katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2009 :  10:35:01 PM  Show Profile
ok, I am back from Gooseberrypatch...Sally, that is tooo cute!hmmm I'm thinking I need one of those!
I forgot to mention, I keep a nitelight plugged in & on, in my trailer so when I come back to my trailer at night, if the light is not on then I know my electrical plower has been unplugged.(or I need a new blub!lol!)
The pop lights are great for dry camping. They even give me enough lite to use in my little "Scotty Potty" room with out having to turn the trailer lights on at night.
Oh and I have a "Flamingo" plant stand that fits nicely over my trailer hitch, I put a potted silk plant in it so no one smacks their leg or trips over the hitch, especially at night.
One of the gals uses a plastic camel that she places on her's and several gals that I camp with put a saddle on theirs.
There are so many wonderful ideas out there.
Oh & check out: www.rvartgallery.com
Then go to their "New Items" section..they have some cute fabric called "Happy Camper" it has all kinds of trailers printed on it...to cute.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
"I've never met a sewing machine I didn't like!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Aug 15 2009 10:40:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9364 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9364 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2009 :  05:06:35 AM  Show Profile
Grace,
thanks for posting that link. They have some cute stuff! I would love to see pics of everyone's campers.

God is good....all the time.
Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

MustangSally
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Sally
Gwinn MI
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2009 :  08:47:00 AM  Show Profile  Send MustangSally a Yahoo! Message
Grace, I've bookmarked rvartgallery.com...thank you there's some great stuff on there. I've been eyeing some t-shirts on http://www.zazzle.com/campers+neuman+gifts for some time just haven't bought them yet. They have the Neuman camper designs and you can customize them with wording. I was thinking of buying them for my mom and sister for Christmas. My sister had a 74 vintage Apache pop-up. It is the kind with the fiberglass slideouts and my mom has a conversion van. So I was going to order us each a shirt with the respective camper and then have the same words on it. :o)

I love your ideas about the flamingo plant stand to cover your hitch. I've been trying to think of a creative idea for mine. I saw the saddle idea in a picture and liked that but the chances of me finding one are slim up here. Although my best friend has horses so I will mention it to her. I'll have to keep my eye out for something. We also haven't cleaned up the tongue yet. I bought Por15 for the rust but haven't had time yet.

Also, recently I picked up a vintage camper shaped birdhouse at Michaels Crafts store. They are only $5.99. I saw something cute when camping on the 4th of July. The person took an old pitchfork and put cup hooks along it and hung one of these birdhouses and then a little welcome sign and then stuck it in the ground. I have the birdhouses now I just need a pitchfork....hmmm...do you think hubby would notice if his disappeared? I'm not sure why we have one anyway! tee hee...

Have a great day!

Sally

Happy Trails!

Check out my vintage camper at http://sallysnowflake.blogspot.com/

Edited by - MustangSally on Aug 16 2009 08:49:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2009 :  10:05:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Grace I found a cool ladder thing in my shed that I will hang a quilt over , for my hitch. So no one gets a shin smackin.
Mike almost has the wiring figured out. Poor guy he worked all afternoon on it.I did buy some chalk board paint, for right to the left when you walk in. I am going to BF for DecoPodge glue.Little by little my baby will be good to go. I still cant think of a name . But on her butt at the top where it says Breeze, I am thinking of painting Lifes a... then it will say breeze.
I cleaned the floor a little yesterday, it is in GOOD shape.. Thank the Lord...

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

People can only make you feel inferior with your permission, and you dont have my permission......

Dont let the chain of love end with you.....

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

MustangSally
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Sally
Gwinn MI
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2009 :  10:18:53 AM  Show Profile  Send MustangSally a Yahoo! Message
Amanda, That's a great idea about the ladder & quilt. And I like the Idea about "lifes a breeze" that would be really cute!

