Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Help Me Quit the Bad Habit
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Help Me Quit the Bad Habit Next Topic
Page: of 3

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - May 25 2006 :  05:54:33 AM  Show Profile
Hi Beth, How are you making out? I was also a smoker, remember the shame I always felt, and have much sympathy for all the folks trying to quit. My nature is definitely to addict to anything (daily ice cream?!!) and I've read lots of great advice. I'd read tips about how to quit, and followed them successfully--talking smoking not ice cream ;). First, the odds of cutting down to a level of nonsmoking rather than cold turkey are really small. So, when you've made a date to quit, do any cutting down before that date, and before going to bed the night before, destroy all cigarettes available and take them out to the trash can. I did use the nicotine gum, and quickly cut back on the pieces per day until I got to 1.... and stayed there for three weeks. I also prayed before quitting for help, and prayed fairly continuously during the whole quitting time period. Nobody loves me as much as the Lord...and I was sure He'd want to help, which He did. Finally, I knew I'd reached a safe place when the smell of smoke was toxic. Before that, I loved to get a whiff of smoke, and it made me really vulnerable... Now, to be in a home where someone is smoking literally makes me feel like my throat is closing; I can't breathe. It makes me thankful. You are in my prayers, and I know you can do this.
Tell us how you're doing, okay?

Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Help Me Quit the Bad Habit Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page