buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  9:34:15 PM  Show Profile
Laurie...do you live toward Mt Bachelor or another direction? We usually stay around Bend on our way south or to the ocean. Bend was the first place we encoutered the "turn abouts" whatever ya call them trying to get on the road toward Bachelor. You live in beautiful country...love around Sisters.

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

"Half of success is the assurance of support along the way." cr
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  7:03:43 PM  Show Profile
hi deb from new jersey and 15 mins from the big apple (NYC)
but far enough away to still be alittle bit countryfide
used to have farms up the road but they gave way to homes
but alot of us are victory gardeners and i'm not more than 60mins
from real farms. we have a little bit of everything here so
i happy.. been to bend or and its beautiful.

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

jelliott
True Blue Farmgirl

70 Posts

Jennifer
Athol Idaho
USA
70 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  12:18:16 PM  Show Profile
Athol, Idaho - 80 miles from the Canadian border. and about 35 miles from Bobbin Robin in Newman lake, Wa.

If music be the food of Love, play on. Wm. Shakespeare
Go to Top of Page

jelliott
True Blue Farmgirl

70 Posts

Jennifer
Athol Idaho
USA
70 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  12:36:26 PM  Show Profile
Buffy puff, we actually live across the mountain from each other, for a day drive hubby and I take the back roads and end up in your town and then meander our way north. Great days gettaway.

If music be the food of Love, play on. Wm. Shakespeare
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  1:07:47 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer, some day this summer when you are meandering, we will have to touch bases. Dan & I also take excursions just driving some of the back roads to see nearby scenery and see what is new. Do you come down by Reflection Lake & Milan?

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  1:17:36 PM  Show Profile
That's in my stomping grounds too. We gotta get together one of these days, Claudia.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  1:25:27 PM  Show Profile
Absolutely Sheri! I love this part of the country. There may be more of us. Maybe we should meet at the Ram for a Huckleberry Shake this summer??!.....or another selection!

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  1:52:48 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like a plan to me!!

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

Ann Bernadette
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Ann
Hiawattha KS
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  4:22:47 PM  Show Profile
Hi-I live in Kansas in the tip of he Northeast corner. I live in a rural community and have lived "in town" now 12 years. Always before I was in the country. I have a garden behind my house and flowers; herbs and plants in pots etc. However-I got a hankerin' for about 6 chickens, 1 sheep and a hive of honey bees. Guess what? Can't do it! #@%&*!!!!! City ordinance for sure states NO CHICKENS or a sheep, but ya know those little bees are a buzzin' around anyway and how can ya stop them from living in my back yard? Anywho - I was raised in the country with chickens, pigs, ducks, geese, and a horse or 2 - dogs, cats etc. I miss it. I do have a little tea cup poodle "Rosie". Thanks for letting me share my frustration. I can dream about it, and pray for it and maybe some day . . . :)
Go to Top of Page

bdhughes77
True Blue Farmgirl

126 Posts

Debbie
Menomonie WI
USA
126 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  8:50:36 PM  Show Profile
Menomonie, Wisconsin. 1 hour east of Minneapolis/St. Paul

Count your blessings!
Go to Top of Page

jclambert
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Judy
Stringtown Oklahoma
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  07:37:17 AM  Show Profile
Hi everybody.

I live in a small community called Redden,OK. Think really small, we don't have a store or post office. Nothing here but a cemetery and a few houses. I love it! My husband and I live on a 1,500 acre ranch that has been in his family for three generations now. It's a great place to live, people still don't worry much about locking doors and neighbors are always ready to lend a helping hand when needed. I love to cook so we usually have 4 of our neighbors over for dinner at least once a week. My husband calls these our mountain man suppers. Yes, they're all single men. Two of them have never been married and have always lived very simply, still no running water or electricty. They are the nicest, most honest people I have ever met, but are looked down on because they are uneducated and for the way they live. Never judge by appearances or you will miss out on some of the most amazing friendships.
Anyway, being surrounded by these men, I love being able to connect with other women on this site.

Judy

*Love one another*
Go to Top of Page

Dawniamw
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Dawnia
Mapleton Depot PA
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  7:03:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Dawniamw a Yahoo! Message
Hi Everyone,

In reading your responses, and the way everyone talks to each other as if we're all sitting on the porch or leaning over the fence, I breathe a sigh of relief and utter contented happiness in seeing that there really are farm girls everywhere and people who still abide by openness and the trust, that countrified feeling (probably not explaining myself right, apologies ahead of time).

As for myself, I'm grew up in Amboy Washington about 19 air miles from St. Helens. Our "town" was small enough that the mayor ran her office, the saw shop, and the liquor store..all out of the same building.

