Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 My Sis . . . ending my "career" - 09/13/12
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic My Sis . . . ending my "career" - 09/13/12 Next Topic
Page: of 21

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2010 :  08:29:08 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
FINALLY!!! I'm much better with healing to my ribs and back!! YAY!!! I had a week off from work with my sis, which I'm pretty sure helped!!!! Just time to relax and rest a bit!!!!!

I still have to take ibuprofen when going to bed because if I don't I wake up with aches in the rib/back area. But I see that as resolving too!!!

MY SIS??? Still the same . . . I don't see much change yet . . . and we keep on keeping on!! I just hope I can guard myself enough so as to not strain the healing ribs/back.

THANKS, AS ALWAYS, for your encouragement and prayers!!! PRICELESS!!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2010 :  5:46:30 PM  Show Profile
CJ, Glad you are feeling better, hopefully soon you will be ALL better. Keeping you and your family in my prayers! Praying you have a restful weekend.
hugs and prayers,
Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  06:52:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh CJ! Glad you are feeling better. I think about you and your sister every time I go out to the horses. In her horse accident was she wearing a helmet?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  07:34:13 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Alee . . . no she was not wearing a helmet!! Would have probably made ALL the difference in the world!!
Soooooooo, I tell folks, if ANY of them are riding horses . . . wear a helmet!!!!

My sis was a very experienced horsewoman . . . we've been riding since we were kids. She was a horse trainer and helped trained other to ride and take care of horses.
It can happen to anyone!!!! It is a sad, sad, sad tragedy!!!

THANKS FOR YOUR THOUGHTS and PRAYERS!!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  08:37:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That's what I thought. I told my barn manager that I would never again ride a horse without a helmet. The risks are too great.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Rusty
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Rusty
Las Cruces NM
USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  2:11:39 PM  Show Profile
CJ:
Jim and I went to mass this morning and said a few prayers for you and your sister. I even lit a candle in hopes that your sister doesn't suffer much. Please keep praying because the strength you obtain from HIM will sustain you.

Take care my friend-

Love ya-

Rusty
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  6:07:20 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Our oldest brother, Noel, and his wife, Darlene, from Oregon visited briefly. He is about to turn 75 and comes and sits with my sis, holds her hands, teases her and makes her laugh and plays piano for her. She listens for a little while and then starts complaining about "going home".

Darlene is SOOOOOOOO sweet, loving and kind and will do anything in her power to help. She made a wonderful meal for all of us (my hubby included), washed dishes, did odd chores around their house and sat and visited.

It was a nice visit for me!! They were disappointed that the sought for miracle hasn't happened, but are not surprised . . . we talked a lot about this situation and all the issues.

They left here Saturday. . . I'm back to working with her the next two days. It is SOOOOOOOOOO MISERABLY HOT here right now and that makes all of us very crabby!!! It is hard to accomplish anything . . so we're praying for a cool down soon!!!

I'm pretty much healed up from my rib injury . . still a smidge of pain if I don't take care . . . but it is about healed up!!! Praise the Lord!!!

THANKS AGAIN FOR PRAYERS and ENCOURAGEMENTS!!!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  07:14:44 AM  Show Profile
I'm so thankful you were ministered to through your family's visit. And extremely thankful that you are feeling better, please take care of yourself.

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  08:12:29 AM  Show Profile
CJ, you are a true earth angel. So nice to have relatives that are a joy to have around. You take care my spunky farmgirl friend!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  12:55:46 PM  Show Profile
CJ,
so glad you had a chance to visit with your brother and I will continue to pray for your sister and you. You do so much with such a big heart.

hugs
tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  1:40:53 PM  Show Profile
I am so glad your feeling better and that you and your sister had a nice visit with your brother & sister in law. I am still keeping you in my thoughts an prayers.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  3:38:26 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I can't get into any of the details, but it seems that lately with my sis, her hubby is latching onto obsessions and making decision that are . . . well, NUTS!!!!

Seems like I have to BITE MY TONGUE more and more!!! Today has been the day of all days with that . . and the crazy, off the wall activities of my sis. Yes, it has been a day so frustrating I've been in tears!!!

Sooooooo, your continued prayers are appreciated!!!
THANKS SO MUCH!
CJ

Edited by - ceejay48 on Jul 26 2010 3:39:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  3:55:07 PM  Show Profile
CJ, Oh my, I can't believe what you are going through -
I am sending lots of big hugs and many prayers for you and your family.
I have two sisters and two daughters and I know how protective I am of them and they are fine. It has to be so hard watching and not being able to do anything, I can't even imagine the feelings you must have.
Please know that your farmgirl sisters are here for you whenever you need a hug or shoulder to cry on and most importantly to pray for you.
hugs and prayers,
Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Mama Jewel
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Jewel
Sweet Peas Farmette, Bend, OR
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  4:47:34 PM  Show Profile
CJ, wish I could wrap my arms around you. So sorry about all the frustrations. Caregivers definitely need care. Glad you got a bit of respite from having your brother & SIL there. Praying for wisdom in the decisions you all have to make. Sincere hugs.

Farm Girl Sister #1683 Living Simply & Naturally on our lil Sweet Peas Farmette
"Do Everything in Love." 1 Cor 14
http://www.piecemama.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  7:38:16 PM  Show Profile
Cj,
If I was closer I would bring a pot of tea, scones, and lots of hugs and conversation. I am pryaing for you dear and hoping that things will get better for all.

blessings and hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  9:17:20 PM  Show Profile
Ceejay, so sorry that things continue to get tougher for you, you are such a trooper, to think back a year ago I was just starting my journey with Pete's illness, and you are still struggling. I am so sorry for you and the way things are going. I too would love to give you a huge hug, so I guess we'll have to just give you a "virtual hug", can you feel it???? Prayin', prayin', prayin' for you and yours!

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  9:22:11 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks girls . . I can feel the hugs and TLC . . can't tell you how much I appreciate it!!!

Today was a bit better but still a frustrating day!! Have the next two days off!! One could wonder why I stick with it . . well, she's my sister!!!! What can I say . . .she's gotta have people who LOVE her take care of her because that is what it takes!

THANKS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!
YOU ALL ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO APPRECIATED!!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  06:47:42 AM  Show Profile
CJ I'm so sorry that your DS is still stuggling with her issues. You are one of the strongest most loving lady I've ever know. The good Lord is with you everyday to help you through all that needs to be done. And all your farmagirl sisters also. Try to rest and take some "you time" the next couple of days. So happy to hear you had a wonderful visit with DB and SIL. Just having someone to talk with is a big help. Take care girlfriend and you and your family are always in my thoughts and prayers. Sending BIG HUGS!!
Hugs, Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2010 :  05:49:02 AM  Show Profile
CJ, I am not sure how I have missed this thread over the past year but I am reading thru it for the first time today. My prayers go out for you and your family. I have spent the last 2 weeks taking care of my dad after he broke his hip and had surgery and rehab. It has been so tasking. My life pretty much got put on hold. I can not imagine what you have gone thru all these years. I was whining to my husband last night about feeling like I just lost 2 weeks. My house is a mess, my garden was let go. Well, you have humbled me. I know you don't want pity but I could not help but cry as I read thru the 22 pages of posting. There was one thing you said that stuck in my mind...They were disappointed that the sought for miracle hasn't happened, but are not surprised . . .You know some times we pray to God and if we don't get the answer we want we think he did not answer us. He answers all prayers some times the answer is no and some times the miracle is right in front of us and we never see it. You have had a miracle in your family. It may not be the miracle you wanted but girl you have had a miracle. You have been given the strength and love to continue your hard journey. Your sister has been given the support and unconditional love of you. So many families would have said put her in a home and be done with her. You are living a miracle, you are a miracle. I am sure that if you had the choice you would choose a different life but let me tell you a little secret...You did have a choice and you did choose. You are a great woman, sister and human. You are love.

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2010 :  05:56:31 AM  Show Profile
Ceejay,

Just wanted to send you a hug!!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2010 :  06:41:05 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you, my farmgirl friends!!!
THANK YOU!!!!
THANK YOU!!!!
THANK YOU!!!!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!
CJ

Edited by - ceejay48 on Aug 10 2010 10:02:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  7:54:54 PM  Show Profile
CJ. God Bless all of you. Love Bonnie

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  8:49:21 PM  Show Profile
(((HUGS)))

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

csmartyonline
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Carole
Clarksville TN
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2010 :  04:25:21 AM  Show Profile
From one caregiver to another, love, hugs and prayers. My situation isn't totally bedfast and dependent but I know the frustrations are many and the weariness beyond belief sometimes.

Carole
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2010 :  12:37:57 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Well Farmgirls . . . things are pretty much the same

Seems like though, more lately, that my sis's hubby (BIL) is making more and more goofy and questionable decisions . . and I continue to bite my tongue!!!!!
I hope I can keep my patience . . and speak only IF and WHEN it is warranted!!!!

THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS!!!!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic My Sis . . . ending my "career" - 09/13/12 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page