Sally
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2009 :  10:31:02 AM  Show Profile
I want a trailer!!! I look for them but havent found one close to us yet. I think it would be awesome to have a place to hunker down whenever you feel like stopping. I do want one with a potty though.
Go to Top of Page

MustangSally
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Sally
Gwinn MI
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2009 :  10:43:49 AM  Show Profile  Send MustangSally a Yahoo! Message
Hi Robin,

They are very hard to find where I live as well. I actually found it while on a road trip with my parents about 7 hours away and my dad went back with me to pick it up. That was several years ago and I've only seen two others for sale here since then. Guys here use them for hunting and don't easily part with them. Just keep an eye out and one will pop up. :o)

I agree though...a potty is essential and I wouldn't buy another one without it. Its just a matter of convenience! :o)

Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2009 :  4:32:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
So the wiring finally got figured out. Got the Deco-podge,paper and some pics out, table off. Now Mike is out there destroying my little nugget.....she looks so sad on the inside ;(

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

People can only make you feel inferior with your permission, and you dont have my permission......

Go to Top of Page

MustangSally
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Sally
Gwinn MI
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2009 :  5:02:04 PM  Show Profile  Send MustangSally a Yahoo! Message
Amanda, I remember the day I went in the house and left my husband outside with the camper and when I went back out he had the whole front metal portion peeled back from the camper! OMG...what was he doing!!! lol now I know its all part of the "experience". :o)
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2009 :  8:15:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
That part of the "experience" sucks!!

So does the DecoPoding,I guess it isnt forevery one ; ) Me being the first person to wonder how hard can it be to glue some paper down? And then saying oh crap I cant glue paper?? Blehhhhhh

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2009 :  10:10:56 PM  Show Profile
Amanda, ok, that is a cool name, "Lifes A Breeze".(& then you quilt) lol!.........
I take it, your experiance w/decopadgeing wasn't exactly fun?
I like your idea to use your 'quilt ladder' for the hitch cover.

Ok, Sally, now I am going to have to make a trip into Spokane to check out Michaels for the camper-bird house.
As for my hitch, I am thinking about switching the tongue-jack out to a more heavyduty one with a wheel on it.

Hey Denise~levisgrammy, Mustang sally & I have pics of our trailers on our blog & I also have a pic of firemama's trailer on my blog.So when you get a chance sneak over to our blogs.

I have 2 more trailer trips before I put my little trailer to bed for the season...
Oh & Heather in Colorado has pic's of her trailer posted on the forum.

These lil trailers can be sooo addicitng! lots of work but so worth it!
I too started to panic when DH started to peel back the skins on my Aljo....aacckk! I am surprised Firemama (after seeing what he had done) didn't go running out of the "Man Cave" screaming!!!! lol!
Got some "cosmetics" to do on the Scotty, but nothing major.

Edited by - katmom on Aug 16 2009 10:17:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  05:53:24 AM  Show Profile
I am so envious. I want one too. I will have to wait until our finances are better. I will need to buy one that is already fixed up. My husband doesn't have the patience to fix it up.
For now, I will enjoy your picture and stories.

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"==Cinderella
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  8:04:49 PM  Show Profile
Grace, I love the western poster idea! Super cool.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  9:38:51 PM  Show Profile
hey "HBW"...heeheehee!
I can just see your lil La Casa on Wheels now,,,with Zane Grey posters and a "vintage horse hide" (lol!) draped over the sofa.....hahaha!
Gonna miss ya on our Buggy Barn outting..but we'll catch ya for the next get together..
hugz

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  11:05:47 AM  Show Profile
I am working on getting the horse trailer now. Got a good lead on one. Looked up a bunch of darling posters. There must be some sort of UV protectant sealer on the market? With our strong summer sun, it would be a shame to fade the posters out in the first week. Or, I may just use a few posters for inspiration and go to it on my own. I can always use the posters in the people trailer.

Grace, I can't take Charlie out! Long story short, Charlie was a stallion my grandmother adored. He really was fantastic and a show stopper. He died suddenly as he was really starting his career, she had his hide, and when she passed years later, I took him in. Yes, I have a "Charlie in the box". A little creepy. He's special in a macabre sort of way. He's family. Eeew. sigh.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  11:20:22 AM  Show Profile
hahaha! I know Michelle, and someday & will have to take a peek @ C-I-T-B.....hahahah! ewe! lol!
I will email Tresa, a friend of mine from Sisters on the fly & see what she used on her posters as a UV protectant on her trailer....
hugz

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  8:19:19 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Grace, you haven't met ol' Charlie? :) I just don't know what to do about/with him. Silly of me I guess, but he is special, and weird. Sigh. Gotta love quirky family. She adored her horses. I do too, but I'll never do that to Q! I do have a lock of his baby coat....how silly is that? I guess "horse crazy" runs in the family. :)

Thanks for looking up the info on how to preserve the posters. I really adore the idea. Maybe I can find some famous/infamous horsewomen to feature!

