . . who was, prior to that time, a "normal" adult woman. I have learned that many of the medical professionals who have tried to work with her are VERY limited in their knowledge and training for brain injured patients. I continue to be amazed!!

There are many things that wear me down, and I can probably describe all of those, but I won't. I do believe that if there was one single thing that drags me down the most is the lack of support and encouragement from our four older siblings. When I started working as her caregiver in August of 2008 (coming up on 2 years) I sent regular email updates on how she was doing to our siblings. Last year, on the 3rd anniversary I did another one, but in greater detail, summarizing the 3 years since her accident. I laid it all out . . .the good, the bad and the ugly . . .and the icky and embarrassing and unpleasant. Mind you, this information went ONLY TO FAMILY . . .but I was torn limb from limb and ripped to shreds over that. I told them all I was sorry that it might be offensive . . but it is the truth and how it really is. It's a brain injury . . you can't separate the icky out just because it's icky. I told them all I was done with my updates . . . if they wanted info they could talk to my sis's hubby and hope that he was being realistic which he usually is NOT!!!

But, this has been a real eye-opener for me, not only in regard to this situation but I saw, for the first time, some things from the past as to how our son, born with Down Syndrome, has been treated by certain family members. It ripped me to the core of my heart!!!

So, I struggle with the reality of this and how much it hurts in regards to my son. But I also struggle with the constant reminder that there is no support or encouragement from these siblings. I just would like to hear from them . . . "hey, we are here", "how are YOU doing?", "I'm thinking of you, praying for you and just want to let you know that". There are issues with my in-laws as well . . .
I'm ETERNALLY GRATEFUL for my husband and my daughter . . . because as far as family goes they are all there is to help hold me up!!!

I'm ETERNALLY GRATEFUL for all of the support and encouragement I have been showered with by you Farmgirls . . . caring, sensitive women whom I have never had the privilege of actually meeting or SEEING! Boy, the hugs I would give you if I could!!!!!
I share that part of it . . . but it's only part of it. It may be that I will have to make some changes down the road.

THANKS FOR LISTENING!!! THANKS FOR CARING!!! FOR PRAYING!!! FOR ENCOURAGING!!!
YOU ARE AWESOME!!!
GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic My Sis . . . ending my "career" - 09/13/12 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page