Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Tomorrow's the big day...UPDATED
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Tomorrow's the big day...UPDATED Next Topic  

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - May 24 2006 :  04:58:02 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
whew...I have never done so little in a day my entire life as yesterday. Today -- more of the same -- nothing. Hubby is home and I am on strict orders to do NOTHING. Sit, read, watch TV - did you know there is very little on TV to watch? Walk in the garden, NO work. He thinks I need to rest these last two days before my surgery. So I am being a good girl and minding him! Ben (my 10 year old) even cooked supper last night. Chicken enchiladas are his specialty. Today...nothing but clear liquids and well, my morning coffee - cant give that up! I don't know yet what time I will be heading to the hospital but I figure around 4 in the morning. Its a 1 1/2 drive and I think I have to be there at 5:30 -6:00 - they will verify this afternoon.

So...all this to say...see all you happy people in a few days. Surely in a few days I will feel like at least getting on the computer and seeing whats going on!

This is a new experience for me. I dont get a prize this trip. Every other time I have been in the hospital I got to bring home a sweet little baby. It will be very strange to come home and be able to rest and relax.

Hope you all have a wonderful end of the week and weekend! Talk to you all real soon.

I am home...more later. Gonna rest. The ride down my lovely country road was kinda rough. I am doing well. Lost a lot of blood so may take me a little while to feel myself. But I will. Thanks for all your well wishes and prayers. you are all very dear to me!

Susan
Proprietress of Dahlem's Soapworks http://www.thesoapmaven.com

Edited by - TheSoapMaven on May 28 2006 04:59:27 AM

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - May 24 2006 :  05:08:30 AM  Show Profile
Susan-I'll be thinking of you, sending prayers and hugs for your surgery and speedy recovery. It is a beautiful day here in SW MI and I hope it is a beautiful day there for you to relax and enjoy your gardens.

Best Wishes, Hugs, and Prayers!
Ellen in MI
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - May 24 2006 :  05:41:28 AM  Show Profile
Will be thinking of you, Susan, and praying for you - when you read this, you will be back home, and we can all say welcome back and get strong and yippee - it is over!

Peace
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - May 24 2006 :  05:53:20 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
HI Susan-
I am glad you are listening and relaxing! I know how hard that is for you. It won't be long before you are looking back on all this and saying why did I wait so long to do this. The time has gone quickly leading up to this. Keeping busy has been the key. And now the wait. Remember you have great confidence in your doctor and all will be well. Many prayers are being sent your way. And a big thanks to your sweet children and hubby for taking such good care of you.

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights
http://bethsblissnblossomfarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

dargaonfly1054
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Georgette
Nicholville NY
USA
257 Posts

Posted - May 24 2006 :  05:59:08 AM  Show Profile
Good luck and God bless. Georgette

"We need the tonic of wildness, to wade sometimes in marshes where the bittern and the meadow-hen lurk..." Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - May 24 2006 :  06:18:03 AM  Show Profile
Susan- You (and your doctors!) will be in my prayers.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - May 24 2006 :  11:04:19 AM  Show Profile
Susan,

Sure all will go well, and will be thinking of you and praying for a very quick recovery. Just relax and think good thoughts today. Abt TV - it's true - nothing to watch unless "O" or "WE" has a good chick flick. Good thoughts are coming your way.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

ThymeForEweFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

705 Posts

Robin
An organic farm in the forest in Maine
USA
705 Posts

Posted - May 24 2006 :  12:44:25 PM  Show Profile
I'll be praying Susan.

Robin
www.thymeforewe.com
Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - May 24 2006 :  12:46:02 PM  Show Profile
Best wishes to you and a speedy recovery~~praying all goes well..
Jan
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - May 24 2006 :  12:58:55 PM  Show Profile
Got some soap and a giftie from you today, thankyou. I know all will be fine, and soon this will all be a thing of the past. will be thinking of you in the next few days.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - May 24 2006 :  2:45:41 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!

Susan I know that all will go well. Will be sending you prayers for healing.

Connie
Texas Farm Girl

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

LisaBee
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Lisa
Sparta TN
USA
149 Posts

Posted - May 24 2006 :  6:10:56 PM  Show Profile  Send LisaBee a Yahoo! Message
Sending good thoughts your way. Can't wait til you're through all this and rested up - and back doing the things you love to do.

Hugs. Lisa

"There is no teacup too large, nor book too long."
http://lisa222.blogspot.com WEBSITE http://alittlepartasparta.com
Go to Top of Page

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - May 25 2006 :  11:51:13 PM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
Take care Susan! Cant wait to hear from you when you get back. Ill be thinking about you till then!

You must be the change you want to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - May 26 2006 :  2:33:00 PM  Show Profile
More prayers. You have a wonderful family! It's nice to know they'll be taking care of you. Hugs,
Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - May 26 2006 :  5:24:48 PM  Show Profile
Susan,
Just wanted you to know that like all the other farmgirls, you were in my prayers yesterday. When I got up, that was one of the first things I thought of, so I hope it went well and that by now you are cozy and resting comfortably with lots of loving care and help around you.

Please go slow so the healing will be healthy. We'll be anxious to hear from you when you are able. Prayers are still be lifted for you.

In His hands,
Lynda L.

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
www.pamperedchef.biz/lorenzfamilycooks
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 27 2006 :  11:38:03 AM  Show Profile
oh gurlfren .. you will indeed be bringing home a prize (or is that LEAVING one at the hospital?) nope .. won't be as wonderful as a warm cuddly little baby .. but i PROMISE you .. you will be coming home to a new FREEDOM you haven't known before in your adult life .. a carefree-ness .. less to 'worry' about in the "ladies' department" -- and you'll sure be feeling finer than you have as of late.

will, of course send prayers heavenward for a speedy recovery .. hugs, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

My KENTUCKY RAMBLINGS 'blog':
http://cabincreekfarm-kentucky.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - May 28 2006 :  07:00:31 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Susan I called your house a couple times to see how it went but I am guessing your family was with you at the hospital. I am so glad to hear it went well and you are at home.( though I did notice you posted pretty early in the morning!)
I got all the soap and lotion. You're an angel to get all that done for me. SPent yesterday at the market and am heading there again today. Also spreading the word on Maryjanes Farm to any who will listen. Keep me posted on how you're doing.

XOXO

PS The coffee is Fantastic! Thank You

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights
http://bethsblissnblossomfarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 28 2006 :  07:39:09 AM  Show Profile
susan .. thinkin' about you this sunny sunday morning .. hope you are up and ready to go 'dancin' the night away real soon! take care .. and wobble over to that computer when you get home (don't forget your PILLOW to hold against your belly!) and let us know what a 'piece of cake' it was! xoxo

True Friends, Frannie

My KENTUCKY RAMBLINGS 'blog':
http://cabincreekfarm-kentucky.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - May 30 2006 :  11:09:52 AM  Show Profile
Susan,

So glad to hear all went well. Rest and relax and know that we're all thinking about you.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Tomorrow's the big day...UPDATED Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page