Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  12:05:43 AM  Show Profile
Am I the only one who can never manage to have the inside of my house AND the garden looking really good at the same time? My garden has been getting more attention this week..and it shows. My house is dusty and needs vacuming pretty badly....sigh.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  12:11:28 AM  Show Profile
You're so right. I find I am going to have so much catching up to do with the gardening I really better get my house up to snuff real soon---as I'm sure it must be getting better in a week so I can go pull all the weeds. On the east coast we have gotten so much rain----I can't ever remember such a washout of a season thus far.
Oh well, when it rains it pours.

Beverly Gill
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  12:37:09 AM  Show Profile
It has been much cooler this month here (and rainy too) than usual for June. I am sure we will get our share of hot hot summer days in July and August..and into Sept..we always do..but the weeds have sure been taking over...so I have really been concentrating on them I guess. I manage to keep the kitchen and living room presentable and clean, but the other rooms..sure need work.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4191 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4191 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  04:47:22 AM  Show Profile
No Jenny your not the only one. I got my gardens tilled and weeded, and they look great. My house, well not so great. I have the boys do jobs in the house, and well they don't do them very well! I have been working on haying too. So once that is done, maybe I can get at the house work, and get cooking again. We have been very dry here, and hoping for rain today.
The cut the last of the hay tomorrow.
Good luck on getting caught up.
Michele
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  05:42:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I agree, it's hard to do both. I've been concentrating on my house because of the company I'm having for the BBB, and boy, now, I need to weed my garden!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  07:07:36 AM  Show Profile
I sure can't do both and right now it looks like I can't do either one. It gets so hot so early that I don't get much done outside. This a.m. I harvested some garlic, squash and yellow wax beans. Used round-up around back garden and chicken yard. And watered for an hour or so. Got so hot, I was spraying more water on me than the plants. Now I am resting. Maybe for a long time. Then I have to go back out and hang up the garlic, then come in and do something with the squash. Don't plan to do any housework. Woops, almost forgot, Ole Ron reminded me last night that I need to do some laundry.
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  07:25:12 AM  Show Profile
I sure would rather be outside than inside and I guess my house shows it. My house even when everyone moves away and I will be all by myself will still have that 'lived in look'. It's comfy though. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  08:32:39 AM  Show Profile
Oh Jenny! You are SO not alone!!!! I can't stand housework! Consequently, I'm always finding other things to do (like be outside in the garden or cooking or reading or hanging out with the MJ girls). Thankfully my kids and husband are pretty much in charge of the laundry which helps a lot! I'm kind of in a "throw" mood, so whenever I start cleaning a room, I end up taking everything out of the cupboards, off the shelves, etc. The good news is that I've gathered a nice collection for a rummage sale. The bad news is that it's taking 10 times longer to get a room clean!

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  09:40:04 AM  Show Profile
My house is lucky to have any kind of cleaning done in the spring, summer or fall. I usually get a major cleaning done in the winter, other wise, I am way to busy, in the gardens, barns, pastures, chicken houses, butchering, etc, etc, etc!!!

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  10:02:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Or sewing. You can't devote a lot of time to sewing and have a clean house either! Though I do have to laugh since one of my messes was a craft pile stash which is now mostly depleted so perhaps after farm fair and gardening season my house will start looking more in shape! LOL But then there is school.... I need a maid!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  10:13:38 AM  Show Profile
Jenny:
I clean the house, but during the weekend it is back to bad. Clean the yard, it takes two days before I've got to do it all again.
But, I do love yardwork.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  10:15:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I would much rather do yard work than housework!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  10:17:50 AM  Show Profile
Ah if only there were magic cleaning faeries! Don't stress too much. Like Flylady says concentrate short spurts on different areas of the house. The nice weather only stays for so long, now is the time to enjoy it.

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  11:39:11 AM  Show Profile
I wish there were cleaning faeries too! I stopped stressing about the state of my house a LONG time ago. Visitors can take me the way I am...if they don't like it, they don't have to visit ;). I figure that my girls are WAY more important and they'll be grown and gone before I know it. The housework will still be here so I plan on making those memories while I have the chance.

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1682 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  8:35:34 PM  Show Profile
It's so important to make memories with your children. I did that with my three children. Along with cleaning house, being room momfor my children, taking care of gardens, sewing clothes for the children and taking them to whereever afterschool stuff they had. My day started early and ended around 11:30 P.M. everyday. Even though the children are all moved out I still start my day early and sty up late.
Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2009 :  10:04:57 PM  Show Profile
Nope Jenny, you aren't alone, I'm in the same boat! Just can't get everything done. Oh well, at least the sun is shining and there's no snow on the ground!! I had the winter blues so bad this past winter that I'm gonna enjoy the sun while I can and the house can wait til I "feel" like it(or hubby complains loudly, which ever comes first).

Cindy

FARMGIRLS CAN DO ANYTHING!!!

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  4:13:19 PM  Show Profile
So the house gets a little dirty, thats why we have winter.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  4:24:22 PM  Show Profile
I undertand...I have been on the mend I have been home from the hospital (another post). And alot went down hill. The first week home my dearest neighbor and my hubby got out and weeded my garden. My wonderful husband has done the best he could around the house. But you know as well as I do they dont do house work as well as we do...maybe some..but not mine. So this week (been home 2 weeks) I have been doing laundry and I dusted and cooked dinner YEPPIE...I even cleaned out the kitchen cabinets. So I did get some things done. Still need to go out to the garden and weed it...yuck. I go back to work on July 7th...
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  5:14:13 PM  Show Profile
You take it easy Deborah!!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2009 :  05:53:22 AM  Show Profile
thanks Jenny

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page

harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2009 :  2:57:18 PM  Show Profile
I'm so thankful to HAVE a house and garden that any way they get presented to others in the world is fine with me......

Debbie

"If you can't find the time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over"
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2009 :  3:20:47 PM  Show Profile
My house is always "under construction" and that is my excuse for a messy/unkempt house and I'm sticking to it.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Woodswoman
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Jennifer
Altamont NY
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2009 :  4:22:18 PM  Show Profile
No, you're not the only one. When it is rainy my house looks good, when it's been nice the garden looks good.

I REALLY lost out during the end of June/beginning of July. It rained and rained, so my house SHOULD have looked good. However, the basement flooded so we spent the whole time dealing with that! As a result, NOTHING looked good!

Oh well-the gardens look good now. The house will be next....

Jennifer
Farmgirl Sister #104

"Nature brings to every time and season some beauties of its own".
-Charles Dickens
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2009 :  6:27:15 PM  Show Profile
Is it possible to have them both good at once? I don't think so, glad I'm not alone:)
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2009 :  6:38:08 PM  Show Profile
You gals just make my day!!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2881 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2881 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2009 :  6:53:55 PM  Show Profile
I only want half!! I have been spending the last month or so trying to study for this stupid certificaton test that I have to take(thanks to all the unscrupulous lenders & appraisers out there that helped to crash our money).. & my house & garden both look horrible. I walked into the garden tonight to get some cukes & told hubby "if I don't come out in 5 minutes, send out a search party" & I am not kidding, my weeds are so high.
On the inside, I am going for a new wall to wall carpet fiber look...dog hair. I am almost there..
Anyway, test is Weds & even though it only has a 30% pass rate, I feel partially liberated, that even if I don't pass, I may have some down time to "get down" & clean & pull WEEDS!
Jenny, could you lend me your 4 kiddos for a week?? I promise to feed them well..If they could only get my garden to look like yours...Pretty please?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Can't have it all I guess... Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page