Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Another sign of a bad economy- Poor horses
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Another sign of a bad economy- Poor horses Next Topic
Page: of 4

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2009 :  08:57:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Beth- I am lucky- my board is pen rent, ability to use the facilities, turn out if I can't come out, timothy hay twice a day, alphalfa if I want it (I do), and their own home grown COB mixture at feeding as well. Mine board is actually $225 but every couple of months it is $265 because of farrier. They just add the $40 to the board bill. Like I said- I am pretty lucky that board isn't too terribly expensive- This is about as much as I can afford and still be able to take care of vet bill, vacinations, fly spray etc. :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2009 :  09:27:11 AM  Show Profile
Hmm, never heard of using diatomatious earth on pets. I suppose it is abrasive enough to small, soft bodied things to tear them apart, but fine enough to feel like a spa treatment/skin scrub on the pet. Interesting. I'll keep that in mind should we need it.

Alee, that price is such a bargain for what sounds like a dream boarding stable for Tala! Wow! Boarding costs and quality vary so much around the country. I'm so greatful to have space to keep my horses at home. Caring for them in the morning and after work is like putting my worklife in parenthesis and encapsulating it off from the rest of my "narrative". They are such a reminder of life away from work and a major de-stressor for me. Equine therapy for people. :)

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2009 :  10:15:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Michelle- you can take a virtual photo tour of Tala's boarding facility here: http://www.standingrockranch.com/

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2009 :  3:10:08 PM  Show Profile
I board at the Diamond B Ranch. I pay $175. a month for a 13x13 stall with a 13x15 turnout attached. Then we have 1/2 acre pasture per horse, fenced for two horses per pasture, planted with a mixture of horse grasses with winter rye planted every fall. We have unlimited shavings included. We feed ourselves. It has been around 29 years so it is old but it is great. Huge lighted covered arena, jump and obstacle course arena, small lighted arena and 100 acres for trail riding. three round pens, two hot water wash bays and two cold water wash bays. The owner Butch is a bit of a character but you eventually get use to him. We got hit really hard by hurricane Ike last year but things are almost back to normal at the Diamond B. The only thing that will ever get me out of there is if I finally get my own land big enough for horses which is the goal.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Another sign of a bad economy- Poor horses Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page