Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Prayers For Friend's Mother
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers For Friend's Mother Next Topic  

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  09:55:26 AM  Show Profile
One of my dearest friend's mother is in ICU and they have given her less then 24 hours to live. My friend's mom is like a second mother to me and is one of those salt of the earth, truly good, strong Christian women who was always a delight to be around.

Both my friend and her mom could use some prayers right now as they prepare for her mom's final journey.

Thank you,
Dawn in IL

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  5:03:45 PM  Show Profile
Praying for all that you have comfort in knowing she will be at peace and in a better place.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  5:45:01 PM  Show Profile
Prayers of comfort are being said !

Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  6:29:02 PM  Show Profile
Praying for comfort and Peace.
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  8:19:18 PM  Show Profile
Said a prayer and will continue praying. She sounds like a wonderful woman who was a blessing to know. Praying that you and her family will be filled with happy memories of her to help you through this difficult time.

Emily
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  06:05:17 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all so very much for your kind words and prayers. I went to my friend's parents house last night to say good-bye. Her mom, Mrs. S, opened her eyes and smiled when I told her that she had been a big part of my life & that I loved her. She tried to say something, but couldn't get the words out. I felt so much better being able to tell her how much she had meant to me before it is too late.

Mrs. S has slipped into a coma and her family are there by her side. I could be wrong, but I think being at home & hearing their voices around her is still comforting to her. We are praying her suffering will end and that she will be with God this day.

Again, thank you for the outpouring of prayers & support. This forum has been so wonderful to turn too, especially in a time of need.

Dawn in IL

Edited by - ddmashayekhi on Sep 19 2012 05:12:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  08:43:52 AM  Show Profile
sending prayers for peace for the wonderful family.

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  08:59:42 AM  Show Profile
Prayers being sent.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7583 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7583 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  8:23:53 PM  Show Profile
I am praying for your friends mother that her journey will be a pleasant gentle journey to be with God. I am praying for her family to be able to cope with her journey and that they will be happy that she has gone to be with Jesus. and I am praying for you that you will have wonderful memories of your lives together.
Blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2012 :  05:15:07 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all so very much for your prayers, your kind words and your support. My friend's mother slipped quietly away last night. She was in her own home, surrounded by her husband and children.

Everyone is brokenhearted and yet comforted knowing she is no longer suffering. She was quite impatient to be with God and we are sadly relieved she is now with him.

The farmgirls support, wisdom, and kindness has been a great comfort to me. Today is sadly the first anniversary of my father's death. I am doing my best not to be overwhelmed by sadness, but it isn't easy.

Dawn in IL

Edited by - ddmashayekhi on Sep 19 2012 05:56:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2012 :  05:52:16 AM  Show Profile
Dawn,
You are in my prayers- pleas know I am sending lots of hugs and love from Wisconsin!!

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2012 :  4:40:14 PM  Show Profile
Dawn, prayers being sent your way, and lots of hugs too!!! Know that we are thinking of you.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2012 :  5:08:16 PM  Show Profile
Dawn, I'm sending hugs to you.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers For Friend's Mother Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page