I moved to rural central Pennsylvania with myself and my two kids in 2000. We bounced around a bit, but are currently renting in Cresson. While I don't have the funds to own my own farm house, I do dream about it each night, feeling the evening heat of the old wood porch warming my feet and the sound of the wind in the trees in my ears.

As to the land, I'm not sure if it makes sense, but I miss and love the nature and wilderness in both states.

Edited by - Dawniamw on Mar 21 2010 7:35:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  9:45:06 PM  Show Profile
Dawnia, welcome to the group. I live in WA state but on the other side from where you lived. Are you old enough to remember the 1980 explosions of St. Helens? Even though it is coming up on 30 yrs, I still remember hearing the explosion of the mountain clear over in Deer Park. Alot of ash fell our way and I remember seeing the ash fall and listening to the Mariners playing their game. Weird! I hope you are enjoying PA. I have never been there. The best of luck and I know you will meet some wonderful ladies here. Hugs!

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

Go to Top of Page

CynthiaT.
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Cynthia
Alpena Arkansas
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  12:52:29 PM  Show Profile
I'm in Alpena, Arkansas. It's about an hour or so east of Bentonville, AR (home office of Wal-Mart.) We are about 30 minutes south of Branson, MO.

Farmgirl sister # 852
Go to Top of Page

Quilting Horsemom
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Juanita
Golconda Illinois
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  3:21:45 PM  Show Profile
Trees, cows, a few good ole' boys who keep to themselves and out of my way. Golconda, ILL. Very quiet.

Quilting horsemom
Go to Top of Page

mickib
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Michele
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
267 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  3:54:27 PM  Show Profile
I'm in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.
Go to Top of Page

KellyWall
True Blue Farmgirl

336 Posts

Kelly
Apison Tn
USA
336 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  4:29:14 PM  Show Profile
A small town in Tennessee called Apison, just south of Chattanooga and north of Dalton, GA.

Kelly #238

May your bobbin always be full...
Go to Top of Page

Simply Faith
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Faith
Cleveland Oh
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  07:50:10 AM  Show Profile
Not where I would like to live that's for sure.. I live in Cleveland Ohio, actually Parma Ohio
Clevelands largest and most populated city..12 mi sout of Cleveland or from Lake Erie.
Go to Top of Page

Simply Faith
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Faith
Cleveland Oh
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  07:51:41 AM  Show Profile
[quote]Originally posted by Simply Faith

Not where I would like to live that's for sure.. I live in Cleveland Ohio, actually Parma Ohio
Clevelands largest and most populated city..12 mi sout of Cleveland or from Lake Erie.
[url][/url]http://crochetbythesea.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

yaskid
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Linda
Dalton GA
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  10:38:31 AM  Show Profile
I'm in a small town in GA between Dalton, GA and Cleveland, TN called Varnell. I'm not far from you Kelly! I go through Apison to the market in Collegedale a lot!

Linda....Lovin' God, my family, my friends and our farm in Georgia

http://beautifullyveiled.blogspot.com/
http://www.trinityoaksfarms.com/
http://www.tmhnow.com/
Go to Top of Page

cwinicole
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Laura
Lapwai ID
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  9:42:22 PM  Show Profile  Send cwinicole a Yahoo! Message
Sweetwater, Idaho, and yes, I believe the water does make our tomatos as sweet as candy!

Live Simply
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  06:24:20 AM  Show Profile
I live in Morgantown Indiana. It's a tiny little four way stop with a little bitty grocery store and a gas station that closes up about at about three so the owner can go home for dinner. Everyone around here says don't blink you'll miss it drivin through. And my whole childhood I thought it was a city!

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

idcityrose
True Blue Farmgirl

202 Posts

Rose
Idaho City Idaho
USA
202 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  3:06:00 PM  Show Profile
Historic Idaho City, Idaho -36+ years now!

We are never alone in the forest of Sisters! We "Mountain Farmgirls" are outstanding in our field!
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2010 :  11:33:05 AM  Show Profile
I can't remember if I posted here before. I'm in Waco, Kentucky. That's in the east central part of the commonwealth.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

sw80689
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Sharon
Papillion Nebraska
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2010 :  5:01:14 PM  Show Profile
Papillion, Ne., small town outside of Omaha, Ne. No I don't live on a farm, yet..I did live on 10 acres in Ridgecrest, Ca. many moons ago and loved it!! Still miss it.

Sharon

*We are all angels with one wing, the only way to fly, therefore is to embrace one another*
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Where do you live? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page