kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2009 :  3:45:28 PM  Show Profile
I have the best tv around. And it's right out my dining room window! I was just eating and was so entertained at the same time. I have a big picture window that looks out into the yard and the chicken yard, my garden and even way across the road. Animals all over. On the window is a cat checking everything out. It was pouring down rain so there was another cat that took shelter in the rabbit cage by the chicken yard. In the chicken yard are the guineas having a guinea free-for-all. I have 8 adults and 10 keats. One of the adults is white. They pick on him all the time. Could possibly be because he's so dumb. Anyway, they were all out in the pouring down rain fighting each other. They will fight, then chase, then fight some more. They'll run around the hen house then jump up, turn around and go the other way. Like some old timey movie. It's hillariously funny. Then the cows run up under the trees to get out of the rain. The goat boys are all in the stall out of the rain all over the nest boxes.

Then across the road they have an arena that several times a week they have lots of people come with their horses to practice roping and rodeo stuff. So I get to watch that during dinner a few times a week. Plus they have a pasture in front of that with horses in it right now. Sometimes there are cows, too.

So we can just sit at out dining room table for hours and be totaly entertained. For free. And get to stay home.

Anyone else have free farm tv at their place?

Kris

Happiness is simple.

countrymum
True Blue Farmgirl

97 Posts

Lorie
PA
USA
97 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2009 :  4:17:43 PM  Show Profile
Kristin, it's so funny you posted this. As I am sitting here reading the forum, I looked out the window which I can see our one sweet corn patch. At the edge, sitting there patiently waiting for mouse is our neighbor's cat Tootsie. Earlier, I saw some corn tassles moving, and sure enough there's mama doe and her two fawns enjoying some of the corn.
Definitely better than TV, and your right it's free!

"Life is brief & very fragile. Do that which makes you happy."- Flavia
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2009 :  6:57:11 PM  Show Profile
My TV screen is on my front porch, I am not allowed to do much work right now do to a hernia, so I get to watch my grandsons , ( who are 6 and alsmost 5 ) with feed in their wagons , pulling them along and feeding calves, lambs and kids, and behind them is usually a parade of dogs and 1 cat who thinks he is a dog. They are so damn serious about their chores, and are very careful on measuring out the right amount for each animal they feed. I would not trade my TV for the other kind, ever.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2009 :  7:53:05 PM  Show Profile
I forgot about the bathroom tv! In the mornings I can talk to my goats and some wandering chickens in the backyard while doing other thing. That's always nice to get a "good morning" from the goats.

That's so cute, the grands with the wagon. Mine does that sometimes but she will just give them half a bag.

And the deer in the corn. That's mighty nice of you to share with them, Lorie. I have cats that love to go hunting out in my gardens. They scare me half the time when I'm out there.

I love living way out here in the middle of nature. So very interesting every minute.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  5:30:20 PM  Show Profile
You know, those are my favorite shows too!

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"==Cinderella
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Free RFD-TV Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page