Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 My Sis . . . ending my "career" - 09/13/12
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic My Sis . . . ending my "career" - 09/13/12 Next Topic
Page: of 21

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2010 :  5:29:54 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Yes, MaryBeth, that would be the same sister . . . she is the "baby" of the family (#6) and I'm almost 4 years older (#5). There was another sister born between us but she died at 7 days old . . .cystic fibrosis I believe. That would have been in 1950.

I love looking at my mom's photo albums . . . she's been gone 16 years and my dad has been gone 13 years.

THANKS!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2010 :  8:46:53 PM  Show Profile
What wonderful pictures ceejay......you were looking over her then, as you are now.....how lucky she is to have you!!

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  06:23:37 AM  Show Profile
What beautiful pictures. Such love showing through, too.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  06:50:57 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks girls . . . I knew those pictures existed, but when I just recently saw them again and was thinking of the current situation it just made me cry!!!

TODAY: 01/28/10. I talked with her hubby this morning briefly. They are headed back home today. Yesterdays appointments "went really well" and "were very encourating"!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!

Supposed to snow here and there today and they have 400 miles to cover with high mountain passes between. So, we need to "pray them home"!!!!

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOU FARMGIRLS DO . . . and FOR WHO YOU ARE!!!!
GOD BLESS YOU!!
LOVE YOU TOO!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  4:19:13 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Very sweet CJ!!
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  9:05:25 PM  Show Profile
Great pix ceejay....been looking a lots of those types lately, they do make you cry!! So glad you had encouraging news today, and that they make it home "safe and sound", prayers along the way!!

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  05:08:30 AM  Show Profile
Love the photos. Thank you for posting them. Two beautiful little girls, you were.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  11:55:22 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
They are back home, safe and sound!! Trip home snowier than going, but no big issues.
Doctors were pleased with her progress and healing and were very encouraging. Wanting more physical therapy, so pray that the therapist can do that. They are VERY, VERY BUSY!!!

Traveling is hard on her so she is VERY, VERY GROUCHY today!!! That makes it hard to care for her, but we just do our best and hope for her to settle back in and get comfy with being back home.

THANKS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR YOUR PRAYERS for their trip!
THANKS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR YOUR PRAYERS FOR EVERYTHING!

Please continue prayers for the daily routine, her continued healing and for us as caregivers to be healthy and uninjured.
THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  8:07:20 PM  Show Profile
Please do take care of yourself ceejay.....it's sooooo important!!! But then, you already know that, just a reminder I think about you daily!!

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  07:48:38 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Boy howdy . . . Friday was RAGGED, ROUGH and DIFFICULT!!! Monday was better . . . but Tuesday (yesterday) was a "ROWDY RODEO".
My sis is doing better in mobility issues. Xrays in Denver show that the hip replacement repair looks very good. Infectious disease Dr. says that that is all clear and she is doing well in that regard.
Physical therapist is the first one I've seen (out of 6) who is REALLY committed to working with her and pushing her. Push her one must because a good portion of the time she will not cooperate and just complain about having to work at it (I don't think her hubby has grasped the reality of this!). So, PT works hard, and I reinforce all of that when it's just me.
Occupational Therapist (OT) comes . . . and she has been involved on previous post-hospital discharge home health regimes. I do NOT understand what she hopes to accomplish other than have my sis get food all over the place and then leave the mess for me to clean up!!!
She does not seem to grasp the fact that there is a brain injury patient here and until there is return of cognitive skills other things will not be learned/taught.
What is good about the "rodeo" concept is that my sis seems to have regained some of her "fight" . . . however, it is VERY HARD to work with her because it demands physical strength, protection of yourself and watchfulness for safety. EXHAUSTING!!!
I'm glad to have the next two days off so I can recuperate!!!
Soooooooooooooooooo, we just continue to hang in there!!! Do our best and hope for some positive recovery.
THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR ENCOURAGEMENT, SUPPORT AND PRAYERS!!!
. . . and thanks for continued prayers!!!
GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!
CJ

Edited by - ceejay48 on Feb 03 2010 07:49:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  9:46:25 PM  Show Profile
Oh ceejay, thank goodness you have a sense of humor, and a good one at that!!! This is so difficult for you and I am sorry, but your sis is so lucky to have one sister that cares enough and continues on, even during the "rodeos"!!! Hope you enjoy your well deserved days off, and get some down time for you!!! My prayers and love are with you!!!

