Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 My Sis . . . ending my "career" - 09/13/12
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic My Sis . . . ending my "career" - 09/13/12 Next Topic
Page: of 21

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2010 :  06:02:52 AM  Show Profile
Praying.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2010 :  06:37:29 AM  Show Profile
CJ I'm praying!!! You are in my thoughts alot. Doing the caregiving role is diffently not a easy job. When they don't and can't understand what is going on, only makes it worse for you. Your heart just hearts for them. You want what is best for them and knowing that you really can't do anything that will help their situation, it is all in Gods hands. This is where I have problems being patient and not getting discouraged. Even when I know that he is working on giving me strength to get through. I pray that you can get recharged and some comfort for you own disconforts. You have to keep your strength up to help her with her daily needs. You are a amazing lady and so happy that I have become a sister with you. Know that I'm here praying and if there is anything I could do, please let me know. Hugs, Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  7:53:18 PM  Show Profile
Cj, praying for wisdom, strength and peace for you and your family! Don't know how you manage it all! God bless and strengthen you! Blessings, linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2010 :  2:25:28 PM  Show Profile
always praying for you dear CJ
and your whole family ..this is so trying
and it is so sad..
we always here for you..
blessings deborah

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2010 :  10:59:05 AM  Show Profile
CJ,
Even when I'm only able to make it to the forum in snatches here and there (like lately)- you are never far from my thoughts and prayers.
lifting you before the throne...

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2010 :  08:04:17 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you, again and again, for your encouragements and prayers.

My sister is now sick with a bad cold! She chokes VERY EASILY on everything and can aspirate. So we puree her food, use thickeners in beverages, etc., etc. She coughs and spits a lot (sorry for the EEWWWW!) Monday evening her cough sounded different to me and then yesterday she had other stuff going on that indicates a cold with lots of chest and nasal congestion! She was pretty miserable yesterday, you could see it in her eyes. Any coughing or nose blowing is involuntary and most of the time her brain (because it is so badly injured) doesn't tell her when she needs to do either. You can't say "blow your nose" of "cough" and have her be able to respond to that.

Anyway, my concern is that could very easily and quickly develop into pneumonia and she'll be back in the hospital.
So, please pray for her in this regard.

I'm off today and tomorrow . . . and I pray that she will heal quickly and not have to go through another hospitalization!!!

THANKS SO VERY, VERY MUCH!!!!
GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2010 :  08:12:24 AM  Show Profile
Oh poor girl! =(
I hope that she heals quickly and doesn't have to endure another hospital stay.
Keeping her and you, CJ, close in my heart and thoughts.
*hugs*

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

Mommyswanson
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Laura
Waukegan IL
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2010 :  08:26:14 AM  Show Profile
Praying for your sister Ceejay! & you as well. I know how exhausting physically & emotionally it can be being a caregiver.

Laura

"That which does not kill us makes us strong!" "I cast all my cares upon you Lord."
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2010 :  10:44:43 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Praying for your sister, CJ and sending you lots of hugs!

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2010 :  10:48:17 AM  Show Profile
Praying for you both, CJ - I hope she feels better real soon. Here's a big farmgirl HUG for you both!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Aunty Krys
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Krystal
Vancouver Wa
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  10:08:45 AM  Show Profile
Prayers for your sister and your family--I know how hard it is to watch someone you love suffer and not be able to do more than try to "manage"--especially when they don't know whats going on around them! Big hugs to you and prayers to uphold you as you continue to to bring care and comfort to your sister!!!

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  11:38:50 AM  Show Profile
CJ, praying for your sister and you. I hope she does not get sicker and end up in the hospital. Hang in there sugar!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  3:59:48 PM  Show Profile
oh CJ praying for you and your sister
that poor girl,
keep your srtength up
hugs and blessings
deborah

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2010 :  08:17:11 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
My sister is very much better and getting over this illness. Her hubby got sick too, so for a few days the end of last week and over the weekend they were both pretty under the weather. Hubby is pretty much well and sis so much better.

As for all the "regular" stuff, things are pretty much status quo. After the morning routine today . . .well, I need a nap!!! So, I pray for a quieter day today . . . and continued healing for sister.

