Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Knee Surgery - Doing well . . . now for $$
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Knee Surgery - Doing well . . . now for $$ Next Topic
Page: of 2

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  10:51:49 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I'd like to ask prayer for my husband and possible knee surgery. He has an old injury that, over the years has only been troublesome off and on. As of last, it is causing him constant pain and considerable mobility issues. He will be getting MRI on Monday and seeing orthopedic surgeon later this month.
We have NO INSURANCE . . . please pray for us in this matter.
Thank you so very much
CJ

from the barefoot farmgirl

Edited by - ceejay48 on Oct 27 2009 08:12:14 AM

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  7:45:27 PM  Show Profile
CJ:
I will certainly keep you and your husband in my prayers. My God bless you both.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  08:04:12 AM  Show Profile
My husband has knee problems and the surgery wasnt too bad. Day surgery with a scope for him. I hope its good news for you.

Prayers sent.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  10:32:06 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Robin,
He hasn't seen the Orthopedic surgeon yet . . couldn't get an appt. until the end of the month. Has had MRI but we don't know anything about the results.
Keep us in prayer.
THANKS
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  10:47:51 AM  Show Profile
You've got it CJ :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  10:24:31 PM  Show Profile
I will sure keep him in my prayers. I am having total knee replacement surgery on Tuesday..so I have been through all the knee stuff..ugh! Hopefully his will be a better thing...and cheaper. I am lucky we have good insurance right now...there were many many years that we didn't. Meanwhile..I will pray for sure!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2009 :  4:50:57 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks to all you Farmgirls for your prayers. Aunt Jenny . . . I will pray for your and yours as well!!
We haven't heard anything about what the MRI results might . . . or might not . . .show. Hopefully we'll hear something this next week.
In the meantime, God Bless you all!!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  05:51:05 AM  Show Profile
CJ, keeping you and your husband in my prayers. I hope he can get relief soon.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  09:21:43 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hubby sees the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow . . we'll know then what he will recommend.
Have received copy of MRI report and it does indicate some "stuff" with his knee. We'll see what the Dr's interpretation is.
THANKS for your continued prayers!
CJ . . .and hubby

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  11:55:32 AM  Show Profile
Praying for you both! Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2009 :  5:09:11 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for praying for my hubby and his knee. He saw orthopedic surgeon yesterday and, yes, will be having arthroscopic surgery. We don't have it scheduled yet as we have to meet with the financial people at our hospital to talk about options since we have no insurance. PLEASE CONTINUE TO PRAY ABOUT THAT.

We can THANK THE LORD for a HUGE answer to prayer in the "deal" we are getting with the ortho surgeon's office for his fees. It is an amazing deal . . . and we are SO-O-O-O THANKFUL.

Please continue to pray for the $$$ issues and for wisdom as to when to schedule.

THANKS AGAIN FARMGIRLS!!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2009 :  8:03:22 PM  Show Profile
I'm still praying CJ :) Is it Dr. Bagge?

~Sharon

Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2009 :  07:25:27 AM  Show Profile
Keeping on praying! Thanks for the update. God will provide! Blessings, Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2009 :  2:50:36 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Sharon,
It is Dr. Wyman. He did both hip replacements for my sister . . . and our neighbor.
CJ

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  09:24:57 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Farmgirls,
Looks like my hubby will have surgery on his knee on Tuesday, October 6th. We have an appt. with financial advisor at the local hosp. this Thursday to see what our options for the "self pay" program since we have no insurance.

Please pray for all the preparation for this . . . that the $$$ news will be "good". That Bill will continue to be in good health for this and that it will all go well.

Thanks for your prayers!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2009 :  10:03:07 PM  Show Profile
I will sure be praying!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2009 :  05:53:52 AM  Show Profile
You know I'm praying CJ :)

~Sharon

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  1:29:56 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Well, our meeting with Financial Consultant at hosp. didn't happen because he called in sick that day!! So, we still don't know what our options are, etc.

However, the person that makes his appts. said not to be concerned that it wasn't OUR fault the meeting didn't happen. With my work schedule and a trip to Phoenix coming up it may not happen before the surgery.

The Ortho office staff have been VERY, VERY helpful and have encouraged me to not worry about all this stuff!!

Thanks for your prayers . . . and we appreciate them as they continue. Hubby goes in Weds. the 30th for pre-admission lab work, do paperwork, etc. I will be driving to Phoenix that day so pray for that as well.

Again, THANKS!!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2009 :  05:07:39 AM  Show Profile
C.J. girl, you do have your hands full!!! glad the surgery will be arthroscopic, that is easier to recover from. Ask the hospital if they will accept from you the payment they accept from the insurance folks. I had to have an MRI recently. the bill, 1,700 bucks. the insurance payed them, about 500. heck, if they would just charge people what they accept from the insurance, maybe a person could afford the care they need. anyhow, off my soap box. LOL.

prayers for a great outcome and the financial relief as well. Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2009 :  07:44:58 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
The surgery is scheduled for next Tuesday, 10/06 . . . he has pre-admit lab work, etc. at hospital today.
(If you see my post "My Sis" you'll also know what else is going on)

But, I'm thinking of and praying for all of you other Farmgirls out there with needs, concerns and struggles!!!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!! THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS!!!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2009 :  9:36:40 PM  Show Profile
There you are our Miss Ceejay......hoping the meeting went well with the financial people....hope also you did not have to cut your trip short with your daughter. Keep your chin up, be positive and things will work out well.....I'll say a prayer or two for you also!!

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2009 :  04:42:53 AM  Show Profile
Keep us posted when you can, prayers are being said for you both. Blessings,Karen

www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2009 :  07:02:58 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Farmgirls!!!
Time with daughter - - - PRICELESS and PRECIOUS!!!
Time at Women of Faith Conference - - - PRICELESS, PRECIOUS, REFRESHING and A BLESSING!!!
Time to drive back home today (all day drive). Work with my sister tomorrow.
Time for surgery for my hubby on Tuesday is 10:00 AM.
Meeting with financial consultant didn't happen because he called in sick that day. It is rescheduled for Thurs., OCT. 8th.
So-o-o-o-o will be a crazy week!!!
THANKS FOR ENCOURAGEMENTS AND PRAYERS!!!

I HOPE YOU ALL ARE HANGIN' THERE AS WELL . . . LIFE IS CHALLENGING!!!!
Love you all!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2009 :  10:33:58 AM  Show Profile
Been praying this morning for your hubby (and you!) let us know how it goes!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2009 :  9:40:47 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Wow! I'm tired!!! Bill's surgery went very well, they removed some "foreign bodies", the largest of which was about the size of a large jelly bean. They sent it home with us for a "souvenir".

He has done good today, but had to take pain med tonight. Hoping he can sleep. He did say that he can now rotate his ankle without pain which he wasn't able to do.

I'll still have to do some thing he normally does for a day or two . . . plus try to get started on projects for Christmas fairs.

Thanks for prayers!! Please continue to pray for speedy healing and for the $$$ issues we are facing.

THANKS AGAIN . . . I'm off to bed
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  07:01:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Glad it went so well, CJ!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Knee Surgery - Doing well . . . now for $$ Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page