Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2006 :  1:08:53 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Wendy, the one I'am doing now is the MESSY one, very colorful, I work on it out on the porch when its nice enough out because I get material lint and bits all over myself and the house, but its coming along and at this point laying somewhat flat. We can only hope.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2006 :  2:25:19 PM  Show Profile
Chris...beautiful rug!!! I have made braided rugs years ago...but that one is spectacular!! Good job!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

OregonGal
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Chris
No. IL
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  8:47:49 PM  Show Profile
Aunt Jenny,
Thank you so much for your kind words - I wished the picture of the whole rug would have turned out more true to color, the color you can see in the close up, it looks a little bit washed out, but at least you can see the size. What were your rugs like, were they a braid and then sewn into a rug, or did you make it like mine here, woven into itself? How large were yours and what were they made from? Thanks again.

"...a merry heart does good like a medicine, it has the power to cure."
Go to Top of Page

pioneerspiritlady
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Teri
Cahone CO
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2006 :  4:12:22 PM  Show Profile  Send pioneerspiritlady a Yahoo! Message
Using those rag balls for weaving a rug, if your a weaver, might be a good idea too...

'If you are standing next to a rattle snake, you do not have an obligation to wait until it bites you before you decide it’s dangerous.'" Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2006 :  5:17:45 PM  Show Profile
I did some with wool fabric and one with cotton fabric..they were braided and then sewn into a coil. I love how yours is..havn't done that. Mine were ...hmmm most were about 3x5' but I did one that was about 6' long..maybe 4x6'. I always ran out of colors that coordinated before they got any bigger. I don't have any of them anymore..gave them as gifts. I need to make some again though..I love the look and feel of them~!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic LOTS of material Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page