Page: of 4

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  10:34:29 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Not sure why but I am really feeling like I need a few days to just turn the phones off and lock myself in the house to clean and organize and...............I walked into our bedroom this AM and thought I want to be able to take the time to just "re-new" and re-do it. And My office~ I have been saying that I want to cover all my books in white butcher paper and write the titles of the books on the spine ( I saw that done when I visited the Meredith Corp in Iowa last year....) So great..... Love the look. I need/want to re-do some furniture too... I am in the whole White and Cream thing lately...Maybe it is because I recently watched "something's gotta give" again or maybe it is that my hubby and I are preparing to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and most things I have in the house I can date back to then.. either way... I need a few days to re-do.... wonder when I will do that :)..I think it would require a whole week of my undivided attention.. anyone else feeling the need?

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

http://www.maryjanesfarm.com/RFBlog/
www.twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl

www.ruralandraw.blogspot.com

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  10:49:35 AM  Show Profile
Absolutely! I've been chipping away at that stuff little by little this summer. You're right, you need uninterrupted time to get it done! With harvest and canning and freezing and drying winding up, it's hard, isn't it? I'm half-way done with our den and was hoping to finish today, but the nectarines are ready to can and I need to get the huckleberry jelly and plum jelly done...ahhhhh, maybe tomorrow?

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  11:38:31 AM  Show Profile
I get a bee in my bonnet now and then, and everything that I thought looked perfect just doesn't anymore and I want to change it. Its fun in a way, these bursts of energy and you get real creative, thinking why didn't I think of this before?? So its normal Rene, at least that is what we are going to call it.
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  11:52:38 AM  Show Profile
Whew, Rene', I am in the midst of such as that myself! Ha! I'm right now taking a break from tackling my spare room! Just posted around 50 books over on paperbackswap. (The hubs was threatening to throw them in the dumpster if I didn't!) And I have probably 1000 magazines in nice neat stacks for me to go through to cut out the articles/ideas I want to keep. Ugh! That's a task! I daydream of having the white/cream thing, too, but I live in a log cabin, built it 10 years ago, and as I sit here and look around at all the "cabiny" themed decorating I've accumulated over the years, I am disgusted by it! Oh, how I dream of being able to paint a wall! I really miss sheetrock. I just want to throw out everything and start all over! If only we could get the place sold!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  11:56:34 AM  Show Profile
Is that what it's called? My husband has a different name for it..."frustrating"...he wants to go places on the weekend and I've got every closet or junk drawer strewn out across the house!

I think mine has a lot to do with the amazing amount of stuff we've acquired since Violet was born--bright colorful toys and "chair sized fun zones" that, while make her life certainly more interesting, take up more space than really necessary--I think that's why I'm streamlining our items, to make room for more primary colored objects . I prefer the Johnny Jump Up--you put it up, you take it down...and she looks like a clogger, so that's an added benefit.

I am also in a mode where things just simply have to be easy--they have to be easy to find, easy to fix, easy to wear. Whatever. My little 1920's cottage is not condusive to "easy" anything--especially when it comes to using space wisely. We are currently revamping the pantry closet for our weekend "frustration"

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  3:28:58 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Ha~ I feel better! Now it is just finding the time to get to it. I keep looking around and everything feels "out of sorts". Like it all needs attention. Of course the men in the family are not getting it. They say it "looks like it always looks" of course that is part of the issue.. Men!!! After 5:00 I plan on hitting my master bedroom.. If you don't hear from me by morning~ send in help :) I will try to post pictures... But I am just so over the old... IN WITH THE NEW ( or at least re-newed)..By the way, have you all seen the new MaryJane bedding called Moonlite Saranade? All white bedding? OK~ I would have it in every room of the house.. although I would settle for it in the Master bedroom and the guest room smothered in Miss WIlma's all white lace pillows... AHHH I would never ever leave!!!

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  3:50:24 PM  Show Profile
"This mess is a place" Where did I see that recently? Made me smile. I'm trying NOT to nest so much and do all the other things. Re-balancing my act, maybe. :)

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  4:21:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I love it when I get that feeling, and oddly enough the past few days I have been having it too. Also, all the horses in the area are already shedding their summer coats. The old timers in the area are predicting a really bad winter. Perhaps our nesting feelings are telling us the same, Rene? Time to get the canning done, the house cleaned, and the craft projects ready to go!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  4:26:50 PM  Show Profile
I think we all get the urge to purge! Be merciless!!

