Author Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Nesting Next Topic
Page: of 4

Niamh
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Idaho
140 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  10:56:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Niamh a Yahoo! Message
I've been feeling so overwhelmed by piles lately - the desk, the kitchen counter, the craft tables ... I wish the instinct to 'nest' would kick in so that I would be more motivated to do it rather than posting on message boards. :)

My farming blog: www.localfoodblog.blogspot.com

My living blog:
www.unprocessedfamily.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  11:56:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
How's the nesting going, ladies? I am taking a little break before jumping back in. Nora was getting tired and hungry so I had to stop to help her a little more. Now she has had a little meal (I swear that child harldly eats!) and is in bed. I hope she sleeps for a couple hours!

I am on to laundry and folding. I got most of the dishes done but amd oging to give them a break until I am sure Nora is asleep as her room is right off the Kitchen.

My living room looks so much better! It's not perfect- it has some toys out and such- but a kid lives here so I can't get rid of everything for her to play with. That's just asking for trouble! LOL

I got cob webs from the windows and above doors all cleaned up today, I even wiped down the top of the wall heater (it's like 7 feet tall at least) and all the frames of the pictures wiped down. Things are really starting to shape up around here! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

traceyg
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

Tracey
Grosse Ile Michigan
USA
124 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  06:34:51 AM  Show Profile
Hello All!

I've been following this nesting post and I have to say I'm right there with you!!! I have the urge to purge!! Have you ever been to Marla Cilley's (aka The Flylady) website: http://www.flylady.net/ ? Check it out ... I think you'd like it!!

Happy Nesting!
Tracey

Life is sweet ... Bee happy!
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  06:42:43 AM  Show Profile
I have been working on the den off and on all week! Seems I just get something sorted and then I find more to go with it. I broke down and bought a 4-shelf unit from Costco yesterday for the closet under the stairs. Now I don't have to keep stacking my canner, pressure cooker, roaster oven, etc, precariously on top of one another. Nesting doesn't go as smoothly when you try and work on more than one place at a time! LOL. To top everything off, our Fair starts this week, so we've been multitasking getting things ready for exhibit...and some people think summer is relaxing. If they only knew!

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  12:18:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Tracey- Yes I have been to the flylady's website! She has lots of great tips!

The house is definitely starting to look better- if only I could put both Nora and Doug in Play Pens to contain their messes! LOL I am still working through a ton of laundry on top of the rest of the desire to clean up and de-clutter. It's interesting that so many of use are getting that nesting instict at the same time.

Oh and I am also starting to think of insulated curtains for all our windows. I just have this feeling that this winter is going to be pretty brutal!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  5:01:39 PM  Show Profile
Rene...

I find that cleaning out is just overwhelming; so I hired a friend (we could do this for each other as farmgirls) to give me support while I clean and organize. We put three boxes out: one for throw-away, one for keep and one to give. She said if it was beautiful, useful or loved to keep it. I found this really helpful. We cleared out the laundry room, bedroom, linen closet, front closet and part of my sewing room. Wow where did all that STUFF come from? Also if you don't have time to get to everything on your list, do the one thing that bothers you the most.

Hope this has been helpful. Let me know

Bonnie Ellis Minnesota

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  6:18:26 PM  Show Profile
I always muck out with the three boxes, but having a friend there would make it ever so much more fun! Great idea Bonnie.

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  7:44:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I like the three boxes idea! I really need to go through and get my kitchen in order. My gadget draw looks more like a junk drawer right now! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2009 :  11:29:03 PM  Show Profile
I hear ya Rene! I am nesting of a differnt kind in that of moving into my new house, but am finding I am changing colors, decor. I guess it is part of my making such a big transition right now, but it has been fun changing things around. I gave a bunch of stuff to my sister for a yard sale she is doing for the local pregnancy center. Love downscaling. I think changing things around in my home gives me a new sense of energy, a newness that feels fresh and clean. I like that!

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  06:25:08 AM  Show Profile
Funny! I've been out of sorts lately too. And completely gutting closets and boxes and desks! The huibsters keeps asking where all this junk is coming from. Plus, I've asked RubyJunes to come over and re-decorate my house. I think sometimes we just need a fresh pair of eyes. I am so sick of what I see in my house. It need revamped! It needs re-done! Re-organized! re-purposed! re-used elsewhere! AHHHHHHHH! rene', you are not alone...... if I'm not back on the forum in 2 days.....send in the dog-sniffers!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
http://maknfaces.blogspot.com
~Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. --Will Rogers~
Go to Top of Page

Jennifer Mulkey
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Jennifer
Arkansas City KS
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  07:21:28 AM  Show Profile
I also go to the Flylady site. It helps me to make my own list of to do's.
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  09:04:46 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
You all make me feel like I am not so alone... I just cant skake it or find the time to "get it done". I did however find three pillows this weekend while in Snohomish, WA. I was invited to go to Snohomish for a blogger's meet and greet... OMG how much fun was that???? and Snohomish and a little store called "Annie's on First" and "Joy's" were fabulouse. So the pillows ( while not miss Wilma's) are all white with some battenbuerg (sp) lace... simply amazing. I also won in a drawing at Annie's a beautiful laundry cart.. ( will post pictures as soon as I get my camera charged.)... I also started covering my books ALL white with a brown pen to mark the titles... Love the look already...