THANKS AGAIN GIRLS!!! I know that your prayers are what help sustain me . . us!!
GOD BLESS YOU!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2010 :  3:46:25 PM  Show Profile
CJ, Wrapping you in big warm hugs! I am continuing to pray for you to have what you need, when you need it, plus some extra thrown in. For your sister, healing and peace. Also for everyone else involved, and it does trickle down to many others who need our prayers!
Glad the colds are better - please take good care of CJ too!
Hugs and prayers,
Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2010 :  11:02:06 AM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
CJ, I had hoped that over the summer some things would have gotten better. It seams that everyone needs to let things take there way as will, and live with it the best you can. Brother-in-law should not keep on putting your sister through things. God will take care of things in his time and not ours. Remember the good times and the laughter and your heart can still be blessed. No one can take that from you. Always thinking and praying for all the farm sisters and there needs. Love always Lilly for you

learning the life I always wanted.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2010 :  4:45:25 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Pretty much over the cold/flu illness . . . now my sis has a UTI!!!
Happens a lot and it's hard to control that in a person in her situation. Another thing to fight!!!

THANKS FOR CONTINUED PRAYERS!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2010 :  2:17:20 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I know that sis doesn't understand her situation and why she is the way she is. I know that . . . my heart aches SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for her!!! And, it breaks my heart to see her this way.

Somedays my patience is tested to the limit with the situation and the demands there are on all of us. I spent the day yesterday trying to keep both of us from falling because she was so unfocused and uncooperative that my work with her was jeopardizing my physical well being as well as hers. Not to mention the seemingly endless "icky" stuff!

She was so agitated, restless and "off the walls" . . . trying to find ways to distract or calm her . . . pretty much fruitless. And, yes, I was in tears . . again . . more than once. Came home and melted into a puddle!

Off today and tomorrow which is a good thing . . . and I'm just praying for peace for her. Recuperation physically for me and renewed spirit and energy for me. And, wisdom for BIL.

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS and ENCOURAGEMENTS!!!
CJ

Edited by - ceejay48 on Nov 17 2010 4:24:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2010 :  4:08:50 PM  Show Profile
Oh CJ - big hugs and lots of prayers for you sweet sister! My heart just aches for you and your family.
Can you all get outside help, at least occasionally, so you can really rest and re-group. This is really taking a toll on you, physically and mentally. I so wish we weren't a country away from each other, as I would be there trying to do something to help out.
I can and do pray, which is something I can do in Georgia!
Hugs and prayers,
Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2010 :  7:51:21 PM  Show Profile
God bless you, CJ. I think Ruth has a good idea, with the holidays coming up, it's stressful enough. I don't know much about your sister's condition, but I know it has to be frustrating for her as well. Love will overcome all, but even Jesus often went away by himself to pray and "re-charge" his batteries so he could heal the sick. Praying for you, I think you are very brave.
Cindy

"There is more to life than increasing its speed". Mahatma Gandhi

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  05:12:37 AM  Show Profile
CJ my heart just goes out for your sister, It has to be so confusing for her to not understand what is actually going on. My prayers are with her. And CJ my dear farmgirl sister, try to rest up today and tomorrow. Remember you have other family members that need you also, besides taking care of your own health. I know when your in this situation you just feel that you must do everything you can to help. But girlfriend, please take care of you! If not you will not be able to care for dear sis. We love you and our prayers are with you and your family always. Hugs, Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  3:22:56 PM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
CJ God be with you and your family. Payers as always Lilly

learning the life I always wanted.
Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2010 :  7:53:03 PM  Show Profile
ceejay.....hope things are status quo, maybe they have settled down a bit?? I hope you're taking good care of yourself, staying warm and that you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving, thinking about you!!

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2010 :  08:30:16 AM  Show Profile
You are so often in my prayers. I took your photos of Scotland in to my office. Every time I see them, I think of you and give thanks for you and say prayers for all you deal with.

praying for many....
Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Nov 24 2010 08:30:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2010 :  8:13:27 PM  Show Profile
CeeJay,

I am catching up on your sister's plight. So sorry about all your troubles. Good thoughts are sent your way. I hope you and the other family members who care for your sister can continue to do what you need to do. You have my admiration and are in my prayers.

Marianne
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic My Sis . . . ending my "career" - 09/13/12 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page