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"
Go to Top of Page

GrammyGoose
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

Sue
Liverpool PA
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  6:52:38 PM  Show Profile
We are working toward selling our house and decided that we are literally going to get rid of everything in it with the exception of just a few items. The first weekend, we had 37 bags of trash at the curb. Mercy, I had no idea that I had so much useless stuff in this house! The next weekend, we got rid of 24 bags of clothing and household items. Nothing is safe! If someone or something get in my way, they are going to the curb!

It feels so good not to be weighted down by all that stuff! I am loving the prospect of a simpler lifestyle. Just like the one I thought I wanted to run away from when I lived at home on the farm. Boy, do I miss those days!

Now that I've started, I want it fix the house the way I've always wanted it to be, even if we are selling it. Without all the clutter and accumulated treasures, it's so much easier!

Sue
Farmgirl #656

"This is the day that God made, let us drink juice and enjoy it!" - Reece Stutts, age 3
Go to Top of Page

gspringman
True Blue Farmgirl

387 Posts

Gail
Bonanza Oregon
USA
387 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  8:08:10 PM  Show Profile  Send gspringman a Yahoo! Message
Rene, I feel the same way so often, but some of the things I would like to change unfortuntly need a MAN to do them. The best way I find the time to get started is to tell myself I'm expecting a lot of company and then boy do I get my rear in gear. Now if I could do that on a weekly basis.........hmmm.

Just do what you can and keep simplifying your life with only the things you truly need around you. Purge, purge, purge.

Gail
Farmgirl #486
Planting Zone 5
http://grammasladybug.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  08:12:26 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Alee~ Oddly enough I had an old timer here tell me the same. Makes you think doesnt it?
Michele~ I love that... I think I will stitch it on a pillow ( white and cream of course) Miss you~
AnneMarie and Gail~ Love you~ every girl needs a friend to push them off the edge for their own good!
Sue~ We moved a lot early in our marriage... and it was a forced purge, maybe that is what I am missing.
Thanks Gals~ I am going to try to find time this weekend to "get 'er done"...

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  08:23:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
It sure does, Rene! I for one am going to listen to sense and make sure both vehicles are operating in top form before winter comes and we are going to be purchasing studded tires for our car for sure! No more scary slip and slides on icy roads for this farmgirl!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Jennifer Mulkey
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Jennifer
Arkansas City KS
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  10:40:00 AM  Show Profile
Wow, I'm so glad I'm not the only one with this nesting thing going on. The past few days I started reorganizing the office, our bedroom, made new shams for the master bedroom, bought storage baskets for that bedroom, then painted them tomorrow and today will make the cloth inserts. Put up a new thread holder in the office/craft area, already had one, but it was full to overflowing, so added another one and moved them both to another area.

What is it right now that's going on that's got us all in this mood? I've also got pickles that have got to be done, like today!

Glad I'm not alone.

Go to Top of Page

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  1:18:06 PM  Show Profile
Rene-

Sounds like you're in need of a retreat!! I get that feeling every so often, too. Although, I doubt that being totally wrapped up in FARM FAIR for HOW MANY MONTH has anything to do with it!!

That butcher paper idea sounds neat...I have to give that a try!

Carrie

www.totallykadeshfarm.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  5:24:10 PM  Show Profile
Rene - are you preggie? teehee - just kidding. That is when the big nesting instinct kicks in the most.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2009 :  6:55:17 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Carrie~
Hahha.. I am sure that going full speed and ignore the domestic CANT possibly have anything to do with it.. LOL

Jeannie~ I literally fell off my chair~ ummmm NO!!! LOL

I started the wrapping of the books. I only had a black marker.. so, I need to go get a brown one ( I know... dont ask)....But, I am going to like it. I also measured the wall space around the old brick fire place for some additional shelving. I pulled all the old bedding off the Master bed and the Guest bed and just have them dressed down in white sheets sets to see if I will like it.. I do... So now I will have to start building them back. I decided to keep the cream walls. MaryJane Mixes cream and white all the time and it is so beautiful.. SO... I started some faux chenille pillows.. and I am on my way..... little baby steps... OH Jeannie.. I thought we were friends.... LOL

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  04:55:06 AM  Show Profile
Rene' we are friends! I only kid my friends. :) Your cream and white theme sounds beautiful!

Oh, and I have to admit I am a perpetual nester. It brings me so much joy to change things around for a newlook, all the while getting a chance to clean in places that have been covered.

I still remember how much fun it was to get a new fridge, because I got to clean behind it first. Yes, I know...I have a problem.....my name is Jeannie and I am a nester.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Aug 07 2009 04:58:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1984 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1984 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  07:03:29 AM  Show Profile
LOL!! We are not alone!! I too am going through this phase. . . hmmm, could it be that fall is just around the corner and the sense of urgency to get everything ready for the long winter ahead is nipping at our brains???