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2009 :  8:21:43 PM  Show Profile
Hey, Roxy7/Robin, you better come on over to Spokane, and bring a truck! There are darling trailers at a reasonable cost a-plenty here, just waiting to be re-homed and refurbished.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2009 :  07:39:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Charlie in a Box.... I need to tell Mike about that. He thinks cremating animals is strange..wonder what he would think of that? LMBO

Well most DECONSTRUCTION is done to the camper. I am going to pick out paint this morning,and then maybe some fabric. I found a Queen size sheet set at a Yard Sale last week that will make almost all the covers.I still gotta get a Futon matress. We PLAN on taking it out next weekend,but I dont want to hold my breath.
Anyone want to tell me somewhere kind of close to go camping??

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2009 :  07:48:36 AM  Show Profile
hey Amanda, check 0ut the Bowl & Pitcher as well as ninemile campsites. You can call or drive over to the B&P & chat w/the Ranger, also go online: www.parks.wa.gov
let me know if you have trouble navigating their site,,,it is not real user friendly.
888.226.7688 is the ph# to make resv....and they can help you navigate the website to. But you will need a creditcard to book your site.
Now get back out there & cutesiefy up that trailer of yours....still purple & green right?
hugz

Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2009 :  2:14:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Yup still purple/lavender and green. Autumn and I went and got paint this morning,So that will start this weekend.I am really having heck of a time finding lav. accents though. I did get a really cute chrome pie stand for some stuff, but I cant find anything kitcheney at all. So I guess I will have to make it, bahhhh

Thanks for the camping sites. I should have high speed come Monday, so I will check them out.

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2009 :  4:03:33 PM  Show Profile
Have I taught you nothing????? "If it moves salute it,,,if it don't paint it" so find stuff & just spray paint the heck out of it.
I bought a cheesy plastic white faux wicker picture frame, removed the goofy picture and washed,dryed and painted it with the same red spray paint that I used on the coffee pot. It turned out really cute....
Spray paint is your best friend! lol!

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  10:52:02 PM  Show Profile
Tee-hee-hee! Add one 1966 2 horse trailer to my list. DH is excited about fixing this one up. Should have seen his face when I suggested a "My Little Pony" / "Barbie" / giant daisies theme. Going with a giant John Wayne poster was easier to swallow, countered with the suggestion to just paint it to match the truck. We called it a deal with b/w western posters on a red background.

In great condition for its age, well taken care of by previous owners, lots of new work done so it is safe, really just minor cosmetics to do. Okey-dokey! And the next best part was meeting a really great couple in the process. I see some rides together in our future, and maybe another horse when someone around here is ready for it. :)

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  10:57:04 AM  Show Profile
WAYYYYY COOOLLLLL!
Gee, I just can't imagain your sweet Steve not jumping at the idea of pasting MLP, Barbie & Daisy posters all over the trailer! ROFLMBO!!!! Ouch! I think I hit my head from laughing to hard! LOL!
Ok,J.W. it is,,,,but I think you need to find a (discreet) little corner of the traile & put a small MLP decal on it.....I won't tell if you won't!
hugz
& see ya on Sat.....

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  2:52:12 PM  Show Profile
I may wait until he hauls it in to sandblast it a bit and leave one "loaded" in the back for him to find. :) I think there's one at the thrift store waiting to be adopted right now... :)

And...had a brianstorm for the airstream...swinging saloon doors and a western bar with brass rail and spitoon. Okay, mini bar. The one I keep my sewing machine on. I think we can rig a brass rail to it, and Steve admitted to having a spitoon around somewhere...he's as bad as I am at squirreling odd things away. :)

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Outpost: Previous Topic Vintage Travele Trailers.... Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page