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  4:28:49 PM  Show Profile
Your sister will have to relearn many taskes one being feeding herself. Your OT person probley is working on the belief that if you do something over an over an over again she will learn the patteren and do it herself. It could take years. I taught a 23 yr old person born with just enough brain stem to live to feed himself it took over 2 years everyday every meal with 3 of us making sure someone was with him at every meal and the day he picked the spoon up himself and was able to feed himself was a wonderful day and to this day Ron feeds himself. (The mess, well I will admit that he still needs to be cleaned up after every meal) It is always easier just to do it for them, but if it was you wouldn't you want to do it yourself?
Hang in there. I think your doing a wonderful job and if I had a sister I would want her to be just like you. Your in my prayers.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  6:21:49 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I do understand the purpose and the intent. I guess one would have to actually observe what goes on to know what I mean . . .it's hard to describe.
Her hubby is visibly discouraged . . . and I am discouraged.
So, I pray for patience, hope, discernment, gargantuan amounts of every kind of strength.
THANKS AGAIN FOR PRAYERS!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  07:00:43 AM  Show Profile
Praying for patience for you (I think you have a lot of that) Hope (that everything works out the way you need it to) Strength (You have more than you know) discernment (the little I know about you I believe you have a ton of good judgement)
You have my prayers. I know what your going through is far more than most people and it has to be so very hard to see the person you love not recover as quickly as you want and knowing she may never be the sister you had. I do know your sister is thankful that she still has you and her family. I wish I could drop everything and help you out but I can't so I aways say an extra prayer for you. Remember God will not give you more than you can handle. I always say God you think I'm so strong, please give me a break. Sometimes he does sometimes he doesn't :)

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  9:24:51 PM  Show Profile
ceejay~~~Diane is so very right, God never gives us more than we can handle....you've got more than your fair share, but you are a strong farmgirl, we are all praying for you, for hope, strength, and all that you need us for!! We are always here for you, just as you are for us!!! Many prayers and big hugs too, my friend!!

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  3:41:21 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Valentines Day tomorrow . . .
. . .and we had a week with some moments of encouragement. My sis is doing MUCH, MUCH better with mobility . . .standing, transferring and moving about. Her walking is still not good at all, but hopefully that will improve with the exercises and therapy to strengthen her muscles.

Some glimmers of increased cognition here and there . . .
Some moments of coherent conversationn . . .
Some increased smiling and laughing . . .

She responds well to her physical therapist, who pushes her and won't let her "wimp out" . . .and she tries that every day. She doesn't respond well to her occupational therapy who doesn't really seem to know how to work with her. She responds to her nurse who knows exactly how to work with her.

She and I get along pretty well because when she says "go away" I just say to her, "Hey, I'm your sister . . . your older sister . . and I love you and I'm the one in charge here".

It's good to see her making tiny little strides of improvement and getting stronger. That also means that the physical demands on caregivers change and we have to be even more watchful for ourselves.

Again, I just say THANK YOU in the HUGEST, MOST SINCERE manner I possibly can to you for all your prayers, support and encouragement.
I know that is what "holds" us up and together.

