Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 My Sis . . . ending my "career" - 09/13/12
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic My Sis . . . ending my "career" - 09/13/12 Next Topic
Page: of 21

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2010 :  10:42:51 AM  Show Profile
*BIG HUG* It's sad that she isn't improving more More love and prayers for both of you! So glad that you made it home from your adventures safe and sound.

Love and light!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2010 :  7:35:41 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
When I saw my sis today after being gone close to two weeks the reality of the situation hit me . . . again!!! I found myself just watching her from time to time during the day, tears in my eyes at all of it.
I told a mutual friend of ours a couple weeks ago that I felt like I was losing the memory of the person she was before her accident. I don't want to lose that. I believe her hubby feels the same way and it would make sense for us who work with her and are around her daily.
Our siblings, of which there are four, don't live nearby and I don't believe they have the same concerns, because they hardly ever see her.

Anyway, back to work and to the routine . . . and I just want to keep my memories alive but also realize she isn't the same person and be the best caregiver sister I can be to her.

Keeping on keeping on!!!
THANKS!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LindaJo
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Linda
Fargo ND
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  11:43:23 AM  Show Profile
Prayer answered-you had a safe trip and returned home without incident. Still praying for you and your sister.

Art cleans the dust of everyday life from the soul. Picasso
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  9:38:04 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Things have been pretty much the same . . . no changes in anything for her that could be called "progress".
We continue to maintain as much therapy as she will tolerate, regular care routine and engage her in any conversation we possibly can . . . and that is EXTREMELY difficult.
This morning she was fussing and fighting everything . . and caused me to wrench my back so I'm trying to get that worked out.
Off for the next two days . . . but I have to clean my house which has been very, very neglected for a very long time.

Your continued prayers are appreciated . . . more than words can describe.
THANKS YOU MY FRIENDS!
GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

LindaJo
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Linda
Fargo ND
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2010 :  09:02:08 AM  Show Profile
Will be praying your back is healed and you can get done what you need to. Or maybe you'd rather not-the older I get the less I like the house work. But necessary to survive.

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2010 :  09:10:49 AM  Show Profile
CeeJay,
Thoughts and prayers are with you daily. If you haven't already, try to take a few minutes each day at a peaceful time to write down the good memories of your sister. When you are having a rough time go back and read them. I understand the fear that the recent and present difficulties can cloud over those positives. Try to imagine her caring for you if the situation had been reversed. Even though she doesn't express gratitude, know what it truely means to give so much to the care of a loved one. Some angels don't fly above, they are in the daily labors of love.
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2010 :  3:10:52 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks girls . . thanks Susan for your suggestion and thoughts. I do journal daily and many times I do journal about the memories. I need to do more of it though I'm sure.

My back is not better . . and my neck has been stiff and sore on top of it. So, tomorrow will be "gimp" day for me when I work with her. I just pray it'll be an "okay" day to be gimpy. Somedays she is has more peace and other days it's just constant striving. I pray for one of peace!!!

I only work tomorrow (12 hrs), then have Sat. and Sunday off before Monday and Tuesday both 12 hr. days. I have been able to do things here at home I needed/wanted. And staying physically active actually helps with the soreness and stuff. Praying it will subside soon!!!

THANKS AGAIN GIRLS!
CJ

Edited by - ceejay48 on Oct 07 2010 4:12:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2010 :  3:18:27 PM  Show Profile
CeeJay, as always you are in my thoughts and may your body stop paining you and may your sister and you have peace. I would do the same if it were my sister, but I can''t know what you are going through. Hoping as always for some improvement. Peace and comfort too you.

*hugs* friend
Love and light too!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2010 :  8:31:20 PM  Show Profile
CJ I am praying that you find some relief for you painful back and neck. I know that the pain can just wear you down. Rest as best you can this weekend, and praying next week will be a better one. Hugs, Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2010 :  8:51:42 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks, as always . . . over and over . . for your encouragements and prayers!!!
I have had relief from the pain and strain . . . and I'm thankful!! Because, as you say Brenda, it DOES wear you down!!!

This past Monday was a pretty good day with sis. Tuesday was UGLY . . I won't go into details but is was a ROUGH, RAGGED day and I was in teasr more than once that day. Her hubby knew it was rough and he apologized to both of us . . .certainly not his fault. And, to add to it all, HE had to go pick up his 90+ year-old mother from the doctor, take her to hospital so she could be admitted for treatment.

I've been off yesterday and today . . . back to work with her tomorrow. Then off again Saturday and Sunday. So, I'm praying for a better day for ALL OF US tomorrow!!! I've invited some farmgirl friends over for some "FARMGIRL FUN" on Saturday . . .looking forward to that. Ya'll are invited!!! Come on over . . 4:00 PM Mountain Daylight time!!!!
THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!!!
CJ

Edited by - ceejay48 on Oct 15 2010 05:03:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2010 :  10:43:06 PM  Show Profile
Oh CJ my heart aches for you. Love and hugs to you and your sister...take care sweet friend

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://pinkprincessdecorating.blogspot.com/
Almost daily updates on me, my home and my crafts
Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2010 :  7:36:20 PM  Show Profile
Ceejay, my heart goes out to you my friend, what a long road this has been, and certainly taking it's toll on you. SO glad you got to have some Farmgirl Fun today, hope you enjoyed it and that it helped lift your spirits a little bit. We are all praying here for you, what a woman you are!!