Is anyone else stunned that schools are about to start again???? My youngest ( oh who by the way is mentioned in the August Susnset Magazine as hanging out with the Sunset Writer Jonathon while Jonathon was at MaryJanesFarm), has been being home schooled, but as asked if he can go to public school this year.. He is a 7th grader.... So.............I said we would give it a go.... and see how he does.... And Cole ( my third oldest is a senior)... all of that may have something to do with it as well...

I am itching to tear up the old carpet in the living room etc. too. But currently I am working on getting the walls painted a soft cream and cream and white on the beds... made some darling white bloomers to hang....and some paint to do some cracking on some of the furniture peices... Grrr So much to do and no time to get it done....Guess winter will come soon enough... and the projects will be a waiting....

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

http://www.maryjanesfarm.com/RFBlog/
www.twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl

www.ruralandraw.blogspot.com

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  2:29:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Rene- you new color scheme and pillows sound fabulous!!

And yes I am stunned that school will be starting so soon! Argh!! I am sooo not ready! Luckily I don't have TOOO many classes this semester!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  5:03:07 PM  Show Profile
As a high school teacher, I am definately stunned that school is about to start! And to top it off, it starts the day after our Fair gets over...Don't anticipate having a lot of energy that first week.

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  7:33:39 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Kelly~ Blessings to you. My dad, sister and sister-in-law are all teachers as well.... I think it takes special people to do that...so thanks.....and right on the heels of fair... wow you need a clone..

Alee~ I love the new Color ( or color-less) theme as well it is fun!

Go to Top of Page

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  11:27:52 AM  Show Profile
Hey Rene-

Can you possibly post a photo of your bookshelves in white paper? I'd like to get a peek before I get into it. I've been sorting through the shelves and donating to church and library. I also moved a computer and cleaned out my old office space as well as the games and music shelves. I love getting rid of stuff!!! It makes my soul feel lighter! So, I'd like to make things look a little nicer and less thrown together and think the book covering might help. I'm also thinking that fabric covered baskets for music and small stuff might help the shelves appear neater.

Carrie

PS--the raw food idea is great...I'm focusing on eating more veggies raw and find that they are often better tasting...like green beans...never would have thought I'd like them raw but I sit right up in the garden and have my lunch :)

www.totallykadeshfarm.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
Our Dairy Farm Pennsylvania
USA
761 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  3:15:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
i always get the urge to rearrange my living room and pith all of that junk that just sits in my computer desk

"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door."

http://claude09647.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  10:02:08 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Carrie,I will get some pictures posted tomorrow. I covered more books tonight and feel like I am gaining on it..

Who knew I had so many books.. oh wait... I did, I love them. Sounds like we are all sorta feeling like it would be awesome to have a magic cleaning wand. Although mine isnt cleaning as much as it is just simplifying. I have dyslexia and have noticed how hard it gets to even focus when I feel that my environment is out of sorts.

My dining room is painted a buttery yellow ( which I adore) and it looks so nice with all the white and cream.

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  06:45:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Rene- My mind never feels at peace if my space is dirty. So I know what you mean! Today I am going to get my bedroom cleaned up and de-cluttered. I need to remember that just because I have been given something- unless it really fits in my house, I can pass it along.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  09:23:05 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Alee~ I am in the same space. I cant tell you how many things I have been "converting" or taking down to the local second hand shop to get rid of. Seems my evenings ( after my work day) are just getting things ready for winter... Kinda like a chipmuck I guess...LOL

www.ruralfarmgirl.blogspot.com
www.farmgirlsfarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

farmmom22
True Blue Farmgirl

616 Posts

Tammy
Scottsville KY
USA
616 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  09:52:31 AM  Show Profile
We must all have the same bug! I have felt so whacko lately that I've decided to streamline everything. My husband keeps giving me the look of death everytime I ask him to take another box full of yard sale stuff to the basement! I was looking around the house yesterday and thought if I sat down and made my "I need to" list,it would be three pages long! So far I've gone through the books, magazines, and tops of the closets. Next is the bottoms of the closets and my laundry room. Now those are places nightmares come from!!!!

http://afarmgirljourney.blogspot.com/
Farmgirl Sister #492

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. -Carl Bard
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  10:19:23 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Geez Tammy too bad we were closer we could do a "I'll help you with yours if you'll help me with mine"...

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  3:59:25 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
OK Carrie~ Here is picture of one of the 5 shelves I am working on...

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  4:07:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
that looks great, Rene! It wouldn't last 5 minutes in my house though! LOL Nora would want to play "tea" with the dishes and color on the white covers of the books!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2009 :  4:24:32 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Alee~
I have all kinds of chips on my things.. Not from the boys wanting to play "tea" but from throwing footballs in the house .. Grr it is always something isnt it? I should have purchased stock in super glue. LOL

Rene'Groom
A.K.A ProsserFarmGirl
Sister #185

www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl
www.RuralandRaw.blogspot.com
www.RuralFarmGirl.blogspot.com
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Nesting Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page