I know, most of you think fall is in late sept, however, I assure you here where I live the trees are already changing and the night air is crisp ( 50 last night ) So for me, the nesting is to prepare our home for the long days ahead. Rearranged my upstairs loft into my "new office" working on my studio, 3/4 done there, next will be the living room and "open space" which will be transformed into a useful area for the first time. . . rather than the local storage spot.

So Rene, you are not alone in your nesting!! We all need a change, the men simply state that everything looks fine. . cause they know we will have a "honey do list" for them in no time!!

Joanna #566
JojoNH

http://www.CountryCents.com
http://CountryCents.Blogspot.com
http://Twitter.com/Eastwooddesigns
Go to Top of Page

Jennifer Mulkey
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Jennifer
Arkansas City KS
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  09:33:45 AM  Show Profile
I have to wonder if my 'feeling' stems from being ready to do indoor things. It seems we've been gardening forever this summer, it's been such a strange weather summer for us. And I guess maybe I'm just ready for time to sit and knit, or sit and quilt, or sit and do whatever else I can do inside, lol.

I would love to see pics of the white and cream, I'm sure it will be beautiful :)

Jenny
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  10:18:00 AM  Show Profile
Yes. I too feel the urge to purge, reorganize, throw out, donate , etc. I have been thwarted this week, we have all fallen victim to some awful bug, Coughing, vomiting, swollen heads, congestion, aching bits and pieces, so since I was basically mortared in, I resorted my button jars. that was very soothing. Not helpful in any form whatsoever. After I have a nap today, I think I will go through the bookshelves in my room and pick out some for Paperback Swap.com. I don't remember what brilliant farmgirl posted that information, but it has been wonderful to move books along to other readers and get new ones for me.

It is a perfect summer day at last. Later I will sit out on the balcony looking over the backfield and enjoy all the visions in my back yard and hayfield. The wild turkeys were out today wandering around, and my neighbor's horses are such a treat to see. Then I better get back to the sewing room organization project , the neverending extravaganza. And I feel the need to yard out the pantry, get ready to bring the canning jars upstairs and make some peach chutney, jalapeno jelly and raspberry jam. I love it when I have the jars lined up on the shelves...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  11:59:19 AM  Show Profile
I have the desire to get things "in order". My first problem is that I think I need to keep everything- that maybe, just maybe I may need it sometime- next problem is that I when I get home from work and finish dinner and eat, I'm tired and don't really want to get into a project. I think I need a shot of energy and a kick in the butt! I have such a issue with lack of concentration and energy. So many projects to work on . Any ideas friends to get me going in the right direction?
xoxo-Lori

Thank GOD I'm a Country Girl!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2009 :  4:03:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yesterday I worked on cleaning up our living room. I really focused on cleaning up and purging that which didn't need to be there. My bookcase shines right now from a fresh polish job and I am actually very inspired by the bookshelf- It looks so much better now! I want my whole house to look like it!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  12:00:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
So speaking of nesting and my living room, my entertainment center area hasn't been cleaned since we moved in. It is a jumble of CD's, DVD's, game console, wires- mess. The blanket that covers the blanket box that our TV sits on is grungy and my TV is dirty. It's been bugging me so for the past hour I have been taking things apart, moving them, and cleaning them. Now my last project which will probably take me the rest of the night (LOL) is to find the cases for all the CD's, clean the CD's and put them back. Then they will go back on the CD holder behind the TV. I also moved our game console/DVD player so Nora can't get to it anymore. She figured out how to load CD's but is really rough with it and I am worried she will break it.

Anyway- The nesting continues!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1984 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1984 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  07:09:30 AM  Show Profile
Alee, your not alone. This morning I could not take the dust or cobwebs in the eves any longer. So I have been at it since 7 am. Just taking a break and will continue the de-clutter, dusting, rearranging etc. Rene's idea of cream and white sounds soooo peaceful, unfortunately it is not a color that is easy for me to keep clean! My palate is tones of brown, blue and burgundy. Works with all the primitives I use and decorate with.

Well, sitting here in my loft looking down into the living room I see that I need to clean the rug to. . . ugh! Oh well, if I do it now I won't need to do it again for quite some time.

back to the nesting. . ..

Joanna #566
JojoNH

http://www.CountryCents.com
http://CountryCents.Blogspot.com
http://Twitter.com/Eastwooddesigns
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2009 :  07:16:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I finally went to bed at about 1am last night. So I didn't get the CD's cleaned. But that was the first thing I did this morning. So now my entertainment center area is dust and clutter free with the CD's back in their rightful places. The next step for me today is going to be doing a blitz on laundry and dishes. I am just so tired of a messy house! I am ready for a clean house and to have it STAY clean! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Nesting Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: