Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 My Sis . . . ending my "career" - 09/13/12
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic My Sis . . . ending my "career" - 09/13/12 Next Topic
Page: of 21

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2010 :  5:59:58 PM  Show Profile
praying for the best. you are so strong. i hope things lighten up for you. remember to breath sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - May 02 2010 :  5:55:43 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Again, I say the BIGGEST, MOST SINCERE THANK YOU I can possibly muster up!! I just don't have words to adequately express it!

I can't get into the specifics . . and I apologize for that . . but I'd like to ask you to pray for a concern I have about a direction my brother-in-law wants to go in his continued search for the miracle that will bring his wife, my sis, back to the person she was.

It's not realistic and it is very concerning to me . . . just as I thought he was getting a better grip on the concept of "hoping for the miracle, but living in the reality of the situation".

I think she is doing okay with certain things, better mobility and such. I still don't see any consistent positive change in her cognition or brain function.
We continue to do everything we can to help her physically, cognitively, emotionally, etc. Many days she gets quite agitated and engages in annoying repetitive physical movements . . and she gets very grabby and does things that are very unsafe.

Anyway . . I won't go on and on . . I just wanted to ask your intercession in regards to this issue.

AND, I THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS . . FOR YOUR ENCOURAGEMENTS AND SUPPORT!!
YOU HAVE ALL BEEN SUCH ENCOURAGERS!!!
THANK YOU!!!!!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  05:47:01 AM  Show Profile
Oh CJ, my prayers are still in the works, And pray that BIL will begin to listen for what the Lord feels is best. We love you sister!

Hugs,Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  7:49:25 PM  Show Profile
CJ,
I am praying the Lord intercedes on your BIL heart and does what is truly best. I pray for strength for you as well. God is with you on this journey.

hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - May 05 2010 :  2:13:38 PM  Show Profile
Saying prayers,

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  06:41:27 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I thank you for your prayers . . and for continued prayers. I'm not confident that the direction BIL is going is good. I've seen, time and time again, him pursuing something without thinking it through carefully, asking for feedback from others . . . and NONE of it has been to my sis's benefit. NONE of it!!!

In the meantime, I'm tired . . and I have to work an extra shift this week. Her other caregiver has been sick. I just wanna go to my favorite hide-away mountain town and sit in the hotsprings pool and then do as little as possible.

Anyway, thanks my friends!!! You are my ROCKS!!! And YOU ROCK!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  08:46:08 AM  Show Profile
CJ thinking about you all day Prayers for your Sis always.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  09:26:47 AM  Show Profile
CJ, praying that your BIL make the right decisions...also for you and your big heart! You are an earth angel for your sister and for all of us here.

Why not go out on a limb, that's where all the fruit is! "Mark Twain"
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - May 12 2010 :  08:26:57 AM  Show Profile
Cj, just reading your story here...such life changing real-life situation! My sisters(3) take care of my Uncle who is in his 90's..I live out here in Florida, they in Oregon and reading your story reminded me that I need to pray for them more often, because yes, the role as a caregiver especially when it is family is difficult in of itself, but when it is family and you disagree on the needs, it makes it doubly hard. I hope you do get to get away once in awhile, and I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts! Reading your story, makes me realize that my little complaints are just that...whining...so thank you for my reality check when it's most needed!

Living for today! aka: Paper Rose
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  04:18:27 AM  Show Profile
I will always keep you and your family in my prayers. Praying also that your BIL makes the right decisions concerning his wife. It has to be very difficult for all.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  8:35:59 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Today is the 4 year anniversary of my sis's accident. And it's a sad anniversary to see that there has been really no progress, a TREMENDOUS amount of struggles, expenses, pain, frustration.

Her hubby has decided to take her to Mexico for stem-cell treatment.
I'm not expressing my opinion on the matter here but just listing the issues of huge concern:
- he has made plane reservations BEFORE having passports in hand
- he has NOT thought through all the issues of airports, airplanes
and how very, VERY difficult that is going to be with her in her
state of immobility, incontinence, agitation, hollaring, etc.
- doctor in Mexico doing the stem cell has said: "she's as good a
candidate as anybody" and "I can't guarantee anything" . . .
hmmmmmmmmm
- doctor has not done this procedure on a patient with traumatic
brain injury

So, please pray for this situation . . . many have expressed HUGE concerns for this.

The last two days have been difficult and the physical demands on me have triggered a recurrence of pain in my right lower back. I have the next two days off and I hope this "twist and turn" and pain heals up.

THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS & YOUR ENCOURAGEMENTS!!!!! Four years . . .
CJ

Edited by - ceejay48 on May 25 2010 8:37:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  9:01:58 PM  Show Profile
OH CeeJay this is just SO sad. I am in prayer for you all sweetie.

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  11:01:50 PM  Show Profile
CeeJay! that is just scary! *hugs* I'm praying that things will turn out for the best no matter what comes.
Prayers for you and your back too dear friend.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  05:36:36 AM  Show Profile
CJ Please take care of yourself girlfriend. My prayers for you and your family. Prayers for your sister that whatever the direction that is taken will be the best for her. Only God will know. I know that her husband is just reaching out for anything that will help her, but he needs to find direction. Is there anyone that can talk with him that he will listen to? Prayers for everyone!

Hugs,Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  05:53:55 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Many other people are praying and I know that God is in control of everything. There is a gal from their church, who is also my friend, who comes every week to play the piano for my sis and visit with her. She has been SOOOOOOOOOOOOO faithful and committed. I mentioned this to her and she looked at me with a "you've got to be kidding" look. Of course, she sees my sis and knew the person she used to be and who she is now and sees the situation as well as knows my brother-in-law. She is VERY, VERY concerned and said "we've got to pray" and "he wants to put her through all that?"

Anyway, we pray . . and trust the Lord.

He won't talk things through with anyone. I have seen him, time and time again, make decisions for her and just forge ahead, making the plans. He doesn't ask anyone what they think . . . he wouldn't listen to me when I was trying to explain how things are now airports and planes. I KNOW how it is to travel with her . . .

I can't talk about the icky, ugly REAL stuff with her situation with our four older siblings because they don't want to acknowledge and deal with it. I tried to give them a progress report a year ago on the 3rd anniv. and got TORN TO PIECES!!!!!! After that I told them I was done and that, if they wanted to know anything, they had to talk to her hubby and then not to expect a REAL picture . . . he is not able to see the real picture either.

What is sooooooooo very discouraging with our siblings is they NEVER offer any support or encouragement to me and my hubby.

I understand his quest for helping her . . I appreciate and am grateful for his love and devotion to her. But he doesn't live in the reality of the situation. That is evidenced in the decisions he has made for her . . and the thousands of dollars that were spent . . .that weren't thought through . . . and have proven out to be bad decisions.

Sorry for my ranting . . . I'm discouraged with it and frustrated that my back is hurting . . .again!!!

So, again, THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS AND ENCOURAGEMENTS!!!
CJ

Edited by - ceejay48 on May 26 2010 05:56:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  06:52:56 AM  Show Profile
Dear Heavenly Father, please be with CJ today, even if it's one moment at a time, give her your peace, rest, relief, and comfort.

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  5:01:50 PM  Show Profile
Dearest CJ,
I am praying for you. This is heartbreaking. But I know the Lord has a plan for you and he is right there with you. Praying your back feels better. Take some time for you.

hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  5:04:19 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you my praying farmgirl friends . . .
. . .I HAVE had relief from back pain today!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!

I've also asked Him to quiet the howling winds. . .I'm having a hard time dealing with the spring winds too!! Very unnerving!!!
THANK YOU AGAIN!!!
CJ

Edited by - ceejay48 on May 27 2010 8:54:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  10:09:00 PM  Show Profile
CJ my heart just goes out for you. This is just too much for one person. I'm very concerned about you health sweetie. Please, please take care of yourself! I wish there was something I could do for you. You and your family are in my prayers and thoughts always. CJ I'm so glad you have this place to come too, we are all there for you.

Hugs,Brenda

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  12:10:56 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Sometimes it feels very much like WAAAAYYYYY TOO MUCH!!! I'm just grateful for my praying and encouraing farmgirl friends. I'm also grateful for the release I get on my days off.

If you could pray for MY siblings to "wake up and smell the coffee" . . . THEY REALLY NEED TOO!!!
That my hubby's brother and his wife would do the same . . . !!!
That this trip to Mexico will be SAFE, SMOOTH and not put her through too much!!!

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!!! My back is better . . . I just try to keep it that way!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  07:08:09 AM  Show Profile
cj, i am so moved by your situation. my heartaches for you. its hard for me to not just flat out sob. dang girl. i will carry your heavy heart today. does your son live at home? i did not see that. does your sis live right in your home? the fact that all this is going on and YOU WORK. ok you are going to need that hot spring. i some times have to say to myself...self stop breath look at the stars nature creation and there i am reminded of the good things. i sure pray some one in the family will come to their senses. is she a happy girl? i dont know her name? today you are with me. i shall think of you when i am doing light fun stuff. today that is buying baby pigs. i hope you have a fruitful and stress less day cj. who is home today with you today? heart felt love sent your way sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  07:45:01 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Sherry!! Our son doesn't live here . . he is in a "host home" with a caregiver. We realized about 17 years ago that he needed his own life and he has done well. We are still his LEGAL GUARDIANS and make decisions for him and we him, at least, every Sunday and many, many other times. His name is Jeremy. My sis doesn't live here either. Her hubby is with her and they have a home about 1/2 mile down the road. Her name is Gaye Lynn. I'm off work for two days. I plan to do some papercrafting, go outside to my garden, sit on my deck and go on my "power walk" with my doggie. My hubby is around . . he'll being doing his stuff today as well, but we'll be able to enjoy the evening together. I pray that the WIND WILL STOP!!!!!!!!!!! Then maybe we can enjoy our deck this evening. I know that the winds don't help my mood. They have been MUCH, MUCH WORSE this spring than ever. Out of the last 7 days, we have had WIND for 5 1/2 days!!!
Anyway, thanks again . . for your prayers . . for everything!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  07:46:54 AM  Show Profile
C J, Always know the farmgirls are thinking and praying about you. Whenever we need prayers or a welcome or some help, you are among the first to respond, even tho your plate is beyond full! Brenda (Classygram) and I were chatting the other day about how you inspire the rest of us! Your management of time alone-WOW! Something I need to learn! Keep hangin in there and know we are here for you! Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  5:59:04 PM  Show Profile
CJ, you are in my thoughts and prayers!! Hope your days off are good for you
and you enjoy them!! Big HUGS heading your way!!
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  8:04:32 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you girls . . . I can't adequately express what your prayers mean!!!! And I can't adequately express what your encouragements mean.

Things seem to be status quo . . . the trip to Mexico is still in the plan, even though their passports have not arrived yet. I still am very concerned about this treatment and this trip, but the Lord knows ALL about it and is in control. I just have to leave in His Hands.

PLEASE SEE THE THREAD ABOUT OUR SON . . . ISSUES COMING UP REGARDING HIS CARE!!!!

THANKS AGAIN!!!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic My Sis . . . ending my "career" - 09/13/12 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page