THANKS FOR YOUR CONTINUED PRAYERS!!!!!!
LOVE YOU ALL!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  8:39:33 PM  Show Profile
Oh ceejay, that is so encouraging, and what wonderful news, I was getting a little worried as I hadn't seen a post here for several days. So glad things are starting to look up a bit, and I'm sure you are all thrilled also. Positive strides are always good strides!! Will keep praying for you, and also, hope you have a great Valentines Day tomorrow!!! Sending my love~~

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  9:49:45 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
That is great great news CJ!! My prayers are still with you and your family!
Hugs,
Channah

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2010 :  09:05:39 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Continued prayers are cherished and treasured!!

There is still a VERY LLLLL-OOOOO-NNNN-GGGG road ahead and it is totally unpredictable. The past has shown us that. About the time she seems to be doing better then there is a setback. While we don't want to expect the worst, we do have to be realistic . . . but hang on to hope!!!
THANKS SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2010 :  12:39:11 PM  Show Profile
continuing to pray for all of you. I can't imagine doing what you do every day...you have a strong faith and great strength

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  08:10:50 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Well, my praying farmgirl friends, I'll try to "catch up" on things with my sis.
She is doing much, much better in mobility issues which is making it easier, in some ways, to care for her. She is not walking well, however and it remains to be seen if that will change. Physical therapy continues and her PT works hard to help her.

Her cognition is pretty much the same. While she is alert and responsive, there still is not a lot of apparent "recovery" from the brain injury in this regard. Again, it remains to be seen if this improves as she improves in mobility. There are no guarantees either way.

She does NOT respond at all well to her occupational therapist and it is a mystery as to why that is. I observe the OT weekly and she is kind, gentle and caring with my sis, doesn't "yak" at her or speak in loud tones. BUT, she throws a fit every time the OT comes!!

Yesterday, she threw the fit of all fits!! Since I have been helping take care of her and have seen her scream, yell and hollar, I have NEVER seen her like that. I tried to help the OT, I tried to help calm my sis down and the image of her grabbing me and getting right up in my face and screaming at me at the top of her lungs . . . well, it's still there and it was unnerving. The OT wisely decided that nothing productive was going to happen and that she'd try again another day.

When I got home last night and was talking with my daughter on the phone I realized that that was mentally and emotionally taxing . . . more than I had thought earlier. Anyway, OT and I talked about that we may need to come up with a different plan, but she said she wasn't going to give up yet . . . and that I really appreciate. She is trying to work in cooperation with the PT to help my sis in getting some flexibility back in her trunk, arms and legs so it's important work.

Sis's hubby was not home at the time so he didn't hear or see . . .
probably a good thing.

I'm off for 2 days which is good . . . so I'm going to regroup, take care of my stuff and be back there on Friday for another 2 days with her.

So, as always your prayers are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO appreciated!!
I cannot adequately express in words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU ALL!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Chives
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Victoria
Shelton Washington
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  08:42:36 AM  Show Profile
Praying for you now. Vicki
Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  08:47:55 AM  Show Profile
Hi ceejay~~been wondering how things were going. Things sound encouraging....patience is definately going to have to be your friend, and obviously is!! I think you certainly need to regroup today and tomorrow....I'm so sorry too about the yelling incident that was all directed at you yesterday, when you finally sat down last night I'll bet you were exhausted. We only had one of those with my late husband, and it left me shaking my head the entire afternoon. Not to mention the rest of me!! My prayers are always with you and your family, hope you can enjoy your days off!!

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  2:37:45 PM  Show Profile
Oh CJ, here is a {{{{BIG HUG}}}} for you.
I often wonder if those who cannot communicate have frustrations like the rest of us..... they can't tell us when they are having a bad day, or when something is rubbing them the wrong way, so they let out their frustrations in any way they can....
my prayers are with you....
Hang in there. :)

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

Nothing we achieve in this world is achieved alone. It is always achieved with others teaching us along the way. Lee J. Colan

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  3:04:38 PM  Show Profile
A big farmgirl hug m'dear. Take care and you know you'll always have us farmsisters to cheer you up and uplift you when things get tough =)

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic My Sis . . . ending my "career" - 09/13/12 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page