Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Wool Cards and Navajo Weaving Utensils
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Wool Cards and Navajo Weaving Utensils Next Topic  

pioneerspiritlady
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Teri
Cahone CO
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2006 :  4:29:14 PM  Show Profile  Send pioneerspiritlady a Yahoo! Message
I am looking for a set of Wool Cards for carding wool in good condition. The one's I borrowed I had to return. I am also looking for a Navajo Weaving Fork at least 2 inches wide by 12 in long; a small Finishing Fork; Batten's, 1 1/2 in wide, 3/4 in wide, and 1/2 in wide... all should have straight sections of about 27 inches ending in a slight curve. Weaving Forks and Battens should be made of hardwood. Also looking for Sacking Needles. If anyone should have these in good condition and don't use them anymore, I would be interested in buying them.

'If you are standing next to a rattle snake, you do not have an obligation to wait until it bites you before you decide it’s dangerous.'" Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  7:23:47 PM  Show Profile
I have also been looking for carders- I just read that the metal bristled animal brushes you get at the pet store will work well for the 'casual' carder. I am going to give it a try since I like to have some carded wool for my daughter to use in her play- I will let you know how it works. Good Luck ,Rebekka
Go to Top of Page

pioneerspiritlady
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Teri
Cahone CO
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2006 :  12:32:55 AM  Show Profile  Send pioneerspiritlady a Yahoo! Message
Rebekka,
Thanks for the suggestion but I have 27 pounds of wool sitting here ready to card and I don't think I'd get very far with dog brushes. I have a spinning wheel, table loom, Navajo loom and floor loom so I don't consider myself a 'casual' carder, but thanks for the input. It may help someone else though. Feel free to let me know how it works out for your project.
Thanks,
Teri

'If you are standing next to a rattle snake, you do not have an obligation to wait until it bites you before you decide it’s dangerous.'" Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Wool Cards and Navajo Weaving Utensils Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page