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2010 :  06:11:28 AM  Show Profile
CJ, my dear farmgirl friend, I am praying that your body quits paining you so much and that your mind can focus on the person your sister was. It must be truely difficult to remember before the accident when you are faced with the reality so much of the time. You are a true earth angel and I admire you for your strength and fortitude. Have fun with your farmgirl friends...wish I could join you!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2010 :  06:22:51 AM  Show Profile
CJ, My heart goes out to you. I hope that your pains ease and you have a blast with your farmgirl party and get to relax!...Wish I could be there =)
Love and Light

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2010 :  05:28:51 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Again, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

The FARMGIRL FUN gathering was small but we had FUN!!! It was such a treat to get together with GOOD, LONG-TIME FRIENDS!!!!!!
And, yup . . . YOU were missed!!!!

The pain and stiffness my neck has returned . . much to my dismay!
It had subsided, then I noticed hints on Friday afternoon. Saturday morning it was so bad I was in tears. But, I also know that, for me, moving around and staying active helps . . and that I can't sit around and do nothing. It did ease a bit during the day.
Yesterday morning I woke up with muscle soreness radiating down into my right upper arm . . . so, if you don't think things are "connected" . . well, I tell you they are. Again, I moved around in activity that was reasonable and a bit of easing of the pain and soreness. This morning is it much better, but I still feel some sore muscles and stiffness.
It's pretty discouraging . . and it DOES get me down.
I have to work with my sis today and tomorrow . . . and I'm pretty confident that what I have to do with/for her doesn't help. I'm in my 3rd year of working with her . . . and thinking that, just maybe, it's starting to wear me out. After all, I may be a chick . . . but I ain't no spring chicken!!!
So, off to her house I go in less than an hour . . and I pray for a day of peace and less agitation for her and less strain for me.

THANKS AGAIN GIRLS FOR ALL YOUR ENCOURAGEMENTS AND PRAYERS!!!
CJ

Edited by - ceejay48 on Oct 18 2010 05:30:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2010 :  06:32:56 AM  Show Profile
cj so hoping you will have a great day. i am hoping the neck and back are better. sending hugs love and a prayer your way. sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2010 :  2:28:59 PM  Show Profile
CJ, I'm so sorry you are hurting on top of your daily duties, which are monumental. You are in my prayers daily!
We were in Colorado Springs visiting with our son and his family last week, so have been out of touch!
Do you have a rice bag to put on your back and neck????
Hugs and prayers,
Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2010 :  7:01:06 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Ruth . . thanks!!
Yup, I have TWO rice bags and they get used every night. With the newest, latest neck think I've been taking them to bed with me too!!!
And, fortunately, there is one at my sister's house too . . so I try to use it when possible.
They are wonderful!!!
THANKS AGAIN!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2010 :  5:51:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi CJ, Just checking in on you to see how you are feeling.
Glad you have a couple of rice bags, they are the best!
Sorry you are having to use them though .
Hugs and prayers,
Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

LindaJo
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Linda
Fargo ND
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2010 :  3:02:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi CJ
keeping you in prayer. Hope the back is getting better and you will need the rice bags less and less.

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2010 :  4:24:14 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks girls for prayers . . and checking in!!!
I am much better, have had two days off. I do work the next two days, 12 hr. shifts each day (I don't usually work Saturdays, but have to this week), so I'm praying for no setbacks.
I have come to realize that since I have been working as a caregiver for my sister . . . 2 1/2 years I have started have these strains, pains, and such. I'm probably going to have to make some changes in all of this, while I still can. So, pray for me in that regard as well.

I usually use at least one of my ricebags every evening for a while, after I sit down and am reading or watching TV. Kinda helps relax and unkink everything.

Monday and Tuesday were the usual up and down, with Tuesday afternoon being a ROUGH and RAGGED afternoon. You never know . . .
So, thanks again for caring and praying!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2010 :  09:52:43 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
We've had a week of every extreme imaginable! But I'll spare the details . . .it's just seem to be harder and harder.

I'm off today, but back to work with sis the next 2 days. She is supposed to be admitted to hosp. tomorrow to have nurses do the prep for a colonoscopy and then have the procedure early Tuesday AM. I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO grateful the Dr. wants the nurses to do the prep. I'm NOT up for that mess!!! The daily, regular, mess is awful enough.

Anyway, I'll go with her tomorrow and be with her at hospital as she CANNOT be left alone. Then I'll just meet her and hubby back at their house on Tuesday when she's done.

So, please pray for this procedure and all that it involves . . and her as she has to be put through it (and a clear liquid diet all day today!).

For now, my aches and pains have pretty much subsided . . . and I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO grateful for that!!!
THANKS EVERYONE FOR ALL YOU DO FOR US!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2010 :  1:36:22 PM  Show Profile
CJ, You will be in my prayers in the next few days (as always)! Glad you are feeling some better! Try to get some rest when you can.
Hugs and prayers,
Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2010 :  7:25:53 PM  Show Profile
ceejay,just wanted you to know I'm thinkin' about you and praying for you.....you've never left my mind!! Thank you so much for the help you gave me while I was caregiver!!

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2010 :  9:47:33 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
After what I saw my sister going through today with this "prep" day when she doesn't understand any of it . . . . I'd really like to pommel her hubby!!!!!

I won't get into it because it is so, so, so, VERY unpleasant!! It has all impacted me with a renewed reality of the entire situation. And it has taken me aback, emotionally and mentally! I have also had a renewed reminder of the fact that her hubby is NOT dealing with reality, and is very desperate.

I am praying with different "eyes" . . . and heart . . .tonight!
I ask for your continued prayers to get her through the rest of this ordeal!!!!
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic My Sis . . . ending my "career" - 09/13/12 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page